AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-05, 16:18   Link #501
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
I don't think it's that so much as that Rin is more aggressive, and won't hesitate to fight back ... whereas Sakura ... well, we all know how she is
I don't know.

Ep18 has Sakura in a leather outfit which suggest Sakura has a side none of us has seen it.
Old 2006-05-05, 16:30   Link #502
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I think she's still under Caster's influence there, but we shall see ...
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 16:40   Link #503
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
There's something I did not grasp well about Caster commenting on Tohsaka.

Almost at the end of episode sixteen, Caster reviews her potential sacrifices for the Holy Grail picking Sakura over Rin.

Caster acknowledges that Rin has the skills and wisdom for sorcery, as well as a tremendous amount of mana and a stainless pedigree as a magician in her bloodline, however, she discards Rin because berates that Tohsaka is tomboyish.

I don't see fit to Casters' remarks on Rin being tomboyish. Everywhere and always throughout each episode, Tohsaka has displayed her skills with the most graceful manners, and if I beg everyone's pardon her sensuality.

Even in the following episode, an ashamed Saber confessed to Shirou that her body is no near feminine as Rin's.

So, Caster sees of Rin as a tomboy based on what?
Or is it that Caster has her own, predefined set of guidelines as to how a lady must behave?
Spoiler for huge spoiler:
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 19:56   Link #504
Flare_Dragon

Rin?! What happened to rin?!!
Flare_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 21:34   Link #505
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

She will survive, don't worry. The director still wants to live...at least up till now.
Old 2006-05-06, 22:34   Link #506
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Sakura in leather...I hope she's trying to emulate a certain Servant she's trying to get.
Old 2006-05-06, 23:03   Link #507
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Demon ... I want Rider back as much as you ... but enough repeating it -___-
Old 2006-05-07, 02:07   Link #508
Guido

For Sakura, episode 18.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 02:14   Link #509
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
For Sakura, episode 18.

Spoiler:
Same reason behind Shiro to Archer.
Old 2006-05-07, 02:57   Link #510
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
For Sakura, episode 18.

Spoiler:
imamandragon had already answered this question in the episode 18 discussion thread; about 3 times too I think..
And since she is getting a bit tired of doing it.., I'd better just quote her

So.., here is the answer :

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Spoiler:
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 07:15   Link #511
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
imamandragon had already answered this question in the episode 18 discussion thread; about 3 times too I think..
And since she is getting a bit tired of doing it.., I'd better just quote her

So.., here is the answer :
Thanks a lot Alu...*kiss*
Old 2006-05-07, 12:53   Link #512
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

An interview with the director of Fate/Stay Night, Yuji Yamaguchi

An interview with the director of Fate/Stay Night, Yuji Yamaguchi

Q: First impression of the game?

Yuji: Very interesting! However, it's really hard to animate this game. A large amount of content have to be included from all three scenarios, and it did kill a lot of my brain cells trying to unite them.

Q: The most exciting part?

Yuji: Ug~There is no way to conclude this in one sentence. If I must say so, the whole idea of Fate is very stunning. All the staffs and viewers are exited by different sections of the anime. Someo said it's the battle scene which turned them on; while some are touched by Archer's idealism and his selfishness about his relation with Rin. Basically, Mister Nasu is such a charming person that people of all ages will be deeply touched by his production.

Q: During the making of the animation, have you exchanged information with Type-Moon?

Yuji: A lot of trivial question about the visual parts. I have asked so many questions that I think they get annoyed sometimes. I feel like someone asking for their money back: 'Please answer!'(smile) I think some parts that aren't explained in the game should be exhibited in the anime, and some other things I'm interested. Based on their information I was about to make this amazing anime!

Q: How did you try to show the coolness of the original game when animating it?

Yuuji: The game is not still pictures like other visual novels, they are moving! I hope to express that my way. The animation did not detour from the game itself, so I hope those who played the game will think 'Ahh~That's something I've been waiting for!' when watching the anime. That's my target. And also to attract the attention of those who watched the anime without playing the game itself. To make the gamers feel more excited I also put some minor add-ons. I really hope this anime will be liked by the majority who watched it.

Q: Let's talk about the characters in the story, about Shirou?

Yuuji: A 17 years old school boy. Sometimes stubborn and immature, but sometimes very roused. A complicated character that's hard to describe in one word. A really charming character! I sometimes see myself inside Shirou

Q: about Saber?

Yuuji: A cold beauty, a knight. But her ladiness is where her charm lies. I think girls will think her great at first sight. A type of person who is strict and hard to socialize with. However this personality of hers makes her a real, for the viewers to feel her existance.

Q: about Rin?

Yuuji: The one who told Shirou about magic and the Holy Grail War. She acts like a guide in the story. Rin's appearance is quite cool also. A little devil who likes to play with others apart from birthdays and Christmas.

Q: Archer?

Yuuji: A boy with great vision. His cool look is really attractive, and therefore he got all those girl fans. Voiced by Mister 诹访部(I'm sorry...I just can't translate names...), it's a thing the girls are looking forward to. Don't you think Mister 诹访部 is a lucky person? However Archer is a realitism, so it might get a bit hard to get a long with him...

Q: Sakura?

Yuuji: I bet everyone want a girlfriend like her! The staffs all say Sakura is a really good girl, easilly standing up to girls Saber and Rin. I was touched when Shirou took Sakura to somewhere famous for a date while Sakura told him 'I'm fine with the Rammen Shop next doors as long as I'm with Senpai' I really admire girls like Sakura.(smile)

Q: What's the seeling point of the whole story?

Yuuji: This is almost like a manga. Always new enemies with lots of battle scenes is the biggest hit for this product. I think this is a perfect blend of Shonen and Shoujo, so pleas all fans look forward to it!

Q: Anything else you want to say to the fans out there?

Yuuji: Either you have played the game or not, this animation will never disappoint you, so please look forward to it!

Spoiler for original text:

translated and edited by iamandragon

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-10-27 at 15:56. Reason: learnt a few japanese terms and fixed it
Old 2006-05-07, 13:05   Link #513
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Dood, you're just great, let me KISS YA!

More seriously, you've done a very good job and I'm sure it was no fun to translate this article. Thanks again!

On a side note, the director seems clearly on Saber's side... Or I'm maybe getting biaised 'cause that's what I want to see.
Old 2006-05-07, 13:07   Link #514
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Don't worry...I'm doing languages in university, so doing this is just like revision to me...

P.S. Yes you can kiss me, on my cheek only.
Old 2006-05-07, 13:35   Link #515
Demongod86

I'm just wondering how they're going to set up for Fate Hollow Ataraxia if half of the Servants are dead.
Old 2006-05-07, 14:31   Link #516
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Not even the actual game sets up for Hollow Ataraxia in any of the scenarios ... it just happens that everyone is alive ... I don't know if they explain it later ... b/c I haven't found any translations.
Old 2006-05-07, 14:43   Link #517
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

A question about the game...

When I read the stats of the Servants in Moonlit World, there was one thing that left me puzzled - all those funky-named Skills. Does anybody know what's the deal with them?

Some of them are kinda self-explaining, like "Divinity" or "Charisma", but, for example, what's the meaning of Caster's "Golden Fleece"? A powerful artifact, maybe?

I know about the myth of the Argonauts and the Golden Fleece, but I was wondering what's its meaning in the context of the game...

Same question about other exotic Skills like Gil's "Golden Rule", Lancer's "Rune"...
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 15:22   Link #518
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Lancer's Rune...I've seen data somewhere in Chinese...lemme find and translate it for you...
Old 2006-05-07, 16:28   Link #519
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Not even the actual game sets up for Hollow Ataraxia in any of the scenarios ... it just happens that everyone is alive ... I don't know if they explain it later ... b/c I haven't found any translations.
I guess then it'd be a mix of the best parts of all endings? That is, Saber survives and never turns evil, Rider survives because of the HF scenario, Caster, uhhh...revivomatic? I still think HFA would make quite a ratings splash. Coming off of something so serious as FSN and then having a complete harem anime in HFA . 24 episodes of sheer kick-back-and-smile comedy, like Saber cleaning out the cupboards a bit too often, Rider instead being READER, you get the idea =P.

I'm still wondering what HFA could be on since nobody's after each other's throats anymore
Old 2006-05-07, 16:44   Link #520
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
I guess then it'd be a mix of the best parts of all endings? That is, Saber survives and never turns evil, Rider survives because of the HF scenario, Caster, uhhh...revivomatic? I still think HFA would make quite a ratings splash. Coming off of something so serious as FSN and then having a complete harem anime in HFA . 24 episodes of sheer kick-back-and-smile comedy, like Saber cleaning out the cupboards a bit too often, Rider instead being READER, you get the idea =P.

I'm still wondering what HFA could be on since nobody's after each other's throats anymore
It has a lot of fanservices stuff (like Caster trying to learn how to cook) ... and yes, Rider DID join the harem.
Spoiler: