AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Utawarerumono

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-04-19, 18:28   Link #201
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I'm tempted to buy the game .... its a bit pricey but at least its an RPG wrapped around a story, unlike the simpler novel games.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 18:30   Link #202
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
I say buy it, and even if you don't play it much - its still good to have on your shelf. ^^;
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 18:39   Link #203
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'm tempted to buy the game .... its a bit pricey but at least its an RPG wrapped around a story, unlike the simpler novel games.

Im not sure its an RPG.

The version of this game I tried really only one thing to do: click left mouse button.
Not really a "game" per se.

(otoh, its much like diablo- click repeatedly and things happen)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 19:35   Link #204
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
It is essentially a novel-type game, with some choices as to where you go for the day, etc. but do not have any bearing on the outcome of the story. Inside this game is buried 29 battles, which are SRPG in style. The only way to lose the game is to die in a battle and not retry. If you are unsure about the game, wait for the PS2 version, as it will remove the mostly useless H scenes, add voice, and add tweaks/changes to the battle system.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:21   Link #205
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
of course, that implies I own any console systems.... but I saw an article about running a PS2 game under linux --- that may prove interesting.

I'm ambivalent about any H scenes, but the PC game doesn't have voice acting?
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 20:45   Link #206
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I promise not to comment on any more eps until I've seen it without being distracted
What's the fun of that?
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 22:22   Link #207
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I think Eruru is shown as having romantic feelings for Hakuoro. It may be being hinted that Aruru has such feelings, too. Doesn't she call him "Father" because he's the "father" of the cub, and she the mother? This could be like when couples call each other "otousan" and "okaasan".
Somehow I just don't see right now,

Aruruu: Daddy, will you help make another cub with me?



Don't say it. Don't say it.

For Hakuoro, sees Aruruu as probably either just cute,.. maybe also as like a father to her. Aruruu, maybe just being cute. But that's Aruruu -- cuteness.

/Somebody grab that damned cat already!
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 23:33   Link #208
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Good lord, man... never had a little girl insist you sit down and "play house" with her? (all the stuffed animals are the kids, you're the dad --- then most of it consists of the little girl bossing you around about "things that need to be done around the house") ... often you learn more about the day-to-day of her parent's daily conversation than you wanted to know

Aruruu may have a little girl's "crush on Dad" with Hakuoro being substituted, but thats about the extent of it ... he's kind of clueless about little kids though other than "be nice to them".

Eruruu seems to have more mature motives skittering around just below her consciousness.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 01:25   Link #209
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Good lord, man... never had a little girl insist you sit down and "play house" with her? (all the stuffed animals are the kids, you're the dad --- then most of it consists of the little girl bossing you around about "things that need to be done around the house") ... often you learn more about the day-to-day of her parent's daily conversation than you wanted to know
No. But probably just not that old yet.

/Green² is then seen grabbing the cat, where they run away as Vexx throws random objects in retaliation.

Quote:
Aruruu may have a little girl's "crush on Dad" with Hakuoro being substituted, but thats about the extent of it ... he's kind of clueless about little kids though other than "be nice to them".
Possible. -I think I did see Aruruu blush at some point after during that scene. But I'm guessing that this will last longer than just some one day game.

Last edited by Green²; 2006-04-20 at 02:00. Reason: Damned typos
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 02:02   Link #210
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
The way I see thing is ... Here we have a little girl who have lost her father ... Then, some unknown guy happened to betaken home and cared by her closest family and that guy even get to wear their lost father's clothing .. Of course the girl get confused (or sad, or angry) as this new guy seems to be replacing her father .. What more, her only sister seems to take a liking with this guy as well .. Then came this cub incident, the whole town are against her, suddenly, this guy came to her rescue, siding with her to defend what seems precious to her (the cub) and a whiole new side of this guy just been shown to her and she finally can accept this new guy as her father (maybe even see her father's kind side in this guy).

