AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-01, 01:07   Link #401
Whitesparkles

WOW Cagalli beat Lacus for the first time O.O but Lacus is till the best heheh..........
Whitesparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 01:50   Link #402
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
You all know me and what I have to say. But I'll say it anyway :

WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The Newtype polls have finally smartened up and passed the fanboy/girl stage. Now for the others to follow suit...
Old 2006-09-01, 01:52   Link #403
anselfir
Style Über Alles

lol you seriously think that this surging support for a new series is not fueled by fanboy/girls?
Old 2006-09-01, 01:55   Link #404
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The Newtype polls have finally smartened up and passed the fanboy/girl stage. Now for the others to follow suit...
How predictable.

Anyway, it's kind of ironic you're saying it went past fanboy/girl stage. Because it went into a worse stage, as in Haruhist fanboy/girl stage.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 01:55   Link #405
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

ansel: Seeing as how TMoSH is much more deserving of the #1 slot that GSD imo, I certainly think the voters are being less fanboy-girl-ish.

Nightengale: Refer to above. And why do you think I said "you all know what I have to say"? Plus, I prefer TMoSH fanboys/girls to GSD fanboys/girls. S-F making #1 on that previous mecha poll? That shows exactly how bad the GSD fanboy/girl-ism is. >.>
Old 2006-09-01, 02:05   Link #406
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Anyway, it's kind of ironic you're saying it went past fanboy/girl stage. Because it went into a worse stage, as in Haruhist fanboy/girl stage.
If by 'worse' you mean 'more', then Haruhist is enough.

Haruhism is above normal fanboyism.

But they know I'm more serious than that, for I'm an absolute zealot, a martyr that's ready to die for Haruhiism.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 02:07   Link #407
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Nightengale: Refer to above. And why do you think I said "you all know what I have to say" if what I was going to say wasn't predictable?
I told myself when I saw that poll "Damn, now Shinji is going to get all orgasmic within 2 hours and say WHEEEEEE with it's EEE extended till who knows how long with a Love Smiley followed by some comments on how the fans has smartened up."

I didn't expect a 95% accuracy, even when 99% of everyone who post here regularly knows what you will say in this situation.

Well, it saddens my inner fanboyism that Kira is dethroned, but meh, like I care how others percieve Kira.

But Suzumiya is above Kyon in cross-gender polls. DAMN.
Old 2006-09-01, 02:10   Link #408
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Nightengale: Is there a point that you're trying to make? I deeply and strongly support the Newtype poll rulling. I wished to convey this through my favorite means of showing happiness that I use on forums, regardless of predictability.

The dethroning of GSD would have made my day, (almost) no matter what series did the dethroning. If we were talking about the first part of GSD, then I wouldn't be happy as the first 12 episodes of GSD were top-quality anime, but GSD as a series overall just isn't the #1 quality material that its fans proclaimed it to be by a long shot. The dethroning being done by TMoSH, which is far better than GSD imo, makes it all the more better.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
Old 2006-09-01, 02:12   Link #409
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

well, it probably wouldnt last very long, once GSD SE4 is shown (new goodies and fanservices), and SEED movie X_X

and im gonna check out this haruhi thing....something that beats the fanbase of GSD deserves some checkin' up :P
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 02:17   Link #410
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
well, it probably wouldnt last very long, once GSD SE4 is shown (new goodies and fanservices), and SEED movie X_X
Very true. I just hope that it's well done so that it actually deserves its soon-to-be-number-one ranking.

Quote:
and im gonna check out this haruhi thing....something that beats the fanbase of GSD deserves some checkin' up :P
A little : Don't go into TMoSH with overly-high expectations. Keep your expectations normal, because you may find it not as much the hype just because your personal tastes aren't the same as everyone else's. Myself for example, I don't find it as big as all the hype makes the show out to be, but it's certainly deserving of high praise.
Old 2006-09-01, 02:17   Link #411
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Is there a point that you're trying to make?
Err.... You need to be less predictable?

Seriously though, putting aside series that reeks of Haruhism/SEEDism, I can't help but shake the feeling that this particular magazine polls target specific audiences with specific tastes. And Lacus being beaten so badly by all 3 of the quadplets is surprising, especially considering how Lacus used to top even Kira.

[fanboyism]Saiunkoku Monogatari deserves top spot in the polls. Hell, it deserves to be in the poll.[/fanboyism]

Quote:
Shinji QFT on the not as big as hype.

Rule #27 : When going into any anime in particular, turn a blind eye to those who overblow the quality of the anime into ridiculous porpotions.
Old 2006-09-01, 02:22   Link #412
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Err.... You need to be less predictable?

Quote:
Seriously though, putting aside series that reeks of Haruhism/SEEDism, I can't help but shake the feeling that this particular magazine polls target specific audiences with specific tastes. And Lacus being beaten so badly by all 3 of the quadplets is surprising, especially considering how Lacus used to top even Kira.
Well, Ruri Hoshino fan-ism died out too. lol

Quote:
[fanboyism]Saiunkoku Monogatari deserves top spot in the polls. Hell, it deserves to be in the poll.[/fanboyism]
What's that? No seriously, it rings a bell, but I can't remember it. Anything anybody (well, almost anybody) says belongs in top polls I like to take a look at. I have very general taste so I like to watch a wide variety of anime. lol
Old 2006-09-01, 02:23   Link #413
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Don't go into TMoSH with overly-high expectations. Keep your expectations normal, because you may find it not as much the hype just because your personal tastes aren't the same as everyone else's. Myself for example, I don't find it as big as all the hype makes the show out to be, but it's certainly deserving of high praise.
well, thanks for that, hopefully its not like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist, which IMHO, hype >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> actual show.
Old 2006-09-01, 02:26   Link #414
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, to reach the amount of hype, you must read the novels.

You could just go read the novels instead and skip the anime, but of course I recommend the anime as well.

The novels are better than the anime.

Just check the novels translation thread in the Haruhi sub forum.

Old 2006-09-01, 02:28   Link #415
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
well, thanks for that, hopefully its not like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist, which IMHO, hype >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> actual show.
Oh well, don't worry about it then, it's actually approximately only hype >> actual show.

Now we better get back on-topic before MrPaper shows up. XD
Old 2006-09-01, 02:30   Link #416
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
AlthoughI found that most people who hate the show merely takes their anime too seriously, doesn't care for the humor in the Haruhi / Mikuru relationship/treatment (you'll see when you watch the show ), and other such stuff.

Now we better get back on-topic before MrPaper shows up. XD
Wait, one more post before it goes back on topic:

That is just weird, because those who take the show seriously, the Haruhists, don't watch the show for the comedy. Its exactly because people think that the show is just a random comedy that they think the show is pointless.

Old 2006-09-01, 02:34   Link #417
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

sometimes I feel like watching GSD for random comedy...
Old 2006-09-01, 02:36   Link #418
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
sometimes I feel like watching GSD for random comedy...
Well, if I rephrase my post:
Quote:
That is just weird, because those who take the show seriously, the Haruhists, don't watch the show just for the comedy.
You can enjoy the comedy, but if you don't understand the story it has, its pointless.

The story is the best part of the show.

EDIT: Feel free to visit the Haruhi General thread or Q & A thread in the Haruhi subforum for questions.

Old 2006-09-01, 02:50   Link #419
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

thanks for that, maybe ill check it out sometime...

anyways, im surprised Sven isnt on any lists. He is simply the best new badass in the SEED corner, along with his MS.
Old 2006-09-01, 02:52   Link #420
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
ansel: Seeing as how TMoSH is much more deserving of the #1 slot that GSD imo, I certainly think the voters are being less fanboy-girl-ish.
well, for a more meaningful discussion the task should be analysing "the tendencies of fanboi/girlism" rather than the neutrality-disputed quality of the series, although this is just for convenience since after all the fans respond to the show.

Now, assuming the anime watching people stay roughly coherent(unless a great many of them suddenly developed enlightened appreciation), and that fanboi/girlists are the greatest segment of the voting population (especially in a fanbase that is in flux), the great poll numbers are more indicative of a demographic composition. To say that a certain fanbase is less fanboy-girl-ish is not that accurate as long as the aforementioned conditions hold.