AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-30, 20:29   Link #3121
Tailong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post

more q-s :

1) Towards the end of the fate route in the game - how exactly did the confontation on the date between Shirou/Saber & Gil go ? In the anime they used Avalon to reflect Ea back at Gil, he was kinda roasted and made a tactical retreat .. but afaik, that's not how Avalon really works - it protects the user by transporting him/her to magical promised utopia fairy land of happiness and bunnies and NOTHING can interfere (well, maybe the VOID personality of Ryougi, since she's basically channeling Akasha and can unmake the Nasu-multiverse, but I dunno), but it doesn't reflect anything .. so what happened in the game ? Gil ran w/o getting damaged ? They used Caliburn/Excaliblast ? Saber slashed him ? He broke a nail ?
Actually the anime was somewhat accurate, Saber used Avalon to deflect EA blast back to Gilgamesh, the only difference is that Shirou is not aware of exactly what was that he projected or how Saber used it to beat Gil.
Quote:
2) Gils shiny original golden armor - it's not just there to look pretty, right ? It can take some hits. What are the extents ? Obviously not NP's, but regular strikes ? From ~Saber (Invisible Air), Lancers (no NP's), Assassin ?
Yeah it not just for show, it can take quite abit of hits, in FSN in his first battle with Saber, he uses it to defend against Saber Invisible Air without even bending, for quite awhile, though eventually it would of given out.

Quote:
3) Gil has ALL NP's in GoB, right ? That means prototypes of ~Caliburn, Excalibur, Gae Bolg, Arondight etc. ? If he chooses to stop being an ass and actually take and wield one of them - can he use their specific effects ? For example Gae Bolg's 'lol_bend_spacetime_to stick_it_in_the_heart' thing ? Or anything else like that ? Not talking about his proficiency in swinging them (it's probably awful), but using the effect .. For that matter - maybe he can do that w/o taking them ? Like shoot Gae Bolg, not like an arrow (which he usually does), but using it's effect mid-flight and have it hit someone's heart ?
No he doesn't have all the NP, swords like Excalibur or Arondight are not in his collection because they are not human swords, they were made by fairies specifically for King Arthur and Lancelot
Also I'm not sure to what extent he can use the NP in GoB, since he has shown to be able to use some of the "special abilities" of the NPs he possess(not including EA) , but then again in UBW I think Shirou states that Gil cant use the true ability of the NP since he is just and owner not a wilder... so Im not so sure on that one...
Tailong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 04:07   Link #3122
Kallen4life

hmm, thanks, I didn't play fate route (it's the most boring route IMHO and the anime kinda covered it more or less), so I didn't see Avalon in action myself in the game, but the TM wiki didn't mention anything about it reflecting the attack back, that's kinda important, you'd think it'd be mentioned

It's probably reflected at a lesser strength though, otherwise it means Gil can tank his own Ea ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 06:13   Link #3123
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Not true.

Gil has every NP that was around when he was alive, which means the original versions of most NPs. However, there are some which he does not possess (such as Excalibur, because it was made by the fairies for Saber specifically) and some for which he does not have all the possible techniques (Gae Bolg, for instance, because one of the two possible NP uses was actually added by Lancer himself, ands thus Gil's prototype does not have it).
Different understanding I think.
"After his death, the contents were spread all over the world after being passed on or stolen, and the treasure, valued because they were splendid swords, eventually became Noble Phantasms."
The collections are just weapons of high level, not NP yet. I wonder whether they can be activated.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gate_of_Babylon
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 06:28   Link #3124
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

2) Gils shiny original golden armor - it's not just there to look pretty, right ? It can take some hits. What are the extents ? Obviously not NP's, but regular strikes ? From ~Saber (Invisible Air), Lancers (no NP's), Assassin ?

His golden armor is one of the collections from GoB.
"The many defensive items against magecraft in the gate, such as his golden armor, a reflective mirror shield, and a shield capable of blocking in multiple dimensions, help make up for his low Magic Resistance under Kotomine Kirei by neutralizing most of it. Their defensive power is quite high, as the armor and mirror shield can repel Tohsaka Rin and Illyasviel von Einzbern's magecraft completely, and the shield capable of stopping the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon is capable of blocking Tsubame Gaeshi"
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gate_of_Babylon
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 16:26   Link #3125
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
hmm, thanks, I didn't play fate route (it's the most boring route IMHO and the anime kinda covered it more or less), so I didn't see Avalon in action myself in the game, but the TM wiki didn't mention anything about it reflecting the attack back, that's kinda important, you'd think it'd be mentioned

It's probably reflected at a lesser strength though, otherwise it means Gil can tank his own Ea ?
What!? Dude, the end of the Fate route was awesome. The split between Shirou's and Saber's fights was perfect. I was at the edge of my seat the whole time.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 16:45   Link #3126
Kallen4life

eh, I'm not a Saber fan =/

though the fight was ok .. better in UBW though
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-11-01, 00:04   Link #3127
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

so i am new to the whole fate series. i have started fate zero (upto ep5) and im contemplating on whether to watch fate/stay night before zero ends, knowing it's the sequel. would there be any issues if i were to watch it simultaneously or rather finish it off stay night in a day or two lol?
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 09:00   Link #3128
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

It'd be good to watch the anime first, but It'd be best if you played the visual novel first.
Old 2011-11-01, 10:26   Link #3129
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by d' airscapez View Post
so i am new to the whole fate series. i have started fate zero (upto ep5) and im contemplating on whether to watch fate/stay night before zero ends, knowing it's the sequel. would there be any issues if i were to watch it simultaneously or rather finish it off stay night in a day or two lol?
Well the fate stay night anime isn't even the sequel to Fate Zero. Fate zero is a prequel to the visual novel. You could watch the anime if you want but I don't see much of a point.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 10:29   Link #3130
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What!? Dude, the end of the Fate route was awesome. The split between Shirou's and Saber's fights was perfect. I was at the edge of my seat the whole time.
Yeah even though Fate route is the weakest from the 3 it is still worth playing.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 23:32   Link #3131
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Could Fate stay Night be considered to be a shonen?
Old 2011-11-03, 00:28   Link #3132
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:

I thought you have to play through Fate route to unlock UBW. It really is meant to be covered in order.

Avalon doesn't reflect attacks, but it can completely nullify attacks, even powerful ones like Ea.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 00:31   Link #3133
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
I thought you have to play through Fate route to unlock UBW. It really is meant to be covered in order.

Avalon doesn't reflect attacks, but it can completely nullify attacks, even powerful ones like Ea.
Avalon can nullify EA but not Shiki's little knife
Old 2011-11-03, 00:46   Link #3134
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Avalon can nullify EA but not Shiki's little knife
That is not true. Avalon provides complete protection when activated. It means Shiki cannot see any line or dot.
Old 2011-11-03, 04:15   Link #3135
Kallen4life

it definitely nullifies regular MeoDP even from Ryougi, however her VOID persona might be different .. being pretty much the avatar of the resident God an all

Quote:
there are ways around that .. and the fate route got covered in anime .. though I know what you mean

Quote:
Avalon doesn't reflect attacks
in that case my original question stands

Quote:
Towards the end of the fate route in the game - how exactly did the confontation on the date between Shirou/Saber & Gil go ? In the anime they used Avalon to reflect Ea back at Gil, he was kinda roasted and made a tactical retreat .. but afaik, that's not how Avalon really works - it protects the user by transporting him/her to magical promised utopia fairy land of happiness and bunnies and NOTHING can interfere, but it doesn't reflect anything .. so what happened in the game ? Gil ran w/o getting damaged ? They used Caliburn/Excaliblast ? Saber slashed him ? He broke a nail ?
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-11-03, 10:23   Link #3136
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Could Fate stay Night be considered to be a shonen?
It has shonen stuff in it, but I do believe it's intended demographic is seinen.
Old 2011-11-03, 11:52   Link #3137
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
That is not true. Avalon provides complete protection when activated. It means Shiki cannot see any line or dot.
Quote:
it definitely nullifies regular MeoDP even from Ryougi, however her VOID persona might be different .. being pretty much the avatar of the resident God an all
but how would Avalon nullified MeoDP? MeoDP only allows the user to see the point of death for the person/object/concept. As along as the person/object/concept has a point of death the MeoDP can see it. The MeoDP itself doesn't do anything else besides letting the user see the lines.
Old 2011-11-03, 12:05   Link #3138
Kallen4life

Avalon
Spoiler for rant:

sorry for the O/T
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-11-03, 12:19   Link #3139
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Avalon
Spoiler for rant:

sorry for the O/T
ORT can't be perceive by MeoDP because it is not form Earth. and I think since Avalon was Made, it can be Unmade and Shiki who can killed concept should be able to see Avalon's death if she could understand it before her brain liquifies.
Old 2011-11-03, 12:26   Link #3140
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
but how would Avalon nullified MeoDP? MeoDP only allows the user to see the point of death for the person/object/concept. As along as the person/object/concept has a point of death the MeoDP can see it. The MeoDP itself doesn't do anything else besides letting the user see the lines.
Because Avalon makes the user untouchable when activated, there would be no points or lines of death. Think Arcueid with full power under a full moon.

But Avalon itself can perhaps be destroyed, that I cannot be certain.