AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-03, 11:13   Link #801
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
No...Shirou's not always using UBW...When he's using UBW he'll be in his world of swords, not reality. And it takes mana to maintain UBW, as well.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 11:17   Link #802
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i think shirou has mana but its just locked up and he doesnt know how to release it...i think he only managed to trace caliburn (VS berserker) because he was emotionally unstable and its was a one off event...if you ask him to trace it just suddenly he wont be able to...because he still hasnt mastered how to use all his hidden mana yet...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 11:58   Link #803
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i think shirou has mana but its just locked up and he doesnt know how to release it...i think he only managed to trace caliburn (VS berserker) because he was emotionally unstable and its was a one off event...if you ask him to trace it just suddenly he wont be able to...because he still hasnt mastered how to use all his hidden mana yet...
I 100% to this.
Usually a magician has multiple magic circuits for higher mana capacity and recovery rate, so when they train the create more circuits on their own. However Shirou does not know this and he thought when a magican uses magic they have to construct one everytime. So you can see Shirou using only one magic circuit most of the time in the anime. However when Shirou's 'emotionally unstable' he would manage to 'unlock' the rest of the unused magic circuit.

Question to add fater this:
Does anyone know or have pictures of the command lines of other masters apart from Rin and Shirou?
Old 2006-06-03, 12:09   Link #804
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
I 100% to this.
Usually a magician has multiple magic circuits for higher mana capacity and recovery rate, so when they train the create more circuits on their own. However Shirou does not know this and he thought when a magican uses magic they have to construct one everytime. So you can see Shirou using only one magic circuit most of the time in the anime. However when Shirou's 'emotionally unstable' he would manage to 'unlock' the rest of the unused magic circuit.

Question to add fater this:
Does anyone know or have pictures of the command lines of other masters apart from Rin and Shirou?
In episode 22, some are shown. I'll post the pics if I have time, ie. not now.
Old 2006-06-03, 13:45   Link #805
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
No...Shirou's not always using UBW...When he's using UBW he'll be in his world of swords, not reality. And it takes mana to maintain UBW, as well.
I think he's always using it. What takes mana is to extend UBW to the surrounding reality, but it's always active inside the user's soul, for free.

About his tracing abilities, I don't know if this is 100% true, but this explains it much better than I did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirō Emiya entry in Wikipedia
Shirō's true talents lie in a more advanced form of Reinforcement, known as Tracing. This skill allows him to transmute the form of existing objects through his imagination. With this ability, Shirō is able to transform ordinary objects like wooden branches into metal swords. However, Tracing requires a large amount of Mana and concentration, and replication is limited by the raw materials available for transmutation. Furthermore, all transmuted objects suffer a degradation in quality, making this ability almost useless in combat.

However, Shirō has been unconsciously developing his ultimate skill, a variant of Archer's Reality Marble, Unlimited Blade Works, since he first started studying sorcery under Kiritsugu. Shirō's Reality Marble provides him with a world where all the components needed to facilitate tracing exist, allowing the recreation of any object Shirō has ever seen. In contrast to normal tracing, he can create objects from nothing, without having to modify an existing element.
I think Shirou using the power of his latent Reality Marble is the explanation that makes most sense.

Last edited by aldeayeah; 2006-06-04 at 10:01. Reason: fixing the Imaging/Tracing confusion
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 14:33   Link #806
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

This is 100% true.

Shirou's Tracing abilities are this good thanks to his Reality Marble. Because he can bring things out of 'nowhere', his abilities are limited to the raw materials that are in UBW, which means he can create almost everything but Ea and others EX ranked Noble Phantasms.
Old 2006-06-03, 17:02   Link #807
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
This is 100% true.

Shirou's Tracing abilities are this good thanks to his Reality Marble. Because he can bring things out of 'nowhere', his abilities are limited to the raw materials that are in UBW, which means he can create almost everything but Ea and others EX ranked Noble Phantasms.
Shirou's a talented magican with a lot of potential...because he is...(pm me for huge game spoiler)...
Also, there's some problems with his tracing...he learned tracing before reinforcement, which is funny since reinforcement is the basics of tracing. However it wasn't explained in the anime.
Old 2006-06-03, 23:10   Link #808
LCeh

Got another question.

During the Archer/Berserker fight, Rin's command spells seemed to be disappearing throughout the fight. What was causing that? As far as I can tell, a servant can die and the master can still keep the command spells and make pacts with other servants.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 23:15   Link #809
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

We had that discussion a while back. The result: no conclusion, because none of us have reliable resources to explain it. Though we all(hopefully) agreed on the assumption that a command spell becomes transparent and unseen when a master is not contracted with a servant.
Old 2006-06-03, 23:25   Link #810
LCeh

I see. Thanks a lot for your insight.

Another question: During the Archer/Berserker fight, Archer called Ilya by that name, and Ilya was surprised. Why did Archer call her that? Did he know her from before? Or will the answer have some type of game spoiler?

EDIT: Nevermind this question. I was reading through some threads and I asked an idiotic question. Got the answer to the question.

Last edited by LCeh; 2006-06-04 at 00:04.
Old 2006-06-04, 03:54   Link #811
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Is it known how the Unlimited Blade Works speech or w/e you want to call it came into existence? Was it just made up or something?
Old 2006-06-04, 05:09   Link #812
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Spoiler:

Regarding the whole Assassin class, I didn't know that it was also available to "other" people than the Sabbah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
Is it known how the Unlimited Blade Works speech or w/e you want to call it came into existence? Was it just made up or something?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2006-06-04 at 06:50.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 09:49   Link #813
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Spoiler:
You're absolutely right, so I'll reedit my posts to call things by their proper name.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 12:58   Link #814
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
[spoiler]
Spoiler:
Is it known how Archer came up with them then?
Old 2006-06-05, 00:59   Link #815
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Not really. The writer is pretty ambigious about how he obtain this ability.
Old 2006-06-05, 06:49   Link #816
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

All we know is that Archer somehow realizes this ability during his lifetime. That's pretty much it.
Old 2006-06-05, 14:19   Link #817
charlog
Gate of Babyl'Owned

Maybe he realized it whereas he was fighting with Gil . Aaaa i'm still hoping for a UBW ( And I bet that it'll happen ) Never mind ... But I'm wondering, do we know how Archer invented this poem ? How did he get the idea to invent a poem just for starting his realty marble ?
charlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 15:57   Link #818
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

The chant acts like a trigger. Without it, UBW cannot expand. Or so we think.

As we said earlier, we suppose the chant is here to tell about the soul of the Reality Marble user. Hence, it describes the Reality Marble itself.
Old 2006-06-05, 15:59   Link #819
LCeh

Question regarding Gilgamesh:

It should take a lot of mana for one to just summon their noble phantasms right? I remember Shirou noting how Saber was exhausted just from summoning her noble phantasm during the fight with Berserker. So for Gilgamesh to summon so many noble phantasms, does that mean he has a whole ton of mana? Or does that mean that simply he is an exception and does not require much mana to summon his noble phantasms due to gate of babylon?
Old 2006-06-05, 16:07   Link #820
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
Question regarding Gilgamesh:

It should take a lot of mana for one to just summon their noble phantasms right? I remember Shirou noting how Saber was exhausted just from summoning her noble phantasm during the fight with Berserker. So for Gilgamesh to summon so many noble phantasms, does that mean he has a whole ton of mana? Or does that mean that simply he is an exception and does not require much mana to summon his noble phantasms due to gate of babylon?
A bit of both. But mainly because he has a ton of mana thanks to the Holy Grail's content that spilt onto him during the last war.