|2006-06-21, 13:21||Link #121|
Join Date: Dec 2005
1)Eureka 7: If you havent watched this anime then I recomend that you do. This is the first anime that made me Cry.Renton and eureka are amazing=) the soundtrack is also good.
2)Hajime no ippo: This is the funniest anime i've ever watched. The main character shows great determination and fighting spirit. U can follow him change through
the whole series.
3)Hellsing: a vampire slaying other vampires.
4)Bleach: many cool characters,great story. what else can u ask for.
5)Naruto: Naruto was my favorite anime until the fillers ruined everything and the main charecter never seems to develop too that amazing ninja that u expect him to be. But the series aint over yet. I'll start watching again when it's finished.
|2006-06-21, 13:41||Link #122|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Genshiken Clubroom
Over time, I've watched a LOT of anime series, so here are my results...
1.) Chobits - This has been my fave for all time. It shows the possibilities that humanity may actually come to face in the future in a way that sparks of realism.
2.) Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu - This is one of the most unusual anime stories I've seen in my life. I don't have any idea how they came up with this story, but I'm sure glad they did.
3.) Honey and Clover - The light story of college romance is what appeals to me here. I can really relate with the characters' situations coz I've experienced something similar at least once in different points of my life. The great songs also help it to my fave status.
4.) Elfen Lied - This anime reeks of violence and nudity, I know, but that's not what I was after when I watched it. I like this anime due to its underlying love story, of Lucy's determination against all odds to find the one person who truly cared for her. This is also one of the few anime that touched my heart deeply.
5.) Samurai 7 - This story is comparable, IMO, to works created by Studio Ghibli. The way they made an almost original work out of Kurosawa's masterpiece is astounding, and the drama at the end of the anime shows great realism for a futuristic setting.
Last edited by gin-san; 2006-06-21 at 14:40.
|2006-06-21, 14:38||Link #123|
2) Elfen Lied
3) Grave of the Fireflies
4) Naruto (I'm going to ignore all epsode post ep20 here.....)
5) Love Hina (yeah, you heard me. It goes against my manic depressive theme in my 1-3, and I usually hate this genre, but for some reason I love it, so oh well)
|2006-06-21, 20:45||Link #124|
"Show it to me"
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
1.) Strawberry Panic - cool story and characters.
2.) The Good Witch of The West - I'm very fond of those fairy tale-like stories so this catches my fancy
3.) Utawarerumono - yep, definitely.
4.) Girls Bravo - amusing and cute. go Miharu!!!
5.) Black Cat - good action and story.
|2006-06-21, 22:21||Link #125|
Join Date: May 2006
Location: marianas trench
Top 5 Anime
1. Aishiteruze Baby -- a heart warming story that could melt the coldest of hearts. Great pacing, and has a two of the most memorable and likable characters (Kippei, Yuzuyu).
2. Kimi ga Nezumo Eien -- the first anime that made me cry. The beach scene between Taka and Haruka had me depressed for weeks.
3. Beck -- not your usual anime, quite an interesting concept. Mahou made the series for me. The anime that made me watch Kaikan Phrase.
4. Samurai X (special mention to Samurai X: Reminiscence) -- has always been a favorite of mine. Himura is / and will always be the best male action lead in my book.
5. Touch -- I have always been a fan of sports drama. and touch is probably the longest running of these genre that i've watched. It also helps that the Tatsuya and Minami relationship is probably one of the sweetest in these genre, or for any other genre in that matter.
And because 5 is not enough i will list some of the anime that in one time or another, is a part of my top 5.
6. Gunslinger Girl
7. Honey and Clover
8. Elfen Lied
9. Air TV
11. great Teacher Onizuka
there you have my Baker's dozen
|2006-06-22, 00:47||Link #126|
Join Date: Dec 2005
1. Utawarerumono - Nice plot, great soundtrack, and unique people. Literally. I like how it kinda just follows their everyday lives.
2. Ouran High School Host Club - Brilliant. Pure Brilliance! This leaves me laughing so hard!!
3. Ai Yori Aoshi - Corny romance. I love those!
4. Full Metal Alchemist - Deeper plot than usual. I love when shows make me think.
5. Tokyo Mew Mew - The anime that introduced me to other anime. Therefore, it always holds a special place in my heart.
Honorable Mentions (There are just too many good ones!):
Paranoia Agent - Most of the ending was unexpected. Also, I don't completely understand it. There are very few shows that I don't completely understand even after spending days thinking about it. I love it!
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (and Pure) - Musical romance about mermaids.... um... I guess I don't remember why I like it...
Pretear- Funny. I like the whole thing where a girl is surrounded by a bunch of guys.
Full Moon Wo Sagashite - So touching! One of the most touching anime I have seen (second to Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora of course)
Pretty Cute (and Max Heart. Not Splash Star though) - I watched this after Full Moon Wo Sagashite. It is a nice, comical release after the beautiful drama.
Noein - Captivating! Scientific, Futuristic, Romantic, Powerful!
Detective Academy Q - Well, the first 30 or so were really good. Pretty neat mystery show.
Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - Romantic, tragic drama. What's not to love.
Himawari! - The whole thing is funny. This ninja girl falls in love with an ordinary teacher. Kinda hard to explain why I like it, but I highly recommend it.
Lemon Angel Project - I adore the whole "rags to riches" story. Or, in this case, specifically ordinary girl to pop star idol.
Saiunkoku Monogatari - Cute and funny.
Digimon Savers - The main characters make it funny.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - I can't say I've ever seen anything like this. Its uniqueness is what I love about it.
Soul Link - Danger, Drama, and Romance in space. Great combo, I think.
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - Wierd. With all of these romances and tragic dramas and comedies, I have to have a completely wierd show... I can't tell u what it is about exactly... I don't think I even comprehend all of it... Which is actually why I like watching it.
Fighting Beauty Wulong - The interactions between the main character and the grandfather make it hilarious. It is about a girl that fights with a special martial arts style.
High School Girls - It is supposed to be about typical high school girl life, but the fact that it is completely different from everyday life makes it funny. It is a bit perverted though.
Angelic Layer - It is like you find yourself rooting for the main characters and really getting into their matches. I couldn't stop watching.
Kodomo No Omocha - Except for the fact that it is over 100 episodes, this is pretty great. It is a romance about a little actress and her class.
Kagihime - I love the uniqueness I guess. I can't say there is anything quite like it. This group of girls fight each other and open each others' hearts to take their stories.
Air Gear - The idea of skates like those in this anime is intriguing. Therefore, I continue to watch.
|2006-06-22, 05:15||Link #127|
1. Full Metal Panic! - I actually love all 3 seasons, but I just group them all as FMP! Anyway, it encompasses many genres; action, adventure, comedy, romance, sci-fi, mecha, political, thriller, etc. Every aspect is perfection. The characters feel very real, and have some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. Its animation is jaw dropping, and it's mostly done by KyoAni (except for the first season). The story is easy to get hooked on and it has some of the funniest moments in anime history. Arm slaves actually seem like a possibility due to the attention to detail. The relationships between each character, especially between Kaname and Sousuke, are my favourite parts. Everything just feels so real. Aside from my second favourite, nothing comes close.
2. Chobits - A very charming and sweet anime. Everything about it soothes my heart. The animation is very different from the usual standard, and could probably give any KyoAni production a run for its money. It also has my favourite soundtrack. The story is slow paced and relaxing. There's never any pressure to hurry on with watching the next episode, but it wont ruin your experience if you do decide to watch many episodes in one go. The male lead, Hideki, is the best male lead I've seen and voiced by my favourite VA, Sugita Tomokazu. The female lead, Chii, is the epitomy of cuteness.
3. Da Capo - The first half starts out cute and light-hearted and it's easy to come to love all the characters. It's one of the few harem that the male lead actually knows what choice to make/which girl to choose. The animation is pretty and the soundtrack is very nice. The second half gets dark and becomes depressing at some points. Overall, it's a very charming anime.
4. Elfen Lied - One of the most violent things I've ever watched. However, it's violence with a purpose, just like the nudity has a purpose. The violent side of the female lead, Lucy, shows the torment that is going on inside her, and despite her violent side, we still feel attached to her. Nudity shows that she still retains some of her childhood innocence, and this gives us some insight into her personality.
5. Please Teacher - Aside from Chobits, this has got to be one of the biggest male fantasies. The romance is very dominant, but other elements, like comedy and sci-fi, are also very good. It can be quite depressing in one episode near the end when you learn about what happened in Kei's past, and the cause of his "stand stills".
My other favourites that are contending for 4th and 5th place are:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, School Rumble (Season 1 & 2), Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Da Capo (Second Season), Air, DearS, Fate/Stay Night, Azumanga Daioh, Full Metal Alchemist, Berserk, Escaflowne, Fruits Basket and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Last edited by Maxon; 2007-01-13 at 19:32.
|2006-06-25, 20:35||Link #128|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Wow I haven't seen muc, but only having 5 on my list would be tough, Here goes.
1. Kimi ga Nozura Gien- Very serious romance, ah, deserves to be number 1
2. School Rumble- Has got to be the funniest anime I've ever seen.
3. Bleach- Love the action, comedy
4. Shuffle- Harem! Awesome story and characters are really funny
5. AIR TV- Very very depressing
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni- This would be up there, but its still airing, one of the most unique animes I've ever watched.
|2006-06-26, 02:48||Link #129|
Cyz from what i've read im surprised you did not mention shuffle i noticed we have the same interests in anime. Anyway
1. Steel Angel Kurumi (Story made me fall in love with the characters)
2. Shuffle! (Although i was a bit depressed after watching this)
3. Mahou Sensei Negima (Always full of comedy and fun i recommend!)
4. D.N.Angel (Another love story with a attention grabbing plot)
5. Strawberry Panic (So sweet... not from a perverted side might i add)
i reccommend all these to you guys especially SAK its a fun anime ^^.
|2006-06-29, 00:43||Link #132|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden Kiruna
1: one piece
2:Hajime No Ippo
5:hunter x hunter
9:The law of ueki
12: Last exile
14: yakitate Japan
|2006-06-29, 07:47||Link #133|
Join Date: Nov 2003
1. Full Metal Alchemist, hands down
2. Bleach, but only up to ep 60 or something... I hate the filler
3. 2x2 = Shinobuden, just all the random sheet
4. Futakoi alternative, I loved the feeling this one had
5. FLCL, sort of combination between 2x2 = Shinobuden and Futakoi alt. The atmosphere is great, and it's pretty random too
ok, and I have to give some honourable mentions too:
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu.
Midori no Hibi
edit: almost forgot Azumanga Daioh, which prolly comes somewhere around 6th place. Oh and Gunslinger Girls
|2006-06-29, 07:55||Link #134|
I Cheat at Solitare
Join Date: Jun 2006
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion
4. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
5. Rurouni Kenshin 1-50.
Though I like Hellsing, (Check the avatar!) I can't honestly say it's one of the best 5 I've ever seen. Animation quality = Not the best.
|2006-07-02, 11:44||Link #135|
Join Date: Jan 2006
I have just completed Akitaroh Daichi's painful painful masterpiece. As such, I'm making an edit to my previous list. It now replaces PlanetES as my number one Anime.
(1)Now and Then, Here and There
This Anime covers so many other real themes, so many other scenes; so beautifully and so well balanced, with wonderful and unobstrusive bgm, that honestly, I hate it, yet love it, all at the same time. It has truly to be a masterpiece to leave me feeling like that.
I have never been more serious when I say that this Anime will stay with me for Life. edit: May I add that no Anime has reached that deep into me.
I haven even completed watching the series, and its already my TOP anime. A Testament to its Divinity. ~~ Finally finished it. Even more reasons why it sould be at the top. To sum it up, this is a REAL series. Real as in realistic. Not one where bad or good is easily defined; its a grey anime, as haruhiko put it. Where good and bad is acknowledged as being intertwined, and even expressed in the same character. WATCH IT.
I'm moving this one up because I was thinking about it and it hit me that an Anime with such beauty couldn't possibly take fifth place. ::: Few anime leave me wanting more each time like Mushishi does. For an Anime that emphasizes the Continuation of Life in midst of Tragedy, it deserves this spot. Gets pretty emotional too. (You can see I love Emo). In regard to this, some comments I made:
Spoiler for Length:
Its in this spot for being the Anime that most changed my life. And I mean Literally changed.
(5) Rozen Maiden and (6) Rozen Maiden : Traumend
One of the few series that made me laugh out loud at one turn and cry like a baby at another (Yes, I'm a boy. No, I'm not a sissy. Come and try me if you want ). Also, the only Anime I've watched with a sequel that matches its predecessor step for freaking step. If not better.
Eh I'm seeing some love for Last Exile and SP here, so I'll just expand my list a little
I'm putting this first because storywise, it had so much more going for it than Last Exile. This was a truly great show. Funny at parts, gut-wrenchingly sad at others (~okaasan~ ), deeply meaningful too. You can't beat the logic of a 16 year old, egg-loving naive. Arika, Pacifica pwns YOU!!
The world created for this Anime came to life. Music, protrayal, animation/drawing, designs, the armies and system of fighting, the vanships. I loved this because it simply sucked you in. Plus great characters that felt so life-like.
Last edited by Lost; 2006-11-16 at 06:20.
|2006-07-03, 16:53||Link #136|
Join Date: May 2006
In no specific order
Honey and Clover
I also like Aisheteruze Baby alot and Aria the animation, Kino no Tabi, Higurashi and Mushishi, favourite movie is Totoro. There are lots of others I like but these would have a good chance of making my top five depending on the mood I was in for the day, I want HxH in there as well.
|2006-07-04, 03:02||Link #137|
Join Date: Dec 2005
I haven't given it much thought, but here goes...
1. Eureka Seven
I'm probably just being nostalgic since I only finished it yesterday, and I have that empty feeling you get when a series you loved ended. Right now, no other anime compares. Everything about that show was great! The deep references to influential music, the fact that every character was given a more than sufficient amount of development, the fantastic animation, the heartwarming romance and the nailbiting drama! Everybody should see this and stop overlooking it as ' just mecha'.
Another awesome show! Certainly not as flashy as Eureka, but makes up for that by being an uncharacteristically warm show for its actual designs, which are quite plain. The fact that it sheds light on the otaku subject has given it a place in the hearts of many anime geeks.
Those two stick out in memory - I love other shows like Honey and Clover, Air, Dragonball Z[for getting me into anime], Aishiteruze Baby, Love Hina, FLCL, Hokuto no Ken... they all have a profound impact.
|2006-07-04, 13:46||Link #139|
Autumn winds are good~
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hong Kong
1.) Honey and Clovers
---> Perfect execution. Perfect story. Simply put, PERFECT!
2.) Cowboy Bebop
---> Perfect execution. Perfect story. Simply put, PERFECt! [To a lesser degree]
3.) Eureka SeveN
---> Exceptional story. Exceptional Plot. Truly is a masterpiece.
4.) Full Metal Alchemist
---> Excellent story. Excellent Plot. Yet another masterpiece.
---> Thrilling story. Excellent plot. A masterpiece in the making.
PS: Even the fillers are mostly good.
|2006-07-08, 12:05||Link #140|
~Chrno + Rosette~
1 - Tsukihime - Amazing storyline and plot, and a beautiful ending. Loved it.
2 - Chrno Crusade - The ending had me pretty depressed. IMO, a more beautiful ending than both Tsukihime or KGNE.
3 - Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - One of the more realistic anime's I've seen, and an excellent storyline. Does make you depressed, though.
4 - Gundam Wing - The First gundam series I watched, and, without a doubt, the most realistic. The Endless Waltz OVA was beautifully done.
5 - To Heart - Just the first series and sequel, not To Heart 2. One of the more layed back animes, it was very fun to watch. Loved all the characters.
-Other ones I enjoyed were Shakugan No Shana, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Green Green TV, and Onegai Teacher.