AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-01-11, 22:54   Link #81
Uh_huh
♥ Bouncy ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower
Boy are you ever off about Naruto. Hunter x Hunter has done what Naruto has done.
More like Naruto copied HxH since HxH was out first ... but I'm sure HxH ripped it off another manga as well. The cycle never really stops.

On topic:

I find Bleach to be more original relative to Naruto, but they both contain elements of DBZ in it (which I despise).

IMO, Bleach and Naruto are at par with one another, quality-wise (manga). But if I was to compare the animated version of Bleach vs. Naruto however, I would give it to Bleach hands down.

This is not because Naruto is showing massive fillers (Bleach will be starting this soon as well, I believe), but because Naruto has very inconsistent artwork. I remember watching one episode where the artwork looked like it was drawn by a 7yr-old.

Main reason why animes lack creativity is because hardly any artists want to take a risk and deviate from the norm. Why take a risk when you know that this method is a sure win? It's easier to make alterations to someone else's work than make a new one yourself.
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 22:58   Link #82
sanghyun1990
상현

This thread is now Naruto vs Bleach. People should really stop comarping these two, there is no reason to compare them. If you don't like it don't watch it.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 23:03   Link #83
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uh_huh
This is not because Naruto is showing massive fillers (Bleach will be starting this soon as well, I believe), but because Naruto has very inconsistent artwork. I remember watching one episode where the artwork looked like it was drawn by a 7yr-old.
That true and very sad though, since it'd be much better if they had a better animator.

Lets just conclude that no animes (particularly shounen ones) are original. There are thousands of anime in existance, and Im pretty sure at least one is similar to another.
Old 2006-01-11, 23:13   Link #84
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
That true and very sad though, since it'd be much better if they had a better animator.

Lets just conclude that no animes (particularly shounen ones) are original. There are thousands of anime in existance, and Im pretty sure at least one is similar to another.

Consider this

How long has there been entertainment?

Not just radio, or television.

but entertianment in general.

Now imagine this, How hard is it to come up with original material, when almost everything has already been done?

Only in the rare instance will you get something original, and in all reality the original shows ain't that original, because they just twist an existing concept into an unexpected form.

Like Gundam twisting Super Robots into Real Robot Mecha Genre.

Originality is HARD to come by. The best thing to do is smile and live in ignorance, or stop watching shit period.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 23:14   Link #85
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
I find Bleach to be more original relative to Naruto, but they both contain elements of DBZ in it (which I despise).

IMO, Bleach and Naruto are at par with one another, quality-wise (manga). But if I was to compare the animated version of Bleach vs. Naruto however, I would give it to Bleach hands down.

Main reason why animes lack creativity is because hardly any artists want to take a risk and deviate from the norm. Why take a risk when you know that this method is a sure win? It's easier to make alterations to someone else's work than make a new one yourself.
Please, tell me how a high-powered fighting anime can work WITHOUT the 'elements' Naruto, DBZ, and Bleach have in common. And how episodes that wasn't in the manga are automatically labeled as fillers and disregarded as part of continuity.

I'd LOVE to listen to your ideas of a creative anime, because I DON'T even think you have one. I think you ppl are just looking for a reason to complain about something, because these arguments don't make ANY sense...
Old 2006-01-12, 00:06   Link #86
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Consider this

How long has there been entertainment?

Not just radio, or television.

but entertianment in general.

Now imagine this, How hard is it to come up with original material, when almost everything has already been done?

Only in the rare instance will you get something original, and in all reality the original shows ain't that original, because they just twist an existing concept into an unexpected form.

Like Gundam twisting Super Robots into Real Robot Mecha Genre.

Originality is HARD to come by. The best thing to do is smile and live in ignorance, or stop watching shit period.
...I didnt say I condone Bleach or shounen animes, do I?

I KNOW its hard to be original, but people's perspective (primitive instincts) are more of "If I haven't seen that type of anime before, its original".

I was just pointing out that you can consider all animes unoriginal, but I still watch anime and come to this forum (and not bash them in any way) aren't I? Whats the point of addressing such a reply to me, eh?
Old 2006-01-13, 01:48   Link #87
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

when something original comes along, I'll call that person(s) a Renassaince Man but seeing that hasn't happened in.......................400-500 years? I'm not placing any bets ;D
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 02:07   Link #88
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
when something original comes along, I'll call that person(s) a Renassaince Man but seeing that hasn't happened in.......................400-500 years? I'm not placing any bets ;D
William Shakespeare used up all the possible permutations of human existence before his death in 1616. Since then we have only been updating them and trying to find new angles to view them from.

Now, the essence of originality is to find something new to do with old ideas.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 10:35   Link #89
Uh_huh
♥ Bouncy ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Please, tell me how a high-powered fighting anime can work WITHOUT the 'elements' Naruto, DBZ, and Bleach have in common. And how episodes that wasn't in the manga are automatically labeled as fillers and disregarded as part of continuity.

I'd LOVE to listen to your ideas of a creative anime, because I DON'T even think you have one. I think you ppl are just looking for a reason to complain about something, because these arguments don't make ANY sense...
Well, I'm not hating on fillers or anything because some of them can be good, but there are others which are just total crap. I rather have the series stop and wait till the manga gets further than for the series to make some half-ass fillers.

Obviously, I'm not expecting for all the animes to not rip-off older anime series like DBZ (which paved the way for the super-powered up fighting style). But there should also be new elements to spice up the anime so it's not totally boring and predictable.

Take for example, in Naruto (or Bleach) when the character gets literally "killed" and still comes back to somehow pull off a miraculous win or is saved somehow and then gets stronger and comes back to beat the opponent. It doesn't have to be like that at all. Why can't some of the "good" guys just die? Why doesn't "evil" never conquer? I hate sappy endings. Yay, we were outnumbered 100,000:1 and we managed to win without any casualties!

I don't expect to see an anime that totally original because I'm sure (almost) everything has been done already. But I do want to see some variations in the kinds of "DBZ-like" animes. I don't care how it's done, as long as it's done.

I think Naruto and Bleach are both pretty decent mangas/animes. But they could be a lot better if they deviated a bit more.

I hope that makes "sense" to you because I don't know how else I can explain this simple concept to you.
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 12:41   Link #90
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
...I didnt say I condone Bleach or shounen animes, do I?

I KNOW its hard to be original, but people's perspective (primitive instincts) are more of "If I haven't seen that type of anime before, its original".

I was just pointing out that you can consider all animes unoriginal, but I still watch anime and come to this forum (and not bash them in any way) aren't I? Whats the point of addressing such a reply to me, eh?

Actually, I just realized I quoted you.

I ment that as a general statement to the thread.

Hit quote instead of reply, apparently
Old 2006-01-13, 12:48   Link #91
Eclipze

Quote:
Take for example, in Naruto (or Bleach) when the character gets literally "killed" and still comes back to somehow pull off a miraculous win or is saved somehow and then gets stronger and comes back to beat the opponent. It doesn't have to be like that at all. Why can't some of the "good" guys just die? Why doesn't "evil" never conquer? I hate sappy endings. Yay, we were outnumbered 100,000:1 and we managed to win without any casualties!
You see, thats the basic elements for a shounen anime: good guys never die. Even if they do die, they'll be ressurected someway or another. Bad guys always loses. Either they die, or they convert to the good side.

Quite frankly, if Naruto ends with Akatsuki pwning everyone and becoming rulers of the world, people would probably rate it the worst anime of the year.

Yes, while it breaks away from the norm formula of shounen anime, its something that is not quite accepted.

Evil never conquers? Actually, in some animes, the story starts out/develops into having the evil master conquering/winning, and the the good guys as rebels, who overthrows the evil master. Hence it isn't true to say that evil has never conquered in animes (unless you mean in endings).
Old 2006-01-13, 14:06   Link #92
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Well, I'm not hating on fillers or anything because some of them can be good, but there are others which are just total crap. I rather have the series stop and wait till the manga gets further than for the series to make some half-ass fillers.

Obviously, I'm not expecting for all the animes to not rip-off older anime series like DBZ (which paved the way for the super-powered up fighting style). But there should also be new elements to spice up the anime so it's not totally boring and predictable.

I don't expect to see an anime that totally original because I'm sure (almost) everything has been done already. But I do want to see some variations in the kinds of "DBZ-like" animes. I don't care how it's done, as long as it's done.

I think Naruto and Bleach are both pretty decent mangas/animes. But they could be a lot better if they deviated a bit more.

I hope that makes "sense" to you because I don't know how else I can explain this simple concept to you.
I'm not sure why you want evil to win, as it'd be the most depressing ending ever. Unless the good guys actually find out that they're wrong, and the "bad guys" are actually trying to be productive(though going about it wrong)... besides, evil ALWAYS looses in the end, even outside of shonen series.

And I'm not sure why character deaths are that interesting. I actually stopped watching an anime because my fav character died(and she only lasted a couple eps too...)
Old 2006-01-13, 14:25   Link #93
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

I want evil to win because I'm sick of the goodguys always being held in the limelight after the ash settles.

I want to see the heros, in the ending seen, dismembered and in pools of their own blood, as a dark overloard stands with his foot upon the head of the leader of the good guys, laughing maniacly as the screen fades to black
Old 2006-01-13, 14:30   Link #94
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
I want evil to win because I'm sick of the goodguys always being held in the limelight after the ash settles.

I want to see the heros, in the ending seen, dismembered and in pools of their own blood, as a dark overloard stands with his foot upon the head of the leader of the good guys, laughing maniacly as the screen fades to black
Wow...

*filler text*
Old 2006-01-13, 14:31   Link #95
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Wow...

*filler text*

Did I mention I'm dark?

Not emo, Just dark
Old 2006-01-13, 14:38   Link #96
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Did I mention I'm dark?

Not emo, Just dark
You might've forgot to mention that, yes...
Old 2006-01-14, 01:20   Link #97
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure why you want evil to win, as it'd be the most depressing ending ever. Unless the good guys actually find out that they're wrong, and the "bad guys" are actually trying to be productive(though going about it wrong)... besides, evil ALWAYS looses in the end, even outside of shonen series.
He didn't mean that he wants evil to win in the end. He just meant that perhaps evil should win a battle or two on the way by managing to kill someone because otherwise it just seems that the bad guys are overhyped. If there are no consequences for fighting, then it isn't a real fight.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 01:30   Link #98
Rachy
Disabled By Request

The ending of bleach seems alot more straight foward than that of naruto though...
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 01:30   Link #99
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Double post, sorry.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 01:48   Link #100
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
He didn't mean that he wants evil to win in the end. He just meant that perhaps evil should win a battle or two on the way by managing to kill someone because otherwise it just seems that the bad guys are overhyped. If there are no consequences for fighting, then it isn't a real fight.
Um...that has happened with "good" characters who are side characters.

Spoiler for SUBBED Naruto:

Last edited by Eclipze; 2006-01-14 at 06:15.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote