AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-21, 08:54   Link #2021
rastilin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Why does Iskander have a D-rank magic resistance?I thought Rider class does not have magic resistance?
It does, even rider in Fate/Stay has magic resistance. Now that Virtualbox is working, I can prove it too.

Spoiler for Rider:


Quote:
How strong is a C-rank magic resistance?
It can block any two verse magic and weaken anything higher.

EX - Everything
A - Nearly everything
B - Three Verse
C - Two Verse
D - One Verse
E - Only Weakens

Saber doesn't have total magic resistance, it's still possible for strong enough magic to hurt her.

Quote:
Can archer traced avalon like shirou did?
No. The UBW can only trace items of A++ rank or lower. It can't copy anything of EX rank. Avalon is EX rank.

Spoiler for Avalon:
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 10:25   Link #2022
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Okay but how come shirou can trace avalon??
__________________

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 10:31   Link #2023
rastilin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
No clue, probably because he has a contract with Saber at the time.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 10:42   Link #2024
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Quote:
It does, even rider in Fate/Stay has magic resistance. Now that Virtualbox is working, I can prove it too.
Mind telling me what virtualbox is??
__________________

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 11:01   Link #2025
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny b View Post
ah a paradox
but for ilya to sense shirou based on his command mantra, his wasnt activated until the next day?
to be precise the next night, but if the blood seeping out in the morning could be taken into consideration then morning.
Illya can sense the command mantra when they are embedded AND activated. That's why she told Shirou 'if you don't summon it, you'll die' when she sensed the non-activated command mantra, and ordered Berserker to attack when he sensed Shirou's command mantra activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
And the servant meet their end when they meet Iskander right?
Yes.

Quote:
Why does Iskander have a D-rank magic resistance?I thought Rider class does not have magic resistance?
Not neccessary--any classes can have magic resistance based upon the hero they were once. However, Saber class servants receives a special bonus where the will definitely have high magic resistance.

Quote:
How strong is a C-rank magic resistance?
Enough to completely nullify Rin's attacks, and partially reduce the harm from Caster's attacks.

Quote:
Iamandragon you once said shirou will grow to be 10 times stronger than archer in UBW route.In what way do you mean strong? His strength or what??
His mind--did I really say 10 times? Maybe that's an exaggeration.

Quote:
Can archer traced avalon like shirou did?
Given enough mana and the blueprints, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
No. The UBW can only trace items of A++ rank or lower. It can't copy anything of EX rank. Avalon is EX rank.

Spoiler for Avalon:
There is no limit in what UBW can trace as long as Archer/Shirou knows the target, have enough mana, and can find the material for it. Since Archer can trace Excalibur, Avalon, also made by the faries, which are of the same material, is possible to be traced. However, he just doesn't have enough mana for that.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 11:05   Link #2026
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Quote:
There is no limit in what UBW can trace as long as Archer/Shirou knows the target, have enough mana, and can find the material for it. Since Archer can trace Excalibur, Avalon, also made by the faries, which are of the same material, is possible to be traced. However, he just doesn't have enough mana for that.
And how does that explain shirou's traced avalon?Archer has 40 times the mana as shirou.
__________________

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 11:06   Link #2027
rastilin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Mind telling me what virtualbox is??
With the power of virtualization. It lets you execute an Operating System like an application inside another operating system. It uses a driver to execute the guest system's code directly on the processor, so you can use it to play games that don't involve 3d acceleration, or use MS word for that matter.

I use it because I run Linux as a desktop and Fate doesn't run on Linux. Allow me to demonstrate...

Spoiler for Virtualization in Action:


It saves me having to actually run the abomination that is Windows Vista.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 22:24   Link #2028
kaizer63
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
And how does that explain shirou's traced avalon?Archer has 40 times the mana as shirou.
I'm guessing Shirou can trace Avalon because he was aware it was inside of him and even once it was removed it had been such a vital part of his being that he knows it better than any other NP he's seen. I'm not sure if Archer ever knew it was in him or not. And even if he did, he doesn't have the advantage of sticking around after blowing that much mana. Shirou completely overloads his circuits to trace Avalon--such a thing would cause Archer to disappear so it wouldn't really help him anyways.
__________________
kaizer63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 22:50   Link #2029
rastilin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
I'm guessing Shirou can trace Avalon because he was aware it was inside of him and even once it was removed it had been such a vital part of his being that he knows it better than any other NP he's seen. I'm not sure if Archer ever knew it was in him or not. And even if he did, he doesn't have the advantage of sticking around after blowing that much mana. Shirou completely overloads his circuits to trace Avalon--such a thing would cause Archer to disappear so it wouldn't really help him anyways.
That's a good explanation, although I'm certain Archer knew that he had it because he specifically mentions this to Shirou.

More to the point, I know that UBW can only trace A++ rank items because it's mentioned in the description. Archer cannot replicate anything he doesn't understand the concept of and UBW lets him instantly comprehend the concept of any A++ weapons or lower.

Spoiler for Archer:


Of course if he were in contact with something of EX rank, that might very well be different.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 00:39   Link #2030
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Archer is only capable of tracing weapons that has the output of A++ rank because of his 'down rank sickness'--An A++ rank output traced weapon can only be achieved by tracing an EX rank weapon, which when downgraded, is A++. So far there is no any weapon higher than EX rank so UBW's maximum rank is A++.

As for Shirou tracing Avalon, one thing is because he just too Avalon out the day before, so his magic circuits in him still take the shape of it, allowing Shirou to effortlessly trace Avalon(he skipped all steps of tracing). For Archer, it has been many years that Avalon has left his body, and his magic circuits no longer remember its shape.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 02:31   Link #2031
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
One question. Under a normal magician Iamandragon claimed Saber can do 3 excallibur- beam.Which means her prana is 3000+.What about other servant. Do their mana goes up too?
__________________

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 11:22   Link #2032
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Their mana income increases with better magicians as masters, but their mana reserve does not.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 12:37   Link #2033
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in Unlimited Blade Works
Age: 23
Whats the difference between mana income and mana difference?
__________________

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 15:16   Link #2034
kaizer63
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Exactly what it sounds like. Each servant can only hold so much mana total while the income is how much mana the master can actually supply the servant with. Saber, under a good master, can hold I think 3000 mana or something like that while under Shirou she's only being provided with around 1300 or so. Shirou, as a pretty bad magus, cannot give her more than that as it's beyond his capacity. Rin, on the other hand can give Saber enough to use Excalibur twice, which takes somewhere in the nature of 1000 mana. Regardless of how much the master can give her she can still never go beyond 3000.
__________________
kaizer63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 20:47   Link #2035
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
Exactly what it sounds like. Each servant can only hold so much mana total while the income is how much mana the master can actually supply the servant with. Saber, under a good master, can hold I think 3000 mana or something like that while under Shirou she's only being provided with around 1300 or so. Shirou, as a pretty bad magus, cannot give her more than that as it's beyond his capacity. Rin, on the other hand can give Saber enough to use Excalibur twice, which takes somewhere in the nature of 1000 mana. Regardless of how much the master can give her she can still never go beyond 3000.
That's slightly off, but close nonetheless. Saber can always hold the same maximum mana of 1,000 regardless of her master. Though when Shirou returns Avalon she managed to increase her maximum mana cap to 3,000.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 22:10   Link #2036
kaizer63
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
That's slightly off, but close nonetheless. Saber can always hold the same maximum mana of 1,000 regardless of her master. Though when Shirou returns Avalon she managed to increase her maximum mana cap to 3,000.
I can't remember the number under Kiritsugu, but according to Fuyuki under Shirou Saber has about 1200-1300 total mana capacity, 1500 under Rin and 4500 under Sakura. And each Exacliblast costs 700-800 and she could use it three times under Kiritsugu so she'd have at least 2100 mana under him. Regardless, the mana capacity does change depending on who the Master is.
__________________
kaizer63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 11:27   Link #2037
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Excalibur costs 1000 mana according to what Saber said. I don't remember anywhere saying Saber can hold more with different masters. The new Fuyuki is not as trustful as the old one, as many entries have been modified and does not contain references.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 12:47   Link #2038
kaizer63
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
I used the old Fuyuki. It still exists using the web archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/200705110...om/Magic#Prana

That should be helpful to you as well Blade_Lord. It's a little hard to navigate, but if you want info on FSN that that's the place.
__________________
kaizer63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 01:10   Link #2039
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Does Saber die after the end of this show or does she just fall unconscious..

And is there any plans to animate Fate/hollow ataraxia...?

And are their any differences between the anime and game of Fate/stay night...and is it worth it to play the game after watching the anime?
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 04:00   Link #2040
rastilin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Does Saber die after the end of this show or does she just fall unconscious..
She dies, her contract with the grail was the only thing keeping her alive. Without it, she dies.

Quote:
And is there any plans to animate Fate/hollow ataraxia...?
No, and that's probably for the best.

Quote:
And are their any differences between the anime and game of Fate/stay night...and is it worth it to play the game after watching the anime?
There are MASSIVE differences between the anime and the games; of course it's worth it. The games are huge and cover stuff that was only barely touched on in the series. Not to mention the first game goes over three possible scenarios of the grail war whereas the anime only goes through one and imports scenes from the others.

Some changes...

* Rule breaker can transfer control over any servant it hits; during the second play through, Caster keeps taking extra servants under her. Including Saber and Archer.
* When the line comes "Caster, you should kill them outright instead of just making them sleep, that would be easier for all of us.", it's Archer (the red one) and not Kuzuki who says it.
* Archer is non-nerfed like in the anime.
* When Caster starts getting weak, Archer kills her and takes over as main Villain.
* You find out how the non-mage Kuzuki got a servant.
* How the non-mage Shinji got his servant.

So yes, it's worth playing because it's far better than the anime.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.