I probably cant say this trough out the series.. but the cub is damn cute =3
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 03:59   Link #211
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
So from what I've been reading, let me summarize. With regard to Aruruu calling Hakuoro "otousan" there may be two possible inferences made. (1) She finally accepts Hakuoro as taking the place of her dead father, accepts Hakuoro as a father figure. (2) What some others have been saying, how Aruruu views Hakuoro as father of her family, the family consisting of Aruruu (mother), Cub (baby) and Hakuoro (Otousan). *pls correct me if I'm wrong*

My view: I prefer seeing it as (1), but I don't deny that number (2) is equally plausible. I don't know if the guys (or the gals, for that matter) here notice that these sort of fantasies (innocent fantasies, mind you) tend to occur to girls that age? Don't flame me, I've observed it for real several times.

@KiNa: I don't know.. I think he's too fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Aruruu: Daddy, will you help make another cub with me?
Daddy: *touched* I felt... as if I was happy.
Aruruu: *whips out playdoh set*
Daddy: Nani?? -.-

Last edited by Lost; 2006-04-20 at 04:12.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 04:12   Link #212
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
So from what I've been reading, let me summarize. With regard to Aruruu calling Hakuoro "otousan" there may be two possible inferences made. (1) She finally accepts Hakuoro as taking the place of her dead father, accepts Hakuoro as a father figure. (2) What some others have been saying, how Aruruu views Hakuoro as father of her family, the family consisting of Aruruu (mother), Cub (baby) and Hakuoro (Otousan). *pls correct me if I'm wrong*

My view: I prefer seeing it as (1), but I don't deny that number (2) is equally plausible. I don't know if the guys (or the gals, for that matter) here notice that these sort of fantasies (innocent fantasies, mind you) tend to occur to girls that age? Don't flame me, I've observed it for real several times.
The game supports the first conclusion. Some other people who have played the game also felt it odd that they decided to do this in the anime, since the juxtaposition makes it kind of ambiguous what Aruruw means. In the game, Hakuoro gets his name earlier on, and Aruruw gets on friendly terms with him earlier on because he offered help with Aruruw's honeycomb obsession.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 04:17   Link #213
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Aruruw's honeycomb obsession.
Oh that sounds interesting.. Care to elaborate?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 04:59   Link #214
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Oh that sounds interesting.. Care to elaborate?
?! Animation opener. Maybe they'll go into something more at an later point.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 07:23   Link #215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
I was just trying to remember.. but my minds gone completely empty - can anymore think of some anime shows that had a younger girl calling an adult there father?

I wouldn't mind seeing how it plays out, in terms with Haruoko & Aruruu.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 07:33   Link #216
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
^ My Otome =x
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 07:37   Link #217
lavielove
...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
She called her otosan for two kinds of reason actually.One is a otaku trap.Really sad to say that,but that's true.Another one is Hakuoro resembled to her father,(may be)who knows? But I'm pretty enjoying with both of the reasons.The last time we saw this kind of relationship was in Shimigami no Ballad episode 1.

I think that's a popular trends in these days.If a girl gets a pet she will likely to find the guy to take care of the pet (together). That's really complicated and I don't understand that kind of feeling but seeing more than one or more times becoming a factor that I'm being aware of.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 07:56   Link #218
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
I think that's a popular trends in these days.If a girl gets a pet she will likely to find the guy to take care of the pet (together). That's really complicated and I don't understand that kind of feeling but seeing more than one or more times becoming a factor that I'm being aware of.
Its a trend? o_o Gosh!! I thought I was the only victim -_- because I know no one else in my immidiate circle suffers it -_-

Anyway as much as I love cats, I still hate to take care Persian daily needs (much less a pair) -_- . And I just send them to their mummy's house next door for bathing
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 08:40   Link #219
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Spoiler for Aruruu with the cub. Speculation of how. From point Ep.2:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 08:59   Link #220
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Spoiler for Aruruu with the cub. Speculation of how. From point Ep.2:
Sorry I cant quite understand your post, did you write it when you were tired? Are you trying to say that Multikapa got so pissed because someone in the village took her cub?
Spoiler for reply:
edit: whoops. spoiler tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
?! Animation opener. Maybe they'll go into something more at an later point.
Oh yeah.. So that was honey..

Last edited by Lost; 2006-04-20 at 09:17. Reason: i hate typos
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.