AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-17, 20:34   Link #1
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Winny and Share questions

I have two questions.


1. Is there an English patch for the newest version of Winny?

2. Could someone explain clusters in Share to me? Apparently I need them to be able to search or do anything in Share but could someone actually elaborate on the details of what they are and why I need them?
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 02:45   Link #2
hhaamu
Don't panic.
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Age: 28
2) Clusters ("interests") determine what kind of peers you want to connect to. Everyone writes keywords in clusters, and unless one of the keywords in your cluster match the other peer's keywords, share disconnects. Max 5 clusters active at a time. Try 「アニメ」 if you intend searching for and sharing it.
__________________

(actually, any browser is fine to me as long as it doesn't use IE's rendering engine...)
Generating the #animesuki stats since 2003
hhaamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 16:49   Link #3
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Yeah I have the problem where all the SHARE servers disconnect within 90 secs, usually within like 10 secs...

And I have the アニメ clusterword set as well. Could a firewall somehow cause them to disconnect me prematurely?

Maybe the UDP version would work better through a firewall since its usually TCP ports that get blocked? I get into their queue but get disconnected immediately then after...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 19:32   Link #4
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
I have two questions.
1. Is there an English patch for the newest version of Winny?
No. There is no english patch for 2b7x.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 20:42   Link #5
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaamu
2) Clusters ("interests") determine what kind of peers you want to connect to. Everyone writes keywords in clusters, and unless one of the keywords in your cluster match the other peer's keywords, share disconnects. Max 5 clusters active at a time. Try 「アニメ」 if you intend searching for and sharing it.
That's "anime", right?

What's the one for "manga"?
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 02:50   Link #6
hhaamu
Don't panic.
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Age: 28
I believe the cluster for that is named 「一般コミック」 "ordinary comics." I may be wrong though.
__________________

(actually, any browser is fine to me as long as it doesn't use IE's rendering engine...)
Generating the #animesuki stats since 2003
hhaamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 04:36   Link #7
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ISDB-T
Age: 28
http://bbs.chiisai.net/download/kareha.pl/1122836036/
For a list of cluster keywords.

Another way to find good ones is to have TESTER_WORKS as a cluster keyword and observe what other nodes has for their keywords.
__________________
| ffmpegsource
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 05:48   Link #8
Quarkboy
Anime Translator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Yeah I have the problem where all the SHARE servers disconnect within 90 secs, usually within like 10 secs...

And I have the アニメ clusterword set as well. Could a firewall somehow cause them to disconnect me prematurely?

Maybe the UDP version would work better through a firewall since its usually TCP ports that get blocked? I get into their queue but get disconnected immediately then after...
That problem is almost certainly a port forwarding issue. It could also be caused by your ISP blocking share traffic, which is possible, but relatively improbable outside of Japan, I think.
__________________
Yomiuri Television Enterprise
International Media Strategy Chief
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.