AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-06, 20:35   Link #61
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I consider myself fairly masculine, so I suppose Full Moon wo Sagashite and Peach Girl are guilty pleasures, even though they were extremely well-done (within their genre). I, to this day, still watch the original Pokemon and enjoy it (mainly for nostalgic purposes... I wasted two years of my life on it). I also highly enjoyed Koi Kaze.. though I don't really think it should be a guilty pleasure... Just adding it since others did.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 04:47   Link #62
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Series that've you enjoyed but felt guilty about afterwards.

As the title implies have you ever watched a series that you've enjoyed immensely, only to realise after you've finished watching it that its actually disturbing that you did?

For me its definitely Higurashi Naku Koro Ni/Kai. I loved the series immensely and its in my top 10 series of all time. Problem is that the characters in it are just so OMFG super-moe that when
Spoiler for plot spoliers:
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 08:41   Link #63
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, for me, it's not really disturbing, but letting other people know that I've read Ai Ore (one of Mayu Shinjo's series, the one with the male lead looking like Kira Yamato. Also known as Blaue Rosen).

I personally find it.... a guilty pleasure, and I do feel my face getting a little hot when I bought volume 3.

The drama CDs were the main draw for me. Hoshi Soichiro voicing a Kira Yamato look-alike in a SHOJO setting? Priceless. Damn. I feel like a fujioshi.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 09:51   Link #64
Talsecas

I don't think you should feel guilty for enjoying a show, I mean, if you weren't meant to enjoy it why did they make it in the first place? lol I guess for me it'd be Dragonball. I usually don't like stuff like that, but it was amusing. Same thign with Lucky Star. I'd be embarassed if my friends saw the show, they'd think I'm a pedophile for liking it lol.
Talsecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 11:07   Link #65
solomon

Sekirei, nuff said.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 11:52   Link #66
tetsuo
In Classic Form

I felt pretty guilty likin' Higurashi as well, with all the violence and such. Also about liking School Days just cause its pretty f'd up. >.> And Ichigo Mashimaro....cause well its one of the ultimate loli shows, and yeah...yeah.
tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 16:49   Link #67
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Rosario + Vampire and Simoun

I'm a girl so I normally don't like ecchi anime but for some reason I like R+V a lot. Simoun is a yuri anime so I always get embarrassed when people find out that I like that show.
Old 2008-10-13, 19:11   Link #68
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Gulity pleasures? The closest would be UFO Princess Valkyrie. I know the show sucks, but I can't help but like it. Maybe it's all the catgirls... Neko mimi modo FTW!
Thats actually mine as well. It really isnt that great of a show, but for some reason I like it.
Old 2008-10-13, 21:11   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
1) Let's get it out of the way, anime rated Rx.

2) Cardcaptor Sakura. Granted that it's really not weird to like this classic series, but when you're male and this is your favorite series of all time, it's quite weird.

3) Moetan.

4) Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter. I was totally touched by this episode I called a masterpiece.

5) All series involving romance as a major genre. If I leave the Internet and hang out with my "anime friends" IRL, they really do only watch action series, so it's kind of embarrassing to say how much I love Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or something similar.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 00:19   Link #70
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
Kaleido Freakin' Star

Im so ashamed
I love Kaleido Star. (LOL quoting someone on the first page...)

Other than that, I don't really have anything I'd consider guilty pleasure anime. I love dorky crap, but I rarely if ever feel embarrassed about it.
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 08:15   Link #71
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Gundam Seed Destiny, Mazinkaiser OVA.
Old 2008-10-14, 09:33   Link #72
othera

Quote:
Originally Posted by daznsun View Post
I like watching stupid romantic comedies... oh the shame...
Me to.

Everyone i talk to thinks all i watch is horror(which is true, i watch horror and like 1 anime series a month, then moar horror)
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 13:52   Link #73
Ermes Marana

Most guilty:

1. Magical Pokan

I don't know why or how I liked this. I don't like lolis (even in this show) but liked the show somehow.

2. Guardian Hearts

Again... how could I like this? Stupid ecchi, but I liked it somehow.

3. Iketeru Futari

Wouldn't admit to watching this.

4. Golden Boy

Good show but embarassing.

5. Re:Cutie Honey

Same as 4.

6. Kaleido Star

Just kidding, great show but not embarassing at all.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:16   Link #74
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Mine are definitely boob related, with Grenadier and Kamen no Maid Guy.

I know Grenadier is silly and the characters are bland and the girl COMPLETELY shadows the guy, but I can't help but like it nonetheless. And that's definitely the best way to take advantage of a bouncing bust, by keeping ammo in it. I know it wasn't going to be good once that balloon girl showed up, but I liked it still.

Kamen no Maid Guy is the same way because it's silly and stupid and the main, busty character is kind of an airhead, but it's great thanks to Kogarashi. And it focuses on the comedy more than the boobs or maid-appeal, so I have to respect it for that. Especially since this came out when tons of other harem animes were out, so it's just great. As quirky and idiotic as it is, I can't help but laugh at it.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 16:11   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Almost any of the lesser eroge adaptations tend to be "guilty pleasures". Once in a while one will climb out of the rut and be special to me (Kanon, AIR, KKPR, Canvas 2).

I make no apologies for romantic comedies (e.g. Lov*Com, Toradora, REC) or 'slice of life' (e.g. ARIA, Kyou no Go no Ni, Azu Da).

Watching something like this season's Kemeko DX or Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka is definitely a guilty feeling -- too early to tell if its a pleasure yet.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:29   Link #76
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Contrary to most people's answers in this thread, my "guilty pleasures" are kids' shows. I enjoyed watching YuGiOh and Beyblade. I even re-watch some of my favorite episodes ever once in a while. Although I watch those two shows mostly for the characters (Kai and Kaiba respectively) they are still kids' shows and I don't bring them up, unless somebody else does.

There, I said it. I feel better now
Old 2008-10-14, 18:35   Link #77
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Also, I watch Naruto and Bleach. It's kinda ironic how you always meet groups who 1) hates Naruto and Bleach and you would never want to tell them you're watching these anime or 2) only know about Naruto, Bleach, and other shounen series. Why can't people be normal like me and not have extreme opinions about these two anime?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 09:37   Link #78
emotionless_teenage
mr. nice guy

let me see
sekirei,kodomo no jikan,magikano.......................(plus some ero anime........which i won't gonna tell you >///>)
mai friend knows me as an 'ecchi/ero-hater'.i wonder what would happen if they know mai own 'dark side'?
emotionless_teenage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 14:18   Link #79
RandomCL
OH WORD

Send a message via AIM to RandomCL
For me, it is generic actioners like TTGL, One Piece, etc... not so much Naruto/Bleach and the like. What I mean is shows that have little intellectual merit (debate the "deep meanings" in TTGL all you want, the show was mainly popular because of the style and bravado), but are entertaining to watch. I don't like action movies for the most part, so I find it odd that I like generic action anime. Said shows aren't bad, I just feel a bit guilty for liking them.
RandomCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 14:26   Link #80
Solafighter
Hige

Mh Golden Boy and Kodomo no Jikan come to mind.