AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-11, 20:01   Link #41
Ahiko
つづけ

I like Doremi's work with the quick releases and some translations. (Their Otome translations like "Sapphire of Heaven" as opposed to "Blue Jewel of the Heavens" from StaticSubs.) I've been familiar with StaticSubs' work since Mai Hime and I really enjoyed their work. When SS makes their Otome release, I usually download it and save it and then recycle the Doremi release. I've had several video errors with the Doremi subs crashing my WinMedia and forcing me to watch on RealPlayer, so I've steered away from saving the Doremi subs in case that were to happen again. I haven't had any file crashes with the Static releases yet.
Old 2006-01-12, 07:48   Link #42
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat
Unfortunately, this is in part result of our effort to get the episode to you by Sat/Sun. The initial airings and raw captures tend not to be of superb quality, and that's what we have to work with. I try to refine them without actually damaging them, though evidently it still ends up being visually inferior to a later raw capture--at least it isn't terrible.

It's a shame I lack the bandwidth to distribute the uncompressed versions; they look fantastic.

Actually, being slow is good. I really like the traslation in Doremi.
Old 2006-01-12, 18:06   Link #43
lordneon
The pirate master!

imo ss have too many projects going on they cant concentrate on a few.

[Doremi-fansubs] distro
Old 2006-01-23, 20:38   Link #44
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Ya Doremi is doing a great job,going to stick wif them even with the frist few eps being off alil *L*
Old 2006-01-23, 21:37   Link #45
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM
Ya Doremi is doing a great job,going to stick wif them even with the frist few eps being off alil *L*
I'm not sure if "v2" is the right word to use here, but the first few eps will be redone eventually. I doubt we'd batch torrent the eps without doing that.
Old 2006-01-24, 17:08   Link #46
ZippyDSM

Starks
*POUNCE and starry eyed*
REALY!??!?!REALY?!?!?!REALY?!?!?!?!?
then mabye I cna put off my rewatching untill a V2 comes out drool *montior and stuff falls on him* mew? 0_o
Old 2006-01-24, 17:14   Link #47
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yes. Really. If I remember where I put the op/ed karaoke scripts and remember what mistaeks we made way back in episode 1-4...

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-01-24, 17:27   Link #48
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... are it that hard to take the karaoke scripts your using at the moment and replug into the old ones
Old 2006-01-24, 17:39   Link #49
ZippyDSM

ACK!! *drooling all over desk*
:P
Old 2006-01-24, 18:20   Link #50
KiraDouji

Well, if you're having problems with the quality do to the amount of compression needed... have you tried x264? >> << *Shameless pimp*

- Kira
Old 2006-01-24, 18:56   Link #51
Anime Adoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafo
IMHO, Doremi is doing a fine job with Otome, if thier only problems are with the spelling of some words that never belonged in Japanese anyway ("Shuwarutsu"? "Asuwarudo"?).
I have a translation question (hope this is not too much off topic). "Garderobe", "Meister", and "Schwarz" are legal German words. Garderobe also seems to be an English word. Is there some known consistency behind how Sunrise selects such names?
Old 2006-01-24, 19:30   Link #52
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Garderobe - A medieval restroom, more or less. Clothes, or in this case, "robes," were often kept in garderobes because the awful smell of excretement made the perfect moth repellant. It was the basis for the word "wardrobe." From my understanding, it originates from French and was inserted into the English language as a result of the Norman conquest of Britain.

Schwartz/Schwarz - Black in German. Sounds like "shvarts" when pronounced.

Meister - Master in German.
Old 2006-01-24, 22:14   Link #53
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

The translator for Mai-Otome still believed in Mai-star, but the OST scans proved him wrong.

Who knows, there might be a "counter-proof" with Meister.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-01-24, 23:00   Link #54
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
No. Episode 8 proved it was Meister. The OST scans proved it was Garderobe and not Guarderobe or some other gibberish.

I also believe they intentially called them Meister otome as a direct reference to the series' old tenative name "舞☆MAiD" (Mai Star Maid) due to the similar pronounciations of "Meister" and "Mai Star."
Old 2006-01-25, 10:02   Link #55
Anime Adoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox
No. Episode 8 proved it was Meister. The OST scans proved it was Garderobe and not Guarderobe or some other gibberish.

I also believe they intentially called them Meister otome as a direct reference to the series' old tenative name "舞☆MAiD" (Mai Star Maid) due to the similar pronounciations of "Meister" and "Mai Star."
On that account, what is this "My Otome" vs "Mai Otome" business? According to Sunrise, it should be "My", yet here and elsewhere we always use "Mai".
Old 2006-01-25, 12:04   Link #56
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Adoru
On that account, what is this "My Otome" vs "Mai Otome" business? According to Sunrise, it should be "My", yet here and elsewhere we always use "Mai".
Either Sunrise is adding more wordplay or they're just confused. The kanji before "oto-hime" in the title reads 'Mai' just as it did in "Mai Hime". Perhaps the change to "My" is a reference to the master/otome relationship. Or, perhaps, Sunrise is just messing up.

- Kira
Old 2006-01-25, 12:53   Link #57
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

as far as i remember it is officially Mai Hime ... but they used My Hime as well because it was that people should choose their private favorite Hime
Old 2006-01-25, 14:23   Link #58
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
The translator for Mai-Otome still believed in Mai-star, but the OST scans proved him wrong.

Who knows, there might be a "counter-proof" with Meister.
The japanese wikipedia article for the series uses a completely diferent scheme...

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%88%9E-%E4%B9%99HiME

マイスターオトメ(舞☆乙HiME) (katakana and symbolically)
Old 2006-01-25, 17:21   Link #59
ZippyDSM

Sunrise use's litte word paly and alot of enrish :P
Old 2006-01-27, 10:02   Link #60
starplattinum

I agee that Static was good for Mai-Hime.

But not mean they'll good for Mai-Otome too.

I dunno why Static has a weired translate now.(Maybe they changed translator ^ ^")

But now I think Doremi is the best.
Closed Thread