AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-03, 21:49   Link #241
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickle
And I have to say this new fangled h264 format is pretty groovy. Bigger file sizes but muchos quality increase over xvid.
I noticed a lot of artifacting on the x264 encode of episode 8. Is this supposed to be normal?
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 03:04   Link #242
Trickle

Rah! Spoke too soon. I cant even get the **** Luperry x264 one to play at all

When I've had artifacing on the za wurdo h264's its always been a bad checksum in the download and has required resuming the torrent and redownloading 15% again. Has done it every time :/ (and I needed the community codec pack to get it to work, I got artificing and poor performance just running ffdshow etc)

Is x264 the same as h264? I really dont know if I can be bothered to hunt for a luperry forum or post in the playback section. May wait for the zawurdo one.

Edit: Looks like they recommend the cc pack + VLC, yet on their thread I'm not the only one who cant get video playback using this combination so I cant reccomend downloading these guys subs until they sort their coding issues.

Last edited by Trickle; 2006-06-04 at 03:16.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 03:36   Link #243
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Well For H264 I use Media Player Classic + CoreAVC that both are included in the K-Lite Codec Pack. And for what i've seen I never had a H264 with artifacs. Try this combination and see what you get .....
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 03:51   Link #244
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
Anyone know what that squirrels name is?
The floating guy? His name's Phyllo I believe.
Old 2006-06-04, 04:32   Link #245
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Aura was the true purpose of "The World"'s existence (the original game, before the fire, anyway).

Is it even a spoiler? Just in case... some spoilers from the original stories...
Spoiler:
Yes I'm aware of all of that. She is the ultimate AI and god of The World, and I'm saying, UdeDen manga was proof of that. o.0 Just like normal people she gets bored~ whee >>
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 13:48   Link #246
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I was having problems playing back LuPerry's episodes (h.264 versions) until I went to an AMD3800x2 processor and installed another 1 gig of ram (2 total). I use VLC for all my playback needs (it supports dual core processors).
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 13:54   Link #247
BakaAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb
I was having problems playing back LuPerry's episodes (h.264 versions) until I went to an AMD3800x2 processor and installed another 1 gig of ram (2 total). I use VLC for all my playback needs (it supports dual core processors).
It's actaully x264 for LuPerry's fansubs.

Generally in order to play the higher end movies (h264, x264) you need lots of ram or you may get a poor framefrate or it simply wont play very well at all.
BakaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 17:53   Link #248
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I was going to wait for this anime near it's end before watching, but just...

Saw the OP for this anime. I like the music, even if it's different from Sign. I think I'll watch it now just because of this Tri-Edge fellow. He seems very interesting, and the way he resembles a certain someone .

I like how the music shifts moods when they show him in the OP and the way he's portrayed with that stance with a psychotic, yet expressionless face and the background. Also having the main character looking up with an angry/frustrated, facial expression.

Now that's how you make someone look badass and powerful.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 18:00   Link #249
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Well For H264 I use Media Player Classic + CoreAVC that both are included in the K-Lite Codec Pack. And for what i've seen I never had a H264 with artifacs. Try this combination and see what you get .....
I tried it and get the same results. There is significant noise pronounced especially in solid colors in the x264 encode. To see what I'm talking about in ep8 look at the brown part of Ovan's garb at 17:08, and also Naobi's turban at 18:07. You should notice some slight twinkling effect. It's actually present almost throughout every scene but easily noticeable in only darker colors. And for comparison I've tested other anime with h264 and there is no such problem. I'll have to test next on a different display with different video card.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 21:54   Link #250
SephirothYuyX
I Am, Who I Am.

Send a message via AIM to SephirothYuyX
I wanted to refresh myself of the first 4 .hack games. Does anyone know of a site that has a summary, or something simaliar? Im almost tempted to break the games out..
SephirothYuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 02:38   Link #251
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
I wanted to refresh myself of the first 4 .hack games. Does anyone know of a site that has a summary, or something simaliar? Im almost tempted to break the games out..
Here ya go my friend enjoy:
http://home.austin.rr.com/tsote/dothack/helba_gate.html
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 12:45   Link #252
Trickle

Major edit and *cough* confession time.

My comp doesnt get restarted very often... and guess whats fixed the LuPerry x264 avi? Yup.

Last edited by Trickle; 2006-06-05 at 14:31.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 00:46   Link #253
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseo
Ovan is interesting, I want to learn more about him. For instance, the left arm, and why he has such an interest in Haseo. Also, what makes Haseo so "special". (Other then he's AWESOME! )
I'm just as curious as you are. When I look at Ovan, I always look at his left arm first. It's sticking out like a sore thumb.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 04:54   Link #254
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

Uhh...

1) x264 is a library for encoding in H.264.
2) Dancing blocks on the encode are from the raw used: namely Naobi. Naobi is a walking block of hell.
3) h264 does not make the file size larger: For [zw], I originally made a 230mb 720p xvid encode and it looked like crap, so it was either bump up the xvid to 345mb or go for h264.
4) Episode 10's raw sucks hardcore as far as noticiable color blocks dancing like mexican jumping beans.
Old 2006-06-08, 04:58   Link #255
althenawhm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
(Question: What is a "Second"? Those PKers, realising that Hasero is avoiding their attacks in a way not possible for a level 3 newbie, asked if he was a "Second"... And then promptly dismissed the idea and said he was just lucky.)
I believe that a Second is a person who played the original World, thus having some experiance of how to fight.
althenawhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 16:49   Link #256
gvozden
Waterproofed Legion

Would say word second is not quite proper translation (it still makes sense).

Some games allow multiple characters to be created by player, but you can only play one at the time. Usually your highest level is main, and everything else is alt, short of alternative (character).
gvozden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 18:48   Link #257
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

But they actually pronouce "second" in Japanese, thus... ~~
Old 2006-06-08, 18:59   Link #258
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

So Tri-Edge is the PKer version of Kite?
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 20:07   Link #259
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

He's some faggish AI who looks like Kite. :x
Old 2006-06-09, 07:15   Link #260
BakaAngel

Thanks, I wondered what a Second was.

I can't wait to download episode 10!
BakaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote