AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2006-01-23, 21:15   Link #41
Furudanuki

Just saw a link over in the Fansubs section to the following information from animeondvd.com
Green Green Licensed (03:25 PM EST): According to an update at Right Stuf, Media Blasters has acquiried and solicited the first volume of Green Green TV for US distribution.
If this is true, and an anime like Green Green can get licensed for the US, then Shuffle! should have a much better shot than I've previously thought possible!
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 21:20   Link #42
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'd probably cringe the least if ADV or Geneon handled it ... but it all comes down to two departments: voice casting (and I mean assessing the acting skills in addition to the sound) and the translation writing --- the difference between Shakespeare and a daytime soap is in the writing... usually the same plot but ----
ADV Films and Geneon has a nice group of voice actors. I guess these two companies might dubbed it. But then again, we don't know for sure. Other possibilities are Bandai, Funimation, or Anime Works has chances of dubbing Shuffle! also.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 18:55   Link #43
someguy784

don't talk about getting an anime dubbed in an anime forum . chances are.. you'll get 70% of the people disagreeing about it and a pretty good chance to start a sub vs dub war.
someguy784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 21:04   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

heh... I'm in the "always give them a shot, cringe, and go back to subs" group. But I keep hoping that the quality will improve at some point ... mostly it seems to be hit-or-miss with more miss.... but many people have trouble reading the text while watching the action so I always advocate for improvement.
Old 2006-03-05, 00:22   Link #45
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Send a message via AIM to Rin-Kun Send a message via MSN to Rin-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Rin-Kun
For Itsuki Midoriba i would pick me! lol beacuse i think i'm like him lol!
Rin-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 22:50   Link #46
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy784
don't talk about getting an anime dubbed in an anime forum . chances are.. you'll get 70% of the people disagreeing about it and a pretty good chance to start a sub vs dub war.
well, im just saying the probabilities
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 10:55   Link #47
lucy06

i would say since i watched mostly english dubs
Kaede-should be done by monica rial she also done voices of lumiere (kiddy grade)and kirika (noir).
lucy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 09:18   Link #48
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

dude, shut this thread down already. you might start another war

if an english dub comes out, ill just hit the options menu and hit the "Japanese with english subs" button
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 00:34   Link #49
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Dub cast announced!
  • Rin Tsuchimi: Jerry Jewell
  • Itsuki Midoriba: Todd Haberkorn
  • Lisianthus (Sia): Brittney Karbowski
  • Nerine: Caitlin Glass
  • Kaede Fuyou: Carrie Savage
  • Asa: Monica Rial
  • Primula: Cherami Leigh
  • Mayumi Thyme: Kate Oxley
  • Nadeshiko Benibara: Luci Christian
  • Kareha: Colleen Clinkenbeard
  • Ama: Laura Bailey
  • Eustomas: Travis Willingham
  • Forbesii: Vic Mignogna
It's about time the cast list was announced!!
(though no word on who's playing Kareha yet)

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2008-01-08 at 21:54. Reason: added Kareha's english VA
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 01:49   Link #50
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hahahaha, there's one thing I can't wait on hearing and that's Carrie Savage's rendition of
Spoiler:
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 04:14   Link #51
Asrialys

Oops, didn't notice this thread.

Well, I recognized Monica Rial (Asa) and Brittney Karbowski's (Sia) voices easily enough. They both do really well in their roles. I think Brittney makes Sia sound more energetic.

Haven't heard from Carrie Savage in a long time (only remember her as Nancy from R.O.D. The TV), so didn't notice her as Kaede. She does really well. Can't wait to hear her go psycho.

Nerine sounds great too. And they nicely dubbed her song.

Rin sounds odd...and dull. Kinda sticks out, and not it a good way. His response to Ama's love-child remark was a total missmatch with his expression. I once wondered how that part would sound dubbed. Could've been better. Oh well.

Itsuki sounds a bit creepy, but sometimes awesome. Almost thought it was Greg Ayres. *sigh* He didn't call Rin "lolipedophin."

Mayumi. Good. Kareha. Good. Primula. Good, but need to hear more. Ama. Good.

KKK = Knights of Kissy Kaede (the guy added afterwards, "Erm, not the mean guys with the sheets.")
RRR = Nerine Security Shock Troop: Rine's (Rina's?) Randy Raiders
SSS = Sia Imperial Guard Commando Unit: The Sexy Sia Soldiers

That aside, the dub looks like it's going to be good. I hope FUNimation gives us a nice box eventually.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2008-01-08 at 12:38.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 13:39   Link #52
Tabris

Trying to watch episode 1 and 2 on the FUNimation website now. Just to see how everyone sounds.

But I'll be old and senile by the time that day comes round, the streaming is ungodly slow.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 05:25   Link #53
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

*just caught sight of this thread* god i swear these stupid American and british people, actually thinking they can do good voices for the lovely Kaede-chan or anyone else for that matter i mean i even feel that Asa, shouldnt have an english voice actor and im a Proud member of Kitto Kitto Kaede!, for the sake of not going all out against dubs id better stop now

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 10:20   Link #54
nuaythebest

Quote:
*just caught sight of this thread* god i swear these stupid American and british people, actually thinking they can do good voices for the lovely Kaede-chan
Just because they dub something and try their best made them stupid?? Wow....

Quote:
i mean i even feel that Asa, shouldnt have an english voice actor
then Anime shouldn't be watched by an American or the rest of the world.

Quote:
im a Proud member of Kitto Kitto Kaede!, for the sake of not going all out against dubs id better stop now
You claim that you don't want to see an English version of shuffle , yet you came and post in dub topic?? What a smart guy you are......
nuaythebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 10:33   Link #55
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I think a reminder is in order.
Quote:
Please do not use this thread to whinge and whine that you do not like any sort of English dub. No one is forcing you to listen to the dub so if you do not like it then simply listen to the Japanese track and turn the subtitles on.

Please remember these simple rules when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are humans.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to flame praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 21:37   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I removed the recent post and replies, as they violated the above reminder. If you think dubs suck, and your post amounts to little more than an insistant affirmation of that "fact", you may not post in this thread.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 21:53   Link #57
Tabris

Watched the first two episodes earlier today. As with most dubs that I watch, I don't think they fit at first, but they grow on me.

Ama doesn't sound as happy and cute though

D:<
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 22:34   Link #58
nuaythebest

I don't like this dub as much as I do with Air. I think it is because English voice doesn't fit well with cutesy character and fanservice style anime. However I will try again with DVD Vol.1 and see if they can grow on me later.
Old 2008-01-23, 11:56   Link #59
nuaythebest

Wow , he didn't even watch the preview,yet claim it(Translation) suck. I guess he must have a problem in his real life. I don't give a damn to this kind of people anyway.
Old 2008-01-23, 20:02   Link #60
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

didn't even notice that Funimation have put up some preview eps ... well ... the voices are far from what i expected ... and i expected something that rated way below average of dubbings (not that that says much i know) ... really cracked up though when the first KKK member showed off ... maybe becouse of the offcomment about that he was a member of KKK but not one of those with the sheets
i don't think Rins voice is all that bad ... the girls might take a bit of getting used to but thats proberly more because of the radically diffent speech pattern in japanese than english (much higher tones in japanese) and not because of bad voice acting ... whats most annoying really is proberly the bad acustics when they're talking ... its sounds more like they are alone in a box (which they proberly are) than at the school ... there is really a minimal sound volume from anything else

anyone know if they're going to keep the Japanese ED or just haven't finished the english yet?

Last edited by Sian; 2008-01-23 at 20:27.
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote