AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-01-18, 18:00   Link #1
viperlance

So, we are in an "original story" arc now.

What is the definition of filler?? I thought filler is just one or two episodes that has nothing to do with the main story, which are ussually created by a different team form the main team that create the main story.

But episode 64th doesn's seems to be a filler to me due to the fact that is has a solid story.
viperlance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 18:01   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yes. This is filler. It has nothing to do with the main story and it is created by a different team from the main story. It was not in the manga. You are absolutely correct with your definition of filler.

Perhaps Bleach is going to prove that filler can also have a solid story. We haven't seen enough to be sure that the story is solid, but it does look very promising. You only believe that filler has to be bad because you've never seen any well written filler.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 11:40   Link #3
The Stig
The Stig

Yea its too early to be making a judgement on the filler arc yet. 64 did have some manga elements implemented into it however. Those that follow both will know what I'm talking about. The animation looks second level to me but thats relatively minor because it is a filler arc. There's some funny elements to this past episode that made me smile a bit, so I'm hopeful for the remainder of the arc. But yes the new ending is disturbing.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 13:58   Link #4
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I have it downloaded on my hdd, but I'm going scan now
it's still nice to have "filler arc" with Renji and Ichigo (maybe Chad and somebody else) instead of Kurakura's team (or whatever)... maybe kids were fun and refreshing after some tenshion, but whole arc about them would work worse than all Naruto's fillers
form preview that I saw in 1h special, and screencap, It might be something cool, but I wonder how they'll explain it all (did they go to hell, or new dimention) if evilg guys aren't shinigami or hollows (or anything like that) than they being Chad/Inoue super humans with powers would be nice to prove that something like that happens
Old 2006-01-20, 14:39   Link #5
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Anyone NOT giving the filler a chance?

It may be illogical, but I'm not downloading 1 more bleach episode until we're back on to the normal manga storyline. I may be being unfair towards the filler, but I've had Naruto ruined for me, so I'm refusing to watch any bleach filler. Anyone with me?
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 16:13   Link #6
Rurik
Golden

I will, Give Bleach Filler a Chance, I got a couple of Anime that have a entire arc made only by filler, and it was enjoyable, The one that comes to mind right away is Full Metal Alchemist.

Naruto on the other hand, I saw it coming that the Animation team was not that good in making stories, hence we have a current load of Stories that are really bad.

In the case of Bleach, I have not seen the recent Episode, but many people comment that the Story quality is good, and that the filler sequence show promise.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 16:27   Link #7
acidflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
It may be illogical, but I'm not downloading 1 more bleach episode until we're back on to the normal manga storyline. I may be being unfair towards the filler, but I've had Naruto ruined for me, so I'm refusing to watch any bleach filler. Anyone with me?
Nope. NARUTO AND BLEACH ARE NOT DIRECTED BY THE SAME PERSON.

But hey, I have a question. If one anime ruined your entire impression on anime, I suppose you wouldn't watch another anime ever again? Right?

Haha, but anyways, its your loss. =P

Oh yes, another question would be, if you had one bad experience with a soccer ball, I suppose you'll never touch or go near a soccer ball again (meaning you'll never play soccer again).
Old 2006-01-20, 16:34   Link #8
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

It just gets on my nerves with manga freaks have to perpetuate the fact that we are watching filler...What many of them gloss over or forget is that nearly every anime series (accept the 26 and under, but even them sometimes) have filler episodes...It doesn't matter...All that matters is that it is good...If it is good, it's just an episode of Bleach...

Naruto's filler isn't that good, but that doesn't mean everytime a filler arc comes up we have to get this condesending pattern started of doubting or feeling bad about filler...Get over it guys (including manga-heads)...Fillers are just new episodes of BLEACH and if they are good new episodes then that's just what it is nothing more...For the longest I thought SS arc could be filler with how slow and methodical it had become, but it got great down the stretch..If this current arc does the same I'll feel no different about it than I did about the last...N00bz get clouded when they here it's filler arc, feeling it isn't worth watching (I read n00bz all the time asking should I skip so and so cause it's filler)...I just wish we could kill this stereotype...Fillers are just (episodics) episodes of the show...If manga doesn't exist to you it's even more than that...
Old 2006-01-20, 17:17   Link #9
scorpio516

Filler is only one episode and stand alone (unless its a bebop-like series with all the episodes episodic).

Ep 64 definatly is not filler as it seems like the start of atleast a mini arc.

IMHO
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 17:22   Link #10
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516
Filler is only one episode and stand alone (unless its a bebop-like series with all the episodes episodic).
Not all the time. I mean...the last like 30+ (I think) episodes of Naruto has been filler. Filler is basically just a term to describe an "original" concept that was placed into an anime that was not present in the manga. It doesn't necessarily have to be just one episode, nor does it being filler automatically make it bad (general statement, not directed towards anyone).
[14:22] <~lucifer> Dark` has to stay around to QC Genshiken s2
[14:22] <~lucifer> since you guys won't
[14:22] <~lucifer> So he gets the blessing of "Least Faggoty".
[14:22] <@Dark`> =D
[14:22] <~lucifer> Then after I finish Genshiken S2 dvd rips, he's free game.
[14:22] <~lucifer> (Read: Canada's getting blown up.)
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 23:02   Link #11
primalmx
ThE aUStRoPoLaDiAn

Send a message via AIM to primalmx Send a message via MSN to primalmx
Haven't seen 64 yet... but as long as they dont do episodes about "what happened up to now" I coudl care less As for Naruto... I saw 10 ps of it.... lol... that series is too long :P

~prime
primalmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 23:13   Link #12
Eclipze

I think there are 2 types of fillers:
1) 1-3 episodes that have nothing to do with the story, just to fill some gaps before continuing the story.
2) mini arcs, like the one Bleach is starting now, and Naruto ones.

For me, PoT did a great job at their fillers(1-2 episodes stuff). They were suppose to be funny, and they were.

Even the entire episode 130-178(all of which was different/not shown in the manga) were well done, no sudden mockery like the ones in Naruto (especially the part about the bug hunt....ug).

Does the Bleach filler arc have a potential? Yes, specific 3 villians that dont look silly is pretty much good enough for me.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 23:30   Link #13
sceeZer

Send a message via MSN to sceeZer
i totally agree with you darkness. im getting tierd of ppl not even giving this a chanse. this filler actually seems interesting. for the ppl who dont read the manga we dont really know the difference anyway so...

i will admit some of the naruto mfillers have been CRAP but others have been ok. just because it doesent help the main manga story doesent mean it cant be cool. hell even the non fillers ep suck from time to time. maybe we will get more happy with bleach filler then naruto ones. not even looking at the first ep cuz "it might get ruined" if you dont like it after watching the first one and it doesent apeal to you then dont download until it starts with manga story again...

i might be coming of a bit harsh here and i dont mean to just some of these manga readers doesent even give it a chanse. just my 2 cents
sceeZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 00:36   Link #14
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I'm suprised at the number of manga aspects they put into this episode.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 02:04   Link #15
Sirch

Well, as long as they aren't on some scooby-doo adventure that give little to no entertainment value, i dont mind filler arcs.

The anime has been almost dead on to the manga up till now, so I think i can handle some new stuff.
Old 2006-01-21, 03:08   Link #16
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Manga follower just pissed over filler arc because they lost their crystal ball advantage to their anime only viewer counterpart

If, for example, you've never even read the manga .. do you even know that this arc is a filler? Do you enjoy it? Just keep these question in mind .. If it do, does it matter if its filler or not?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 03:31   Link #17
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I think you hit it right on the head even if you were kidding K_R...Now that manga-heads don't have that pseudo-superiority and can't bask in the glory of knowing more than anime-only viewers they scream "FILLER-ARC!!!" Well time to see how the other guy lives...Is the grass greener on this side I wonder?

Anyways this normal episode of BLEACH was pretty good and I'm excited to see where these normal episodes go...
Old 2006-01-21, 03:37   Link #18
Clarste
Human

Meh, I can usually tell if something is a filler arc or not based on the character designs for the arc characters. It's pointless to assert this in hindsight, but I believe that the new characters for this arc are sufficiently different that I would think this was filler, even if I hadn't read the manga. In this case, costume design mostly.

Not that fillers are always bad, but they usually stick out.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 03:58   Link #19
real folk blues..

i don't understand why people would bitch or rave about this filler arc.. we're only one episode into it!
for those who are looking for something meaningful in all this should just turn away, but for us mere mortals.. we just want something for laughs and keep our minds off the real world.
@wingdarkness.. i prefer you being very colourful instead of trying too hard to be eloquent
Old 2006-01-21, 04:19   Link #20
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Sorry 1.0.7., but in addition to being arrogant, I'm colorful and eloquent ...

You'll just have to like one-side and ignore the other I guess...I pretty much concur with what you just said, but I think "so-called" filler eps can have as much if not more meaning than it's counterpart...It's all up to the viewer...Once again if manga doesn't exist this whole conversation would be void...If I didn't have Roadrunner high speed internet the same would be true...You wouldn't know what these new eps were...

Like Bahamut89 I can tell when a anime shifts from episodes or the atmosphere of the series changes (which is an indication of filler)..The difference is it doesn't matter to me as long as it's good...Sometimes filler exist for the soul purpose of giving you more character interaction without having to progress the overall plot...Think about how many characters BLEACH has...Is it really that bad to cut half of them out right now and put more focus on the main cast? A filler arc can serve the purpose of giving characters more depth, something that is ridiculously missing in the Soul Society arc were there are far too many characters given screentime (for development that is, the little 2 minute side-stories of each character isn't enuff)...Hopefully these new eps will serve the purpose I'm getting at...