AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 08:23   Link #3281
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinken View Post
Hi sorry if this has been asked before I was just wondering why saber considered the strongest servant does she have something special that the other servant does not have or is she on the same level as Gil my only experience with fate series was the one produced by Deen studio and the new anime airing now and it seems to me that saber cannot easily dispose her opponent based on what every one says about her you would think that she is god level BTW I have no experience with the novels thanks.
When other characters say that they're referring to the Saber class itself, not Arturia herself in specific.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 21:49   Link #3282
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Anyways can anyone answer me this question.
Spoiler for Rider's NP:
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:54   Link #3283
mazinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
When other characters say that they're referring to the Saber class itself, not Arturia herself in specific.
Ok that explain it thanks has Arturia been summoned in different kind of class other than saber also if Gil was under saber class would he be unstoppable?
mazinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 10:07   Link #3284
Haak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinken View Post
Ok that explain it thanks has Arturia been summoned in different kind of class other than saber also if Gil was under saber class would he be unstoppable?
Arturia can't be summoned in any other class other than Saber. Not sure if it's due to her time paradox thingy or just the fact of her abilities, though.

Gil is already pretty much unstoppable but yeah i suppose being in the Saber class would make him more powerful.
Old 2011-12-12, 14:30   Link #3285
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Gilgamesh has only C Rank Agility and Endurance, so his stats aren't high enough for him to be compatible with the Saber class. I'm not sure whether it was B or A, but I'm pretty sure all stats except Magic need to be atleast B or higher for a Servant to qualify for Saber class.

At least....thats what they said in the FSN VN...Saber seems to also only have C Endurance and Agility, so whether her stats were reduced because of her terrible master or whether I've misinterpreted something somewhere, something seems to be up lol.

But on top of that, I don't think Gilgamesh has the qualities to appear in the Saber class, since he isn't a particularly strong or skilled Swordsman, and his main combat style is through use of projectiles.

EDIT: I was going to write a comment about how after looking at F/Z status pages, things started to make more sense, but they really don't so I'm not gonna bother ~_~
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 18:43   Link #3286
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
I'm not sure whether it was B or A, but I'm pretty sure all stats except Magic need to be atleast B or higher for a Servant to qualify for Saber class.
Stats are determined by class, master, and the heroic spirit themselves. Therefore, they have no specific determination on class. Arturia, for example, has a B in strength, magic, and luck. Endurance, agility, and NP are all ranked C. This obviously changes when she has a competent Master, but it just goes to show there isn't a stat threshold for a given class.

Quote:
But on top of that, I don't think Gilgamesh has the qualities to appear in the Saber class, since he isn't a particularly strong or skilled Swordsman, and his main combat style is through use of projectiles.
This is the key. He's so self-serving and egotistical that he fits perfectly with the Archer class skill Independent Action. Combine that with having a shitton of weapons, and he gets an "archery" ability.

As for Saber herself, it's likely she can only be summoned to the Saber class because of Excalibur. It's so famous that she has to conceal it. It's likely that she can't be separated from it, and it can't be changed to another weapon.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 19:57   Link #3287
lightsenshi
Author

I did have one question which has nothing to do with the current episode. If King Arthur had the scabbard with him when he "died" (according to the myth), then how did did it reappear in the series?
Old 2011-12-12, 20:03   Link #3288
GDB

He didn't have it with him when he died. I forget if he lost it or if it was stolen, but that's the only reason he was even able to be killed.
Old 2011-12-12, 20:07   Link #3289
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
I did have one question which has nothing to do with the current episode. If King Arthur had the scabbard with him when he "died" (according to the myth), then how did did it reappear in the series?
As GDB said, he did not have it when he died (obviously). But the Einzberns dug it up (or who knows what) wherever the hell it was. I'm sure it wasn't an easy task, that's for sure.

It's a good thing they did too... Shirou would have been mincemeat without it. But then again, he wouldn't have summoned Saber without it and then he wouldn't have a Servant and wouldn't need it. It's fun to think of devices like that sometimes.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 20:20   Link #3290
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's a good thing they did too... Shirou would have been mincemeat without it. But then again, he wouldn't have summoned Saber without it and then he wouldn't have a Servant and wouldn't need it. It's fun to think of devices like that sometimes.
He also wouldn't have survived the inferno without it, assuming Kiritsugu still made it to that point with a different Servant (I imagine he would).
Old 2011-12-13, 05:28   Link #3291
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Stats are determined by class, master, and the heroic spirit themselves. Therefore, they have no specific determination on class. Arturia, for example, has a B in strength, magic, and luck. Endurance, agility, and NP are all ranked C. This obviously changes when she has a competent Master, but it just goes to show there isn't a stat threshold for a given class.
No, you're wrong. Class doesn't determine stats, it only adds(or boosts) special abilities such as magic resistance or riding or independent action

and yes, every class has base requirements needed for the heroic spirit to be summoned in it. In saber's case, it's high stats all around. Gil doesn't have high enough stats to be summoned as a saber, probably. But yes, the archer class is perfect for him
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 07:04   Link #3292
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
and yes, every class has base requirements needed for the heroic spirit to be summoned in it. In saber's case, it's high stats all around. Gil doesn't have high enough stats to be summoned as a saber, probably. But yes, the archer class is perfect for him
Gilgamesh's stats as an Archer are better than Saber's with their fate route masters, so I'd like to know where you're getting this idea that they have a parameter prerequisite before being in a class.
Old 2011-12-13, 09:10   Link #3293
giorno

from Nasu. Complete materials, mainly. Also, i think there's a little misconception here, IIRC it's not the stats after the summon that matter, it's the heroic spirits own stats

but yeah, Gil probably WOULD qualify as a saber
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 09:13   Link #3294
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think Gil would since he does not know how to wield a sword like someone from the Saber class would.
Old 2011-12-13, 10:05   Link #3295
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think Gil would since he does not know how to wield a sword like someone from the Saber class would.
...Which is why he mutilates Saber in the Fate route with a sword he clearly knows how to wield.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 14:09   Link #3296
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Question:

What are the name of her swords again? (Archerko is almost canon so I was thinking of asking that one) (and what her main swords are).

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 14:22   Link #3297
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Archerko is almost canon so I was thinking of asking that one.
What?

I thought Archer-ko was about as canon as Kyon-ko; which is to say, not canon at all?...
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 14:47   Link #3298
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
...Which is why he mutilates Saber in the Fate route with a sword he clearly knows how to wield.
You mean Ea? I remember something about Gil just having the treasures in his Gate and knowing very little about them or how to use them.
Old 2011-12-13, 14:55   Link #3299
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
What?

I thought Archer-ko was about as canon as Kyon-ko; which is to say, not canon at all?...
Well she was recognized by Prisma Ilya as canon (actually I thought those two as canon by now.... )

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 16:59   Link #3300
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Gilgamesh is good with a sword, it's just not his expertise like it is with Saber. He owns all of those weapons but he hasn't spent his life using them.

It's a different story with Ea, though. Unlike all his other weapons, that's actually his real weapon that he's skilled with.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote