AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the true Queen?
Mashiro 36 18.18%
Arika 87 43.94%
Nina 51 25.76%
All of them 10 5.05%
None of them 14 7.07%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-04, 12:41   Link #241
Kalyia
~*... 雪心 ..

Send a message via AIM to Kalyia Send a message via MSN to Kalyia
I have a suggestion: cant someone do a DNA test? since the tech so great those times....
Old 2006-02-04, 12:44   Link #242
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyia
I have a suggestion: cant someone do a DNA test? since the tech so great those times....
Considering how they have car designs that look very 60's, I dont think its surprising that they dont have DNA testing.

Of course, theres also the fact that they lost the technology a few hundred years ago, and Garderobe probably holds more tech than any other country besides Schwarz or Aswad.
Old 2006-02-04, 22:35   Link #243
Kalyia
~*... 雪心 ..

Send a message via AIM to Kalyia Send a message via MSN to Kalyia
i still think that city has far more technology then other city in the series but yet there are far more can do... since the school has a lot of technology...

who being the real queen... they will kno the answer at the end...

we mite keep on guessing but yet i think it is better if we have a "?" in the head...

keep the surprice up~!
Old 2006-02-06, 10:30   Link #244
KiraDouji

I think it's worth pointing out that even if they did have the technology somewhere to say definately "this is the princess" or "this isn't the princess", it was in their best interests not to use it. They only had one possible canidate for 14 years and a 50/50 chance of her actually being the queen. If they proved her not to be, they just considerably weakened their government's global position. However, if it's neither confirmed that she is the princess, nor denied that she is not, they can maintain a stable ground far longer. (although, not indefinately)

- Kira
Old 2006-02-06, 10:52   Link #245
Obsidian penguin

My theory :
Nina = real queen
Mashiro = Rena's daughter
Arika = Rena's clone (with Miyu's team engenieering...)

It's only my theory.
Old 2006-02-06, 10:59   Link #246
Aegelward

not that genes matter in anime, but from what i remember of the portraits of the former king and queen of windbloom, their hair was pretty close to mashiro's, and nina is possibly rena's daughter...

i think arika could be mai's daughter somehow o_o since she shares the same colour hair...
Old 2006-02-06, 12:04   Link #247
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegelward
i think arika could be mai's daughter somehow o_o since she shares the same colour hair...
Mai = roughly 5 years older than Arika.
Mai = still a virgin at age 15/16(Pearl)

Go figure.
Old 2006-02-07, 04:25   Link #248
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian penguin
My theory :
Nina = real queen
Mashiro = Rena's daughter
Arika = Rena's clone (with Miyu's team engenieering...)

It's only my theory.
I like to thinck so too ... there's just one problem ... if the real queen of WindBloom is Nina then were in for a realy dark story ... remmember Sergey's little story to Arika before he dumped her
Old 2006-02-07, 07:39   Link #249
Sevenseas

It would be funny if the real queen really died in that attack back then. ^^
Old 2006-02-07, 12:48   Link #250
AsukaBoogiepop
Righteous!!!

I think Mashiro is the queen because Arika looks way too much like Rena (specially with that blue clothes and the images in the new opening)..... and Nina ...well maybe Nina is product of a failed experiment created to supplant the real queen @_@ ....I wonder if my female instinct is correct nowadays

I'm also curious about the relation Sergey/Rena o.O
Old 2006-02-12, 08:01   Link #251
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
I believe that Mashiro ist the true queen

But Arika as queen of Windbloom, and Mashiro as her Otome woult be awesome A girl like Mashiro deserves to have have super strenght!
Old 2006-02-12, 09:34   Link #252
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsukaBoogiepop
I think Mashiro is the queen because Arika looks way too much like Rena (specially with that blue clothes and the images in the new opening)..... and Nina ...well maybe Nina is product of a failed experiment created to supplant the real queen @_@ ....I wonder if my female instinct is correct nowadays

I'm also curious about the relation Sergey/Rena o.O
If any of the three girls were to be an artificial (but organic) construct, my bet would be on Arika. For no more reason that the fact that Miyu sees her with glowing hair, and that no normal girl would have Miyu as a guardian.

We need more Miyu, damn it! She is just too cool!
Old 2006-02-12, 12:58   Link #253
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
If any of the three girls were to be an artificial (but organic) construct, my bet would be on Arika. For no more reason that the fact that Miyu sees her with glowing hair, and that no normal girl would have Miyu as a guardian.

