AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-18, 11:44   Link #81
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Make my day Dragon. You went into the racism board, and you decided what kinda person i am based on that. Like I even care what you think, and my "transcript" wasn't to impress you. I'm still in school, and decide to focus on that rather then argue with people like you. Yes I'm sure you breezed through high school, but considering I'm in a level 9 based school, it's a lot harder here than most other high school in the US. (levels go from 1-10. This system was inputed because of the competion in college applications) BTW: You're English isn't so great, so don't go around making comments on someone who decides to use crappy english in a forum full of crappy people like you. I've never commented or made fun of other's english on forums, because: 1 It's not their primary language, 2. they dont care, 3. their too busy to care, 4. they're just not good english writers, 5. other reasons.

I said things based on what I heard on the Iraq story, I never said any of it is true did I? I also admitted my ignorance on the Iraq situation. So in other words, whatever I hear from teachers (who are probably idiots too) and friends, I'm just going to assume that's the story. Do I care if its the truth? No, and you're now wondering why? Sorry to hurt your ego, but u dont know the truth either. No one does besides those guys up there in pentagon. We're only starting to get the true documents of Vietnam war.

But wait, that's not why you're mad at me:::: You're mad cause i made an ENTIRE post joking around with Hunter, you, and just about everyone else on this forum. Then you got mad because you were ovbiously arguing with someone who didn't know or care about Iraq. You got even more frustrated when i said u had a superiorty complex among other problems. To top it off, u posted shit trying to piss me off only to realize that i dont give rat's ass about ur opinions. I wouldnt care about ANYONE's opinion on this or anyother forums. The only 2 people i respect enough for that is Vicious and Nosanninwa.... u arent one of them are you? But since we're gonna have to stay on TOPIC, just stop the arguments here. If im so plain stupid, why do u bother arguing with me? Because u have a HUUUUGE superiority complex and want to feel better because ppl at DoD picks on you. (Im only jk about the last comment if u didnt notice Dragon.)


Hussein was caught, good? I think so. That is all..... wasnt this thread created just to inform ppl of that?
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 12:22   Link #82
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Like I said, it doesn't matter what school you goto or what grades u're getting, u're still a freakin' moron. All I know is that u post bullshit all the time. and it wasn't even stuff u wrote on this thread, it was from other threads (as i've said before but u hardly pay attention cause u don't understand english too well).

things for u to know:

(1) my first language is french and chinese
(2) my english is way better than yours
(3) there's no excuse for your inability to write something that everyone can comprehend... although u are improving slightly just now (because everyone has been bitchin' at u for it). u kids are so easily swayed.

i am not even mad at you as you claim so easily. i find u amusing. you're this little high school shithead who thinks he's all smart because u're in a supposedly good school and in AP classes and get good grades but you post the stupidest things i have ever read. u admitted to not really keep yourself up to date on the iraq situation but yet you stick your nose in it as if u knew something. and if you haven't read any of the other posts in here, it was other people who have commented on your writing skills first and i just added a bit of gas into the fire. iam not the only who has complained about your lack of writing skills, or the fact that u're an idiot, or request that u shut your stupid cakehole. and i don't have a superior complex. i just think u're extremely stupid and waaaay below the intelligent level we have in this forum. and i don't know anyone besides u (now) who has a problem with me. i've argued several times on this forum but it was all in the spirit of good debate... I do respect Hunter and p3psi and their opinions. It's you I don't respect. But then again, you're just a stupid punk kid who thinks he's smart but isn't... I am not mad at u. It's more like I am laughing at you fool...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
Make my day Dragon. You went into the racism board, and you decided what kinda person i am based on that. Like I even care what you think, and my "transcript" wasn't to impress you. I'm still in school, and decide to focus on that rather then argue with people like you. Yes I'm sure you breezed through high school, but considering I'm in a level 9 based school, it's a lot harder here than most other high school in the US. (levels go from 1-10. This system was inputed because of the competion in college applications) BTW: You're English isn't so great, so don't go around making comments on someone who decides to use crappy english in a forum full of crappy people like you. I've never commented or made fun of other's english on forums, because: 1 It's not their primary language, 2. they dont care, 3. their too busy to care, 4. they're just not good english writers, 5. other reasons.

I said things based on what I heard on the Iraq story, I never said any of it is true did I? I also admitted my ignorance on the Iraq situation. So in other words, whatever I hear from teachers (who are probably idiots too) and friends, I'm just going to assume that's the story. Do I care if its the truth? No, and you're now wondering why? Sorry to hurt your ego, but u dont know the truth either. No one does besides those guys up there in pentagon. We're only starting to get the true documents of Vietnam war.

But wait, that's not why you're mad at me:::: You're mad cause i made an ENTIRE post joking around with Hunter, you, and just about everyone else on this forum. Then you got mad because you were ovbiously arguing with someone who didn't know or care about Iraq. You got even more frustrated when i said u had a superiorty complex among other problems. To top it off, u posted shit trying to piss me off only to realize that i dont give rat's ass about ur opinions. I wouldnt care about ANYONE's opinion on this or anyother forums. The only 2 people i respect enough for that is Vicious and Nosanninwa.... u arent one of them are you? But since we're gonna have to stay on TOPIC, just stop the arguments here. If im so plain stupid, why do u bother arguing with me? Because u have a HUUUUGE superiority complex and want to feel better because ppl at DoD picks on you. (Im only jk about the last comment if u didnt notice Dragon.)


Hussein was caught, good? I think so. That is all..... wasnt this thread created just to inform ppl of that?
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.

Last edited by dragonz20; 2003-12-18 at 12:35.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 12:50   Link #83
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rich., VA
Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
yes... yes. he was. some people don't like it, others do. some people think that the current US president will get re-elected for that very reason, some think there's more to it than just that one point, some don't think he'll get re-elected at all.
opinions are opinions, they're never fact. facts are usually determined moment by moment, and until they are fact, they're only possibilites.

hmm.. now what was i saying?.... oh yeah. i'm of the opinion it's a good thing that he's caught, even though some of the iraqi resistance will fight harder, some will believe it's over.
i for one, hope that the fighting dies down and a solid government will be in place before the end of 2004, and the soldiers the US has in iraq will be home, but not before the job is done.
true, i can say this sitting in my room working my 7-5 job not having to worry about getting shot by someone who just hates you because you were born in a certain place. and true, i'm not in any danger, but that doesn't mean it doesn't weigh on my conscious greatly.

anyway. have a time.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 13:00   Link #84
Tzurial
in silent opposition
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: oh...I've been there
Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Im glad Saddam was caught..but do I think it was worth it? Hell no, the ends dont justify the means
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 17:05   Link #85
Ban-Ban
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Could you guys please stop ur useless argument over which one of you is the most stupid among you. Create your own thread and have your time.
Everyone of you states that its useless to argue with each other because of the others stupidity and still you wasted your time and now my time for reading all your...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone said that the Iraq war was planned before the election of G. W. Bush jr.
(now thats something to argue about)
In my opinion it is not so far-fetched because ,and now think about it before you laugh about it,
the eletion campaign of GWB jr was mainly funded through big oil companies such as ('aah' I forgot the names, check out www.michaelmoore.com or www.indymedia.org)
which probably proposed an option to the not yet government in which the occupation of Iraq might be worthwhile to boost the economy and keep some oil reservoirs for them to exploit.
And I think it was ,even back then, before the war on terrorism began an easy task to convince the american public and the world of the GREAT DANGER that Saddam Hussein posed to everyone. I mean, you can always make up some stories and back them up by 'clear CIA evidence' and 'reliable sources'
Besides, Saddam Hussein was a dictator and noone really wanted to see him in power so it was a supposedly easy target for the bush clique.


----------------------------------------------------------

And.. I dont think you should support your troops by just approving every word that comes out of the Presidents mouth during war-time but to help them by pushing for their immediate retreat so they can avoid getting home as casualty number xxx .
Ban-Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 17:15   Link #86
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rich., VA
Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
good. we all have our opinion out in the open.
anyone else have one?

it's nice to hear new and differing opinions.


(on to arguing)

i don't believe it's been planned since before the election of dub-ya. maybe sometime after 9/11, but i am also of the belief that the pres didn't know about that until it happened, as well, so some may dispute on those grounds.

have a day.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 17:29   Link #87
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
It's kinda funny that america were the ones that helped sadam become dicatator of Iraq becuase they wanted to replace another guy who was pro-communism. Even though they knew a dictator (like almost all the dicators in the past) would be ruthless and vile, it seemed that he was much more better than the communist (which in my opinion would of made Iraq a much better place with the communist then sadam has). And now that the U.S. dont need sadam anymore they just put him out like an old toy that was first fun to play with but when got old was needed to be thrown out.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 17:53   Link #88
Ban-Ban
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Yeah its amazing what the governments of the USA did in the name of justice.
I think anyone who would do a research with various and contrary sources and statements would discover a lot of lies in the professed truth and truth in professed lies.
Ban-Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 18:30   Link #89
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Yeah it's definitely ironic. If you think about it, Iraq has always been a country in turmoil. They may all be Iraqis but they are split up among themselves by different sects (Sunnis and Shiahs and others)... But not only do u have religious sects but u have regional sects and they ally or hate each other based on what they are. This hatred goes very far back, even before Saddam Hussein's time and it only became more intense after decades of rule by Saddam and his sect. You must understand that in Iraq, violence rules. If you have the guns and the force (manpower, crew) you can rule a village. if you have more, you can start taking over other villages and towns... and it's not like you can sue the guy who killed your brother... u HAVE to fight back. all these sects used to duke it out (with stones, knives, AKs.. whatever). So what if the US picked Saddam? At the time, they didn't know he was going to be a demented crazy psychopath. better a dictator that's friendly to the US than a communist dictator. Sure the US probably wanted an Iraqi puppet who would be willing to sell us cheap oil and that's why they orginally picked him in the first place. Then Saddam backstabbed the US and decided to do whatever he wanted once he got full control of Iraq.

Regardless of who would have gotten into power, they would have had done it with force and violence. And that is the sad truth. There is a global understanding when it comes to violence and its power. But the saddest thing is Iraqis have lived with it for so long I don't think they know what normal lives are (as we would call it). They don't understand or they may mistrust a helping hand, but they definitely understand violence. This is kind of related to the US forces's recent attacks on villages now. The US generals finally had enough with playing mr. nice guy and decided to go on the offensive.



Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
It's kinda funny that america were the ones that helped sadam become dicatator of Iraq becuase they wanted to replace another guy who was pro-communism. Even though they knew a dictator (like almost all the dicators in the past) would be ruthless and vile, it seemed that he was much more better than the communist (which in my opinion would of made Iraq a much better place with the communist then sadam has). And now that the U.S. dont need sadam anymore they just put him out like an old toy that was first fun to play with but when got old was needed to be thrown out.
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 19:45   Link #90
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Just the way i laugh at you dragon. btw: i didn't learn english in 1 night, so how else do u explain this "crappy" to "better"? Yea just think for 5 seconds and u'll learn from urself. Id love for u to find this "BS" i wrote... go on im waiting. ^^ i write crap just to piss off overly sensitive online ppl like you. My frst language was korean, so i dont use tat as an excuse. Yes your english is better than my internet "aol" writing, good job, u must be proud.
Also: someone said "if u think each other is so stupid, why do u argue?" I dont think dragon is stupid, i just think he's a pure 100% asshole. im jk

On topic now. If you wanna argue some more, you can PM me dragon. I doubt u will tho, since im sure the only reason why u argue is to look cooler in front of online ppl u dont know.

DEBATE is different.

anyways, about that book. Supposedly these authors worked for the pentagon, but anyone can lie. They claim the Iraq war was planned out before Bush went into office. The book also mentioned something about 9-11, but it didn't give any details on the back cover. Go check it out, I dont remember the title....... but the front cover has a political cartoon of Bin Laden and Hussein basically calling each other infediels.


How many times has US set up a dictator for a country and been stabbed in the ass? in the 50's~80's, the US didnt care what kind of ruler you were, if you were not communist, you were perfect. S. Korea, Vietnam is 2 examples of things going wrong with US intervention. I admit though, without US unified Korea wouldnt have been so great.

Much of the Middle East is in horrible conditions. Jews and Muslims never got along, and that causes huge violence. People like Hussein and other terrorists are among the Middle East. I think the major reason for the large amounts of terrorists being in the Middle East is because of the Muslim's hatred towards the US. If i was Middle Eastern, id hate the British more.... but eh. Throughout the world, US is viewed as imperialistic.... now even Europe hates this country. it would be bad if Europe decides to attack US.

That reminds me of an interesting fact.....

George Washington had a dream about 3 instances when US will be attacked. Two of them has happened, and the third is in the future. First one was the War of 1812, and the burning of the white house was what he saw in the dream. 2nd time he saw a force from the pacific attacking US. (Pearl Harbor) Finally the 3rd time will be an attack on US by one of these or all of these: Africa, Asia, Middle East. Of course, this is only a dream Washington had, and the fact that he even had a dream like this is questionable. But if its anywhere near the truth....

I went a bit off topic there, sorry.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 20:11   Link #91
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 37
Why does everyone talk like the U.S hand picked Saddam to be leader of Iraq? In an artical in the Seattle times monday gave a timeline of Saddams life and mention that he was second in command in the Baath party for 11 years until the leader Ahmed Hassan Bakr (also a relative of saddam) stepped down and Saddam was sworn in, then immediatly he removed or killed anyone who could oppose his power. The U.S did provide money and intelligence to help in his war against Iran but so did the French. The U.S did make an allie out of an evil person (like company I'm sure) but it was a case of using someone who was already in place and helping them to do something they were going to do anyways.

I think people automatically just assume that if something in the world is bad or wrong that it must be because of the U.S. I do believe that the U.S does plenty wrong, but I think it's also the worlds scapegoat to help everyone else avoid accountablity.
__________________

OFFICIAL GAYEST SIGNATURE ON ANIMESUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear
ps. hey FinFangFoom, can you change that pic of yours in the sig because when ever I read threads that have your message post in it would make people around me think I am watching gay porn, make it smaller or something
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 20:15   Link #92
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
Why does everyone talk like the U.S hand picked Saddam to be leader of Iraq? In an artical in the Seattle times monday gave a timeline of Saddams life and mention that he was second in command in the Baath party for 11 years until the leader Ahmed Hassan Bakr (also a relative of saddam) stepped down and Saddam was sworn in, then immediatly he removed or killed anyone who could oppose his power. The U.S did provide money and intelligence to help in his war against Iran but so did the French. The U.S did make an allie out of an evil person (like company I'm sure) but it was a case of using someone who was already in place and helping them to do something they were going to do anyways.

I think people automatically just assume that if something in the world is bad or wrong that it must be because of the U.S. I do believe that the U.S does plenty wrong, but I think it's also the worlds scapegoat to help everyone else avoid accountablity.
Like i said: US is looked down upon.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 20:15   Link #93
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
Why does everyone talk like the U.S hand picked Saddam to be leader of Iraq? In an artical in the Seattle times monday gave a timeline of Saddams life and mention that he was second in command in the Baath party for 11 years until the leader Ahmed Hassan Bakr (also a relative of saddam) stepped down and Saddam was sworn in, then immediatly he removed or killed anyone who could oppose his power. The U.S did provide money and intelligence to help in his war against Iran but so did the French. The U.S did make an allie out of an evil person (like company I'm sure) but it was a case of using someone who was already in place and helping them to do something they were going to do anyways.

I think people automatically just assume that if something in the world is bad or wrong that it must be because of the U.S. I do believe that the U.S does plenty wrong, but I think it's also the worlds scapegoat to help everyone else avoid accountablity.

Actually FinFangFoom I didnt totaly blame U.S. for the rise of sadam, but i did say they had helped alot to get him thier. BTW, the major reason why sadam got to power was because he got all the money and arms from the U.S. to the Baath party so they can over come the potential communist regime.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 20:29   Link #94
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Actually FinFangFoom I didnt totaly blame U.S. for the rise of sadam, but i did say they had helped alot to get him thier. BTW, the major reason why sadam got to power was because he got all the money and arms from the U.S. to the Baath party so they can over come the potential communist regime.
i dont get why US saw Communism as a threat at all. As we saw in Russia, communism creates laziness among the people, and creativity is lowered a lot.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 20:44   Link #95
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
i dont get why US saw Communism as a threat at all. As we saw in Russia, communism creates laziness among the people, and creativity is lowered a lot.

This is , but basically america didnt like communist because the russia was a communist nation, and since they where competing with russia during the cold war (which was also when all this sadam thing happened) it was like they were competing with one more nation that became comunist. Also if a country became communist then they would usually be friends with russia and have open trade with them, while giving the finger to the U.S. So it was basically, the 2 sides (communist/and U.S.) wanted to gain countries to make thier side "bigger", so if the two sides had gone to war, the side that was "bigger" would be sure to be the victor.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:19   Link #96
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
That's my point. You have the capability to write better than the crap you've been posting. you're just too damn lazy or don't care. i don't need to point out your bs... iam sure a few in here remember the garbage u've posted... i recall SEVERAL people arguing with u about your "ideas". u may not remember but i do. and i didn't use my "first language" as an excuse. at least when i write, people understand me. that's more than i can say for u. why should i pm you privately when i can blast u in this public forum?...

but if you wanna debate on topic here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro
How many times has US set up a dictator for a country and been stabbed in the ass? in the 50's~80's, the US didnt care what kind of ruler you were, if you were not communist, you were perfect. S. Korea, Vietnam is 2 examples of things going wrong with US intervention. I admit though, without US unified Korea wouldnt have been so great.
How is South Korea and Vietnam 2 examples of things going wrong with US intervention. Half of the Vietnam wanted a republic and the other half wanted communism. that's a civil war. so the US lost that war. but i am very glad that the US at least tried and gave us a chance to escape. My family lost everything in Vietnam because we had to run away. We were on the losing side. I don't know if it would have been better if the US had won the Vietnam War but I think we wouldn't have suffered as much or lost so many relatives. As for S. Korea.. i believe that country isn't operated by a dictator. that's an extremely poor example. without US intervention, you would have found a WHOLE North Korea. From what I know, the average person in South Korea is living like a KING compared to how the average person in North Korea is doing. And I believe South Korea is a very prosperous country and ranked near the top in economic production and performance in Asia. You picked 2 incredibly poor examples. Why don't you try again Mr. AP?... (btw, they pay people to play games in Korea... a hefty sum I believe. they're trying to created world ranked teams to compete in every genre of videogames and own the gaming world.. pretty cool!)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
Much of the Middle East is in horrible conditions. Jews and Muslims never got along, and that causes huge violence. People like Hussein and other terrorists are among the Middle East. I think the major reason for the large amounts of terrorists being in the Middle East is because of the Muslim's hatred towards the US. If i was Middle Eastern, id hate the British more.... but eh. Throughout the world, US is viewed as imperialistic.... now even Europe hates this country. it would be bad if Europe decides to attack US.
I do agree with you here but not all the way. Yes we're viewed as imperialists and intrusive. But it has more to do with how backwards and how they don't want to change. The monarchies/dictators in the middle east enjoy their power and would like to see themselves ruling their countries till the end of time. but it doesn't help their cause when the US bring down one of their own. It would be even worse if the US somehow (this going to take ages if it's even possible) convert Iraq into a pure democratic country like they did with Germany and Japan (after WW2). Could you imagine the shockwaves it would send into the middle east? There's way more to this than just blind hatred. There are tons of reason for them to hate us. But few are really good. They hate because we help the Jews even though we help them too (so basically we're neutral), they hate us cause we're way more civilized and powerful than they are, they hate us cause we're different (we treat our women with respect... well some of us do anyway). It just all adds up together. No one sees our attempts at quelling their fighting. we hardly get any credit for brokering off treaties but we get blamed whenever shit hits the fan...
And Europe doesn't "hate" us. They don't hate Americans. They think our governent is corrupted by Satan himself but they don't hate the average Americans. At least not the Europeans I know and talk to... Well maybe the french hate us.. but we hate them too so that's okay. plus we saved their asses twice so we're allowed to hate them.

As for your George Washington quote. Interesting but I don't believe it. I'd like to know where u got that from. I doubt it's legit though...
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.

Last edited by dragonz20; 2003-12-18 at 21:32.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:39   Link #97
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
That's my point. You have the capability to write better than the crap you've been posting. you're just too damn lazy or don't care. i don't need to point out your bs... iam sure a few in here remember the garbage u've posted... i recall SEVERAL people arguing with u about your "ideas". u may not remember but i do. and i didn't use my "first language" as an excuse. at least when i write, people understand me. that's more than i can say for u. why should i pm you privately when i can blast u in this public forum?...

but if you wanna debate on topic here:



How is South Korea and Vietnam 2 examples of things going wrong with US intervention. Half of the Vietnam wanted a republic and the other half wanted communism. that's a civil war. so the US lost that war. but i am very glad that the US at least tried and gave us a chance to escape. My family lost everything in Vietnam because we had to run away. We were on the losing side. I don't know if it would have been better if the US had won the Vietnam War but I think we wouldn't have suffered as much or lost so many relatives. As for S. Korea.. i believe that country isn't operated by a dictator. that's an extremely poor example. without US intervention, you would have found a WHOLE North Korea. From what I know, the average person in South Korea is living like a KING compared to how the average person in North Korea is doing. And I believe South Korea is a very prosperous country and ranked near the top in economic production and performance in Asia. You picked to incredibly poor examples. Why don't you try again Mr. AP?... (btw, they pay people to play games in Korea... a hefty sum I believe. they're trying to created world ranked teams to compete in every genre of videogames and own the gaming world.. pretty cool!)




I do agree with you here but not all the way. Yes we're viewed as imperialists and intrusive. But it has more to do with how backwards and how they don't want to change. The monarchies/dictators in the middle east enjoy their power and would like to see themselves ruling their countries till the end of time. but it doesn't help their cause when the US bring down one of their own. It would be even worse if the US somehow (this going to take ages if it's even possible) convert Iraq into a pure democratic country like they did with Germany and Japan (after WW2). Could you imagine the shockwaves it would send into the middle east? There's way more to this than just blind hatred. There are tons of reason for them to hate us. But few are really good. They hate because we help the Jews even though we help them too (so basically we're neutral), they hate us cause we're way more civilized and powerful than they are, they hate us cause we're different (we treat our women with respect... well some of us do anyway). It just all adds up together. No one sees our attempts at quelling their fighting. we hardly get any credit for brokering off treaties but we get blamed for the shit hits the fan...
And Europe doesn't "hate" us. They don't hate Americans. They think our governent is corrupted by Satan himself but they don't hate the average Americans. At least not the Europeans I know and talk to... Well maybe the french hate us.. but we hate them too so that's okay. plus we saved their asses twice so we're allowed to hate them.

As for your George Washington quote. Interesting but I don't believe it. I'd like to know where u got that from. I doubt it's legit though...

wait u misunderstood me on the first part. I should have made it more clear. I meant back in the 50's and 70s when it happened, not what it is today. Korea's first president was a dictator set up by the US. He wasnt one of those "extreme" dictators, but he was one. Yea, i didnt mean modern times, today Korea turned out great. But while it was occuring during that time, it was horrible. A survey showed that only 1/2 of the US population even knew where Korea was, therefore, no one in the country supported it. Korea went thru some hard times with the dictator, overthrowing him, getting a new president and so on. Korea was split only because USA and USSR decided to split it until an election took place. Without USA and USSR, korea wouldnt be a communist... then again i dont think it wouldve become democratic either. Vietnam was even worse in terms of public opinion. Also, it wasnt half half... There was an election and Ho was gonna be the winner. Maybe only half of them wanted a communist governemtn, but the majority all knew who they wanted as president... which is the communist guy.

Korea's obssessed with anime and games.... which isnt good. Liking it is cool, but now the korean army is lacking able men because game crazy korean kids avoid the draft.

Well, i meant europe hates america. Of course, the government runs the country, so when i say they hate the country, i mean they hate the ppl running it.

I agree about Middle East. The first time they got pissed off at us was when we started to help the Jews in Israel. I mean, they deserve a break, they went through hell and back.

I heard the George Washington dream from my (crazy) english teacher. Ive also heard it from some history teacher long time ago... i have my doubts too. Didnt i say up there that it was something i heard, and that it is questionable?? I personally dont believe his dreams are comming true.... i think its coincidence if anything at all. I just found it interesting so i shared it.


EDIT: Wnkryo it seemed that way... but think about it.... commuism is not an effective government. Only 3 countries in the world are still communist. All 3 of these are not doing so well and not much of a threat. China and N Korea are scary, but they would never succeed an invasion of america. They'll be able to defend agaisnt US invasion tho.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:45   Link #98
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
i dont get why US saw Communism as a threat at all. As we saw in Russia, communism creates laziness among the people, and creativity is lowered a lot.

Communism isn't completely bad. It's working in Vietnam and China now. But they're both slowly converting more and more into a democratic government. But Russia was a bit different. Corruption was too high at the top. Funds were misplaced & stolen, promises were made but not kept and in the end, it ruined Russia. Russia has enough raw resources to outmatch almost any country economically (including the US) but it still currently suffers from all the bad mistakes of its previous government.
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:59   Link #99
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
Communism isn't completely bad. It's working in Vietnam and China now. But they're both slowly converting more and more into a democratic government. But Russia was a bit different. Corruption was too high at the top. Funds were misplaced & stolen, promises were made but not kept and in the end, it ruined Russia. Russia has enough raw resources to outmatch almost any country economically (including the US) but it still currently suffers from all the bad mistakes of its previous government.
doesnt the US control 40% of the world's resources??? Blah, my english teacher is a crazy whore....anyways:

communism is actually a good government form... in theory and writing. certain things just dont work with people. Communism would be perfect if everyone adapt and do exactly as Karl Marx has planned.... however Russia proved that it just doesnt work well with humans. IF you were a neuro surgeon, how would u feel getting the same pay as... a high school student working at a local bread shop?? People wouldnt feel like working, so technology becomes lower. the government itself isnt bad, but no one takes true communism to the fullest.... especially the ppl of the country.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 22:06   Link #100
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
(btw, they pay people to play games in Korea... a hefty sum I believe. they're trying to created world ranked teams to compete in every genre of videogames and own the gaming world.. pretty cool!)
Actually this year they are moving the video game world championships from South Korea to San Fransico for the first time this year (according to PC Gamer) And many are predicting that it will launch proffessional gaming into the mainstream in America very quickly.



Quote:
I do agree with you here but not all the way. Yes we're viewed as imperialists and intrusive. But it has more to do with how backwards and how they don't want to change. The monarchies/dictators in the middle east enjoy their power and would like to see themselves ruling their countries till the end of time. but it doesn't help their cause when the US bring down one of their own. It would be even worse if the US somehow (this going to take ages if it's even possible) convert Iraq into a pure democratic country like they did with Germany and Japan (after WW2). Could you imagine the shockwaves it would send into the middle east? There's way more to this than just blind hatred. There are tons of reason for them to hate us. But few are really good. They hate because we help the Jews even though we help them too (so basically we're neutral), they hate us cause we're way more civilized and powerful than they are, they hate us cause we're different (we treat our women with respect... well some of us do anyway). It just all adds up together. No one sees our attempts at quelling their fighting. we hardly get any credit for brokering off treaties but we get blamed whenever shit hits the fan...
And Europe doesn't "hate" us. They don't hate Americans. They think our governent is corrupted by Satan himself but they don't hate the average Americans. At least not the Europeans I know and talk to... Well maybe the french hate us.. but we hate them too so that's okay. plus we saved their asses twice so we're allowed to hate them.
I read an interesting theory by a local college professor (I can't remember for sure since i've been hearing so much crap it's hard to keep it sorted) that I believe makes a lot of sense as to why so many in the Arabic people hate the U.S even after they help them to rid them of an evil dictator such as Saddam. It's their pride. They are embarrest that they had to be saved by a country that they find to be very imoral and in many ways evil. It embarrising that a white christian nation succeded where the Arab nation failed. They are upset because they where not able to do it themselves and it makes them feel weak. I don't think they were racist comments because the proffessor's name sounded Arabic. And foolish pride really can make people act incredibly stupid.
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.