AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-02, 01:02   Link #61
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Hmm Yuria shes got a hell of sweet voice.. love her songs and Ama's voice

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-01-02, 02:02   Link #62
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeLegend
you want a scan from the fan book? here. catch.
Old 2006-01-02, 05:48   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah thanks.. beat me to it.... she's rather a cute little elfin thing.
heck, Miyuki's not shabby either.
Old 2006-01-02, 06:10   Link #64
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Oh... She looks completly different compared to the picture on the first page. In the picture above she looks quite a lot like someone I know. Too bad the girl I know doesn't have a voice like Ama/Yuria.

Last edited by Apekatt; 2006-01-02 at 06:43.
Old 2006-01-02, 06:41   Link #65
SnakeLegend

lol.....
hopefully... you didn't get the wrong person. Yuria's yuria, Yuria Sato is Yuria Sato. you can't mistake 2 snakes to be both snakelegend can you >.>
Old 2006-01-02, 08:18   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
ah thanks.. beat me to it.... she's rather a cute little elfin thing.
heck, Miyuki's not shabby either.
Don't worry, beat me to it too. ^^;;

And i agree, Miyuki's good to look at too~
Old 2006-01-02, 11:02   Link #67
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Sorry if this question is stupid but which voices does Miyuki do in Shuffle?
Old 2006-01-02, 11:19   Link #68
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apekatt
Sorry if this question is stupid but which voices does Miyuki do in Shuffle?
She does the ending song Don't think she voices any characters though, certainly not one of the main ones.
Old 2006-01-02, 12:28   Link #69
SnakeLegend

yeah.... she only sung for the ending, and In The Sky.
Old 2006-01-19, 17:04   Link #70
Uchitake

im really confused>_> in wat yuria sung..

i know YOU = yuria in shuffle openning

mirabel and original and innocence is still yuria? ..im confused>_>
Old 2006-01-19, 20:39   Link #71
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchitake
im really confused>_> in wat yuria sung..

i know YOU = yuria in shuffle openning

mirabel and original and innocence is still yuria? ..im confused>_>
Mirabel - Wha?
Original - Yuria
Innocence - Hashimoto Miyuki
Old 2006-01-19, 21:34   Link #72
Uchitake

i meant that other song ... that start with M

is in the shuffle video clip in the end or.. game opening?

im so lost xD and wat is original? o.O
Old 2006-01-19, 21:54   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You've nailed a major problem I have with iTunes and most other purveyors of online music ---- we've got music from all over the freaking planet (Japanese, Swedish, African, Tibetan, etc) all kinds styles.... and what does iTunes give me?

Britney Spears...

Ok... its not *that* bad.. but it is, in a way. There's simply no reason for music companies to spend all their money on "a few corporate constructed groups and singers" anymore when they can be the middlemen for any artist on the planet.

Until then.. I guess the JP<>USA shipping people will keep making money off of me.
Old 2006-01-21, 14:15   Link #74
SnakeLegend

i think he meant Mirage Lullaby?
dunno.
OP-YOU
ED-Innocence
Theme songs-Mirage Lullaby, In The Sky.
Old 2006-01-21, 18:39   Link #75
Uchitake

snakelegend i wanna know ...

yuria sing wat?

i know she sing You
and innocence is Miyuki
but who sang Mirabel ?? also yuria?
Old 2006-01-22, 06:43   Link #76
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Uchitake:

YURIA performed (for Shuffle!):

Mirage Lullaby (original PC game OP)
YOU (anime OP)
Original! (Shuffle! on the Stage PS2 game OP)

The ED songs for both the game (In The Sky) and the anime (innocence) were performed by Miyuki Hashimoto.

@ Vexx:

Here's another example of the irritation that record companies cause me. Since they insist on segregating the world market as they do, I am unable to purchase songs I want to listen to from say, iTunes Japan, or iTunes Europe, as my Australian VISA isn't permitted to make such purchases - and yet, by Australian law, I am legally entitled to import as I wish, and I have never had a problem buying CDs from Amazon (UK, US), CDJapan, YesAsia, and HMV (japan). Isn't it a bit stupid for that to be the way the industry works? I am quite aware that if I *could* buy single tracks from online music stores in different countries than I'd be far more likely to buy more music than I do now - the prohibitive cost of shipping from Japan and from the UK/Europe to where I am tends to make me a lot more cautious when buying stuff online, so I'm far more likely to get together with a few friends and buy a half a dozen CDs together every say, six months, then to just go online and click my way through a half a dozen tracks every week or two when I've heard some new music. And those six or seven songs a fortnight add up to a hell of a lot more money spent than two CDs every three or four months. That's why I download a lot more music unethically than I would like to - I can't afford to just impulse buy when I feel like it, as the cost is too high, so I sample a lot more via download. Normally if I'm thinking of getting an album I'll listen to a few tracks, and either buy it or not. The cost of importing tends to make me test the whole album instead, which is both a bandwidth hassle, and a lost revenue stream for various recording companies.

That said, and in regards to online buying... if they do open up iTunes to be truly international (which, sadly, I think won't happen soon if ever), there'd still need to be some changes for me to buy a lot more... largely as I detest 128kbps music, AAC, OGG or MP3. I listen to lossless on my computer/stereo hookup, and ~256kbps VBR LAME MP3s on my iPod. So there's my main beefs with online music stores... up the content and up the quality. I guarantee you'll make millions more sales. Guarantee it.

Back on topic now, and for the record - I think my favourite YURIA song is NA NA IRO (the ED to Canvas2, done by 'Sweets Takenai' if memory serves) - basically, Yuria doing the vocals for another band. Beautiful song, and the OP for Canvas is pretty nice too... though nowhere near as good as the ED.

* has preordered his copy of YURIA's first album @ cdjapan... along with another guilty pleasure (Sweetbox) ^_^ *

-Andiyar

Last edited by andiyar; 2006-01-22 at 06:58.
Old 2006-01-22, 14:47   Link #77
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
@ Uchitake:

YURIA performed (for Shuffle!):

Mirage Lullaby (original PC game OP)
YOU (anime OP)
Original! (Shuffle! on the Stage PS2 game OP)

The ED songs for both the game (In The Sky) and the anime (innocence) were performed by Miyuki Hashimoto.

@ Vexx:

Here's another example of the irritation that record companies cause me. Since ...

Back on topic now, and for the record - I think my favourite YURIA song is NA NA IRO (the ED to Canvas2, done by 'Sweets Takenai' if memory serves) - basically, Yuria doing the vocals for another band. Beautiful song, and the OP for Canvas is pretty nice too... though nowhere near as good as the ED.

* has preordered his copy of YURIA's first album @ cdjapan... along with another guilty pleasure (Sweetbox) ^_^ *

-Andiyar

Aye... I've never viewed iTunes as more than a "preview" service for anything outside of "pop" music. For classical, ethnic, or more demanding dynamics --- it doesn't meet the grade. Magnatunes is the only online service I've found I like and there you're pretty much exploring unknown artists.

Your description of how you find and acquire music pretty much matches mine. Given the cost of shipping, I end up doing downloads to precheck the music when I can... fortunately, I don't have that wacky AU law to deal with so I can order from outside the US pretty easily (though I tend to stick with JP, UK, and Canada).

I like the Canvas 2 ED as well... I'm not really a fan of the "strings galore" type of music that infests anime. I prefer harder-edged blues and rock or, like in shuffle!, the more classically minded stuff. KOTOKO and a singer named Ua put out a fair amount of stuff I like. I would like to find some more stuff by the vocalist of AIR (Lia?) and I admit to a guilty liking of the j-europop fluff of Team Hinoi. I *thought* I'd like the visual kei gothy bands but so far every one of them I've listened to had the blandest sugar pop sound ... bleh.

The Nerine CD (in the DVD LE package) I recently acquired is a very nice package ... kind of a character CD with a bit of OST mixed in.

Thanks for the YURIA tips.... I may go hunting them up after the next paycheck.
Old 2006-01-22, 17:51   Link #78
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Aye... I've never viewed iTunes as more than a "preview" service for anything outside of "pop" music. For classical, ethnic, or more demanding dynamics --- it doesn't meet the grade. Magnatunes is the only online service I've found I like and there you're pretty much exploring unknown artists.

Your description of how you find and acquire music pretty much matches mine. Given the cost of shipping, I end up doing downloads to precheck the music when I can... fortunately, I don't have that wacky AU law to deal with so I can order from outside the US pretty easily (though I tend to stick with JP, UK, and Canada).
Heh. I was perhaps a bit unclear. The law here in AU actually permits me to import as I wish, and I was kinda obliquely referring to that being violated in the iTunes catalogue. If I can legally buy music from overseas at will, why can't I access it directly? That was more or less my point.

Quote:
I like the Canvas 2 ED as well... I'm not really a fan of the "strings galore" type of music that infests anime. I prefer harder-edged blues and rock or, like in shuffle!, the more classically minded stuff. KOTOKO and a singer named Ua put out a fair amount of stuff I like. I would like to find some more stuff by the vocalist of AIR (Lia?) and I admit to a guilty liking of the j-europop fluff of Team Hinoi. I *thought* I'd like the visual kei gothy bands but so far every one of them I've listened to had the blandest sugar pop sound ... bleh.

I'm a bit of an I'VE fan as well. KOTOKO is always great, and LIA... I *love* LIA's voice. If you're interested in getting some of her albums, she's released four that I'm aware of. See if you can pick up a copy of her mini album gift, it's a rather beautiful showcase for her voice.

For a few places to look -

Anime Jungle has all her albums (apart from gift!) under their 'Game Music /I'VE SOUND' collection. They've also got the two singles, Birthday Song ~requiem~, and Natukage/nostalgia, that she performed for key (Natukage is a vocal performance of Natsukage from AIR, Misuzu's theme).

Amazon.co.jp have most/all of her catalogue, but they won't ship some of it overseas - claim it's restricted. Prismatic and enigmatic are so treated, but I think you can get her Concert at Shibuya, and probably Colors of Life or gift from them.

Oh, and for info purposes - Lia's Official Website.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-01-23, 02:54   Link #79
SnakeLegend

i don't see why you guys must write so much -.-
anyways, Mirage Lullaby, YOU and Original! and Never Say Goodbye! for Tick! Tack! is by Yuria.
Old 2006-01-23, 15:49   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

we type fast? we're used to writing papers with tight deadlines? we practice?
((you should see how verbose I am in MMOs.... I type in complete sentences with almost no acronyms and in the accent/style of my character))
I've gotten bad about not capping my sentences --- as seen here.

Anyway, many thanks to andiyar for the links and info... especially on Lia.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-23 at 16:13.
Closed Thread