AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-13, 07:18   Link #1
PastGrandKnight
Grand Knight of the Past

Talking Artsy anime? (and a bit about myself!)

Hello. I'm no stranger to the anime world and to get it out of the way, I prefer original Japanese audio with subs. However, I've been out of the loop for a bit and I dont know whats good anymore. Here's some things I like (please dont make fun! Just my personal taste!): X(TV), ALL GUNDAM (except G-Gundam...), Hellsing, Witch Hunter Robin, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga, DBZ (yah yah, but the Japanese version grew on me and its been with me for years...), and that should give you an idea. I feel like getting something with good art and an in depth story. Not so much comedy. Thanks for any help!
Old 2003-12-13, 09:00   Link #2
Tboz

Shingetsutan Tsukihime should be the one for you, a dark, serious and intriguing series about vampires and half-demons with good action sequences. Its currently at episode 9 now, available in fansub and is going to finish soon.
Old 2003-12-13, 11:27   Link #3
mono no aware

shingetsutan tsukihime
gunslinger girl
100 stories (kousetsu hyaku monogatari)
hitsuji no uta (ova)
Old 2003-12-13, 13:56   Link #4
Aquillion

In addition to everything mentioned above:
Kino no Tabi ~The Beautiful World~ (though it's licensed and not available in English yet outside of fansubs, you should watch it when you can.)
Texhnolyze (ditto)
Old 2003-12-13, 19:27   Link #5
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Scrapped Princess set in setting much like Escaflowne. Fantasy with some high technology. The entire series is already subbed and waiting for download!
Noir Licensed. It's about two assasins. Kind of episodic at first like Witch Hunter Robin but deals with crime and killing people like Cowboy Bebop.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 2003-12-14, 03:11   Link #6
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion
Kino no Tabi
yeah this one is really really good ... but as said, it's already been licensed.

noir is kind of like gunslinger girl, but the ending is very sad.
Old 2003-12-14, 03:47   Link #7
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
well ZZ is available its a gundam series that still isn't licensed....somewhere. I personally don't like it but you might *note the animation is old style....

lets see you should also check out planetes its a really good anime I think its got 8.5/10 for reviews. its about space, but not too far from now so its realistic and it doesn't have a whole lot of comedy. It has a little here and there, but its good stuff.

PS you like Excel Saga, but you don't like comedy??? that whole show was comedy....
Old 2003-12-14, 05:43   Link #8
PastGrandKnight
Grand Knight of the Past

First off, let me thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I saw the first episode of Tsukihime just now and fell in love. Its like you guys knew exactly what I was looking for. Oh, I said I like Excel Saga, but at the moment, I'm not looking for a comedy. I do enjoy funny anime, but I appreciate ones with ponderous stories. I downloaded one episode of each you mentioned, thanks for helping me get back into the swing of things! I'll be back!
Closed Thread