AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-01, 11:31   Link #41
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeLegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
Is it just me or does that say 1988, that'd mean shes 17yrs old :O(no, i dont think so )
However that site http://www.ai-land.ne.jp/yuria/contents/photo.html looks like someone in their early twentys
dude its been confirmed that she's not the Yuria who sung the songs in Shuffle!
but anyways... she's hawt.
Old 2006-01-01, 12:15   Link #42
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apekatt
Which song from Disgaea did Yuria sing? I can't even remember that there were any vocal songs in that game.
That would be because they took them out of the English language track. There were a few, Etna had one (Etna Boogie), Laharl had one (Ode to Laharl... they used a 'laa' version for one of the endings, and the tune is a different version of the one that plays when you're wandering around the Netherworld)

Anyway, apparently she did two of them it seems One was Lahaaru-sama no Sanbika (most commonly translated as Ode to Laharl) and also the Japanese version of Red Moon/Akai Tsuki (remember the one that's sung in English when the Prinnies' souls are being reincarnated? That one.) Red Moon sounds a LOT like her They're both on the OST anyway, go get if you want to hear.

Oh, and cheers for the heads up o_o I had no idea she sung either of those until I started looking.

Last edited by Varion; 2006-01-01 at 14:05. Reason: They didn't play when you used the English voices, they weren't taken out altogether. Oops.
Old 2006-01-01, 12:21   Link #43
SnakeLegend

oh~ good for me too look outta there for ya guys huh? ^^
well thats great news... makes me wanna play the game again...
Old 2006-01-01, 12:30   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ama. <3

Some people shall know what i'm on about. ^^
Old 2006-01-01, 12:44   Link #45
SnakeLegend

hehehe....
Ama <3 but not that Ama.
Old 2006-01-01, 13:31   Link #46
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
That would be because they took them out of the English release There were a few, Etna had one (Etna Boogie), Laharl had one (Ode to Laharl... they used a 'laa' version for one of the endings, and the tune is a different version of the one that plays when you're wandering around the Netherworld)

Anyway, apparently she did two of them it seems One was Lahaaru-sama no Sanbika (most commonly translated as Ode to Laharl) and also the Japanese version of Red Moon/Akai Tsuki (remember the one that's sung in English when the Prinnies' souls are being reincarnated? That one.) Red Moon sounds a LOT like her They're both on the OST anyway, go get if you want to hear.

Oh, and cheers for the heads up o_o I had no idea she sung either of those until I started looking.
Ah, ok I see. I've only played the english version of Disgaea and I used the english voices IIRC. I hate when they remove stuff from the original version during translations.
Old 2006-01-01, 13:35   Link #47
SnakeLegend

well i remember i can switch the languages... or is it just me?
might've been la pucelle...
Old 2006-01-01, 13:46   Link #48
Apekatt
Monkeycat

^I think it's possible to change the voices to Japanese... I played with English voices however. Anyone here who knows if switching the voices to Japanese will change the music to?
Old 2006-01-01, 13:47   Link #49
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
it was la pucelle and Makai Kingdom...

I never bothered to make another sig... haha -""_ -
Old 2006-01-01, 13:48   Link #50
SnakeLegend

i don't think so... but a slight chance. why don't you try it
Old 2006-01-01, 13:57   Link #51
Apekatt
Monkeycat

^Yeah, I should. I feel like replaying Disgaea anyway. *searches through my collection of ps2-games* ...damn, forgot I've borrowed it to a friend.

And BTW, I think it's possible to use the japanese voices in the PAL-version (which I have) but not in the American NTSC-version. I'm not 100% sure of this, and I can't check it either since my Disgaea isn't aviable at the moment, but I have vauge memories of something like this.
Old 2006-01-01, 14:02   Link #52
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apekatt
And BTW, I think it's possible to use the japanese voices in the PAL-version (which I have) but not in the American NTSC-version.
Other way round. Every Nippon Ichi game has had the option of using the original Japanese voices removed on the PAL version, but the NTSC version has the choice. I've heard this is so for La Pucelle and Makai Kingdom, and I've got the PAL version of Disgaea and Phantom Brave so I know they're not in it. Not as bad as it could have been because I generally like the dubs in Nippon Ichi games, but still... I don't think I could play Makai Kingdom with it. It would mean missing out on Takehito Koyasu

Been doing a bit of research and it seems I was slightly off before, the songs haven't been removed entirely, they were just removed on the English Language track and replaced with 'laa' versions, but are present on the Japanese Language track.. Of course, I can't check this until I get hold of a US copy (which I want to now the anime's coming fairly soon)... if anyone has one and has a save near the end of the game it'd be helpful if they could check.
Old 2006-01-01, 14:08   Link #53
Apekatt
Monkeycat

^Ah, now I remember. Thanks for correcting me Valdra. Disgaea's English dub was so good that it didn't bother me at all however. I loved Gordon's english voice.

And to make this post atleast a little on-topic: Go go Yuria! Ama is the hotness! Neko-hats, lol
Old 2006-01-01, 18:33   Link #54
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan Send a message via Skype™ to Asa-Fan
Spoiler for Yuria:

AAA-FlagWaver; HHH*CLUB*Leader;KKR PizzaGirl
Call me Sami
Old 2006-01-01, 19:12   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

How's that a spoiler Asa-fan? *saves image*
Old 2006-01-01, 19:38   Link #56
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

she looks very pretty there
Old 2006-01-01, 19:44   Link #57
tabun
rawr!

Even if so, Ama always does. Ama wins over Yuria
Old 2006-01-01, 19:57   Link #58
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Ama....*drools*

I never bothered to make another sig... haha -""_ -
Old 2006-01-02, 00:49   Link #59
SnakeLegend

i hope you guys didn't mistook that yuria in the spoiler tag's the one who sung the OST for shuffle >.>
Old 2006-01-02, 01:00   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We've already established its NOT her... I found a pic of her in the visual art book .... she's cute (a bit toothy) and had light colored hair at the time of the photo. I'lll scan it tonight if no one comes up with a online pic.