AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2005-12-26, 20:09   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Ball Joint Dolls [Was: Super Dollfie]

There was a thread about dolls on the forum before, one of which revolved around the possibility of finding a Shinku doll (thanks lwl12 ). So, as I have a request relating to the old thread, I figure a new Super Dollfie thread would be good idea ~

To start off this revival, I have some interesting news for fellow Shinku Doll fans! MakubeX2 first showed us a screen shot from the Volks DollPa 14 site suggesting that an official Shinku doll was or would be available. Maybe only at Doll Pa 14 I thought and maybe only limited edition... Sadly the page went down shortly after so I couldn't be sure. Although her name wasn't taken off the page so there was still hope. Since then I've been checking the site from time to time. A week or so ago the link came back! Although it took a while for the page to follow, I kept getting 404s , it too has come back (just checked it today). Yes you did read correctly, the Shinku Dollfie is back... ::dances::

OK... fanboy-ing over, now my point and question... Following the links on that page and looking around a bit I see the Shinku Dollfie for sale. Yup, it would appear I could have bought it online! The only snag with this is that she appears to be sold out! Can anyone do better than google's language tools and help me work out A) if I can still buy a Shinku Doll or if she was limited edition and B) if I can, how I go about doing it now she is sold out!

::bows::
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 20:32   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Yeah she is one costly doll, even by regular SD standards. And SD is a very expensive hobby! Just look at some of the other prices on the main site. Call me mad or foolish but I would actually pay £500-600 for the official Shinku SD... if nothing else I know it will be very high quality and for me it would be worth it to have Shinku sitting on the side board / bookcase.
Old 2005-12-26, 22:40   Link #3
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

The first Yahoo seller is willing to sell to overseas bidders, so you still have a chance.

Alternatively, you can wait for the Doll Party 14 After Event, which will be held on Jan 21-22. According to Volk's advertisement on the Dengeki Hobby, the Shinku SD will be available through Volk's retail shops in Japan or through their web site.

Good luck
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 23:34   Link #4
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:40.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 02:59   Link #5
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

I'm also a SD fan, who I still have not gotten the guts to come outside and start adopting one as my own yet. But should they ever release a Suigintou or a Suiseiseki & Souseiseki SD, I am willing to contemplate.

Although, I did reserve the Suigintou doll shown here: http://animage.simpleplan.jp/item012.html
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 21:38   Link #6
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I'm also a SD fan, who I still have not gotten the guts to come outside and start adopting one as my own yet.
That reminds me of how embrassing I felt when I entered a doll shop to order my SD a few years ago.........

Just out of curiousity, is SD popular among Japanese's non-ACG (anime/comic/game) population or is it considered to be a niched product?
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 00:28   Link #7
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani
That reminds me of how embrassing I felt when I entered a doll shop to order my SD a few years ago.........

Just out of curiousity, is SD popular among Japanese's non-ACG (anime/comic/game) population or is it considered to be a niched product?
It's as niche as you can get. Which means small amount of people are willing to shell out huge wads of cash.
Old 2005-12-30, 16:14   Link #8
Mumoto

Moko-chan doll

Hey I really want a Moko-chan (www.mamachapp.com) but the only place where it's buyable seems to be that store, isn't there another shop that sells it worldwide?

Mumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 04:13   Link #9
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumoto
Hey I really want a Moko-chan (www.mamachapp.com) but the only place where it's buyable seems to be that store, isn't there another shop that sells it worldwide?

I don't know about mamachapp, but Volks did open a store somewhere in Los Angeles - you might want to ask them?
Old 2005-12-31, 09:02   Link #10
Mumoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I don't know about mamachapp, but Volks did open a store somewhere in Los Angeles - you might want to ask them?
Volks .... they seem to have only that kind of dolls you see lol

Last edited by Mumoto; 2005-12-31 at 09:43.
Old 2005-12-31, 09:57   Link #11
Allestra

Lightbulb

Hello, I saw this thread and I thought I would reply to it

The dollfie in question was extremely limited and extremely expensive. However she may be re released at future dollpas , alternatively look for her on the Y!J secondary market, but be aware she will be astro dollars, moreso that what she would of sold for from Volks.

I myself own 5 dolls of this type, love them to death. Though I have owned a doll from Volks, I've come to prefer the dolls created by the korean sculptors.

Maybe you could buy a doll who looks similar to shinku and buy her the dress and whatnot. There are a suprising amount of clothing customizers out there that could make a gorgeous outfit for her.

here are just three of the dolls that I own. all purchased from www.eluts.com which is the korean dollmaker's english website.(with the exception of the second which is a volks doll)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...Alex-Angel.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...an/Kaz-001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...an/Senias4.jpg

I am a bit hesitant to share all of this because well, these are not really dolls that are for kids, well not in my eyes. (not saying that you are a kid, but there are alot of them that browse these forums I am sure)They are very expensive, and anatomically correct. Not sure you'd want children playing with these.

But anyhow also...if you are really interested in this doll fandom, there is a great group of people in a forum over at http://denofangels.com/forums/

tons of owners there, that can help with any questions you might have about anything to do with these dolls, also info about the Los Angeles shop, and the tons of different companies that make these type of dolls, called BJD's (ball jointed dolls) All we ask is an open mind, friendliness and willing to read rules and search faq's before asking your questions to be sure they were not already asked.

If you should decide to stop over, please feel free to look me up, I am Allestra there as well Or heck ask me any questions you like, I've owned these dolls now for about two years and i think i could be of some assistance

By the way, with a long blonde wig of ringlets and a pretty little red dress and bonnet, this girl would make a gorgeous Shinku, don't you think?

http://www.eluts.com/frontstore/Item...atalog_num=121

I hope I helped in some way. feel free to mail me if you like. allestra at gmail dot com
Allestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:13   Link #12
Mumoto

any news about Moko-chan? :P

I am not going to pay 500 bucks for it or something btw ;o

Oh yeah can't go to Volks shop ... don't live in the US anyways

Last edited by Mumoto; 2006-01-11 at 07:41.
Old 2006-01-11, 14:25   Link #13
qwerty1092
hamster on prozac

heh.... i just spent an hour or soo just looking at those dolls...

so pretty.
only thing is i'd rather buy an electric guitar...
but still i would love to own one.
qwerty1092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 17:44   Link #14
Veronica
Étoile-sama

Allestra your boys are gorgeous!
I have a Lishe *makes proud face* and am about to adopt a new one.. still not sure who tho.
Isabella:

PS: sorry, this is an old thread but couldn´t resist the temptation to show off my girl t.t"
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 08:41   Link #15
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Very nice Veronica, do you make the clothes yourself or are you more of a collector?
Old 2007-03-02, 17:09   Link #16
Veronica
Étoile-sama

Thank you NightWish, I did that dress myself *makes proud face*

Just because.. a new picture ^^

Will try to make one with her other pretty lolita dress soon

Last edited by Veronica; 2007-03-02 at 17:12. Reason: added picture
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 02:45   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

My knowledge on Shinku Dolls was zilch before I read this thread . Very informative I had heard the word Shinku but couldnt associate it . The dolls are in deed very pretty wish I had the cash to start collecting . Just loooking at Veronica's pics make you wanna want one
Old 2007-12-15, 11:09   Link #18
jimmayor007

Ball Jointed Doll - Anime Volks

Does anyone here collect these dolls? The Volks limited edition dolls.

Like the ones found here
jimmayor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 10:49   Link #19
umeboshi_onigiri

Volks Dollfie Dream Dolls

I finally gave in and got myself a Volks Dollfie Dream on Yahoo (posable vinyl doll, size about 58 cm/23 inches). I have a small collection of figures, but I have not been that interested in dolls until I saw Saber. At first I considered the regular one, but then I did fall in love with Saber Alter in her Gothic Lolita dress.

Next up from Volks is Gurren Lagann girls, but it is not known yet what they will look like.
umeboshi_onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 18:54   Link #20
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I've been wanting a dollfie for myself for god know how long...and since I am already a figure collector, I think this would just be one step up from it...

But dear god the prices and rarity (especially specific anime character dollfies) of some of these are over the top...

So I am in no rush to get one yet, but one of these days

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote