AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Mai-Otome Character Do You Hate The Most?
Nina Wong 12 4.69%
Erstin Ho 9 3.52%
Mashiro Windbloom 12 4.69%
Arika Yumemiya 19 7.42%
Shizuru Viola 8 3.13%
Irina Woods 1 0.39%
Natsuki Kruger 2 0.78%
Juliet Nao Zhang 0 0%
Haruka Armitage 1 0.39%
Sergey Wong 61 23.83%
Tomoe Marguerite 74 28.91%
Nagi Dai Artai 26 10.16%
Miya Clochette 11 4.30%
Other (list below) 20 7.81%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-31, 23:47   Link #41
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
The point is "underage," not "ten years younger."
So? It's just four years to go....
djmaca is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 23:52   Link #42
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
The point is "underage," not "ten years younger," although a lot of people have problem with that part, too.
So what do you want him to do? Kill himself?

Exactly what has Sergay done that you don't like? You know... Things he did that are actually his fault? Anything that he would actually go to jail for?

So what if Nina and Arika don't have self-control? Did he try to seduce either of them? Did he?

Learn to blame the girl once in a while. It's not automatically the guy's fault just because he's a guy.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 00:00   Link #43
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
The point is "underage," not "ten years younger," although a lot of people have problem with that part, too.
But that wasn't his fault, right?

Nina would've frozen to death in the streets of Artai if it wasn't for him.
And Arika would've been fish food, or entered a rape rehab center.

It's not his fault if all the men in the Otome world are so useless that he has to do all the savings himself.

And except for that one time when he struggled between following his order or his conscience, he has behaved himself in a noble manner.
ArchDragon is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 00:05   Link #44
guest
guess
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
So what do you want him to do? Kill himself?

Exactly what has Sergay done that you don't like? You know... Things he did that are actually his fault? Anything that he would actually go to jail for?

So what if Nina and Arika don't have self-control? Did he try to seduce either of them? Did he?

Learn to blame the girl once in a while. It's not automatically the guy's fault just because he's a guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
But that wasn't his fault, right?

Nina would've frozen to death in the streets of Artai if it wasn't for him.
And Arika would've been fish food, or entered a rape rehab center.

It's not his fault if all the men in the Otome world are so useless that he has to do all the savings himself.

And except for that one time when he struggled between following his order or his conscience, he has behaved himself in a noble manner.
I am sure that this has been discussed a lot in some other threads. I don't remember which one, but you can look for it. I am sure people there can give you better explanation, reasoning, whatsoever, than just one person can give.

This thread is about who you hate the most in the series. I was making a statment or just an assumption from what I see in this poll, at least that is what I think I did. I don't think this is the thread to discuss about relationships as such.

Sorry, too slow. I think I should address this sort of post all together.
__________________
guest is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 01:05   Link #45
Varis
Composed Eccentric
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I voted Tomoe. Trying your hardest to discredit, ruin and kill someone because they have the favor of the person you look up to does not make you cool.


I also have to agree with Vallan Chaos Valiant on Sergay. He never abused Nina which would have been more then willing I would imagine.
As for Ariak... he was ORDERED to seduce her and control her by any means. For Arika's sake he disobeyed a order. The last thing Sergay is would be a pedophile.
Varis is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 01:07   Link #46
MattAlchemy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: At home...
Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
It was Sergey's fault for being born. JK.

It could be arika's fault for loving him...
MattAlchemy is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 01:35   Link #47
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattAlchemy
It was Sergey's fault for being born. JK.

It could be arika's fault for loving him...
It's Sergey's fault for being too much of a ladies-man!

GO SERGEY!!! Make all playas the world over proud of you!
djmaca is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 02:43   Link #48
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by twh
Arika: Mary Frickin Sue
Um...From my own interpretation, labelling someone as a Mary Sue means that the person is pretty/beautiful but has close to non common sense nor intelligence.

How exactly can Arika be Mary Sue when she isnt exactly someone you would call a beauty, nor a very moe~ characer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
The phrase is "He will win in a landslide"
Actually, I believe its "He will win in a landslide victory".
__________________
Eclipze is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 06:10   Link #49
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Blue Ridge Mountain High
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Actually, I believe its "He will win in a landslide victory".
It's also "He will win by a landslide." I don't like the grammar in any of these cases but, eh, what can you do. We Americans mangle English so painfully sometimes
__________________
"We pretend to be civilised but only blood sacrifice quiets the murderer within."
--Sappho, from Erica Jong's Sappho's Leap
Kieli is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 06:33   Link #50
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
It's also "He will win by a landslide." I don't like the grammar in any of these cases but, eh, what can you do. We Americans mangle English so painfully sometimes

Well, "he will win by a landslide" can be mis-intepreted as a literal form, and thats VERY WEIRD. Adding "victory" behind it makes it much easier to understand.

Indeed, English is twisted so much that I have trouble keeping up with the new "terms". Not internet terms, language terms...

On-topic:
looks like Sergey and Tomoe both take the cake as the top 2 "most hated" characters in MO. Why am I not surprised?
__________________
Eclipze is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 07:20   Link #51
starplattinum
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Sergay is final answer!!

go hell oldman!!!
starplattinum is offline  
Old 2006-02-01, 11:24   Link #52
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Um...From my own interpretation, labelling someone as a Mary Sue means that the person is pretty/beautiful but has close to non common sense nor intelligence.

How exactly can Arika be Mary Sue when she isnt exactly someone you would call a beauty, nor a very moe~ characer?


Actually, I believe its "He will win in a landslide victory".
Mary Sue has different interpretations. When I see "Mary Sue" I usually picture one of those "perfect characters" and that's not exactly correct either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
I know there are other sources, but I'll just put this one up.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 09:27   Link #53
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I go for Nagi Dai Artai.
Spoiler for what should i say?:



PS : He'll Be returned In this Final OVA of Mai Otome Zwei. Be Aware!!
Jeffry2009 is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 09:33   Link #54
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
I agree that Arika is a Mary Sue. She's infuriatingly set up to be a "pure" and "angelic" protagonist who nevertheless solves all of the world's problems with one hand-wave where "realistic" leaders with a grasp of politics (read Natsuki and Midori) spectacularly fail.

Arika tries to be Sailor Moon, but lacks the original's charm. So I voted for her.
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 10:08   Link #55
disney72
Going Bonklers
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
hmm this is hard.. tomoe is such an easy choice coz shes downright bad.. im thinking of voting for shizuru coz she smiles a lot like a psychotic ready to rip off your head while laughing( she gives me the creeps every time she does that) but hey natsuki likes her so its ok by me..

and btw.. haruka kicks ass like a maniac on a rampage..
disney72 is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 15:33   Link #56
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
It’s not that I really hate her, but I find Tomoe the most annoying character, and for sure one who I’d hate in real life.
She’s closely followed by Arika, though, for all the right things that Sikon wrote.
Atlantis_Lux is offline  
Old 2007-08-12, 23:29   Link #57
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
I had to vote for "Other" because you poll did not include John Smith from Schwartz. He was the only person I really hated in the series. Nagi and Tomoe we both evil, but fun characters. Smith was just loathsome.
mdauben is offline  
Old 2007-08-13, 08:09   Link #58
Xgenadam
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
It has to be Arika, shes annoying and Nina would have done better as the main protagonist
Xgenadam is offline  
Old 2007-08-25, 22:19   Link #59
SlurEXE
MEGU REALLY IS JUNK
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I don't have any particular hatred , but Natsuki Kruger just pisses me off. Nothing she did was ever useful.
SlurEXE is offline  
Old 2007-08-26, 00:05   Link #60
Leebot
Cognivore
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurEXE View Post
I don't have any particular hatred , but Natsuki Kruger just pisses me off. Nothing she did was ever useful.
I'm more mad at the writers than at her. They just seemed to have it in for her and kept depowering her over and over again. But you can't say she never did anything useful: One shot from her gun was equal in power to Nagi's ultimate weapon, and prevented it from destroying the Shinso (I think that was what it would have hit at least).
Leebot is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.