AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2006-04-05, 15:05   Link #281
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

I personally don't see what everyone's complaining about. It seems pretty entertaining, and I'm looking forward to the next ep. And seems that there's no harem \o/ The English was indeed cringe-worthy, and the CG completely flopped, incidentally.

Now I need to spend a few days translating 10 lines of the game :/
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 15:24   Link #282
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

peoples complaining because they had unfairly high expetations after shuffles hit ... and for some of them because it aren't a harem (when looking at that the couples more or less allready is set in stone)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 15:26   Link #283
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I'm sorry but for your info I for one did not even watch a single ep of Shuffle nor do I actually like the harem cliche.
Old 2006-04-05, 15:28   Link #284
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen
peoples complaining because they had unfairly high expetations after shuffles hit ... and for some of them because it aren't a harem (when looking at that the couples more or less allready is set in stone)
I enjoyed it more than Shuffle!. The story just seems to be more interesting than: 'Here are two girls who have loved you for X years, the maid girl, the spunky girl, and the loli girl. Choose.' And space is cool Of course, it's probably going to go down the pan and I'll be left eating my words Actually, this show reminds me a bit of that (bad bad) H game Critical Point. *Shudders*

Now if they'd only animate Tick! Tack!. That I'd pay to see.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 15:53   Link #285
Aznhobo

first episode was quite nice, introduced a bunch of characters and that little boy was kinda funny, althoguh so perverse
Old 2006-04-05, 15:53   Link #286
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh... and many of us actually had lower expectations for Soul Link because we thought Shuffle! crashed and burned at the end (no, not because of who was chosen but the lame writing from ep 21 on was a disservice to the characters). Navel's writing staff is pretty much on my probation list (at least until we find out the staff writer and the overall story editor responsible for the closure of the Kaede arc and the Asa+closing arc so we can shun them personally).
Old 2006-04-05, 15:53   Link #287
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
I enjoyed it more than Shuffle!. The story just seems to be more interesting than: 'Here are two girls who have loved you for X years, the maid girl, the spunky girl, and the loli girl. Choose.' And space is cool Of course, it's probably going to go down the pan and I'll be left eating my words Actually, this show reminds me a bit of that (bad bad) H game Critical Point. *Shudders*.
LOL! What's even funnier is you could remove the Shuffle part and still describe about three to four shows every season!
Cookies for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
Now if they'd only animate Tick! Tack!. That I'd pay to see.
According to my eight year old, time travel is always cool.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Navel's writing staff is pretty much on my probation list (at least until we find out the staff writer and the overall story editor responsible for the closure of the Kaede arc and the Asa+closing arc so we can shun them personally).
A little off-topic, but does Navel actually have anything to do with the animes based on their properties? Is that common in this industry? It is uncommon for an original creator to have any say on an adaptation unless it were specifically written into their contract (and it's usually not) in the US.
Old 2006-04-05, 16:09   Link #288
Cyz
"Show it to me"

the first ep is finally out. now let's see if it can be as good as shuffle
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 16:16   Link #289
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I kind of fault Navel because they created the lame notion of Asa's reasoning within the game (not going to rehash it) ... but aye.... I should substitute "Navel" out for "Lantis" (?) for the animation staff writers for the series final arc.
Old 2006-04-05, 16:43   Link #290
Furudanuki

Watched the first episode of Soul Link this morning. I didn't see anything that impressed me very much, but there also wasn't anything that made me want to ditch the series immediately. So at the moment I'm inclined to give the show a chance and check out the next episode. I was at least moderately pleased to see that Sayaka appears to be playing a major role: when the first character pictures for the series came out some time ago she caught my attention due to her strong resemblence to a certain little demoness I'm rather fond of. Sadly, the personalities do not seem to be very similar. But if she is the class representative she must have at least some smarts going for her.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 16:56   Link #291
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I kind of fault Navel because they created the lame notion of Asa's reasoning within the game (not going to rehash it) ... but aye.... I should substitute "Navel" out for "Lantis" (?) for the animation staff writers for the series final arc.
Some people might think Shuffle! had a bad ending, i found it to be the right ending for the series.. but really it has nothing to do with Soul Link - people might not like SL, some people might love it.. but i don't think it all depends on how Shuffle! ended.
Old 2006-04-05, 17:04   Link #292
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Finally, the first episode! Now that was really about time!
Three cheers for stuff like the skirt flipping and the shower scene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
5.) Main character totally idiotic and spineless. This has been the most loser harem lead I've seen in a long time. Totally leaves bad taste in my mouth.
Idiotic and spineless? I take it you haven't seen Shuffle then
Can't get possibly any worse than Shuffle's Rin in this regards. The only time Rin shows a little spine is at the very end, but they undo it!
They really should've left him that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Some people might think Shuffle! had a bad ending, i found it to be the right ending for the series.. but really it has nothing to do with Soul Link - people might not like SL, some people might love it.. but i don't think it all depends on how Shuffle! ended.
The Shuffle! ending sucked terribly (what a awfully pitiful ending for an otherwise nice series), so I don't think it will be able to shock me much anymore, even if it should be bad...
Old 2006-04-05, 17:17   Link #293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I should clarify I had no actual problem with the Asa ending other than the lamely done reset in the last 10 minutes. I did have a problem with the *quality* of writing for the Asa-Rin thread and the lame way they shut down the Kaede thread. Each arc had a set of writers and whomever got the assignment for Asa, imo, can't write his way out of a cellophane bag. If that person (or the writer-in-chief who let it get out of hand) is involved with Soul Link, I'd say pray for it.. ((I will say the Ama-Kings resolution damn near saved the whole thing though...))
Old 2006-04-05, 17:32   Link #294
molitar

Well just watched the first episode. I'm not really surprised by Nao-san's carefree attitude and how she is training to be a nurse that she took the kids prank so lightly. Now Sayaka-chan's attitude was normal for her too. With Nao-san training to be a nurse and so carefree if she would of screamed or shouted it would of been so out of character with her.

Well after the first show I can't wait to see how the second show turns out it is quite enteraining for me and so far I'm actualy surprised it isn't more ecchi fest since it's based on an H-Game in the first place. But very entertaining and can't wait to see more.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 21:18   Link #295
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Ah yes, its funny how this show has shitier animation compare to most of the shows out this season. I sware I saw Susuka there for a minute.

And I just cant help laughing at this frame.

Susuka had a good plot, lets hope this dose also so I can overlook the animation.
Its bishoujo anime, so i'm giving it a go.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 02:21   Link #296
Shounen
Away for good

Soul Link is back!

now make us an forum for that!
so we can remake or fangirls groups

Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 03:02   Link #297
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
*ahem*
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26930

So far, not enough people are watching it to warrant a separate forum, IMO.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 03:06   Link #298
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

hmm ... just saw AnimeU's sub

imo AnimeU and Yesys is rather equal subs but none of them is brillient

Yesy does better with the Karoke and the more informal speech, and they have kept all the profix's (-sama etc) a problem is that their translation imo is a bit whoopy from times to times

AnimeU have the egde with a better translation of the formal speech and in general what i believe is a more 'right' translation ... a problem with AnimeU is that they doesn't use all the profixes and thier Karoke have a slight problem in timing and that the karoke sometimes conflicts with the rest of the text on the screen

so ... they each get a 7/10 from me ... if you took the best from each i would say that it was near perfect
Old 2006-04-06, 03:10   Link #299
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

there is what 275 posts there after ep 1 ... ... kashimashi had 445 just around when ep 3 was subbed and it got a forum

and if you take all the soul link posts around here scattered around in the shuffle forum we can easily get 150-200 more posts to Soul link, managing to hit ~450 after ep one ... with the posts kashimashi had when it got the forum that should be enough

Last edited by Sian; 2006-04-06 at 03:24.
Old 2006-04-06, 03:20   Link #300
Clarste
Human

I agree with the assessment that this show is just sort of bland. Unnecessary (and badly done) fanservice, boring character interactions, mediocre art, etc. I had no idea what this was when I downloaded it, so it's not like I was dissappointed or anything, it just has nothing appealing about it.

On the other hand, this was definitely a setup episode, so it's entirely possible that it's going to become more interesting in the future. I'll probably watch the next episode, at least, but I'm not expecting much.

Last edited by Clarste; 2006-04-06 at 05:01.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, drama, navel, romance, science fiction