AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-14, 11:49   Link #41
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
rayearth writes:
if you want to see Kazuki hook up with Mizuki that bad, go play the game.

Oh god, please don't be like kj1980 and spout out that quote every time someone is interested in further plot development ...
Well, you know, if you're going to watch a OVA specifically aimed at fans of the game, it makes pretty good sence to refer people back to the game if they're missing something. I mean, no casual person will buy the OVA (its the way ova's are), only people who are fans of the game (Or very large fans of the show) would buy it. Its like many other bishoujo game to OVA's... they usually leave out lots of the stuff that was covered in the game.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 12:45   Link #42
GipFace

Puni puni!

doddler writes:
I mean, no casual person will buy the OVA

No casual person would buy the game, either. Therefore, telling a casual person to play the game when there is no chance of that person understanding it is pointless.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 12:52   Link #43
Sailordareone2300
Sailor Mercury Lover

i loved the seires alot I watched the first episode of the oav it was great
Don't know why they had to had a new girl the first one's were ok
Sailordareone2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 13:34   Link #44
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailordareone2300
i loved the seires alot I watched the first episode of the oav it was great
Don't know why they had to had a new girl the first one's were ok
Japanese marketing tactics.

Several softhouses (but not all) may decide to add new characters when their erogame-for-the-PC goes consumer-console.

In past reference, Leaf/Aquaplus has done that to two of their console-transitioned games: "To Heart" and "Comic Party." Whereas in "To Heart," the PC game actually featured Kurusugawa Ayaka, you could not "get" her (although if you break into the graphics using Susie, there does exist a ero-scene of Ayaka). In the PS version, Kurusugawa Ayaka became a character that you can "hook up" with. On the other hand, in "Comic Party" PC version, Mikage Subaru never existed. She was added into the Dreamcast version as a new character after the people at Leaf/Aquaplus (and from questions/suggestions from fans) thought throughly that in the game you have:

A. Two experienced doujinshi artists (Inagawa Yui and Ooba Eimi)
B. One bad-selling doujinshi artist (Hasebe Aya)
C. A cosplayer (Haga Reiko)
D. A Comipa staff member (Makimura Minami)
E. A printing publisher (Tsukamoto Chisa)
F. A doujinshi fan/seiyuu (Sakurai Asahi)
G. Your "patron" (Tachikawa Ikumi)
H. Your childhood friend (Takase Mizuki)

What's missing? You start off in the game as an inexperienced doujinshi artist. Why not add a girl who is also starting her first doujinshi as well? Thank you, Aquaplus. Another 8000 yen goes to you. pagyu~
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 13:45   Link #45
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Oh god, please don't be like kj1980 and spout out that quote every time someone is interested in further plot development ...
You see, the problems with his request for a Mizuki + Kazuki story were:

1. Nobody has any idea about what's going on to happen in the 2nd episode, hence no guarentees for his ending

2. The original TV series didn't have much of a Mizuki + Kazuki ending either, although Kazuki most indeed showed most affection towards Mizuki. However, I think anyone who has seen the end of the TV series would agree it "ended without an ending"

3. I'm not sure how the story of the Manga goes, so once again, no guarentees

Now, that's all the places where you can get the "official" story - besides the game itself - knocked out, so what's left to be said if you want a Mizuki + Kazuki story so badly? Play the game :P
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 00:45   Link #46
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I understand how Shift_ and GipFace feel though...a lot of anime series (especially anything with a lot of girls) have somewhat annoying "non-endings" where it's not completely definite who the protagonist winds up with (look at Tenchi for example...who now that I think of it had the same seiyuu as Kazuki). I'd rather see a real ending, for example like the Pia Carrot 2DX anime--but maybe once the manga's done Comic Party will get a more conclusive finish based on that, who knows.

By the way, does anyone know if Subaru's "desu no" has any particular meaning? I know it's mainly to be kawaii like Misha's "-'su", but I remember hearing "desuwa" on the end of each sentence is something stereotypically rich girls do, so wondered if there's any connotation like that attached to "desu no"...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 01:57   Link #47
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
By the way, does anyone know if Subaru's "desu no" has any particular meaning? I know it's mainly to be kawaii like Misha's "-'su", but I remember hearing "desuwa" on the end of each sentence is something stereotypically rich girls do, so wondered if there's any connotation like that attached to "desu no"...
A stereotypical "desuno" connotation would be of someone who is an ottori-kei type person (but not always the case). But in this case, Subaru says "desuno~" so it sounds cute, just like her "pagyu~."
Old 2004-01-15, 01:58   Link #48
Doddler

Quote:
doddler writes:
I mean, no casual person will buy the OVA

No casual person would buy the game, either. Therefore, telling a casual person to play the game when there is no chance of that person understanding it is pointless.
Well, its fairly safe to assume that if you enjoy the show, you'd enjoy the game too. I think thats a pretty valid point

And, for the record, I think the game is aimed at a more casual audience than the OVA... I mean, the show is aimed at people who are willing to shell out $45-$60 US for the one ep. But such is the OVA market, I say.
Old 2004-01-15, 03:35   Link #49
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
And, for the record, I think the game is aimed at a more casual audience than the OVA... I mean, the show is aimed at people who are willing to shell out $45-$60 US for the one ep. But such is the OVA market, I say.
Err, the game actually sells for 5800yen (price is different depending on which version you're buying, the DCE one costs 6800 for instance) which is also around US$60 :P But yes, the OVA is aimed mainly at fans of the game.
Old 2004-01-15, 09:20   Link #50
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I didn't find much to like about the first ep of the OAV. I liked To Heart so I watched Comipa and liked it a lot. I had no idea it was coming out but when I saw the torrent I grabbed the ep.

The OAV just seemed to be crowding in the old characters squeezing the new one in. I like the characters but I already know them, so watching them do little 30-second shticks is kind of weak. I thought the songs for the TV show were better than the new ones.

Kazuki was funnier in the TV show when he wasn't sure about getting into the whole manga trip. Now that he is just cranking out dojinshi he is a bore.

Although there is a hue and cry for some Kazuki X Mizuki stuff they already seem to be acting like a couple, as in the whole thing where he gets a beating. I don't see where that could have come off in the TV show. Mizuki was cuter when she was still trying.

I am not trying to convince people that the show sucks; on the contrary I would encourage people to get the TV show if they think it is worthwhile for them.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 13:49   Link #51
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I am not trying to convince people that the show sucks; on the contrary I would encourage people to get the TV show if they think it is worthwhile for them.
The huge contrast you see between the OVA and the TV series is because the OVA has a story that follows the game more closely. I'm not saying the game has a boring story, but this OVA was made really to please those who played the game (hence the crowded characters and some not even getting more than a split second shot of her back and flash in the opening video) and wanted to see something that stuck more to its original.

It's not so much a new story or the characters doing different things fans are after (although those would be nice too), but to see them get animated and hear them again after so many years of playing the game.
Old 2004-01-15, 17:57   Link #52
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
The huge contrast you see between the OVA and the TV series is because the OVA has a story that follows the game more closely. I'm not saying the game has a boring story, but this OVA was made really to please those who played the game (hence the crowded characters and some not even getting more than a split second shot of her back and flash in the opening video) and wanted to see something that stuck more to its original.

It's not so much a new story or the characters doing different things fans are after (although those would be nice too), but to see them get animated and hear them again after so many years of playing the game.
I am aware that most OAVs are not that easy to enjoy without fulfilling certain conditions before watching it, but I didn't bother getting into that. The TV show worked for me because I didn't have to know about the game or be up on the whole doujinshi phenomenon to enjoy it.

Another thing about the TV series is that it has a really interesting theme. All the other characters look out for Kazuki (and Mizuki). They are all being good sempai. The TV show gets a nice feeling from that, and it's missing here.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-05-13 at 11:36.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 22:56   Link #53
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
A stereotypical "desuno" connotation would be of someone who is an ottori-kei type person (but not always the case). But in this case, Subaru says "desuno~" so it sounds cute, just like her "pagyu~."
What is an ottori-kei type person?
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 10:45   Link #54
Tenkawa_Shiro

game

Speaking of the game, is there anyone who knows a site where I could download the pc version of comic party (bittorrent would be great)? I've heard that there was a pc version made after the dreamcast version.
Tenkawa_Shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 11:45   Link #55
Doddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkawa_Shiro
Speaking of the game, is there anyone who knows a site where I could download the pc version of comic party (bittorrent would be great)? I've heard that there was a pc version made after the dreamcast version.
Do not ask for other illegal materials
Obviously discussions about getting any other illegal materials, such as Ripped Music CDs (such as Anime OSTs), ROMs, ISOs, Warez etc. are not allowed either. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.
Read the damn forum rules. If you want the game, import from a legit store like himeya.
Old 2004-01-20, 21:32   Link #56
JLS

Send a message via AIM to JLS
I think I'm gonna buy the pc version of comic party, I heard it was good despite the fact that its a h-game.
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 22:26   Link #57
Tenkawa_Shiro

I'll change my question then. Does anyone know an online store besides himeya that would sell the pc version of comic party at its best price or at least with discount?
Tenkawa_Shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 23:14   Link #58
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS
I think I'm gonna buy the pc version of comic party, I heard it was good despite the fact that its a h-game.
A lot of ero-games are good...

But if you are opting for the PC game version, get the one called "Comic Party DCE" released by the Aquaplus division of Leaf. It's basically the Dreamcast version of "Comic Party" reimported back into the PC (so that way you get the additional character, Mikage Subaru).

ComipaDCE: http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/cp/dce.html

or if you have a Dreamcast, get the re-release of the Dreamcast version as it sells for only 3800 yen now.
Old 2004-01-21, 00:07   Link #59
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
But if you are opting for the PC game version, get the one called "Comic Party DCE" released by the Aquaplus division of Leaf. It's basically the Dreamcast version of "Comic Party" reimported back into the PC (so that way you get the additional character, Mikage Subaru).
The DCE is also non-H, if you're (JLS) bothered about it having H content.
Old 2004-04-20, 07:12   Link #60
TronDD
Team the box!

Bringing this post up from the depths as ep 2 should be fansubbed soon. Been waiting for this since I saw the first one. I'm getting anxious.

Miyuki no Tamari says they are just waiting on the encoder.

EDIT:

I just watched the episode. Pretty funny but not nearly as good as the first one. The best part is they revealed there will be another episode.

Was there some sort of beach trip in the game? I thought it odd there was no doujinshi or conventions in the episode at all.

Last edited by TronDD; 2004-04-27 at 13:11.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote