AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-13, 04:42   Link #21
Dorfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Actually Dorfl you can bet that Village Idiot has read the scan which is out something like 4h ago (ie 1h max after that Weekly Shounen Jump was out )
And here I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt too. My faith in human beings is shattered.
Old 2003-12-13, 05:26   Link #22
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
you guys dont remember, it took two level 2 sound nins to beat ONE jounin, and one of the jounins only had one arm, they arent mid level jounin, they're high level chuunin, LOW level, and i mean low level jounin at best, and they were beat exausted afterwards, they struggled hard two on one
yeah. right. chakra is no indication of being what level ninja.

They had to go to curse lvl 2. that does not mean they struggled. they said "that was annoying" or something like that.

not to mention that they still beat them down, with still enough chakra left for ONE of them to beat down ONE "mid level-jouinin" yeah. these sound nins arent just low level jounins.

you cant really base strength on 1 vs 1 fights. you cannot. that is what makes this series so appealing- someone cant say "oh my power level is higher than yours" and *blam* die.

the weak can win over the strong, if they try.

(naruto+neji)

I think that the curse seal does not help the user. it just eats away at it's body. and makes it easier for orochimaru to posess.
Old 2003-12-13, 07:55   Link #23
Jackl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
I think that the curse seal does not help the user. it just eats away at it's body. and makes it easier for orochimaru to posess.
Think of it as spirtual PCP, while it works you turn into an ultra strong near unstoppable monster. Afterwards you look something akin to a boxer who didn't retire when he was supposed to. Mental, emotional, physical damage galore.
Jackl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 11:35   Link #24
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
you guys dont remember, it took two level 2 sound nins to beat ONE jounin, and one of the jounins only had one arm, they arent mid level jounin, they're high level chuunin, LOW level, and i mean low level jounin at best, and they were beat exausted afterwards, they struggled hard two on one
First the two jounins have both their arms, then the Sound Nin were 4 against 2, that's right, but they destroyed 2 jounins without being wounded even slightly.

So high level chuunin? lol no way in hell.
It's obvious that without using their seal they're chuunin but with the curse level 2 they're jounin level.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 12:06   Link #25
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I liked this chapter but...hmmm It feels like it was lacking something....and it was predictable, but I liked it none the less.
Old 2003-12-13, 14:02   Link #26
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
I think it lacked English Translation. I read the raw.
Old 2003-12-13, 15:28   Link #27
Pendragon2879
The Incarnation of Chaos

Send a message via AIM to Pendragon2879
I think levels are no clear indication on who the victor will be. Like someone said, this is not dbz where the strongest is automatically the winner. Strategy and will are so big a factor in any battle that it is amazing. As much as I hate to admit it, if Sasuke becomes as powerful as a Jounin then he will be so much stronger. He is already considered a genious, but with more power he will be a more worthy adversary against Itachi. And I really hope that Neji is alive. He is now my favorite character next to Naruto.

"Sometimes there is nothing you can do." Neil Gaiman
Pendragon2879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 16:35   Link #28
reymysteriojr

Anyone get nervous when they showed rock lee at the beginning thinking the story would be put on hold and drift somewhere else? Any how. Good job neji. I just hope that kiba doesnt fight one on one next. Unless the orochimaru clan went out of power order cuz if kibo wins it might point to kibo being stronger i hope it is like a 2 on 1 or something. Luckme cool avatar what anime is it from? Hope shino comes to the battle soon. Maybe pass by choji and his dad takes his dead body back to the village to put all this choji case to rest. Which most ofus agree he's dead.
reymysteriojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 16:39   Link #29
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

will you knock it off with the levels, it's so dbz. in naruto levels are pointless. it's all about strategy and fighting intelligence. if you're strong but an idiot you'll get owned easily. granted there are some high level ninjas that are far superior to kids like naruto but spider semen wasn't so high above neji, with a little luck and some determination neji defeated him. spider semens problem was he under estimated neji and played around too much
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 17:00   Link #30
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by reymysteriojr
Anyone get nervous when they showed rock lee at the beginning thinking the story would be put on hold and drift somewhere else? Any how. Good job neji. I just hope that kiba doesnt fight one on one next. Unless the orochimaru clan went out of power order cuz if kibo wins it might point to kibo being stronger i hope it is like a 2 on 1 or something. Luckme cool avatar what anime is it from? Hope shino comes to the battle soon. Maybe pass by choji and his dad takes his dead body back to the village to put all this choji case to rest. Which most ofus agree he's dead.
his avatar is from Hajimme no Ippo
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 17:02   Link #31
reymysteriojr

bad bad bad posted twice sorry
Old 2003-12-13, 17:03   Link #32
reymysteriojr

As far choji is concerned i think shikamaru's silence is either set a trap to make us think hes dead and he "may" pop up or that he's confirming he's dead. What would be cool is before sasuke can be brought to orochimaru..itachi interfers. ..kidoumaru looks like a dog upside down in lvl 2 form. where is the pervert hermit anyway? Still hoping shino comes bopping along and gets to neji in time or tenten and help him back. Maybe even konohamaru..you know following naruto and since hes so small he cant keep up and stumbles onto neji. Maybe gets help (ROCK LEE!) or helps him back with his little brat pack. I forget where is kakashi... Is the other person in orochimaru's little offset group a girl? i thought they said something that it was a boy or whatnot like haku sort of...maybe if it is a girl and shikamru has to fight her ino will step in... STEP OFF...THATS MY MAN BITCH! -=snaps her fingers and takes her earrings off=-
Old 2003-12-13, 17:09   Link #33
reymysteriojr

just want to apologize i have no idea whats going on with the forum but its giving errors that its not here then it is. saying i posted it already so if it posted more then once i apologize. and i tried it on different browser and still gave me the same error it couldnt find the posts.
Old 2003-12-13, 17:23   Link #34
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Its very unlikely any Konoha ninja will bump into Choji / Neji, they are all out on missions, which is why this Genin troupe was made.

The only possibility is the two remaining Jounin who bumped into the sound nin just after leaving the village.

Its possible that Itachi could stop the inevitable Naruto / Sasuke fight and try to kidnap Naruto again, although I dont see Kishimoto using the same scene twice, nor Naruto being kidnapped.

Although..... Sasuke will be lvl.2 when he emerges, and could possibly fight (kill?) Itachi, which would be interesting, though I dont think he would have sufficient strength to defeat his brother yet.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

And yeah, the forum is cocking about with me too, reymysteriojr

EDIT: I reckon Choji is dead though. It would be a bit lame for him to survive, unless the aforementioned Jounin (one was a medical nin, remember) save him.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 17:25   Link #35
reymysteriojr

Not sure what translations everyone choose as far as fan subbed naruto manga is but according to orangetangerine. when neji is telling kidourmaru what he did, kidoumaru on page 18 says "But it doesnt alter the fact that you will die." so that opens the fact that neji still might die. which i hope isnt the case. Neji is an interesting character as far as "looking up to" or has"respect" for naruto. I could do without it. He should have used Naruto as a symbol to kick some tail and become better then naruto, instead of Neji being turned around after all he went through and see the light and change his ways.
Maybe even start a rivalry with naruto. i understand the premise on hard work will eventually prevail over failure...as with the case of overlooknig choji and naruto being a dropout or loser to becoming the character all the others look up to is quite...depressing...as far as naruto's side is concerned.
He's been lucky and depended onthe power of the kyuubi to beat neji and do most the things hes done not all but some...meanwhile people like sasuke ROCK LEE and neji s*&^ even choji in some sense..have relied on their own power not some hidden monster with incredible powers. But the manga is still enjoyable. I still think choji is gone..
Old 2003-12-13, 17:32   Link #36
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The chapter has been translated.

Prepare Operation: Leech
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 17:45   Link #37
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I really liked how Neji gets most of his inpiration from Naruto now.

He seems to pay the most respect to Naruto out of anyone in the series (except for Hinata of course).

Last edited by Dopeskills; 2003-12-14 at 01:21.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 18:05   Link #38
-HyugaNeji-

Man, thats really crazy..yeah, he defeated that guy, but he's sewerly wounded and in the translated chapter on the last page, they say: Even if his life is in danger, he wont abandon his pride. You also can't see the forehead of Neji, which means we still don't know if he will survive or not. Man, i can't wait for the next chapters, to solve this situation
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 20:33   Link #39
raikage
日本語を食べません!

..of corse...they may not solve it...ON to the next battle... final tally count at the end of the Chase for Sasuke story arc...

I still maintain that Tsunade's companion Shizune will not magically show up to save Chouji & Neji; she probably left to bring Genma + the other ninja back to the village. They don't know about Shikamaru & co. chasing the 4 sounds, so they have no real reason to go back to pursue (unless Tsunade tells them about it)
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 20:44   Link #40
reymysteriojr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The chapter has been translated.

Prepare Operation: Leech
sorry to break it you bud but.....doesn't that make you a leech too? and its been translated since this morning..where ya been bra?