AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-28, 02:01   Link #1841
Ch1kane

if it's anime nope they didn't show her graduating etc. but if its manga then its unknown since its still ongoing.
Ch1kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 02:14   Link #1842
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The anime ends just before shizuma's graduation. The manga hasnt finished yet, its still ongoing in japan.
Old 2007-04-28, 02:35   Link #1843
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow, only two volumes. Going slow on this one. Guess this will be one of those with very few volumes but those few span many years.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 09:48   Link #1844
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol i dont think so, its a short series i think. Also bear in mind this wasnt released in volume format in japan, it was in magazine (cant remember which one) with a chapter a month or so.

There is however a novel for it aswell, which has also been licensed
Old 2007-04-28, 10:08   Link #1845
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
i think the novel has already ended with 3 volumes also its the same story of the manga or very similar if someone know how it ended please tell me :3
Old 2007-04-28, 11:09   Link #1846
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Yes the novel is over with three vols, however it hasnt been released yet. Only vol 1 has. Vol2 is out in june and vol 3 in december if memory serves me right
Old 2007-04-28, 17:35   Link #1847
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
I found some images of novel volume 3 the last one but didn`t understand anything LOL if you want to see them here is the link:
http://www.yamibo.com/viewthread.php...wberry%2Bpanic
Old 2007-05-05, 16:35   Link #1848
Devious

wow thanks for the info on manga and novels... damn I just couldn't bear SP2nd season without Shizuma, but I think they could just show something after her graduating... hmz... it's easy to say go buy the manga but I just can't do it in my country
Devious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 18:11   Link #1849
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I doubt there would be a second season for this, there's just not enough material. If they did make one, it would have to be made from scratch (which isnt always bad).

Manga wise, cheapest place ive found it is in the UK, which is unusual since we're normally the more expensive. At the moment, if you know which shops to use, manga sells for around 2-3 which is insanely cheap. I spent near 200 recently buying a shed load of manga >.< my credit card is crying lol
Old 2007-05-05, 22:40   Link #1850
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I doubt there would be a second season for this, there's just not enough material. If they did make one, it would have to be made from scratch (which isnt always bad).

Manga wise, cheapest place ive found it is in the UK, which is unusual since we're normally the more expensive. At the moment, if you know which shops to use, manga sells for around 2-3 which is insanely cheap. I spent near 200 recently buying a shed load of manga >.< my credit card is crying lol
As far as I know, Strawberry panic manga isn't available in English anywhere in the world. I just check out amazon.co.uk and there is only one novel. No manga. What are you referring to exactly? I would love to see manga published in English as well. I never understand why they take up novels first. Everyone knows that Japanese manga sells better than Japanese novels these days, right?
Old 2007-05-05, 23:30   Link #1851
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I think you should look again cause i found the manga on amazon aswell as a few other places. The manga is licensed by Seven Seas, as is the novel. The manga is due for release in july (apparently) and vol 1 of the novel is out already.

The manga is in amazons forthcoming section, which is a b**ch to find. Though at the moment its release date is slated for july, there's a rumour that it may be pushed back to december.

That said if you look around a bit you'll find the first vol scanlated. If you looking for cheap manga from the UK, the look at The Book Depository, they have a shop on amazon and are by far the cheapest. I bought all 8 vols of Claymore for 1.79 each, with free posting and i got them next day (with the exception of vol 8, its not released here yet).

As for which sells better, i disagree. They are 2 seperate mediums. If the book form of a manga is licensed i rather by the book than the manga (though i usually buy both). Books give a broader scope for the imagination to run riot. For example i may not see Shizuma the way the Mangaka does, i'll see her slightlkly different. Books allow the reader to take a more unique view and understanding of the series.

Personally I'd love to see more novels being licensed.
Old 2007-07-01, 05:56   Link #1852
silverstri

OMG the anime finished already!!!

i really miss shizuma...so hawt!!
Old 2007-07-02, 16:36   Link #1853
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For some reason, I never actually got into this show while it was airing, but I'll definitely check it out on DVD now that it's been licensed. Like the rest of Media Blaster's yuri-esque shows, it probably won't be dubbed, but here too, the good price point will make it an easy pick-up. I'm looking forward to watching the show and seeing what all of you already know!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 17:06   Link #1854
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Strawberry Panic has been licensed by Media Blasters. See AnimeOnDVD for more information. As this series is a "MFI" series, torrents or discussions about downloads were already not allowed, so this situation won't change.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 17:54   Link #1855
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow...media blasters are on a roll here O.O and considering how much i love this series i just cant wait to add it to my growing collection

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 19:55   Link #1856
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For some reason, I never actually got into this show while it was airing, but I'll definitely check it out on DVD now that it's been licensed. Like the rest of Media Blaster's yuri-esque shows, it probably won't be dubbed, but here too,
No problem, still going to buy it even if I am a dub fan.
Quote:
the good price point will make it an easy pick-up. I'm looking forward to watching the show and seeing what all of you already know!
Good price beats dub version. spread the joy!
Old 2007-07-02, 23:19   Link #1857
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Wow! So Media Blasters will get Strawberry Panic? Which means SP will finally be in here in U.S! Yaaay! I'll be waiting for this one...definitely!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 01:05   Link #1858
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstri View Post
OMG the anime finished already!!!

i really miss shizuma...so hawt!!
Novel Shizuma is hotter.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:25   Link #1859
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

imo i like chizuru the black haired girl from le rim.. Those red flowers are just too kawaii... She's got a great personality too.. Too bad she didn't get to play a bigger role.
Old 2007-07-09, 15:50   Link #1860
Xellos-_^
Married

I am too lazy to go rummage through this 93 page thread.

So can someone post some Chikaru, Yaya and Tamao Avatar/Sigs.

I am stocking up for the Saimoe 2007

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri