AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-28, 20:38   Link #121
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
No, you are saying that the only viewpoint that isn't foolish is yours. You are not god nor even Oda so you are not infallible.
No, but if you take it that way, becasue you are sensititve to every little word I am sorry. I was not calling anyone a fool just using it in general. Just look at the facts.

Quote:
Again. Still just simply claiming only your viewpoint can be correct. An action of simply arrogance. You still treat the so-called status of one character being a reflection of strength yet badmouth the status of another without even being able to rebutt when someone brings up actual facts
Arrogance yes, my viewpoint correct no. As I stated way back that my posts are opinions and so are yours and everybody elses becasue you do not state facts either just your opinion. Your posts are not absolute either. I do not downgrade any characters I just do not see them as powerful as others while I am comparing them. Again just my opinions.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 20:47   Link #122
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
No, but if you take it that way, becasue you are sensititve to every little word I am sorry. I was not calling anyone a fool just using it in general. Just look at the facts.
Again, you still have made multiple post where you claim yourself to be infallible. You even commented what a character thinks on a topic as if the character ever commented on it. That's you making stuff up.
Quote:
Arrogance yes, my viewpoint correct no. As I stated way back that my posts are opinions and so are yours and everybody elses becasue you do not state facts either just your opinion. Your posts are not absolute either. I do not downgrade any characters I just do not see them as powerful as others while I am comparing them. Again just my opinions.
Too bad you still clearly don't seem to remember to maintain the mindset. You still put down things as if they were fact where a person ask you where you came up with this supposed info no one else seem to know of where you again solidify as if your opinion was still fact. You had no proof whatsoever about how Shanks thinks about the D family thing. You didn't put that maybe he doesn't care or possibly wouldn't care; you put down that he doesn't care while also putting down after my response that I should ask Shanks again reflecting that you are treating that opinion of yours as fact.

You do degrade other characters when you make up a definition for their position. You defined the position of Supreme Admiral as something you can only get by being a brown noser. That of course conflicts with the given definition from the manga for what it means to be a Supreme Admiral. You claimed that two characters continue to be rivals in swordsmanship yet still have no proof of their rivalry still being a continous occurence and stated that they will fight in the future as if it were fact. Again, you didn't put down most likely they would fight or maybe they will fight. But simply put down an opinion as if it were suppose to happen.

So it remains that you not only put down opinions as if they couldn't be wrong but also accuse others of putting down a viewpoint that clearly they don't have. Accusing me of treating Aokiji as if he were Sengoku had no support whatsoever when I on multiple accounts put down that Aokiji was below that of Sengoku.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 20:59   Link #123
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Again, you still have made multiple post where you claim yourself to be infallible. You even commented what a character thinks on a topic as if the character ever commented on it. That's you making stuff up.
No it is not becasue it is obvious to see. Yoiu are very sensititve Neodrag maybe I should stop posting.

Quote:
You had no proof whatsoever about how Shanks thinks about the D family thing. You didn't put that maybe he doesn't care or possibly wouldn't care; you put down that he doesn't care while also putting down after my response that I should ask Shanks again reflecting that you are treating that opinion of yours as fact.
Once again my opinion, not yours.

Quote:
You do degrade other characters when you make up a definition for their position. You defined the position of Supreme Admiral as something you can only get by being a brown noser. That of course conflicts with the given definition from the manga for what it means to be a Supreme Admiral.
Once again Supreme Admiral is the strongest fighters in the Marines, but I said concerning Smoker that means nothing, it was possible Smoker got Brown nosed out of it possibly becasue of his attitude. Once again my opinion, becasue his powers are just as good as Aokiji's.

Quote:
You claimed that two characters continue to be rivals in swordsmanship yet still have no proof of their rivalry still being a continous occurence and stated that they will fight in the future as if it were fact. Again, you didn't put down most likely they would fight or maybe they will fight. But simply put down an opinion as if it were suppose to happen.
Once rivals always rivals In my opinion. You can not proove if it has stopped or still going on.You actually think that Shanks could not rival mihawk in Swordsmanship just becasue a lost of an arm. If you think it does not go on that is your opinion becasue like me you can not proove anything that shanks can not still rival Mihawk.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 21:08   Link #124
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
No it is not becasue it is obvious to see. Yoiu are very sensititve Neodrag maybe I should stop posting.
And those that disagree with you are just simply fools, huh? Still simply a show of arrogance. You don't call people fools simply because their opinion isn't the same as yours. If you want to stop posting, stop. But of course we both know that isn't gonna happen.
Quote:
Once again my opinion, not yours.
You stated it as a fact. I asked you what proof you have of Shanks not caring about the D thing. Of course you clearly didn't have an answer.
Quote:
Once again Supreme Admiral is the strongest fighters in the Marines, but I said concerning Smoker that means nothing, it was possible Smoker got Brown nosed out of it possibly becasue of his attitude. Once again my opinion, becasue his powers are just as good as Aokiji's.
You didn't seem to comment it as a possibiliy. You didn't put down a maybe until now. And how again are Smoker's ability just as good as Aokiji? Cause it remains Aokiji can do what Smoker can and even more. What thing has Smoker that makes him equal or outnumber what Aokiji can do?
Quote:
Once rivals always rivals In my opinion. You can not proove if it has stopped or still going on.You actually think that Shanks could not rival mihawk in Swordsmanship just becasue a lost of an arm. If you think it does not go on that is your opinion becasue like me you can not proove anything that shanks can not still rival Mihawk.
And since when has rivalry been permenant? I at least have proof in terms of Mihawk clearly saying no to the idea of dueling Shanks and clearly being blunt about Shank's disability. Do you have the clear occurence of them actually still continuing this rivalry? Cause rivalry is not absolutely equal to meaning the same thing as friendship. I didn't put down that Shanks couldn't rival Mihawk because he lost an arm. I simply put down the fact that Mihawk said he didn't want to fight Shanks because he lost his arm. So the difference? I didn't put down that Mihawk could never be rivaled by Shanks; just that the amount of shown evidence of the possibilitiy is lacking more than the opposite.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 21:13   Link #125
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
And those that disagree with you are just simply fools, huh? Still simply a show of arrogance. You don't call people fools simply because their opinion isn't the same as yours. If you want to stop posting, stop. But of course we both know that isn't gonna happen.
Whatever, I love when people disagree. If everyone agreed it would be rather boring.

Quote:
You stated it as a fact. I asked you what proof you have of Shanks not caring about the D thing. Of course you clearly didn't have an answer.
Once again opinion, you are not the phenomenol.

Quote:
You didn't seem to comment it as a possibiliy. You didn't put down a maybe until now. And how again are Smoker's ability just as good as Aokiji? Cause it remains Aokiji can do what Smoker can and even more. What thing has Smoker that makes him equal or outnumber what Aokiji can do?
Does not matter, this is your opinion you have not actually seen them fight have you? If you did tell me the chapter an episode please!

Quote:
I at least have proof in terms of Mihawk clearly saying no to the idea of dueling Shanks and clearly being blunt about Shank's disability.
That is not proof, just talk no action. Did you actually see the two of them fight to see if Shanks disability hinders is skills? I think not.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 21:19   Link #126
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Whatever, I love when people disagree. If everyone agreed it would be rather boring.
Yet you insult people for doing this thing you consider lovable.
Quote:
Once again opinion, you are not the phenomenol.
Yet you brought it up as a response claiming that it shouldn't be possible that Whitebeard and Shanks would talk about the D thing. You didn't put any explanation into how you know that Shanks doesn't care at all about the D thing thus meaning you are treating your opinion as fact.
Quote:
Does not matter, this is your opinion you have not actually seen them fight have you? If you did tell me the chapter an episode please!
How does it not matter? You still haven't prove that Smoker has shown the same number or even higher number of things as that of Aokiji. I simply put down that Aokiji has shown more uses of his ability. And based off the logic you speak of what episode do have where they are fighting? Cause that comment of yours goes both ways.
Quote:
That is not proof, just talk no action. Did you actually see the two of them fight to see if Shanks disability hinders is skills? I think not.
What proof do you have that it is just talk? Mihawk said something and it was followed by them still not fighting. You still are a bit slow on the uptake on this? I didn't say that Shanks disability should hinder his skills. Mihawk did; not me.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 23:02   Link #127
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Back on topic please, Smoker and Aokiji is in the other thread thankyou!

Quote:
What proof do you have that it is just talk?
Because all they did was just talk. They did not fight. How do you know that shanks can not Rival Mihawk in swordsmanship to this day. Like I said you don't becasue they did not fight.

Only data concerning Shanks power is that he rivaled Mihawk, and for that he was considered of having some of the world's top class skills.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 23:16   Link #128
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Back on topic please, Smoker and Aokiji is in the other thread thankyou!
Or just simply you not willing to admit you made a mistake.
Quote:
Because all they did was just talk. They did not fight.
Thanks for reiterating the point. They didn't fight. Shanks challenged Mihawk with Mihawk not showing the least bit of interest in doing so. You don't have proof that there is still a rivalry.
Quote:
How do you know that shanks can not Rival Mihawk in swordsmanship to this day. Like I said you don't becasue they did not fight.
I didn't say Shanks couldn't possibly rival Mihawk. Pay attention when it remains that I'm simply putting down the fact that Mihawk didn't show any interest at all in continuing their supposed rivalry.
Quote:
Only data concerning Shanks power is that he rivaled Mihawk, and for that he was considered of having some of the world's top class skills.
Rivaled, which has an ed at the end noting a past particle. The data you speak of is dated.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 23:37   Link #129
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Or just simply you not willing to admit you made a mistake.

Thanks for reiterating the point. They didn't fight. Shanks challenged Mihawk with Mihawk not showing the least bit of interest in doing so. You don't have proof that there is still a rivalry.

I didn't say Shanks couldn't possibly rival Mihawk. Pay attention when it remains that I'm simply putting down the fact that Mihawk didn't show any interest at all in continuing their supposed rivalry.

Rivaled, which has an ed at the end noting a past particle. The data you speak of is dated.
Listen I just presented a fact to you that they were rivals. You keep stating your opinion that it does not go on anymore.

Here let me give you what Oda says becasue it is a fact.

Anyway, what it says on that page:

本来左ききであるシャンクスはかつて、右の腰に長剣を携えていた。 ミホークとライバルだった 過去からみて も、その剣の実力は世界でもトップクラスだ ったのだろう

"At first, the left-handed Shanks had simply carried his sword on the right side. When he was a rival of Mihawk, he was regarded as having some of the world's top-class skills"

As an addendum to that, Shanks carries a longsword. So you take it how you want it. Shanks is as powerful as Mihawk as the quote is stating.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 06:24   Link #130
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
What part of Mihawk being greater then Shanks do you not get?

Notice how it speaks in the past-tense. He is powerful swordsman, yes. Mihawk is better-simple as that.
If Shanks was on equal fotting with him, It would have been made known by now.
We have seen Shanks twice since the flashbacks.

Why is it so hard for you to accept you are wrong?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 07:55   Link #131
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Listen I just presented a fact to you that they were rivals. You keep stating your opinion that it does not go on anymore.
Again, were.
Quote:
"At first, the left-handed Shanks had simply carried his sword on the right side. When he was a rival of Mihawk, he was regarded as having some of the world's top-class skills"
Again, when he was.
Quote:
As an addendum to that, Shanks carries a longsword. So you take it how you want it. Shanks is as powerful as Mihawk as the quote is stating.
No, the quote states a past rivalry. The quote's format denotes a past tense. You of course are simply jumping to the conclusion that this relationship is continuing but have no evidence that it is.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 09:03   Link #132
shikamarufoo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Wow I just started watching (got up to episode 17) and didn't think Shanks was that strong until I heard about the Episode 45 where Mihawk doesn't even wanna duel him? I've seen Mihawk in the English one where he fights Zolo in the restauraunt place and he seems pretty strong...I can't wait to find out Shanks Real Ability!
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 11:29   Link #133
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarufoo
Wow I just started watching (got up to episode 17) and didn't think Shanks was that strong until I heard about the Episode 45 where Mihawk doesn't even wanna duel him? I've seen Mihawk in the English one where he fights Zolo in the restauraunt place and he seems pretty strong...I can't wait to find out Shanks Real Ability!
Huh? I hope you do find up when actually watching the ep that Mihawk didn't give off that he didn't want to fight out of fear. Shanks challenged him to a duel in a supposed badass tone with Mihawk not showing an ounce of emotion and said that he didn't want to fight someone who only has one arm. Much less that when Shanks made this challenge that it was a matter of him most likely having a hangover when the seen transfers to to the both of them drinking.

So the scene itself doesn't prove that they are rivals. There still is more evidence pointing to them no longer being rivals rather than them continuing such a factor in their relationship. Especially when none of the characters in the manga comment on Shanks when it comes to swordsmanship with Zoro never commenting that he was looking for anyone besides that of Mihawk.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 14:54   Link #134
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
No, the quote states a past rivalry. The quote's format denotes a past tense. You of course are simply jumping to the conclusion that this relationship is continuing but have no evidence that it is.
In my opinion it does not matter if it was a past rivalry, Shanks to this day is probably still the only one who can match Mihawk in swordsmanship, Shanks casually asking Mihawk for a match shows that he has not gotten any weaker but with the disability of his arm Mihawk was not interested in challenging Shanks. That still does not mean that Shanks can strike up a duel again and show Mihawk that his one arm is not a disability. That is the competitve nature in rivals Shanks asked him for a duel out of no where, Mihawk thinking that Shanks lost an arm hinders his skills did not want to fight. I believe Shanks will show Mihawk later that he is as strong with one arm as he was with two. I already know that Mihawks supposedly new rival is Zoro, but I highly doubt he will beat Shanks. I believe that Shanks will Smash Zoro if they fought, hell Zoro is trying to become the world's greatest but he will have to fight Shanks to get that title also.

All I am saying is that Shanks can still match Mihawk to this day in swordsmanship, I am not saying that Shanks beat Mihawk not at all, that is why he is the world's greateset but Shanks was able to tie or equal is skills. Let's just say if
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 15:04   Link #135
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomeno
In my opinion it does not matter if it was a past rivalry, Shanks to this day is probably still the only one who can match Mihawk in swordsmanship, Shanks casually asking Mihawk for a match shows that he has not gotten any weaker but with the disability of his arm Mihawk was not interested in challenging Shanks. That still does not mean that Shanks can strike up a duel again and show Mihawk that his one arm is not a disability.
Nice. I didn't say that it was impossible for Shanks to duel with Mihawk.
Quote:
That is the competitve nature in rivals Shanks asked him for a duel out of no where, Mihawk thinking that Shanks lost an arm hinders his skills did not want to fight. I believe Shanks will show Mihawk later that he is as strong with one arm as he was with two. I already know that Mihawks supposedly new rival is Zoro, but I highly doubt he will beat Shanks. I believe that Shanks will Smash Zoro if they fought, hell Zoro is trying to become the world's greatest but he will have to fight Shanks to get that title also.
Funny though that Zoro never even mentions Shanks at all. For a guy who wants to be the strongest swordsman he only talks of Mihawk.
Quote:
All I am saying is that Shanks can still match Mihawk to this day in swordsmanship, I am not saying that Shanks beat Mihawk not at all, that is why he is the world's greateset but Shanks was able to tie or equal is skills.
But then if they truly are equals Mihawk wouldn't be the greatest swordsman. Of course Mihawk's rank in strength in the future can change but right now we have the situation that we have.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2006-03-01 at 15:17.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 19:44   Link #136
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Funny though that Zoro never even mentions Shanks at all. For a guy who wants to be the strongest swordsman he only talks of Mihawk.
Oh Zoro being a former pirate hunter knows of Shanks. Zoro is after Mihawk becasue he has the title of World's greatest Swordsman. I doubt that Zoro could defeat Shanks no in fact I don't think he could defeat Shanks. If Zoro is going to be the greatest Swordsman he would have to defeat the previous rival of the greatest Swordsman in the world.

Quote:
But then if they truly are equals Mihawk wouldn't be the greatest swordsman. Of course Mihawk's rank in strength in the future can change but right now we have the situation that we have.
This is true indeed Neodrag, but I think neither of them could defeat each other it is possible that Shanks and Mihawk were equals maybe something happend where they did not finish out to see who truly is the best. Right now as it stands Mihawk is the greatest and I think it is going to stay that way.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 20:21   Link #137
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Oh Zoro being a former pirate hunter knows of Shanks.
Yet never mentions nor is shown to have thoughts about Shanks being a rival to Mihawk much less any commentary on Shanks in the subject of swordsmanship.
Quote:
Zoro is after Mihawk becasue he has the title of World's greatest Swordsman. I doubt that Zoro could defeat Shanks no in fact I don't think he could defeat Shanks. If Zoro is going to be the greatest Swordsman he would have to defeat the previous rival of the greatest Swordsman in the world.
Another assumption. Of course I'm not gonna say it's completely impossible but I say you are better off not trying to predict One Piece.
Quote:
This is true indeed Neodrag, but I think neither of them could defeat each other it is possible that Shanks and Mihawk were equals maybe something happend where they did not finish out to see who truly is the best. Right now as it stands Mihawk is the greatest and I think it is going to stay that way.
Are you really sure you want to claim that Mihawk will remain the greatest swordsman in One Piece? Cause that is something that of course carries the possiblity of being or not being true.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 20:51   Link #138
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Yet never mentions nor is shown to have thoughts about Shanks being a rival to Mihawk much less any commentary on Shanks in the subject of swordsmanship.
Becasue he is after the world's greatest swordsman Mihawk. Why not go after the best?

Quote:
Another assumption. Of course I'm not gonna say it's completely impossible but I say you are better off not trying to predict One Piece.
Of course it is, I think that Shanks is stronger than Zoro.

Quote:
Are you really sure you want to claim that Mihawk will remain the greatest swordsman in One Piece?
We all know that someday Zoro is going to have to defeat him. How is he going to defeat him is in question.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 12:48   Link #139
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
What i dont understand is why if shanks is so strong he could let his arm get taken so easily by the fish.

I dont see hawkeye losing an arm to a fish that easily.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 15:36   Link #140
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
What i dont understand is why if shanks is so strong he could let his arm get taken so easily by the fish.

I dont see hawkeye losing an arm to a fish that easily.
Shanks didn't have any weapon with him, when he went after Luffy.
Nor did he have much time to do anything else-but throw himself infront of the Seaking to save Luffy.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.