AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-29, 06:22   Link #41
JanthraX^
Ace Archer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
where can i find out more about LNAT?
G.paper= general paper, as it turns out..its not an important subject. o level english is more important.
good luck with you on your a levels
i'm currently applyikng for a university on UCAS
applying a bit late =[
http://www.lnat.ac.uk/ <-- should give you all the info all you need and lets you register as well.

I applied in october, and got 4 offers out of 6.
i also did some communtiy work for 100 hours, (it looks good on your ucas application. =D )

Good Luck to you, Law is very competitive, work hard =D
__________________
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 07:11   Link #42
1.0.7.
real folk blues..
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
applying a bit late =[
http://www.lnat.ac.uk/ <-- should give you all the info all you need and lets you register as well.

I applied in october, and got 4 offers out of 6.
i also did some communtiy work for 100 hours, (it looks good on your ucas application. =D )

Good Luck to you, Law is very competitive, work hard =D
i've been working in a bank for these last few months? will that look good on my ucas application?
thanks man, really appreciate it..
if only i knew about it earlier, oh well... i'll see what i can do.
i think i'm gonna go to the british high commission regarding this.
see what happens.
again, thanks man!
__________________
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 14:29   Link #43
JanthraX^
Ace Archer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
i've been working in a bank for these last few months? will that look good on my ucas application?
thanks man, really appreciate it..
if only i knew about it earlier, oh well... i'll see what i can do.
i think i'm gonna go to the british high commission regarding this.
see what happens.
again, thanks man!
cool, try and get some experience with well known Law firms, and even attend a open court.
__________________
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 15:23   Link #44
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
I've narrowed it down to a wall street broker, doctor of some sort, lawyer, or something to do with computers. So, yes, I have no idea what I want do.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 16:13   Link #45
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
I did want to join the RAF and be a pilot but somehow that got fucked up. So I worked in a Zoo for a bit whilst I did engineering in college, then I got on a training scheme with a company called UNI LEVER and well, I'm still there now, I’ve worked my way up a bit and comfortable....So I guess I'm here for good. Oh well.
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 16:39   Link #46
SasuraiHell
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada!
Age: 29
what im going for hopefully this sept is Rotary Wing Pilot..aka a helicopter pilot, that a course of 2 semesters, fairy fun,
then if that doesnt work out, or i finish it i will go into gfx design..already have my colleges pick out and everything
SasuraiHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 16:39   Link #47
ImperialPanda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
World domination, boyah!

No seriously, you have to aim high! =P
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 17:18   Link #48
HoboGod
Necromancer
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
I did engineering in college, then I got on a training scheme with a company called UNI LEVER.
So... what do you do there? Make killbots?
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 18:39   Link #49
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
So... what do you do there? Make killbots?
LOL! I wish, but no. We specialize in toiletries.... Basically, I fix minute and mundane problems with production line machinery, and at least once a month I have to go to crazy meetings and speak to crazy foreigners about "TPM" and how it's such a vital part of their business....(Boring I know)

But I have a plan.....KillBots will come!
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 22:58   Link #50
Renyulb28
Helpful Bystander
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm graduating high school this year and majoring in biology and minoring in chemistry for pre-med. Debating over being either a cardiovascular or a neuro surgeon.....hopefully
Renyulb28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 00:41   Link #51
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renyulb28
I'm graduating high school this year and majoring in biology and minoring in chemistry for pre-med. Debating over being either a cardiovascular or a neuro surgeon.....hopefully

Actually, I remember hearing that med schools like to see people with non-bio/chem backgrounds because it helps them gain a more diverse understanding. In particular, I was told that electrical engineers and computer scientists are smiled upon. Don't take my word for it though, it's just something I remember hearing in a seminar course I believe.
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:04   Link #52
Abbott
Munior Jember
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 常陸大宮市,日本.
I intend to do a Politics based Ph.D and become a University Lecturer and Researcher, preferably down the line of Electoral Analysis.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:02   Link #53
Epi
Otaku++
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Actually, I remember hearing that med schools like to see people with non-bio/chem backgrounds because it helps them gain a more diverse understanding. In particular, I was told that electrical engineers and computer scientists are smiled upon. Don't take my word for it though, it's just something I remember hearing in a seminar course I believe.
Med schools let in people who are smart, have good marks, seem like good people, and geniunely seem interested. It doesn't really matter what you take as long as you have the prerequisites.

That said I took computer science in undergrad and I'm hopefully a year away from getting my MD and being a surgeon Waking up at 6am every morning to do rounds kinda sucks though.
__________________
Visit my anime blog:
AnimeSlice.com
Epi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:46   Link #54
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
I've applied to the universities that I want to attend and I plan to major in Biomedical Engineering, because it intrigues me and I want to be able to make a lot of money. Skill-wise, my visual/spatial and memorization abilities are top-knotch, and I love to take organic things apart (and put them back together again to make them work better and if they don't, oh well, into the incinerator they go ). My future career should be something that I enjoy, can make plenty of money off of, and neverending in development. Go biomed! All your pension check are belong to me!
... No, I'm kidding; I want to go into biomed because I want to improve the quality of people's lives.
Coordinators are closer than we think! Gogogo genetic engineering! (Sorry, but my genetics are TERRIBLE. My father is halfway de-evolved to a gorilla, so I have appearance problems--I look like the cross breed of a troll and a gorilla.) So yes, I'm for genetic engineering.

As for me, I want to be a big-business consultant. Information and Systems Engineering major in Lehigh University and with a minor in actuarial science since I MUST have my math. I better make six figures so I can be financially secure and eventually get time to have fun. Hopefully I'll land on wallstreet!
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:49   Link #55
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
I've narrowed it down to a wall street broker, doctor of some sort, lawyer, or something to do with computers. So, yes, I have no idea what I want do.
Wall-street broker: you're gonna be a math monkey (which is fun indeed ^_^--that is when you have 3 hours for homework every week and find studying for hours on end interesting).
Doctor of some sort: prepare to memorize like a mutafvcka.
Lawyer: aka a masochist.
Computers: ehhhh?
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 01:13   Link #56
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Wall-street broker: you're gonna be a math monkey (which is fun indeed ^_^--that is when you have 3 hours for homework every week and find studying for hours on end interesting).
Doctor of some sort: prepare to memorize like a mutafvcka.
Lawyer: aka a masochist.
Computers: ehhhh?
Not really, the only skill you truly need to be a broker is... salesmanship. We're not talking about sounding like a cheap used car salesman, you need to sound confident and like you're a big shot (without the arrogance). Another tidbit... you don't even need to have a high school diploma. Not required by federal law for the Series 7 and 63 license.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:46   Link #57
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: somewhere close you dont know of
Im going to either Texas (UT) or Texas Tech (TT) to be an electrical engeneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer...dont know ow to spell...my life is cursed
StateOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 23:15   Link #58
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind
Im going to either Texas (UT) or Texas Tech (TT) to be an electrical engeneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer...dont know ow to spell...my life is cursed
Haha, I'm currently a EE at UT. Personally I liked the (undergraduate) EE program better at Purdue than UT, but I think UT has a better graduate program for EEs than Purdue has.
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 23:15   Link #59
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: somewhere close you dont know of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Haha, I'm currently a EE at UT. Personally I liked the (undergraduate) EE program better at Purdue than UT, but I think UT has a better graduate program for EEs than Purdue has.

THats cool...im copying then..dangit
StateOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 02:50   Link #60
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I'm going to be a professor of Sociology and History, then I can bend the minds of gullible college students that always thinks the professor's right. Then I earn a decent living working short hours, doing nothing but reading ideas that other people wrote.

Last edited by aahhsin; 2006-02-05 at 03:37.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.