AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-16, 11:35   Link #1881
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The etoill battle is also different aswell, since Shimizu bullies her favorite girl into being her partner and runs again.

None of the yuri shows are fully explicit, otherwise they'd be hentai

However the manga and novels are more out in the open than the anime, and a bit more forceful, especially shimizu who has a total S&M personality in them >.<

Personlly i prefered the manga versions, they flow better than the naime which had some jerky moments when it kept switching focus

Not sure if i'll be buying it though when its released. Think i'll rent it fist and see how it goes, if its any good i'll look into buying it.
Old 2007-08-16, 12:06   Link #1882
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
And I thought Madhouse Studios were very good at adapting manga into anime series. How could they blow this one?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 12:47   Link #1883
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I think the problem was; "Hey, lets try and make it more ecchi by making the girls have lesbian sex!" Thing.
Old 2007-08-16, 15:24   Link #1884
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
And I thought Madhouse Studios were very good at adapting manga into anime series. How could they blow this one?
They didnt blow it TBH. Truth be told i was impressed at how well they did do with it, especially that ED *drools* blinks *drolls a whole lot more*

They just tamed down some of the more overt stuff from the manga. Sure they didnt follow the manga, but the core was there so it was a pretty good conversion. Also they didnt bill it as a true conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I think the problem was; "Hey, lets try and make it more ecchi by making the girls have lesbian sex!" Thing.
As i said the anime is actually tamer than the manga. You need to remember that its an ecchi series to begin with.
Old 2007-08-25, 17:00   Link #1885
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Yeah, I guess so...on other news. The folks at Yamibo was generous enough to repost the SP! CGs. They only justed finished with Yaya (Which I feel her sultriness with Hikari was below standards)

http://www.yamibo.com/thread-39110-92-1.html
Old 2007-08-26, 19:02   Link #1886
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Really? I mean SP! Anime had Amane and Hikari going at it, Kaname and Momomi going at it and finally Shizuma and Kaori going at it. But how was SP! Manga more raunchier? Got visual proof?
The way I see it. The manga is funny because it has...

Spoiler for Manga scan:
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 20:15   Link #1887
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Hehehe...I guess...but nothing beats Yaya fondling and molesting Hikari all the time in the Manga and Anime...Also to note, I have working on a little fanfic that I would like to see get reviewed. I could post it for you guys if you are interested...
Old 2007-08-30, 11:47   Link #1888
Xellos-_^
Married

A Naughty Tamao is a healthy Tamao

Sheba posted this on another thread, i thought i share this with other StoPanic legions.
Old 2007-08-30, 16:02   Link #1889
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

"flies flag" Woot! Anyways I got the unofficial SP! Megami Spreads for the rest of the girls of SP!
Old 2007-09-15, 21:04   Link #1890
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Time to rally Tsubomi to victory!

Spoiler for Tsubomi Rally time!:

Vote Tsubomi for H-block, because Tsubomi puts the Tsu in Tsundere!
Old 2007-09-30, 23:38   Link #1891
Woodchips
つかれた!

SP! Music videos

Wow, this thread has been quiet for a while. Just thought I might share some good Strawberry Panic music video's that I found while scouring YouTube. Descriptions taken from the video's sites.

1. "Cry": A music video portraying the tumultuous relationship between Nagisa and Shizuma.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V0JPoQJCp6g

2. "What hurts the most": A Strawberry Panic music video exploring the friendship of Nagisa and Tamao, and the pain of unrequited love.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7VRYO0j2_k

3. "Victims of love": A Nagisa and Shizuma music video. Song is "victims of love" by Good Charlotte.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WWwr-K2-ymo
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 22:58   Link #1892
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Pretty good, but I personally think SP! Should take a Repure approach to give it a revival (and give SP! another refreshment so they can have another go at Saimoe next year... (especially since SP! wasnt very special since it was Marimite without men)
Old 2007-10-07, 23:02   Link #1893
taelrak

Quote:
Pretty good, but I personally think SP! Should take a Repure approach to give it a revival (and give SP! another refreshment so they can have another go at Saimoe next year... (especially since SP! wasnt very special since it was Marimite without men)
Another season would be nice. They'd probably have to come up with a different plot or something though, which may be hard to do in a character-centric show without making everything seem like fillers.

I actually think both Marmite and SP could use some better animation. You can only stare at pastel or stick-figure-type characters for so long
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 11:15   Link #1894
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well maybe something that goes down to the roots of the short stories would be nice (But that will make the Yaya fans go OH NOES OUR PERVERTED YAYA IS NO LONGER PERVERTED).
Old 2007-11-14, 17:14   Link #1895
bubbleum
~ Lilium ~

Wow, nice thread! Went through all 95 pages and really liked it (believe it or not). I suppose I have way too much free time, but when it's about SP - not much I can do, I'm just powerless... Especially when it's being accused of something which, obviously, is Not true at all :

Quote:
(especially since SP! wasnt very special since it was Marimite without men)
O_O WOW, dude, are you on drugs or something??? Take no offence, I'm not trying to insult you, but don't really think a normal and healthy human being who has watched both shows would have ever said anything like that... and I was sure I had heard everything...
Maybe I should have asked first whether you've watched Strawberry Panic/Marimite (I assume you've seen at least one of them...or?) Because they both have their own story, characters, setting, plot etc. Just because they had a few points of contact (along with almost all romance media and books) concluding SP was "Marimite without men"? That's laughable... Not to mention how would Starbride feel, being disregarded
For me SP was quite special, but that's a matter of opinion, like I said somewhere before: different people - difference in interests.

Hope that didn't sound harsh, didn't want to offend you or anything, it just made me jump out of my skin. I respect your opinions, but I can hardly call this lame comment "an opinion", sounded more like an outrage
bubbleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 10:31   Link #1896
Mad Dog
Banned

Anyone know when volume 1 of the DVDs will be comming out.... or has it already come out?
Mad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 07:40   Link #1897
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleum View Post
O_O WOW, dude, are you on drugs or something??? Take no offence, I'm not trying to insult you, but don't really think a normal and healthy human being who has watched both shows would have ever said anything like that... and I was sure I had heard everything...
Maybe I should have asked first whether you've watched Strawberry Panic/Marimite (I assume you've seen at least one of them...or?) Because they both have their own story, characters, setting, plot etc. Just because they had a few points of contact (along with almost all romance media and books) concluding SP was "Marimite without men"? That's laughable... Not to mention how would Starbride feel, being disregarded
For me SP was quite special, but that's a matter of opinion, like I said somewhere before: different people - difference in interests.

Hope that didn't sound harsh, didn't want to offend you or anything, it just made me jump out of my skin. I respect your opinions, but I can hardly call this lame comment "an opinion", sounded more like an outrage
I don't know, I'm a normal and healthy human being who has watched both shows and I can say that SP is pretty much a raunchier version of Marimite. Before you go freaking out again, I like both shows so I'm not dissing SP for being "raunchy". Sure there's cosmetic differences but the themes are the same.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 14:51   Link #1898
bubbleum
~ Lilium ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I don't know, I'm a normal and healthy human being who has watched both shows...
Glad to hear that , but have to disagree:
First, SP is not a version of Maria-sama;
Second, SP is not "raunchy" at all, but, hey, that's a matter of taste. It's obvious you liked Marimite more and I have no prob with that. I, myself, liked a little that one and really fell in love with the other one... My point is - after watching 26 eps, not once did I see anything which can be associated with the word "raunchy" (don't really think a 10 sec "cosmetic" yuri scene is worth mentioning out of 25 min show), nor did I see something slovenly. But, like I said, that's a matter of taste.

About the "cosmetic differences" - hah, the differences are much more considerable than just being cosmetic. Hell, even the main themes differ - obviously the main theme in a romantic film/anime/book is love, but there are different kinds of love. In SP it's plain, but in Marimite the relationships are more sister-like(I suppose that's why next to Genre it's written "Drama, ESU - japanese for sister, and in the very end Yuri). Only the setting is the same(along with countless other animes), all-girl school, though there's Still a difference - in SP there are 3 schools(btw, the architecture of each was way better than the only one in Marimite <_< oh, I'm good at getting on people's nerves lol), not that much of a significant difference, but it's the thought that counts

Btw the reiteration of "difference" and derivatives wasn't accidental...
bubbleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 17:45   Link #1899
Fweakin

Quote:
Second, SP is not "raunchy" at all, but, hey, that's a matter of taste. ...
I'm not sure whether we were watching the same shows

SP, regardless of how much I liked it, was a soap-opera of an anime (I mean, come on, amnesia?) and did a huge amount of pandering to LFB with fan-service. "Raunchy" essentially epitomises Shizuma's character for the first 12 episodes, and if you don't see that, then I'm not sure what I can say to convince you otherwise. Kinda smacked me in the face.

The thing I agree with you, however, is the fact that I saw Marimite and SP as being two separate shows, regardless of the similar settings they had.

And I'd just like to say, whenever I rewatch the SP anime, it makes me wish that it had the same level of detail in the artwork as the manga did (however I would never, EVER read that drivel again......god it was bad!). The manga's art was just lush.
And one by one back in the Closet lays.
--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 07:45   Link #1900
Zippicus

Quote:
Second, SP is not "raunchy" at all, but, hey, that's a matter of taste. It's obvious you liked Marimite more and I have no prob with that. I, myself, liked a little that one and really fell in love with the other one... My point is - after watching 26 eps, not once did I see anything which can be associated with the word "raunchy" (don't really think a 10 sec "cosmetic" yuri scene is worth mentioning out of 25 min show), nor did I see something slovenly. But, like I said, that's a matter of taste.

About the "cosmetic differences" - hah, the differences are much more considerable than just being cosmetic. Hell, even the main themes differ - obviously the main theme in a romantic film/anime/book is love, but there are different kinds of love. In SP it's plain, but in Marimite the relationships are more sister-like(I suppose that's why next to Genre it's written "Drama, ESU - japanese for sister, and in the very end Yuri). Only the setting is the same(along with countless other animes), all-girl school, though there's Still a difference - in SP there are 3 schools(btw, the architecture of each was way better than the only one in Marimite <_< oh, I'm good at getting on people's nerves lol), not that much of a significant difference, but it's the thought that counts

Btw the reiteration of "difference" and derivatives wasn't accidental...
Well lets take a look at both shows...
1. Protagonist - High school girl
2. Setting - All girl school
3. Plot - Slice of life look at them as they deal with relationships with other characters, student council business, school plays, vacations, etc.

Sure the plot devices are different, since they're different shows and all but the overall themes are pretty much the same. The main difference is how they deal with the relationships.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri