AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 21:14   Link #121
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Yes, they call Haseo a PKK in a GU trailer.

I hope Roots tells us the story of why he became a PKK. PKs were ruining his day in episode one but I don't think that's enough to make him an obsessive PKK, don't you think?
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 22:07   Link #122
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Well, based off of what was given in the manga for GU
Spoiler:
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 23:00   Link #123
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 23:56   Link #124
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Does anyone else dislike Shino? She acts all nice and kind. But really, she seems arrogant, manipulative, and a smartass. I really don't like her. Plus, she didn't kill those two guys in ep. 1. *shakes fist*

This has been a pretty good two eps. Not quite as interesting as .hack//sign to me, but it may get better than sign.
Old 2006-04-16, 00:03   Link #125
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Does anyone else dislike Shino? She acts all nice and kind. But really, she seems arrogant, manipulative, and a smartass.
In short, she's a woman?

(gets pelted with stones... )

...joking! joking!!! Help!!!!!
Old 2006-04-16, 00:05   Link #126
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Does anyone else dislike Shino? She acts all nice and kind. But really, she seems arrogant, manipulative, and a smartass. I really don't like her. Plus, she didn't kill those two guys in ep. 1. *shakes fist*
The manipulative part you got me at while the arrogant and smartass part is a different story. And should she really be able to even kill those two guys in girls clothing much less that it would be pretty stupid to do that in front of the main character noob that got Pked.
Old 2006-04-16, 00:07   Link #127
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
In short, she's a woman?

(gets pelted with stones... )

...joking! joking!!! Help!!!!!
Oh yeah, you're going down. : P SUPER PMS ATTACK, ACTIVATE!
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:48   Link #128
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Yes, they call Haseo a PKK in a GU trailer.

I hope Roots tells us the story of why he became a PKK. PKs were ruining his day in episode one but I don't think that's enough to make him an obsessive PKK, don't you think?
You will be surprised about how getting PKed can make a person obssessive in PKing others. If you do play WoW, there are many cases where the ganked decided to level up ASAP and then go and gank others for the reasons of 'revenge'. But of course, sometimes, it is just an excuse and they were ganking for the heck of it.

And thanks, kodachrome. The piece of information you give is very enlightening.

And I am aware I missed out alot by not playing the games.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 09:07   Link #129
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
The manipulative part you got me at while the arrogant and smartass part is a different story. And should she really be able to even kill those two guys in girls clothing much less that it would be pretty stupid to do that in front of the main character noob that got Pked.

Well I thin she should have just because I play WoW a lot and it reminded me that in WoW you kill people like that . But, I guess you're right it would not have been best thing to do.

As for smartass, the way she made fun of Haseo with the looking into the eyes thing. And arrogant, well she hans't shown it yet, but I can tell from the way her character is being set up that she is . But maybe she will take a turn for the better and be a little less manipulative.
Old 2006-04-16, 11:21   Link #130
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

True, though Haseo has been acting a bit like the type that would be a smart ass magnet.

But man do I need to try out WoW if you have no holds bar PKing.
Old 2006-04-16, 11:29   Link #131
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
True, though Haseo has been acting a bit like the type that would be a smart ass magnet.

But man do I need to try out WoW if you have no holds bar PKing.
Well on pvp servers you feel the need to kill any and all people of the opposite faction. At least I do. I didn't until the atrocities that the horde committed in Auberdine came to light. Then it was horde killin time .
Old 2006-04-16, 17:15   Link #132
Ori

Quote:

This has been a pretty good two eps. Not quite as interesting as .hack//sign to me, but it may get better than sign.
I think I definately like Subaru better than Shino right now. But then again, maybe I will learn to like Shino as the show develops.

I think Haseo is sort of asking for the "look into people eyes when you are speaking thing." He has this attitude that just doesn't fit with the fact he is a noob.

Thinking back, I realize .hack//sign is really not that interesting. But then, when I watched it I really couldn't stop and it's one of the few anime that I actually watched every single episode pretty carefully (I normally lose interest in things after first ten episodes). Hopefully that's the case with this anime too.
Old 2006-04-16, 18:09   Link #133
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Watched the 1st 2 episodes and seems to be quite interesting, I didn't like Hack.sign, the 2nd series was rather good, this one is shaping up to be quite good.
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 21:38   Link #134
saikou

very interesting. "condensed soup" version of episode below, just add water:

Spoiler:

This is all very intriguing. No character has lead on to knowing anything about the true nature of the Key of the Twilight. Smart money says Ovan probably does, however.
saikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 22:00   Link #135
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikou
very interesting. "condensed soup" version of episode below, just add water:

Spoiler:

This is all very intriguing. No character has lead on to knowing anything about the true nature of the Key of the Twilight. Smart money says Ovan probably does, however.
Yea Ovan is a really interesting char. He has a mysterious attitude and a certain charisma about him. I think he does know more than he lets on.

I like Haseo. I remember when I was about 14, I was like him. So maybe I identify
with him more. So this serious has definately peaked my interest.

I wonder why the panther dude is so interested in Ovan? He seems to almost have an obsession with whatever Ovan is doing atm. It's kind of weird.
Old 2006-04-20, 00:14   Link #136
Ori

Watched the raw. Episode 3 has a lot more action and more interesting plot than episode 2 I think. A much more exciting episode.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:52   Link #137
Mb81

Well, my comment to the series so far. I think the series is better than its other ones. But i cannot come around thinking that they ripped off many other anime series ideas for that. Well, it is maybe just my imagination, that the main character looks like the one in D.GrayMan or that the tranformation of the main character reminds of TrinityBlood (i mean the stab he holds). And so on...
Old 2006-04-23, 13:04   Link #138
Gladi

Quote:
Well on pvp servers you feel the need to kill any and all people of the opposite faction. At least I do. I didn't until the atrocities that the horde committed in Auberdine came to light. Then it was horde killin time .
Bah, you try play a hordling when there are more allies in the Barrens than you .

Well to not get banned, seen ep3- we need more like its second half .
Gladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:26   Link #139
Haseo
The Terror Of Death

Location: Hell, North Carolina, United States of the Shitty America
Send a message via AIM to Haseo Send a message via MSN to Haseo
Quote:
Yea Ovan is a really interesting char. He has a mysterious attitude and a certain charisma about him. I think he does know more than he lets on.

I like Haseo. I remember when I was about 14, I was like him. So maybe I identify
with him more. So this serious has definately peaked my interest.

I wonder why the panther dude is so interested in Ovan? He seems to almost have an obsession with whatever Ovan is doing atm. It's kind of weird.
I think he might be interested in Ovan because he's an unusual character, hence left arm. Or maybe some sorta of conflict arose between the two. Yet, I'm being lead to believe that the panther dude in some forms want what Ovan is looking for as well(KotT), and knows if someone were to find it. It would be Ovan.

Ovan is interesting, I want to learn more about him. For instance, the left arm, and why he has such an interest in Haseo. Also, what makes Haseo so "special". (Other then he's AWESOME! )
Haseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:04   Link #140
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Well, Haseo's interest in Ovan and the development in episode 3 is a given.
At first he wasn't very hooked up to the game, but it got interesting since he's getting so much attention from renowned guilds and got caught up in all sorts of legends.

You don't have to be very unordinary in MMORPGs to get a lot of publicity.
a WoW-guild I was in got pretty infamous for causing this and some other stuff..fun times.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...kazzak&pl=true
Of course the guild member who did it never openly admitted to it or told anyone how he did it. But afterwards we were branded as hackers etc. And the guild has remained the most powerful on the server.