AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-15, 09:19   Link #4381
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure it takes place in February.
Hmm, yes, sorry.


Quote:
Why do you assume she finished out high school before leaving?
Well, because it would be odd for her not to do so. People don't usually skip the last year of school to go to university.

Plus, I know that she definitely does in HF, and in HF she went to the Clock Tower earlier due to the investigation, so it makes sense that she would do so in UBW also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post

She finishes school first. The whole UBW true ending is basically them chatting about how quickly time passes and what they'll be doing in a year (since UBW true takes place on the last day of their second school year).
Ah, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well, I suppose that's possible I guess. It just made sense to me that way. I mean, why talk about what to do after graduating when you're still in second year? (I know some people do this, no need to answer that, it was rhetorical)
No, the Japanese school year ends in March, not September.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 12:17   Link #4382
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
No, the Japanese school year ends in March, not September.
Which makes fall (not september) the perfect time to think about what to do after graduating. Or do you expect everyone to graduate before starting to think about what to do next?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 02:18   Link #4383
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Running through Sharnoth
Age: 18
But the scene takes place in spring so why is this even relevant?
__________________
Usami_Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:30   Link #4384
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I'm not sure...
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 09:12   Link #4385
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Have they ever actually shown one of the Heroic Spirits in an alternate class, complete with stats and skills? I know it's mentioned multiple times how Heracles, Cu Chulainn, Medea, etc could potentially be in alternate classes, but I can't recall a case of it ever actually being shown. One of the main ones I'm curious about is how different Cu Chulainn would be as a Caster, since it was stated that was a class he could be.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:08   Link #4386
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
His physical stats would be completely gimped, but his rune magic would be all the more powerful. A lost art that doesn't appear to require any complicated incantations (since the incantations are in written form).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 00:09   Link #4387
DaItalianFish
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Can Masters speak with their Servants telepathically? If a Servant is in Spirit Form and they speak, can they make it so their Master only can hear them?

I'm guessing (and hoping) no on these two, but I just want to make sure.

Can a Master contact their Servant without using Command Spells? During one of the routes when Rider activates the field, Rin mentions how she can't contact Archer. What does that even mean? Could she like give him a 'magical phonecall' or something?

How long can a Servant last without a Master? Obviously it would depend on the Servant, as Archer/Caster/Servants with large mana pools could last a long time, but what about a normal Servant?

Masters can still hold their contract with their Servant after their command spells are gone... right? Like theoretically if the Servant liked their Master, could the Master still provide the Servant with Prana so they could win the war? I mean Caster (F/SN) says that she made her old Master believe that she would listen to him even without the spells, so I guess it must be true... right?

How long does a 'command spell' last after the contract is broken? What I mean by that is if a Master used their last command spell on their Servant, how long would that command spell have an effect? Obviously it has some effect because Rider (F/Z) was boosted by Waver's Command Spells in his fight with Gil. I suppose if the above question is true (Masters still have contracts with Servants even after their seal is gone), then the spell would last however long it would last normally.

Sorry for all the questions. The wiki isn't helping and I don't have the F/SN VN on this computer (plus i'm not sure where i'd look), so hoping to find some answers here.

All of this is to help me write a fan fiction, by the way. Trying to make it as lore-friendly as possible.
DaItalianFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 11:14   Link #4388
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Concerning the telepathy thing, yes and no. There is no inherent ability to talk to a servant telepathically, although a master and servant can sense eachother to some extend, such as when they are in danger.

A gifted magus could use this connection to talk to them by remote, but it is not something anyone can do by default.

A regular servant without Independent Action (which is usually unique to Archer but others might be able to depending on the legendary soul's individual abilities) won't last longer than a few hours, depending on how much mana they have. They can exist longer if they find some kind of mana supply.

It's a bit complicated, and someone might correct me on this, but formally speaking, the command seal is proof of being a master. Expending all of them doesn't cut the connection between master and servant though.

Generally, the effects of a command seal only disappears when the connection between master and servant goes away (IE the master dies or the contract is broken). Of course, depending on the order given, the effect might only last for an instant anyway, but I assume we're talking about more permanent restrictions such as "Don't attack anyone other than those I specify".

Others might correct me on minor details but this is the gist of it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 12:14   Link #4389
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Concerning the telepathy thing, yes and no. There is no inherent ability to talk to a servant telepathically, although a master and servant can sense eachother to some extend, such as when they are in danger.

A gifted magus could use this connection to talk to them by remote, but it is not something anyone can do by default.

A regular servant without Independent Action (which is usually unique to Archer but others might be able to depending on the legendary soul's individual abilities) won't last longer than a few hours, depending on how much mana they have. They can exist longer if they find some kind of mana supply.

It's a bit complicated, and someone might correct me on this, but formally speaking, the command seal is proof of being a master. Expending all of them doesn't cut the connection between master and servant though.

Generally, the effects of a command seal only disappears when the connection between master and servant goes away (IE the master dies or the contract is broken). Of course, depending on the order given, the effect might only last for an instant anyway, but I assume we're talking about more permanent restrictions such as "Don't attack anyone other than those I specify".

Others might correct me on minor details but this is the gist of it.
What if said Master is like a Servant? Does a cellphone work in a Boundary Field?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 14:03   Link #4390
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaItalianFish View Post
Can Masters speak with their Servants telepathically?
Hmm, I think so, but I'm not totally sure.

Quote:
If a Servant is in Spirit Form and they speak, can they make it so their Master only can hear them?
Yes, they can. Rin does it with Archer in the prologue.

Quote:
How long can a Servant last without a Master? Obviously it would depend on the Servant, as Archer/Caster/Servants with large mana pools could last a long time, but what about a normal Servant?
If they don't have independant action then generally not very long, probably only a few hours. Archer can last quite a while because he has high-rank independant action, Caster didn't last long at all but was lucky to be found by Kuzuki.

Quote:
Masters can still hold their contract with their Servant after their command spells are gone... right? Like theoretically if the Servant liked their Master, could the Master still provide the Servant with Prana so they could win the war? I mean Caster (F/SN) says that she made her old Master believe that she would listen to him even without the spells, so I guess it must be true... right?
Yes.

Spoiler for HF:


Quote:
How long does a 'command spell' last after the contract is broken? What I mean by that is if a Master used their last command spell on their Servant, how long would that command spell have an effect? Obviously it has some effect because Rider (F/Z) was boosted by Waver's Command Spells in his fight with Gil. I suppose if the above question is true (Masters still have contracts with Servants even after their seal is gone), then the spell would last however long it would last normally.
Hmm, it's not entirely clear. I believe that the effect of command spells does diminish once the master has used their last spell, but it cannot disappear entirely because there are multiple instances of it not doing so.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 12:34   Link #4391
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Have they ever actually shown one of the Heroic Spirits in an alternate class, complete with stats and skills? I know it's mentioned multiple times how Heracles, Cu Chulainn, Medea, etc could potentially be in alternate classes, but I can't recall a case of it ever actually being shown. One of the main ones I'm curious about is how different Cu Chulainn would be as a Caster, since it was stated that was a class he could be.
There has been one case in the original Fate/Extra where the enemy Assassin comes back later as a Berserker, though it is the Moon Cell so it probably operates under a different set of rules from the traditional Fuyuki wars.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 21:32   Link #4392
DaItalianFish
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Looking for a particular scene in F/SN.

It's in the Heaven's Feel route, I think. It's an interlude from the PoV of Shinji where we learn that Shinji has a inferiority complex, and we learn about his past and stuff. Can't seem to find it. Anyone know what day it takes place in?
DaItalianFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 01:03   Link #4393
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There has been one case in the original Fate/Extra where the enemy Assassin comes back later as a Berserker, though it is the Moon Cell so it probably operates under a different set of rules from the traditional Fuyuki wars.
I think CCC's lancer could change class as well.

Either way, over multiple grail wars in the regular universe, Saber has been the only legendary soul to be summoned more than once.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 01:55   Link #4394
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think CCC's lancer could change class as well.
Supposedly she was originally a Berserker, but we never actually see her in the class. In Extra, you witness both the Assassin and Berserker versions of the same Servant and fight him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Either way, over multiple grail wars in the regular universe, Saber has been the only legendary soul to be summoned more than once.
Archer stated that he was summoned multiple times before he finally reached the era when Shirou was alive.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 05:51   Link #4395
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Archer stated that he was summoned multiple times before he finally reached the era when Shirou was alive.
Was he talking about Grail Wars, though? I figured he meant he had been summoned by Akasha many times, but not the grail.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:12   Link #4396
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
^ He wasn't actually summoned by the grail. The Counter Force has a nasty habit of making him appear whenever the world is about to be destroyed (which is the reason why he became so jaded in the first place).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 12:38   Link #4397
Leaored
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I got a question, many times when shiro got hurt he saw his body as if it was full of swords. Why does that happen? is it because of his reality marple?
Leaored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 12:40   Link #4398
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yeah pretty much, besides the side effect being Tracing swords.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:25   Link #4399
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
It's not -just- his reality marble, although it has something to do with it.

The other part of the reason is because of his magical nature. You know how a magus normally has some nature, like fire, or water, or w/e (or Rin being all hax and having "The five elements" as her nature). Shirou's nature is Swords. That means that no matter what magic he uses, it will try to manifest in the form of swords if it can. This means that his autohealing takes the form of tiny little swords stitching his flesh together.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 01:43   Link #4400
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Would a D-ranked F-15 be considered in a special category? It seems a B-rank in the average of a Noble Phantasm (minus those with special effects, merely raw power [Lancer's Gae Bolg and Tsubame Gaeshi (a skill with the power to match a NP comes to mind])
Spoiler:
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.