AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 01:03   Link #21
Ichimaru

Its called bleach because ichigos hair was black n he bleached it orange
Old 2006-01-03, 01:13   Link #22
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Send a message via Skype™ to eLcHaKeTeRo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru
Its called bleach because ichigos hair was black n he bleached it orange

i dont think that he bleached it orange....unless he got hold of some peroxide when he was an infant
Old 2006-01-03, 03:24   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think that the reason for the "" was because he knows that he was being silly. We all know that Ichigo's hair is naturally that color. It was made pretty clear.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:24   Link #24
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousuke
I don't know why it's called Bleach.....because they're "bleaching out" the bad spirits?
Bah...when my older cousin asked me why the show was called Bleach I gave him the exact same answer, and he looked at me like I was crazy or something :|

*sigh* Though u were probably kidding, I was entirely serious
Souzouryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:35   Link #25
Eclipze

Well, at least the random name + good storyline +action makes it a fan magnet
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:26   Link #26
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Its named bleach because the author wanted to name it bleach.

Simple as that.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:35   Link #27
Mousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
Bah...when my older cousin asked me why the show was called Bleach I gave him the exact same answer, and he looked at me like I was crazy or something :|

*sigh* Though u were probably kidding, I was entirely serious
Meh, in any case the title doesn't really matter...it's better than "Supernatural Shinigami" or "Death God Ichigo" or "Full Metal Death God" I like the title "Bleach"; it's quick, it's snappy, and it's contemporary. Although it's a random name, it sums up the feeling of the series pretty nicely. ^_~
Mousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:43   Link #28
IchiNiiSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoiMidori
i wondered why it was bleach lots of time..
but did ichigo really bleached his hair?? i don't remember watching or noticing it in the anime.. and i didn't read the manga..
blah, I doubt it, especially since he said "if I really cared what anybody thought about me I would of dyed my hair black along time ago."
IchiNiiSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:02   Link #29
青和紙
Aowashi

Send a message via AIM to 青和紙
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousuke
I don't know why it's called Bleach.....because they're "bleaching out" the bad spirits?
I like this explanation best. It really does make sense - especially since Shinigami "purify" Hollows.
青和紙 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:06   Link #30
IchiNiiSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 青和紙
I like this explanation best. It really does make sense - especially since Shinigami "purify" Hollows.
In all honesty I think it's a combination of things, it's true kubo liked nirvana, he admitted it, so that album could have had alot to do with him naming the show bleach, and they also bleach their souls, and all that stuff, it's probably alot of things together that made him go "this makes the most sense"
Old 2006-01-03, 23:43   Link #31
SladeX

I always thought it was called bleach because Ichigo coming from a white mom and jap dad had orange hair that looked like it was "bleached". Ichigo's growing pains about his hair is kinda reminiscent of post WW2 japan where these ameri-japanese kids were picked on/segregated due to their american heritage and identified by their "bleached" hair...

Sounds plausible eh?
SladeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 03:46   Link #32
Morisato

Isn't it obvious? His hair is bleached.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 04:04   Link #33
Grees
Ehhh

I got another explanation, maybe the maker was really, and i mean really addicted to this stuff, he may wants to marry it and have children with it, even have dreams about it:
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 05:37   Link #34
real folk blues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeX
I always thought it was called bleach because Ichigo coming from a white mom and jap dad had orange hair that looked like it was "bleached". Ichigo's growing pains about his hair is kinda reminiscent of post WW2 japan where these ameri-japanese kids were picked on/segregated due to their american heritage and identified by their "bleached" hair...

Sounds plausible eh?
i didn't know about the whole segregation thing..that's why i couldn't understand why people would pick on ichigo simply because his hair was orange..
the first sentence i don't really understand..but if what i read is what you meant..isn't isshin a brunette? and isn't masaki a jap name?
ever wondered..ichigo has orange hair, karin has black hair, yuzu is a blonde.. is kurosaki masaki really in heaven?
Old 2006-01-04, 10:33   Link #35
SladeX

I figure the whole hair color issue with the kids is due to the fact Kubo's NOT a genetic expert and just assumed if you got a white mom, you got all the colors of the rainbow available lol

Today is a different outlook on people as you got crazy hairstyles all over and western concepts being "slipped" in to normal japanese society... one only needs to see all the engrish all over Tokyo to get an idea of what's going on there. I suppose when Kubo was growing up, he saw the last remnants of that kind of segregation disappearing.

Either way, it makes for a good shounen type hero because despite his upbringing he's a good person...
SladeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 14:32   Link #36
Clarste
Human

Edit: Ah, nevermind. There's no point.

Last edited by Clarste; 2006-01-04 at 15:12.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:18   Link #37
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeX
I figure the whole hair color issue with the kids is due to the fact Kubo's NOT a genetic expert and just assumed if you got a white mom, you got all the colors of the rainbow available lol

Today is a different outlook on people as you got crazy hairstyles all over and western concepts being "slipped" in to normal japanese society... one only needs to see all the engrish all over Tokyo to get an idea of what's going on there. I suppose when Kubo was growing up, he saw the last remnants of that kind of segregation disappearing.

Either way, it makes for a good shounen type hero because despite his upbringing he's a good person...
it's genetically possible to have light colored hair from parents with dark colored hair.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 19:33   Link #38
青和紙
Aowashi

Send a message via AIM to 青和紙
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
i didn't know about the whole segregation thing..that's why i couldn't understand why people would pick on ichigo simply because his hair was orange..
the first sentence i don't really understand..but if what i read is what you meant..isn't isshin a brunette? and isn't masaki a jap name?
ever wondered..ichigo has orange hair, karin has black hair, yuzu is a blonde.. is kurosaki masaki really in heaven?
If you look at Japan, they tend to pride themselves on their purity as a nation and a people. Japan, as of 2000, is 99.4% Japanese, with no significant immigration or emigration fluxuations. They have stringent immigration regulations (MUCH more than the US), and they've never had a serious problem with illegal immigration (they're an island, go figure). So, if there were really a Japanese boy (half or full) with that kind of hair in today's high school system, it would make total sense that he would stick out and be persecuted against to a certain extent. Just like in the US with Political orientation coming from one's family during middle and high school, it seems natural that certain "resentment" toward Americans and American influence might be filtered down to today's generation of Japanese (although I really doubt it, unless a family REALLY hated America).
青和紙 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 23:44   Link #39
IchiNiiSan

Omg People Stop Saying It's Because His Hair Is Bleached His Hair Isn't Fucking Bleached Gahhh.
Old 2006-01-05, 00:13   Link #40
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiNiiSan
Omg People Stop Saying It's Because His Hair Is Bleached His Hair Isn't Fucking Bleached Gahhh.
It's because his hair LOOKS LIKE it has been bleached.

There are too many reasons to call the show Bleach. While everyone has their favorites, it is clear that the mangaka just took it as his theme and then threw in as many different examples of Bleaching as he could. Otherwise why are there so many good reasons?

The color of Ichigo's hair and the bleaching of Rukia's robes both appear in episode 1. That's pretty good evidence that he didn't have a single reason because he knew people would be looking for the meaning of the name in the first chapter. When more than 1 reason was found in that first chapter he had to know it would keep people guessing. Obviously he meant that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote