AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-01-01, 20:04   Link #461
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I loved all about this OVA however I was surprised about Schrodinger's thought when he appeared to Zorin inside Sera's mind:

"Blood is the currency of the soul and the silverplate of the will" ..... dammm Schrodinger! thats deep dawg!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 09:28   Link #462
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I just really wish 5-7 would have their english DVD's released, it really cooks my goose that nothing's been done at the moment. It'll drive me crazy if I can't have them (it's one of the few series I like in english, so 3 R2 DVD's would irritate me, when I have the first 4 in R4).
Old 2010-01-02, 13:03   Link #463
Gai-Kakashi

Yeah, same here.

Thankfully, the BEST PART of Hellsing is just around the corner. OVA 8 and 9 will likely contain my favorite scenes with Alucard and Anderson (which shows just how alike they really are) and takes the 'war' to an entirely different level.

It will be glorious.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 17:03   Link #464
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

OVA 7 was amazing. And it's only with it that I realized I had totally forgotten about Seras' backstory, that flashback was hard to watch. I can't wait for the next episode. They're really doing the manga justice with these OVAs.

By the way, shouldn't this thread be in the current series forum?
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 17:18   Link #465
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I just really wish 5-7 would have their english DVD's released, it really cooks my goose that nothing's been done at the moment. It'll drive me crazy if I can't have them (it's one of the few series I like in english, so 3 R2 DVD's would irritate me, when I have the first 4 in R4).
U know I've been wondering about that too... it would really suck if they wait till all hellsing OVAs have been release to resume dubbing... still about a year to a year and a half till all OVAs are out ... agrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-Kakashi View Post
Yeah, same here.

Thankfully, the BEST PART of Hellsing is just around the corner. OVA 8 and 9 will likely contain my favorite scenes with Alucard and Anderson (which shows just how alike they really are) and takes the 'war' to an entirely different level.

It will be glorious.
I can hardly wait...... gosh I'll have to keep myself busy with some work in the mean time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
OVA 7 was amazing. And it's only with it that I realized I had totally forgotten about Seras' backstory, that flashback was hard to watch. I can't wait for the next episode. They're really doing the manga justice with these OVAs.

By the way, shouldn't this thread be in the current series forum?
It should be. I dunno how big or small the hellsing following is in this forum but it seems to me its a cult-like following, in other words not so big, so we can't expect for people to be completely up to date with whats going on with these OVAs since they are released so far apart from each other.

My take is that many started watching Hellsing Ultimate but because of the episode release rate they most likely dropped the series.... still it would be nice for a mod to try to keep this series alive for a while by moving it to the "current series" forum.... or at least to the "licensed series" forum? Or Perhaps they are just grouping the first Hellsing (TV) series with the OVAs
Old 2010-01-03, 00:20   Link #466
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

It probably doesn't help that the series is only getting a new episode every ~6 months. So it would be constantly falling in and out of current viewing, and with that in mind its probably just better to leave it in the older series forum.
Old 2010-01-03, 01:32   Link #467
Gai-Kakashi

It's out of context, so no real spoilers, but my favorite lines are coming up soon.

Spoiler for Hellsing:

Gives me chills every time.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 14:36   Link #468
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It doesn't have to be willing. Alucard has a number of souls stored inside his body, and I doubt any of them were willing. Seras drank Pip's blood and also gained his memories and past experiences. She is also considered a true vampire now.
Nope. She didn't only gain that, she gained his entire life and his soul. Blood sucking means for vampires, according to Integra, traffic and commerce with people's entire existences.

In Alucard's case:

Spoiler for Volume 8 spoilers:

In Seras' case:

Spoiler for Spoilers in General?:
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 14:43   Link #469
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^^^ u just made me go "awwww" for a second. Feeling really inappropriate now, especially in a Hellsing thread, lol
Old 2010-01-04, 14:47   Link #470
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I like how you said "Nope", even though I said the same thing except some major details which are spoilers (and FYI, aren't allowed).
Old 2010-01-04, 15:18   Link #471
Thess

You omitted a BIG part of it, making it sound as if they were only memories. I marked the real spoilers (and you threw a spoiler too, about Alucard). The others are even said by Schr÷dinger in this volume ("blood is the currency of the soul, give and take blood implies that") in this volume and hinted by the credits (although it's less spoiler-iffic than OVA 3 credits ).

CuXe: it's alright! There are few things in Hellsing that make you go dawww, but they do exist.

Last edited by Thess; 2010-01-04 at 15:33.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:54   Link #472
-Sho-
~Omedet˘~

Short Trailer for ova 8 is out (well it's late )

- Remaining forces -

Letztes Bataillon : 572

Aerial Crusade : 2875

Hellsing order : 3 GO pawn them ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 18:33   Link #473
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

That last scene with the 3 is epic!
Old 2010-01-23, 19:27   Link #474
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Holly Molly! Somehow the word EPIC doesn't quite cover the awesomeness of whats up a head....at least not anymore
Old 2010-01-26, 19:48   Link #475
Friday
Im shy too...

should that be "6"????
or doesn't walter and the 2 surviving soldiers count????

anyway we still yet to see walters fight sence
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 20:15   Link #476
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
should that be "6"????
or doesn't walter and the 2 surviving soldiers count????

anyway we still yet to see walters fight sence
well the 2 surviving soldiers are "JUST" humans and not as bad-ass as Integra so I am pretty sure they don't count as fighters lol ... now the real question lies with Walter...
Old 2010-01-27, 05:15   Link #477
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I almost feel bad for whoever has to go up against Alucard. Almost. I would also like to say that anyone stupid enough to fight Alucard deserves to die.

Now, I hate to spoil it, but Walter IS in the trailer, if I'm not mistaken. You guys are just looking the the wrong place.... Watch it again, more carefully this time. You should see him, he's just not where you expect him to be. (Hint: He looks younger.)
Old 2010-01-27, 07:05   Link #478
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I almost feel bad for whoever has to go up against Alucard. Almost. I would also like to say that anyone stupid enough to fight Alucard deserves to die.
Amen to that brotha!

Quote:
Now, I hate to spoil it, but Walter IS in the trailer, if I'm not mistaken. You guys are just looking the the wrong place.... Watch it again, more carefully this time. You should see him, he's just not where you expect him to be. (Hint: He looks younger.)
OMFG!!!!!! WTF? Did he get brainwashed or something? OMFG!!! how did that happen??? Ohh nooessss!!!!! Hold on... Don't tell me.... I'd rather wait 5 more months to know whats going on....

OMG!!!! O.M.F.G!
Old 2010-01-27, 07:11   Link #479
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
On the right at 0:12? I thought he got turned into a shota

Oooh I hate waiting...
Old 2010-01-27, 15:42   Link #480
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
That's not him...

Tags
action, seinen