AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-15, 11:32   Link #21
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
It's not a bad kit, but the MG is better in terms of value. The PG is top heavy, so you can't pose it unless you build a custom stand. And for some reason, the PG is missing some details the MG has. For example, the main wings open up on the MG, but the PG can't do that. If you've seen Evolve 7, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Maybe it's because the MG came out 4 years later? *shrug*
Ah that'd explain it.....and yes I have seen Evolve 7, you mean how the wings actually fold out into 4 wings when fully out right?

Although I heard the PG had some metal parts in the wings which should make it sturdier which was what I heard. But its dissapointing the MG is much better detailed, but in terms of sturdiness how good is the MG? Since I've noticed the whole Wing/Wing Zero line of models have always been REALLY fragile and generally impossible to pose without nothing short of super glue or cement.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 00:40   Link #22
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Ah that'd explain it.....and yes I have seen Evolve 7, you mean how the wings actually fold out into 4 wings when fully out right?

Although I heard the PG had some metal parts in the wings which should make it sturdier which was what I heard. But its dissapointing the MG is much better detailed, but in terms of sturdiness how good is the MG? Since I've noticed the whole Wing/Wing Zero line of models have always been REALLY fragile and generally impossible to pose without nothing short of super glue or cement.
its extremely stable (the MG WZC), except for the hands when holding TBRs (thats the problem of many kits anyways). Even the wingd can hold up quite well. It comes with a purdy stand that you can do all cool poses.


AAAAAnd Heero didnt pull a Kira, rather Kira pulled a Heero
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 21:07   Link #23
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Ah that'd explain it.....and yes I have seen Evolve 7, you mean how the wings actually fold out into 4 wings when fully out right?

Although I heard the PG had some metal parts in the wings which should make it sturdier which was what I heard. But its dissapointing the MG is much better detailed, but in terms of sturdiness how good is the MG? Since I've noticed the whole Wing/Wing Zero line of models have always been REALLY fragile and generally impossible to pose without nothing short of super glue or cement.
Eeep.. I don't quite think thats it. Sorry for the poor wording on my part.

http://211.233.38.221/dalong/mg/m75/m75_05.jpg
Image from Dalong.net

That's what I was talking about.. the main wings fold out like that.. or spread out. The PG isn't capable of doing that.

And the MG is pretty damn nice IMO. A stand is included, so it's pretty posable. The wings are sturdy and don't flap around. But as SNT1 mentioned, it can't hold up its TBR.. at all. If you fiddle with it you could probably do it, but mine fell out a couple of minutes later. Still a very nice model though.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 05:14   Link #24
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Eeep.. I don't quite think thats it. Sorry for the poor wording on my part.

http://211.233.38.221/dalong/mg/m75/m75_05.jpg
Image from Dalong.net

That's what I was talking about.. the main wings fold out like that.. or spread out. The PG isn't capable of doing that.

And the MG is pretty damn nice IMO. A stand is included, so it's pretty posable. The wings are sturdy and don't flap around. But as SNT1 mentioned, it can't hold up its TBR.. at all. If you fiddle with it you could probably do it, but mine fell out a couple of minutes later. Still a very nice model though.
Nice although its dissapointing bout the Buster Rifle considering even the HG can do it (as flimsy as it is).

Although I'd imagine theres somewhere out there with some kind of mod that makes the hands abit more secure.......

EDIT:

http://www.hlj.com/images/kby/kbykp-09.jpg

I noticed this gun stand for the Huckbein from SRW Original Generation (Bottom left), do you think it could support the TBR? I'm not sure since I haven't seen the MG WZC for real. But since you mentioned it has a stand I'd imagine using 2 stands it could be supported......

There might be a chance I'd buy a Huckbein and steal its stand for MG WZC TBR since Huckbein looks great by itself anyway.

Last edited by Sety; 2006-01-18 at 07:06.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 22:47   Link #25
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Hmm, the link doesn't work and searching for "Huckbein" only brings up a t-shirt.

You could mod it I guess.. I've seen pictures on Japanese model sites where a MG WGC is holding the TBR with no problem. How they did it.. I have no clue.

Linkie to site: http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Epatari..._mg_wing0.html
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 03:34   Link #26
viper
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
That particular modeler used resin aftermarket hands from B-Club. Heres a link to it on HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL72204
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 06:54   Link #27
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Hmm, the link doesn't work and searching for "Huckbein" only brings up a t-shirt.

You could mod it I guess.. I've seen pictures on Japanese model sites where a MG WGC is holding the TBR with no problem. How they did it.. I have no clue.

Linkie to site: http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Epatari..._mg_wing0.html
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-09

Sorry, theres the link to the product page.....but yeah I haven't seen many models that use gunstands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
That particular modeler used resin aftermarket hands from B-Club. Heres a link to it on HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL72204
Thats pretty interesting....might check these out.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 20:22   Link #28
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-09

Sorry, theres the link to the product page.....but yeah I haven't seen many models that use gunstands.



Thats pretty interesting....might check these out.
Hmm, dunno.. the stand looks pretty short. I don't think it'll reach. I think it's a better bet to get those resin parts. But jesus, 20 bucks + shipping for a set of hands? Ouch!
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 03:05   Link #29
sx3
0 Gundam
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Where are wing zeros rifles docked? [EW]

well my question got answered, thank you to the adminstator who put my post here XD

Last edited by sx3; 2006-06-12 at 03:18.
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.