We need more Miyu, damn it! She is just too cool!
I think that Miyu sees Arika that way because she is a decendent of Alyssa Searrs. Miyu has likely always been the guardian of Alyssa's decendants just as she was Alyssa's guardian. Considering how much Mimi looks like Alyssa, I would like to see how she appeared to Miyu.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
Old 2006-02-14, 03:30   Link #254
AMon10A

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
I think that Miyu sees Arika that way because she is a decendent of Alyssa Searrs. Miyu has likely always been the guardian of Alyssa's decendants just as she was Alyssa's guardian. Considering how much Mimi looks like Alyssa, I would like to see how she appeared to Miyu.
If it were true, I wonder how it would affect this whole who is the real queen contest between the three of them? I think Mimi is just a reused character design, although since she's shown up in some of the more recent episodes this may point to a larger role for her to play in the story.

Oh and I put my vote down for Arika since she has the most evidence backing her up right now.
Old 2006-02-14, 03:46   Link #255
Eclipze

Quote:
As of now, there is no solid information that indicates there being a direct link between Mai-Otome and Mai Hime, with the exception of M.I.Y.U. Hence the idea of Alyssa being Arika's ancestor is even more far fetch than the assumption of Arika being a "special" being (read: something to the context of a newtype in gundam series), the queen or Rena's daughter. Unless you are refering to the Searrs foundations being the people who created Arika, and hence a "decendent".

Of course, Im not saying its impossible, but too farfetched in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMon10A
If it were true, I wonder how it would affect this whole who is the real queen contest between the three of them? I think Mimi is just a reused character design, although since she's shown up in some of the more recent episodes this may point to a larger role for her to play in the story.

Oh and I put my vote down for Arika since she has the most evidence backing her up right now.
Actually, I do believe Mimi has a large role to play, her appearence with Mashiro in the new OP with Aswad should be a good-enough indication.
Old 2006-02-14, 10:28   Link #256
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
As of now, there is no solid information that indicates there being a direct link between Mai-Otome and Mai Hime, with the exception of M.I.Y.U. Hence the idea of Alyssa being Arika's ancestor is even more far fetch than the assumption of Arika being a "special" being (read: something to the context of a newtype in gundam series), the queen or Rena's daughter. Unless you are refering to the Searrs foundations being the people who created Arika, and hence a "decendent".
I would consider the possibility of Arika being some type of specially created being like Alyssa was in Mai HiME to be as being much more far fetched. We have even less evidence to show that they have any knowledge of DNA and cloning than we have of possible Mai HiME and Mai Otome connections.

Old 2006-02-14, 10:49   Link #257
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I would consider the possibility of Arika being some type of specially created being like Alyssa was in Mai HiME to be as being much more far fetched. We have even less evidence to show that they have any knowledge of DNA and cloning than we have of possible Mai HiME and Mai Otome connections.
Who's they?

Gardrobe? The civilian population? Aswarld? Shwatz?

Or M.I.Y.U.?
Each such party has their own level of scientific expertise, so to claim DNA testing and all technology associated with it is non-existent just because most people don't know ,is pushing it.

We know that there is no general knowledge of DNA. But there is no need for cloning to be well known in order to have ONE genetically modified individual. It is practically a fact that technological development is horribly uneven across their planet, and as such to have "special" situations is not beyond possibilities.

Anyway, there is yet to be any other way to explain why Miyu sees Arika with golden hair.
Old 2006-02-14, 11:36   Link #258
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
As Nagi said, whoever controls the queen rules the world...whatever that's suppose to mean.

Not to mention that their reusing ideas and such from Mai Hime which also includes the equipment. Therefore, like VCV said, there are other ways to explain it. The writers could simply be reusing the golden hair to show that Arika is special and that there's more to her than meets the eye.
Old 2006-02-14, 12:52   Link #259
PastPrime

I'm afraid that we will just have to disagree on the reason Miyu sees Arika's hair as golden. It is possible that we are all wrong. On another point, what do you think of the possibility that Miyu was at the castle 14 years ago and helped evacuate the babies. Their safety seemed to be the primary concern, so evacuating the babies would be more important than fighting the attackers. Especially since the odds were in the attackers' favor.

Old 2006-02-14, 13:16   Link #260
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Actually I could care less about all those other things and how Miyu sees Arika. I'm more concerned with what Miyu has been doing this whole time.

I mean all we've seen her do is jump here, there, then she visits Arika when the Harmonium was activated before running off. Is she looking for something?
Closed Thread