AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-04, 21:52   Link #561
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because we at least know the other work they have and also having experienced R1 release delays due to a full schedule, it's easier to understand.

To answer your queston. Not really. A PR poster is not an explanation or even a hint as to what's really going on.
And let's not forget how long it took Hirano to finish the manga as it is...
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 03:22   Link #562
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Speaking of the manga, i'm starting to get mighty tempted to just go finish the story in that format.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 04:54   Link #563
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because we at least know the other work they have and also having experienced R1 release delays due to a full schedule, it's easier to understand.

To answer your queston. Not really. A PR poster is not an explanation or even a hint as to what's really going on.
I really don't understand where you are coming from. Madhouse is an animation production studio. They are contracted by Geneon to work on Hellsing Ultimate. I fail to see how having other projects to work on from other producers has any bearing on justifying their delays on Hellsing Ultimate. Why should Geneon care that Madhouse is making Iron Man or Wolverine? If Madhouse has taken on more jobs than they can handle, then they are failing at meeting production deadlines, and they would be annoying Geneon just as much as Satelight would have.

I would like to see some consistency from you, that's all. You made the claim that the blu-ray box is being redone significantly because Geneon did not like Satelight's work. There is no basis for this claim at all, as I have pointed out. It is baseless mudslinging on your part, which you then attempted to support with the claim that Satelight did not meet their deadlines. Now I'm pointing out that Madhouse is not meeting their deadlines either. Vol8 is nowhere in sight, the blu-ray box is being delayed again and again.

It is very clear that Hellsing Ultimate is a very troubled production overall, but there is no evidence to point that Madhouse is handling it any better than Satelight was. The only difference is that Madhouse has not been replaced yet. We have no way of knowing unless the Geneon producer himself comes out to say it, but Satelight might not even have been removed from the project. It could simply have taken so many years that the staff at Satelight decided to opt out of the project so they can work on other things instead.

You like pointing out that we have "no way of knowing" what happens behind the scenes in production, yet you would happily bad mouth Satelight for their great work on the OVA, while praising Madhouse for what you claim to be better work (which is not proven in either improved animation quality, nor a faster release schedule).

If you do not want to admit that Madhouse could just be as troubled in terms of production planning as Satelight was, then at least stop bad mouthing Satelight for things you have no proof over. If you want to bad mouth Satelight for how Kissdum or Basquash turned out, that's all fine because the facts are there. Hellsing Ultimate on other hand has always been something that Satelight can be proud of, because they did a damn fine job on the first four volumes.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 06:41   Link #564
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Speaking of the manga, i'm starting to get mighty tempted to just go finish the story in that format.
I'm still somehow holding on.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 20:38   Link #565
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hellsing Ultimate on other hand has always been something that Satelight can be proud of, because they did a damn fine job on the first four volumes.
They were fairly mediocre in my opinion (well not episode 1, that was downright awful). The pacing was all over the place, all except episode 2 seemed weak and souless with static images, bad cgi and terrible art (which is also Nakamori's fault). Rip's football player shoulders are a nightmare like Integra lacking a friggin' nose in episode 1. I got second-handed embarrassment after watching episode 1, I have to admit until this day I can't force myself to watch that mess again.

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0064/1228

An image speaks louder than words, I believe. Satelight vs Madhouse, ladies and gentlemen. Perhaps now I can bring myself to watch it.

I would have dropped Hellsing if hadn't been for Madhouse saving the entire franchise after episode 5 (one episode of transmission between the companies) which is still far superior to any of the other four overall.

This doesn't mean Satelight is a bad company... I liked some other stuff they have produced animation for, it wasn't the right for Hellsing (neither was Gonzo I guess). Madhouse seems to be the only one that manages to bring forth the right atmosphere and quality that fits a good adaptation.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 17:16   Link #566
alucard13mm
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
lol i read the manga to finish it XD.. the ova is much different than the anime series.. i guess nazi's were iffy back then
__________________
alucard13mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 17:20   Link #567
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
lol i read the manga to finish it XD.. the ova is much different than the anime series.. i guess nazi's were iffy back then
There wasn't enough material to adapt form at the time.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2010-09-07 at 10:16.
chaos_alfa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 07:43   Link #568
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003TQC9EW

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry anymore. Geneon's production schedule on Hellsing Ultimate is just so totally pathetic. The Blu-ray box set seems to be delayed again. The official site still says 30th Sept, but Amazon Japan says it'll only be shipping on 22nd October now. Lol?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 08:06   Link #569
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003TQC9EW

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry anymore. Geneon's production schedule on Hellsing Ultimate is just so totally pathetic. The Blu-ray box set seems to be delayed again. The official site still says 30th Sept, but Amazon Japan says it'll only be shipping on 22nd October now. Lol?
Seriously, this is not new with OVAs. There is a reason why most production schedules with OVAs only give vague terms on release dates. No one ever manages to get things done on time because there is no restriction in the length of the show. It's like Duke Nukem Forever; you keep thinking you can add more content, and it gets to the point when you realised the extra stuff means extending the deadline. Compare that to a TV episode, which you know can't be longer than 25 minutes.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 08:42   Link #570
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Seriously, this is not new with OVAs. There is a reason why most production schedules with OVAs only give vague terms on release dates. No one ever manages to get things done on time because there is no restriction in the length of the show. It's like Duke Nukem Forever; you keep thinking you can add more content, and it gets to the point when you realised the extra stuff means extending the deadline. Compare that to a TV episode, which you know can't be longer than 25 minutes.
But this isn't even a new episode, it's just a re-release of the first 5 volumes on blu-ray, with corrections and improvements. They know exactly how long it is because they're not adding new scenes. And even then, it has been delayed three times now!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 12:49   Link #571
SantaC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
lol duckroll getting owned at this forum.
SantaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 17:22   Link #572
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Speaking of the manga, i'm starting to get mighty tempted to just go finish the story in that format.
I read it. I rather liked the ending, as cliched as it was.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 16:53   Link #573
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Yup, the delay is confirmed. October 22 is the new date.

http://db.geneonuniversal.jp/search_...ftid=GNXA-1100
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 19:15   Link #574
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
ahh damit! u got me all excited there for a sec.. I thought we had, at last, a release date for ova 8 ...

LOL......
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 22:15   Link #575
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
ahh damit! u got me all excited there for a sec.. I thought we had, at last, a release date for ova 8 ...

LOL......
We do. A DELAYED date, which is not what we were looking for.

Why does it take so damn long? I mean, seriously. Is it really because the project's been shifted from one studio (or company) to another like I've been hearing?
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 22:42   Link #576
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
We do. A DELAYED date, which is not what we were looking for.

Why does it take so damn long? I mean, seriously. Is it really because the project's been shifted from one studio (or company) to another like I've been hearing?
Damn... Hellsing is becoming the Duke Nukem Forever of animes with all these delays.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 00:31   Link #577
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
We do. A DELAYED date, which is not what we were looking for.

Why does it take so damn long? I mean, seriously. Is it really because the project's been shifted from one studio (or company) to another like I've been hearing?
No we don't. This is not for Vol8. This is for the Blu-ray boxset of Vol1-5. Vol8 doesn't even exist at the moment because they can't even finish cleaning up animation for a HD remaster of the first 5 volumes. Don't expect Vol8 anytime this year, even early next year.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 19:12   Link #578
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No we don't. This is not for Vol8. This is for the Blu-ray boxset of Vol1-5. Vol8 doesn't even exist at the moment because they can't even finish cleaning up animation for a HD remaster of the first 5 volumes. Don't expect Vol8 anytime this year, even early next year.
Yeap, that was my understanding after reading the link u posted...

Sad n tough facts to swallow....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 22:05   Link #579
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No we don't. This is not for Vol8. This is for the Blu-ray boxset of Vol1-5. Vol8 doesn't even exist at the moment because they can't even finish cleaning up animation for a HD remaster of the first 5 volumes. Don't expect Vol8 anytime this year, even early next year.
Oh, well that's even worse.

Just freaking SHOOT ME NOW.

*bang*
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 18:17   Link #580
SantaC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No we don't. This is not for Vol8. This is for the Blu-ray boxset of Vol1-5. Vol8 doesn't even exist at the moment because they can't even finish cleaning up animation for a HD remaster of the first 5 volumes. Don't expect Vol8 anytime this year, even early next year.
duckroll of neogaf i presume?

Of course it exist! It is just that we dont know how far they are, but wiki lists Vol 8 to come out in October now. A couple of weeks ago it just said TBA, so MAYBE someone know something we dont?

Quote:
"Hellsing VIII" October 2010
SantaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.