AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-14, 10:51   Link #41
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
I thought we will get a whole new digimon for each seasons. I like Agumon but i would prefer if a new digimon was used as the main one...
same here, after seing Agumon on tv here everyday for 3 years straight i can drema his evolutions, id rather have a new digimon, but im not going to flame the sries becaus of that

i am fcomplaining bcause : NO GOGGLES!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 12:42   Link #42
ChoboChan

Whats digimon without a goggle boy.
Old 2006-03-14, 15:06   Link #43
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Jeez, Agumon is back. While it's kind of nice to have a familiar Digimon taking the lead, it would be nice if the show presented different evolutions for Agumon this time around instead of Greymon, Metal Greymon, War Greymon series.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 16:45   Link #44
EdenB
Overlord

Did anyone else think it was an iPod?

The digivolve phrase makes me think of 'Spirit Evolution' for some reason though.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 16:55   Link #45
Mirtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB
Did anyone else think it was an iPod?

The digivolve phrase makes me think of 'Spirit Evolution' for some reason though.
Is this from that commercial, or did I miss the release of the first episode?

And yes, this looks like an Ipod...
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 18:07   Link #46
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
Is this from that commercial, or did I miss the release of the first episode?

And yes, this looks like an Ipod...
Yep, it's from the promo. The WWP fansub of it to be specific and right at the end. The first episode should be out in Japan on Sunday the 2nd of April I think (as shown in screenshot), so you won't of missed it yet.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 23:09   Link #47
jpwong

All the pics are from the 14 second preview that came out last week after Konjiki no Gash Bell. The series won't be starting until April 2 at 9:00AM on FujiTV (reclaiming the spot back from Gash Bell).

An extended 30 second preview should air on March 26 after Gash.

And yes, the Digivice iC looks very much like an iPod.

Edit: I dunno about Agumon's evo line this time around, I hearing that it's Agumon->GeoGreymon. It's not to say they won't keep it going the same way as before, but I have doubts about them using an entire evolution line over again.

Last edited by jpwong; 2006-03-15 at 01:57.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 17:01   Link #48
Guido

Anime News Network entry for Digimon Savers has updated information regarding the seiyuu for the cast and the names of the OP/ED songs.

Opening Theme
"Gou-ing! Going! My Soul!!" by Dynamite SHU

Ending Theme
"One Star" by Ito Yousuke

Cast
Souichiro Hoshi (Kira Yamato/Mobile Suit Gundam Seed; Souichirou Nagi/Tenjho Tenge; Kaoru Hanabishi/Ai Yori Aoshi) as Daimon Masaru

Taiki Matsuno (Manjome Jun/YuGiOh! Duel Monsters GX) as Agumon

Hirofumi Nojima (Hayato Ike/Shakugan no Shana; Boogie-kun/Karin) as Tohma H. Norstein

Kazuya Nakai (Jan Valentine/Hellsing Ultimate; Zoro Roronoa/One Piece; Shizuka Doumeki/xxxHolic) as Gaomon

Yui Aragaki as Fujieda Yoshino

Yukana (Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa/Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid; Honoka Yukishiro/Futari Wa Pretty Cure; Mashiro Blan de Windbloom/Mai-Otome) as Lalamon

Exactly two weeks remaining before Digimon Savers starts broadcasting.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 02:31   Link #49
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Yui Aragaki as Fujieda Yoshino

Yukana (Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa/Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid; Honoka Yukishiro/Futari Wa Pretty Cure; Mashiro Blan de Windbloom/Mai-Otome) as Lalamon

Exactly two weeks remaining before Digimon Savers starts broadcasting.
Sweet, Yukana in Digimon, I'm looking forward to hear that.

ANN seems to lack information about Yui Aragaki, but there is a article at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yui_Aragaki

(side note: she is cute)

By the way, could somebody remove the "rumors" on the thread title, since fifth season is confirmed.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 08:20   Link #50
jpwong

Moreover, with 4 groups having released a promo (3 I definatly know are subbing it) and 1 group possibly subbing it, I think we can safely move this topic into "Fansubs".

But the rumours bit of the topic name refers to plot rumours, not season rumours since the topic was made long after the season was announced (we just had no hard airdates, character names, plot or anything). Of course, we have all that information now too...
Old 2006-03-24, 08:23   Link #51
Kensuke

If you haven't heard it yet, Digimon Savers licensed.
http://icv2.com/articles/home/8404.html

Quote:
Toei Animation and Bandai Japan are re-launching the Digimon property in Japan with a new anime series Digimon Savers, which will debut on Fuji TV on April 2nd. The new anime series will be accompanied by a new wave of Digimon toys and a new version of the Digimon CCG known as Digimon Card Game Alpha. According to sources inside Bandai America Digimon fans here in the States can expect to see the re-launched Digimon anime and its accompanying products starting in the summer of 2007.

The Digimon Savers anime takes place in the near future after the existence of the Digital monsters has been confirmed by the discovery of the Digital world inside the Net. As more is learned about the Digital world it becomes apparent that, although they are rare, there are evil Digimon, and a group DATS (Digital Accident Tactics Squad) is formed to combat them.
Sadly there is about 0.1 % change that it will ever reach here. *sigh*
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 09:36   Link #52
Guido

Ah, okay! I get it now. So we'll have to wait about 15 to 18 months before the series plus the DVD releases come to this continent.

Just waiting nine more days before Savers arrives.
Old 2006-03-24, 18:29   Link #53
jpwong

Has that finally been double confirmed on another news site? Though I have been told that site has been right in the past, that release is sadly lacking important details such as who's actually licensed the anime (Though I fully expect it to be Buena Vista/Disney since they have all the rest of digimon now). In which case, home video/DVD seems unlikely.

They're sure taking their sweet ass time with the anime if it's the case. All previous seasons had dub premiers 4-5 months after the japanese premier. Not after the series has been over in Japan for half a year.
Old 2006-03-26, 01:24   Link #54
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

DATS, genius.

There's a good chance it's already licensed by Buena Vista/Disney since they have all the Digimon series now. It's just a matter of time before it shows up on its Jetix lineup alongside Power Rangers.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 01:51   Link #55
Guido

It happened.

The full trailer for Digimon Savers.

It lasts for over 60 seconds worth of footage, and it got me hooked up looking forward to watch this new Digimon series.

Two things that I could note were:
1) The Digimon partners to the Chosen ones are able to put a good fight against a Champion level Digimon even in their Rookie forms.

2) The evolution sequence looks sort of a Materialise Digievolution striking a wonderful blend going from CGI to 2-D animation that almost looks like photorealism.

Just one week away for Digimon Savers to come out.
Old 2006-03-26, 03:23   Link #56
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta
DATS, genius.

There's a good chance it's already licensed by Buena Vista/Disney since they have all the Digimon series now. It's just a matter of time before it shows up on its Jetix lineup alongside Power Rangers.
You know, I'm quite interested in that, because if they were intent on continuing to put forward digimon, I would have thought that Digital Monster X-Evolution would have come out by now seeing as how they started rapid releaseing all the remaining movies last fall. But I haven't at all heard about anyone actually licensing that movie, let alone intentions to dub it ever.

And unfortunatly, I can't completely trust that site's news release. As someone on one of the digimon boards I visit pointed out recently, there's also an article that came out last year a little after X-Evolution had it's TV broadcast stating that it was going to be followed up by a pure CGI (in the X-Evolution style) anime series to see US broadcast in 2006, which was only hopeful fan rumours, not hard fact (and, clearly not the case now).

Have to admit, I was a bit surprised when I saw they'd put in the entire evolution sequence into the preview.
Old 2006-04-01, 20:01   Link #57
Guido

The spring season begins

It's here at last. Savers episode one has already aired in Japan.

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-19 at 11:10. Reason: Link to that webpage expired.
Old 2006-04-01, 22:20   Link #58
michiru

Hahaha! Human vs digimon! I never expected it.
michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 00:35   Link #59
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow, I see Agumon's evolution line!!! Cool!!!
Old 2006-04-02, 02:44   Link #60
jpwong

Wasn't a bad episode, have to admit, Agumon's voice wasn't exactly what I'd been expecting.

Tags
digimon, toei