AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-15, 04:42   Link #101
chutup
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I know it is related to his hair colour but I have another theory about it as well. I remember some of the first episodes had scenes with black stuff creeping through Hueco Mundo, turning the white sand dark. Perhaps Ichigo has to 'bleach' this darkness from the world?

Also, it's just a cool word. Like, nobody ever thought of it that way before, because it relates to something so common, but it is does actually sound really cool. I'm thinking maybe Kubo Tite heard that word and didn't know what it meant but he thought it sounded cool, then he found out later...
chutup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 07:53   Link #102
magenet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
i thought it was called bleach because all hollow mask are white and when ichigo hollow comes out he looks all bleached out white shinigami outfit whitish hair and so on.
magenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 22:54   Link #103
Kittie Rose
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Maybe the entire series is a peroxide induced fantasy?

But yeah, that is the exact shade you get when you bleach black hair and don't quite get it blonde, it even reacts to light the same way, I doubt it's not on purpose. I guess the fact that it's not actually bleached, just looks like it is, is meant to be amusing to some bizarre way to Japanese people who are fascinated by blondes(Did you know every Nintendo female went from brown to blonde at some point? And also, they have serious trouble telling the difference between light red and blonde?) since they don't have anything remotely close to it naturally. I guess being born with hair that can only occur unnaturally is a way of signifying a character is weird.

You can get Orihime's colour from bleaching black hair too. Most people hate bleached orange but you can get some pretty shades.

Last edited by Kittie Rose; 2007-03-17 at 23:53.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:00   Link #104
Kittie Rose
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
Its named bleach because the author wanted to name it bleach.


Simple as that.
These replies really suck, WHY did he want to name it bleach?

Maybe he had a reason, maybe he didn't. But the likelihood is, he did. It doesn't make you any smart or mature for saying OH THERE'S NO REASON OR MEANING TO ANYTHING IT'S JUST CALLED THAT, it just looks stupid. If you don't care about why it's called Bleach, then get out of the topic and let other people enjoy their speculation.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 00:35   Link #105
shenzu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Because he looked at a Mr. Clean brand bleach when he thought of Ikkaku;s design
shenzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 18:27   Link #106
zwolf
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
i think it is because ichgo kills or in a way bleach them of their evils
zwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 20:34   Link #107
Kenpachiisawesome271
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Soul Society
theory as to why Bleach is called bleach

my friends and i were watching bleach when the question came up. we were wondering and my one friend came up with the theory that its called bleach because Bleach drains the color of something, thusly turning it white and white is the symbol of purity. Since soul society acts like a heaven of sorts, white could symbolize soul society. thats the theory my friend came up with.
__________________
Playing is more important, you can work anytime
Kenpachiisawesome271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 00:33   Link #108
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Age: 30
Send a message via Skype™ to eLcHaKeTeRo
i have another theory, and its that people dont read this thread before posting.
__________________
eLcHaKeTeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 03:31   Link #109
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Around
Age: 25
5 bucks says Kubo doesn't speak English and doesn't even know what "Bleach" means. Kinda like how you see people with random chinese characters tattooed on them saying "water" or something abstract.
UnderscoreX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 13:10   Link #110
adevilinthedark
Bankai Master
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to adevilinthedark
Supposedly its called "Soul Cleanser" in Japanese. We changed it to bleach cuz "Soul Cleanser" is a crappy show name here. Thats what I heard at least.
__________________
"Fighting together with your soul slayer" is a line for a sickly loser bitch who can't fight with his own damn skills! It ain't a line for you or I, Ichigo!!!'

"Sanity? I don't remember having such a thing to begin with."
adevilinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 01:32   Link #111
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Look behind you...
Bleach for the colour of the hollow masks? Ichigo gets a hollow mask so he... 'bleaches' himself, in that sense?
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 02:53   Link #112
ichirukiforever
shinigami
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevilinthedark View Post
Supposedly its called "Soul Cleanser" in Japanese. We changed it to bleach cuz "Soul Cleanser" is a crappy show name here. Thats what I heard at least.
i think i read somewhere else that bleach is japanese for the word "soul" and that is what the anime/manga is mainly about
ichirukiforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 15:27   Link #113
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
This is like the umpteeth thread I've seen this question being asked. Mods should consider making a separate sticky for just this question alone.

