AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-03-13, 12:58   Link #21
guess

Does anyone know an online rental that allows for one dvd per rental?
Frankly, Netflix has slow down quite a bit now. I am looking for a possible replacement.
This is not one dvd at a time. I am looking for just one time rental. thanks.
Old 2006-03-13, 15:25   Link #22
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Does anyone know an online rental that allows for one dvd per rental?
Frankly, Netflix has slow down quite a bit now. I am looking for a possible replacement.
This is not one dvd at a time. I am looking for just one time rental. thanks.
What's the difference? a 'One Time' rental?

Netflix has a policy that if you rent more than 8 DVD's in a month they AUTOMATICALLY put you on the 'slow down' program. Basically if you rent more than 8 you will not get any new releases until the next month.

Why not try the others? Such as Greencine, they are farther but can probably fill you faster.

BTW : Animetakeout is finally back online (after 6 weeks). That broken website must've sucked.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 16:00   Link #23
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
What's the difference? a 'One Time' rental?

Netflix has a policy that if you rent more than 8 DVD's in a month they AUTOMATICALLY put you on the 'slow down' program. Basically if you rent more than 8 you will not get any new releases until the next month.

Why not try the others? Such as Greencine, they are farther but can probably fill you faster.

BTW : Animetakeout is finally back online (after 6 weeks). That broken website must've sucked.
Greencine is too far. I might as well stick with Netflix, considering the turn around time.

What i mean is rent one dvd with no contract. With one-dvd plan, you will have to pay monthly fee whether you rent dvd or not. I just want to rent one dvd and no monthly fee so I can rent like one dvd in three month just for one dvd, not three times of monthly fee.
Old 2006-03-13, 16:19   Link #24
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Online? That's seriously doubtful.
There's not profit to be made on the single renter. And it's hard to make a 'late fee' work on someone who is dependent on the USPS to deliver the product.

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Old 2006-03-20, 19:26   Link #25
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
I forgot, then what is the point of paying more money for accounts that have more-dvd-per-month?
Old 2006-03-20, 20:03   Link #26
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

http://www.rentanime.com/default.php is good. i used it for a while and its a very nice service. They have 3 plans, 1 out at a time, 3 out at a time and a 5 out at a time (but thats for members thats been with em for a while)
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 20:44   Link #27
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I forgot, then what is the point of paying more money for accounts that have more-dvd-per-month?
Welcome to Netflix. They count on your confusion to make them money.

Rentanime is Animenation in Florida. So that might be closer

Old 2006-03-20, 21:24   Link #28
Juan Valdez

I use Greencine, though I can hardly recommend it unless you like watching old or obscure series. Anything recent and/or popular and it's back of the queue. I've had to wait weeks, sometimes over a a month, for a disc because the availability is red (ie low. Greencine uses a color coded system for availability).

As an example, it took me almost three months to finish watching Kare Kano. Discs 1 and 2 I got right away, discs 3-5 however were weeks in between. Sometimes it's so bad that I forget the plot because so much time had passed between receiving the discs. I tried renting ROD TV from them and got the first 5 discs right away, but after waiting over a month for them to send me disc 6, I finally reverted to obtaining the remainder of the series another way.

It's not just anime either. I've had certain movies in my queue for months and months. One obscure kung fu movie has been at the number one spot in my queue for over six months and I still haven't received it. Any new release or obscure but in demand title is very very difficult to get from Greencine.

Still, some older series I've had no trouble getting. Renting Ranma or something isn't a problem

Greencine has a great selection, but their low disc availablity negates its value.
Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote