AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-01-24, 08:06   Link #41
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW
Blame wingdarkness It is his pet peeve, not mine. I'm just having fun with his crusade...
Hmmm...Is this crusade really beneath me?

Nah...Because atleast it's something...

Quote:
You mean euphemisms.
Heh...You should've red-worded that...
Old 2006-01-24, 08:10   Link #42
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

NoSanninWa but but but I cant wait :P
*L*but you have a point *L*
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 05:23   Link #43
chidzuyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
It may be illogical, but I'm not downloading 1 more bleach episode until we're back on to the normal manga storyline. I may be being unfair towards the filler, but I've had Naruto ruined for me, so I'm refusing to watch any bleach filler. Anyone with me?
That's sad and silly at the same time. Don't put the same judgement on everything. You never know what you're going to get!
chidzuyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 01:51   Link #44
Uruz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Even if that is the end of this particular story arc, I doubt that it is the end of the filler. That isn't likely to be enough episodes to give the manga enough of a head start. Besides, I suspect from manga information that we need more filler. Kubo Tito really did a great job of setting up the filler. It is more as if this "filler" was excised from the manga, than added to the anime. When reading the manga it really felt as if something was left out. Manga readers can see the shape of that hole.

Here's my evidence if you don't mind a very little bit of manga spoiling. (It's quite minor.)

Spoiler for manga at end of spoiler arc:
You make a good point and I definitely agree that it felt like there was just too much missing in the transition of arcs. After watching 65, it looks like they're slowing transitioning through the "original story" arc so as to make it less "filler" like.

Spoiler for future episode titles:
Uruz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 02:33   Link #45
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uruz7
You make a good point and I definitely agree that it felt like there was just too much missing in the transition of arcs. After watching 65, it looks like they're slowing transitioning through the "original story" arc so as to make it less "filler" like.

Spoiler for future episode titles:
I see it more as a group of transition episodes till the next arc more than a 'filler' arc. Especially if they keep adding random manga elements to delute the anime-only parts like they have been...
Old 2006-01-26, 06:34   Link #46
Rurouni

I just started watching Bleach and I'm at episode 23 now. Can anyone tell me where this 'original arc' starts of and how many episodes it will be?
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 06:47   Link #47
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni
I just started watching Bleach and I'm at episode 23 now. Can anyone tell me where this 'original arc' starts of and how many episodes it will be?
It started at episode 64. That was just 2 episodes ago and we have no idea on how long it might be. We're pretty sure that it will run until at least episode 70, but after that is a complete lack of knowlege.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 16:53   Link #48
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

I were just wondering, how come that bleach already take a filler break already?
There are 210 manga chapters right? and we have 63 bleach episodes that follow the manga, also correct?
Compared to Naruto about 290 chapters, and the series is now 169 eps long. Still there are only about 30 filler eps in total.

So my point is why is this filler break needed right now?

My anime list Here.
radzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 17:11   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by radzor
I were just wondering, how come that bleach already take a filler break already?
There are 210 manga chapters right? and we have 63 bleach episodes that follow the manga, also correct?
Compared to Naruto about 290 chapters, and the series is now 169 eps long. Still there are only about 30 filler eps in total.

So my point is why is this filler break needed right now?
Because it would be a lot harder to make a filler in the middle of what seems to be the final arc of the Bleach story. Instead, they're putting fillers into the time between the end of the Soul Society arc and the beginning of the Arankall arc, which makes more sense and is easier to do, too.
Old 2006-01-30, 18:04   Link #50
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The filler is also now because while each episode of Bleach covers approximately 3 manga chapters, each episode of Naruto covers only 2 manga chapters. That means that Bleach catches up a LOT faster. The manga is only a little bit ahead of the anime right now. If we didn't have any filler at this point, it would catch up in less than a year.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 01:03   Link #51
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

Ok thanks you guys, that made things alot clearer to me.

My anime list Here.
radzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 12:08   Link #52
Guido

According to the information I researched on Wikipedia about Bleach, the filler arc has been tentatively named as Agents from Hell.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 15:38   Link #53
killing the dream

I wish the fillers were more like Fumoffu is to FMP

I know there are certain elements that make the fillers humorous and what not, but I hate the fact that there are villains envolved in the fillers because to me it just cheapens Ichigo's strength. IMO those new villlains are just lame.

So what this does (for me anyways) is it goes from this huge build up and shows how strong Ichigo has become by the end of the SS Arc, and now he can't even deal with these lame villains.

Lastly, I know fillers have to happen, to let the manga advance enough, I just wish they didn't cheapen the value of the characters strength by tring to introduce new villains.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-13 at 01:12. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
killing the dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 17:01   Link #54
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Fumoffu aired at late night (otaku hour). Bleach is a shounen anime with a prime time airing time with over 50 episodes. The animation budget was different from those two.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 19:44   Link #55
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Yeah, I don't see that happening it would take too much work for the animators, they don't like that.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 22:11   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach fillers vs. FMP Fumoffu isn't a fair comparison because the stories for FMP, FMP Fumoffu, and FMP TSR are written by the same author. Kj1980 wrote a detailed faq on the show in the FMP forum that can be read by following this url.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
Yeah, I don't see that happening it would take too much work for the animators, they don't like that.
If the animators get enough time and yen then they definitely won't mind working "too much." It's not the lack of enthusiasm that is troubling Bleach's filler arc, rather, it's most likely has to do with the lack of time, money, and a good story. Series like FMP took break that spanned years between each installment of the show, and as a result, we saw great execution of story and fantastic animation. As Maceart already pointed out, Bleach, being a shounen series, doesn't have those kind of luxury.
Old 2006-02-15, 16:31   Link #57
Cragnous
Cragkage the 1st

So is this ARC a filler arc or is this also in the manga?

So are these episodes from the mango or are they filler arc?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-15 at 17:52. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cragnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 16:39   Link #58
Scarlet

It's a fller arc. It does have a little manga sprinkled in though.

Expect the fillers to last a long time....If they went straight to the manga, it would be over in 10 episodes lol
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 16:48   Link #59
Cragnous
Cragkage the 1st

Ya well i'm gonna skip the filler arc. Just like Naruto... I guess i'll continue with other animes and when this filler gets over with i'll get right back on it... just like Naruto...
Old 2006-02-15, 16:49   Link #60
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't mind having a filler arc, actually. For me it is better, because Bleach becomes more diverse and can develop its characters more before they get back to the manga. I myself am enjoying it (a lot, actually) as compared to Naruto because instead of disparate fillers of stupidity we get fillers of thought and development. That alone is good enough for me.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote