AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the true Queen?
Mashiro 36 18.18%
Arika 87 43.94%
Nina 51 25.76%
All of them 10 5.05%
None of them 14 7.07%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-30, 14:35   Link #101
BlackWidow

I think Arika is the real princess because :

1) the jewl. Sergay and Nutsuki thinks she is the real princess at the moment they saw the jewl (episode 1).
2) the song she sang (episode 3).
3) Miyu sees her with a golden hair, treats her as princess, and treat Mashiro as trush (episode 8, that you all forgot about).

my thoughts :
she could be the daugther of Rena and the king (maybe the queen couldn't have children).
I thing that if there was more then one princess, Sergay and all the others would have known that and wouldn't focus only on Arika.
I haven't seen any clue supporting the theory that Nina is related...
the guy who brought Mashiro could have done that in order to protect Arika (the real princess)...

what's up with Nagi saying "go find the real princess, since whoever finds her will rule the world" ? (episode 12)
Old 2005-12-30, 15:56   Link #102
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
she could be the daugther of Rena and the king (maybe the queen couldn't have children).
But if the king was not married to Rena there is no way Arika would be the princess, she would be just an illegitimate daughter of the king.
Old 2005-12-30, 16:10   Link #103
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Ok, first of all, Arika's Jewel, the Souten no Seigyoku, links her not to the queen of Windbloom, but the the queen/king's Otome, Rena.
We have no proof that the 'missing girl' Natsuki and Shizuru are talking about in episode 1 is the princess; they could very well be talking about Rena's missing daughter, and be satisfied with Mashiro as a stand-in. Thus, their surprise would be linked to Finally finding someone who might be Rena's long-lost daughter.
(That is, off my memory; I'm not at home right now so I can't check)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow
3) Miyu sees her with a golden hair, treats her as princess, and treats Mashiro as trash (episode 8, that you all forgot about).
Corrected you, and while the glowing hair thing ties in to my (lightly farfetched) theory about Arika being a descendant of MH's Alyssa and Miyu being the same from MH, her treating Mashiro like trash doesn't mean much; Miyu respects and protects Arika, and only Arika (for her own reasons, which aren't necessarily connected to Arika being the princess), and thus when Mashiro was less-than-polite with Arika, of course Miyu threatened her.

I still say it's Nina, if only for the Flashback in epsiode 6. WHY would a girl from Altai see Rena (we had photographic proof that it's her before the hacking; the bangs fit perfectly) when she was a baby? Never mind Rena looking distraught.
It could also be Mashiro, in a very red herring kind of way.

Let's remember Sunrise like their red herrings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow
what's up with Nagi saying "go find the real princess, since whoever finds her will rule the world" ? (episode 12)
No idea, but willing to bet it's something about the Harmonium.
Old 2005-12-30, 16:46   Link #104
BlackWidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
I still say it's Nina, if only for the Flashback in epsiode 6.
then how do you explain that Arika have the jewel ?

in episode 2, Natsuki and Shizuru suggesting that Arika is the real princess.
in episode 11, when Sergay look at the dairy he say "the real princess, is it ?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
But if the king was not married to Rena there is no way Arika would be the princess, she would be just an illegitimate daughter of the king.
still, if she is the only child, she is the legal heir...
another possiblity is that Rena is the king and queen only child and Arika is Rena daughter...
Old 2005-12-30, 16:49   Link #105
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
then how do you explain that Arika have the jewel ?
Easy: Rena ran out with two babies, and left both in different streams; Nina was first since she's the future queen (or was supposed to), and her stream led north to Altai, but somehow the person who was supposed to fetch her failed and she wound up on the streets, and the one we see in episode 1 is Arika, who WAS caught and raised properly.

The point is; Arika has Rena's eyes and face. That's kinda hard to explain if she isn't her daughter
Old 2005-12-30, 16:51   Link #106
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
still, if she is the only child, she is the legal heir...
Any of the king's relatives would be chosen rather than an illegitimate child, at least that's how the RL hereditary monarchies work. And even if we assume there are no living relatives, it's weird that no one had mentioned that Mashiro (who most peopel think is the princess) is supposed to be Rena's daughter or illegitimate, or both. The same goes for her being the king's grandchild.
Old 2005-12-30, 17:20   Link #107
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

I finally voted, because I came up with this:

1. Akira: The child send from the Black Vellagethat that will kill all Otomes
2. Nina: The really queen
3. Mashiro: Rina's child
Old 2005-12-30, 18:00   Link #108
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I've thought a bit more about it. To be honest I'm sort of hoping it's not something as blatant as Arika turns out to be the sole true heir. It would be nice they tried to surprise us. Maybe make all three the heir. Or heck maybe the heir should be someone besides the three female leads. That would really be twisted. *Tries to imagine Mikoto as the Queen*
Old 2005-12-30, 18:34   Link #109
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
*Tries to imagine Mikoto as the Queen*
"Welcome to Nyarna, the kingdom formerly known as Windbloom before her Almighty Queen Mikoto's rise to the throne; please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times, and be on the lookout for the giant cat statues, they like to swat at the cars and eat them. Please don't be afraid, we haven't lost one costumer all--- er... day. Or at least in the last 6 hours.
"If you look at your left, you will see the endless fields of Tokiha mushrooms. And if you look right, you will ALSO see MORE mushrooms; Queen Mikoto eats well over 15 tons of these mushrooms every day; in the horizon, you can see the few remaining buildings; they will be destroyed next year to make room for more fields.
"Now, if you keep looking, you will see Garderobe, the Otome school; it's the only place in the kingdom where Tokiha mushrooms are strictly forbidden, as the last time they cooked Tokiha soup there, Queen Mikoto tried to enter the school and broke the front gates; their ten meters of diameter were insufficient to allow the queen inside--oh, look, here is one of the statues now, and it's---"
*SCRACK! "Kyaaaah!" CRUNCH! Chomp Chomp Chomp...*

....eh... Queen Mikoto is a scary thought.
Old 2005-12-30, 18:45   Link #110
Befgrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
in episode 2, Natsuki and Shizuru suggesting that Arika is the real princess.
in episode 11, when Sergay look at the dairy he say "the real princess, is it ?".
That "the real princess, is it?"-line was very evil of sunrise to put in, because he could be refering to either Nina or Arika... or Mashiro. He could also be talking about Nina in a 'my daughter is a my own little princess-way'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnseiSong
1. Akira: The child send from the Black Vellagethat that will kill all Otomes
*cough* Yeah, I also had a similar theory about Arika... Seeing how she almost seems to be "created" in a similar way to Alyssa from MH... with the compatabilty to nanomachines and the glowing hair-thing. But I scrapped that thoery because it doesn't make sense with Midori ordering her execution in ep. 10 (or was it 9?)

Last edited by Befgrek; 2005-12-31 at 07:17.
Old 2005-12-30, 21:08   Link #111
USCPharmacist

Or that Arika is the reincarnation of the Obsidian Lord himself, I meant what better way to hide yourself ehehheh
Old 2005-12-30, 22:21   Link #112
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Or that Arika is the reincarnation of the Obsidian Lord himself, I meant what better way to hide yourself ehehheh
I got another idea, Nina is Rena's daughter, Arika is the missing princes and Mashiro is Fumi's clone. They do share the same va and Mashiro is what Fumi's gem stone is call.
Old 2005-12-30, 22:41   Link #113
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I got another idea, Nina is Rena's daughter, Arika is the missing princes and Mashiro is Fumi's clone. They do share the same va and Mashiro is what Fumi's gem stone is call.

? Rena is a Queen...so it is obvious arika should be rena's daughter not nina.

However, nina might be blood related cuz speculation says that she was also one of the inhabitant of the castle 14 years ago.
Old 2005-12-30, 22:43   Link #114
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
? Rena is a Queen...so it is obvious arika should be rena's daughter not nina.

However, nina might be blood related cuz speculation says that she was also one of the inhabitant of the castle 14 years ago.
Where did you get Rena is a Queen?

The only things confirm about Rena is:

1. She was the Otome
2. She retire, had a child and lost her powers.

it has never been confirm that Rena was royalty of any type. Lots of speculation but no real hard facts.
Old 2005-12-30, 22:46   Link #115
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Where did you get Rena is a Queen?

The only things confirm about Rena is:

1. She was the Otome
2. She retire, had a child and lost her powers.

it has never been confirm that Rena was royalty of any type. Lots of speculation but no real hard facts.

I am aware of that as speculation but why did natsuki and sergay have doubts on mashiro as the true queen after seeing arika's blue gems?
Old 2005-12-30, 22:49   Link #116
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
I am aware of that as speculation but why did natsuki and sergay have doubts on mashiro as the true queen after seeing arika's blue gems?
They always had doubts. Rumors of Mashiro not being the true Princess didn't start when Arika arrive, it start almost as soon as Mashiro was pronouce as the princess as the only evidence being the Minster's saying so and the Kidnappers confession all highly suspect. Especially since the kidnapper died very soon after his confession.
Old 2005-12-30, 22:55   Link #117
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
They always had doubts. Rumors of Mashiro not being the true Princess didn't start when Arika arrive, it start almost as soon as Mashiro was pronouce as the princess as the only evidence being the Minster's saying so and the Kidnappers confession all highly suspect. Especially since the kidnapper died very soon after his confession.

But the doubt became much more serious when they saw arika's gem.
So they might know something about her background.
Old 2005-12-31, 00:44   Link #118
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

If Rena was royalty, it would not be a secret. After all, she got her own portrait in the palace. If she was royalty we would hear about it by now.
Old 2005-12-31, 02:16   Link #119
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Here would be an interesting twist. What if in fact there is no true heir? In other words say the King and Queen couldn't have any children. However Rena herself has a child and they decide to pretend the child is the heir. I know it's a bit far fetched, but it would be an interesting twist.
Old 2005-12-31, 03:46   Link #120
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
If Rena was royalty, it would not be a secret. After all, she got her own portrait in the palace. If she was royalty we would hear about it by now.
Agreed. I think its safe to assume that Rena is not and was not queen.

Um... signature image in progress.
Closed Thread