To answer the originator's question:

Bleach can mean both Ichigo's bleached hair as well as the shinigami's job of "bleaching" the sins of the Hollows and sending them to Soul Society.

afaik Shinigami do not send Hollow to soul society, they are sent to Hueco Mundo...clean souls go to SS...just what I recall watching on the eps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachiisawesome271 View Post
my friends and i were watching bleach when the question came up. we were wondering and my one friend came up with the theory that its called bleach because Bleach drains the color of something, thusly turning it white and white is the symbol of purity. Since soul society acts like a heaven of sorts, white could symbolize soul society. thats the theory my friend came up with.

Actually in asian culture at least when I lived in Japan...Black was the color of purity and life...white means death and bad fortune...
__________________
LONG LIVE AMAGAI SHUSUKE
Mitsuomi1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 17:23   Link #114
BleachAddict
Hitokiri
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Actually in asian culture at least when I lived in Japan...Black was the color of purity and life...white means death and bad fortune...
The Chinese, i think even Koreans, wear White during funerals. not really sure about bad fortune though, white is still considered as puritiy in asian culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichirukiforever View Post
i think i read somewhere else that bleach is japanese for the word "soul" and that is what the anime/mnga is mainly about
the bad-subbed Bleach episodes i watched earlier during my career as a Bleachfangurl , Shinigami was subbed as Bleach - i was so weirded out with that. Its wrong.
BleachAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 19:08   Link #115
LeminLyme
I am a Fruity Mofo'
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halibels Bedroom
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme Send a message via Skype™ to LeminLyme
Rawr. Ichigo's original hair colour was black, but Kubo bleached it during the creation process. =P

Mitsoumi, the hollows slayn by zanpakutou are purfied and reborn in SS. Dunno about the color purities tho.
__________________
hi
LeminLyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 19:10   Link #116
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 26
This will all be answered soon. Someone with contacts in BA actually interviewed Kubo and while she has to keep things quiet until the magazine she works for publishes it, she did say Kubo told her why it's called Bleach.
__________________
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 19:41   Link #117
LeminLyme
I am a Fruity Mofo'
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halibels Bedroom
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme Send a message via Skype™ to LeminLyme
Ten bucks on "Just 'Cuz"
__________________
hi
LeminLyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 22:52   Link #118
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeminLyme View Post
Mitsoumi, the hollows slayn by zanpakutou are purfied and reborn in SS. Dunno about the color purities tho.
? really? Then how do hollow end up in Hueco Mundo to begin with if they are not sent there by Shinigami?? There is SS/Hueco Mundo and then there is Heaven and Hell these are facts of the Beach world...I seem to recall when Rukia was explaining this to Ichigo she told him that the really bad ones end up as Hollow because of some attachment, pain or just being a bad mofo...some are cleansed as you say but then some go to Hueco Mundo...unless I am mistaken...and it is possible as I am not always right...but some references to specific eps would help me out so I can make sure I am not saying incorrect things
__________________
LONG LIVE AMAGAI SHUSUKE
Mitsuomi1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 03:47   Link #119
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cambridge, UK
Maybe KT drank a whole big bottle of bleach and got the idea for bleach.
Or maybe we can use the ancient cop out: 'KT moves in mysterious ways'
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 10:51   Link #120
nozomi vamp
Big guns, small brains
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: where ever my food is
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Don't think he bleached his hair, Ichigo said he was born that way, which explains why he gets picked on by bullies and teachers in the past, and why he toughened himself up into the young man he is prior to meeting Rukia.
yea he didn't bleach his hair but if you look he is only person in the school with orange hair everyone else is black or brown. so he's "bleached" from everyone else.
nozomi vamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.