AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-06, 22:09   Link #61
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The true story behind chapter 71 is..

By the way, Shien means the deep pit. Mono means the thing.

Some chapter summaries are not correct. Anyone minds to make those correction.
Yeah Shinen no Mono is something like beings or creatures of the abyss. For some reason I keep seeing it as despair since I keep associating it with creatures of depths of despair or something. Either way they're badasses.

Spoiler for spoiler from 71:
ickem is offline  
Old 2007-04-07, 08:49   Link #62
shaselai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
do you guys think there is a chance that Priscilla ditches Easly and goes with Raki?
shaselai is offline  
Old 2007-04-07, 08:59   Link #63
ccardoso
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Can someone make a summary of what is happening in chapter 71? There are a lot of "!!!" in this chapter so I guess something big was revealed. I suspect there is a love traingle among Easly-Priscilla-Riful, but I didn't get more than that (given it's right... ).
ccardoso is offline  
Old 2007-04-07, 13:38   Link #64
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The true story behind chapter 71 is..
Spoiler:


and

Spoiler:


By the way, Shien means the deep pit. Mono means the thing.

Some chapter summaries are not correct. Anyone minds to make those correction.

Riful needs a new boy friend. That guy looks pitful.


This has been on my mind for a bit. Why is it that hybirds like the awaken ones are more powerful then regular demons? Where are the really powerful regular or is it they don't exist at all?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now  
Old 2007-04-07, 14:16   Link #65
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Maybe it's because the weak hybrids don't live to awaken? (Maybe they're killed by youmas early in their career. Maybe they're killed by other Claymores, or sent on suicide missions, when they come close to awakening.) So the only Awakened Ones you see are the toughest Claymores, which themselves needed to be the toughest hybrids to survive training?
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-04-07, 16:32   Link #66
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe it's because the weak hybrids don't live to awaken? (Maybe they're killed by youmas early in their career. Maybe they're killed by other Claymores, or sent on suicide missions, when they come close to awakening.) So the only Awakened Ones you see are the toughest Claymores, which themselves needed to be the toughest hybrids to survive training?
That still doesn't explain where the more powerful Full demons are.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now  
Old 2007-04-07, 16:40   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
True, but it does explain part of the Awakened Ones' strength.

As for the full demons... Maybe, as a full demon becomes stronger, he becomes hungrier, like the Voracious Eater of Darkness in paradise. And before he can truly come into his full strength, something is done about him because he can't go unnoticed? I got the impression that most youmas traveled around, trying not to stay in one place long enough for the people to call Claymores down on them. Maybe, strong youmas don't have that option and are dispatched.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-04-07, 18:50   Link #68
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler:
cajunman380 is offline  
Old 2007-04-07, 19:07   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post
Gnerally IMHO most demons dont travel around but stay at a spot especially places where they can hide themselves easily from claymores. The only reason a claymore would come to hunt them is because they were hired by the town to do so. SO if the town cant get the claymore. the town is basically screwed (nice economic policy there for ya)
It's manga, so anything's possible, but it's unlikely. Why? Because even small villages can afford Claymores (not easily, but if it's that or be eaten by a youma...) So any town can easily afford their services. And if it's a small village that really can't pay for a Claymore and if a youma stuck around... He'd either end up eating everyone (even if he doesn't eat that much, a small village can't afford that kind of mortality rate), or, more realistically, the survivors would just run away and disperse before that happens. In both cases, the village would disappear and the youma would have to move on anyway - after raising a big stink, making it more likely that the neighbouring villages will be desperate enough to call a Claymore fast, no matter the cost.

If I was a youma, I'd travel around, never staying long enough to eat more than two or three people. And if I saw a Claymore, I wouldn't try to fight her or to have one last meal - I'd just do my best to escape. They'd never catch me!
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-04-07, 19:39   Link #70
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's manga, so anything's possible, but it's unlikely. Why? Because even small villages can afford Claymores (not easily, but if it's that or be eaten by a youma...) So any town can easily afford their services.

i have to disagree, or else why would demon hunting requests for a demon at a particular town came from another town? I find it hard to believe that there arent villages that simply cant afford it (but like you said its manga) or better yet, a village that failed to pay claymores in the past (in the manga its explicitly stted by teresa that if a village doesnt pay then the org wont bother with them anymore, in other words they are screwed)


And if it's a small village that really can't pay for a Claymore and if a youma stuck around... He'd either end up eating everyone (even if he doesn't eat that much, a small village can't afford that kind of mortality rate), or, more realistically, the survivors would just run away and disperse before that happens. In both cases, the village would disappear and the youma would have to move on anyway - after raising a big stink, making it more likely that the neighbouring villages will be desperate enough to call a Claymore fast, no matter the cost.

i agree, though i would think that the villagers from a village infested by a demon would come under scrutiny from otrher villages because they may believe that the villagers themselves are demons. but yeah.



If I was a youma, I'd travel around, never staying long enough to eat more than two or three people. And if I saw a Claymore, I wouldn't try to fight her or to have one last meal - I'd just do my best to escape. They'd never catch me!


If i were a demon i would make sur ethat the village i assualt would have no chance in hell of getting a claymore period. I would use a fall guy and take the money so they cant pay for a claymore and thus they are screwed. If i ran into a claymore and i was just a regular demon, i would pray that its a lower digit cuz otherwise im screwed (especialy the singles, forget about it). In therms of overall ability they would surpass me so it would be pointless to run. I fi was an awakened being however, my chances would be better (just hope it isnt a bunch of single didgits or im a top tier awakened then its ok)
cajunman380 is offline  
Old 2007-04-08, 02:14   Link #71
ccardoso
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
I was thinking one thing: I noticed that the organization managers are all males who doesn't seem very human to me... what if they're all awakened ones that are fighting other youma/awakened ones who don't want to subdue to the organization? If that's true then there will be no "good side" or "bad side" anymore.
ccardoso is offline  
Old 2007-04-08, 05:02   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post
I
i have to disagree, or else why would demon hunting requests for a demon at a particular town came from another town?
Because they weren't aware they had a youma in their midst. It only ate from neighboring villages, not the one it lived in.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that there arent villages that simply cant afford it (but like you said its manga) or better yet, a village that failed to pay claymores in the past (in the manga its explicitly stted by teresa that if a village doesnt pay then the org wont bother with them anymore, in other words they are screwed)
Yeah, but I think those are rare and that, as I explained, no single village can support a youma.

Quote:

i agree, though i would think that the villagers from a village infested by a demon would come under scrutiny from otrher villages because they may believe that the villagers themselves are demons. but yeah.
Oh, they may be refused entry and die out in the wilderness. It hardly matters.

Quote:
If i were a demon i would make sur ethat the village i assualt would have no chance in hell of getting a claymore period. I would use a fall guy and take the money so they cant pay for a claymore and thus they are screwed.
And then they'd disappear. It's like overgrazing - not smart. Besides, there's no guarantee they can't work out a deal with neighboring villages for a loan.

Quote:
If i ran into a claymore and i was just a regular demon, i would pray that its a lower digit cuz otherwise im screwed (especialy the singles, forget about it). In therms of overall ability they would surpass me so it would be pointless to run.
Why? Even Clare said that if a Youma hid, it was difficult to find. If a demon runs away as soon as it hears about a Claymore being on its way, it should be safe. Even for a face to face meeting... It might have to be better than average at hiding its energy, but it sounds doable.

Quote:
I fi was an awakened being however, my chances would be better (just hope it isnt a bunch of single didgits or im a top tier awakened then its ok)
Meh. The point is to not fight them at all. Too much effort, too little meat.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-04-08, 16:25   Link #73
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Why? Even Clare said that if a Youma hid, it was difficult to find. If a demon runs away as soon as it hears about a Claymore being on its way, it should be safe. Even for a face to face meeting... It might have to be better than average at hiding its energy, but it sounds doable.

Ill concede to most of the other points except this one. Keep in mind who is saying this. Clare who at the time was ranked number 47 (the weakest). Furthermore we dont know how much experiece she has. COmpare her to someone like teresa or galatea for example (who has a long distance sesor range) and you will see a big difference. Regular demons are coannon fodder to them and i do beleve theyar enot hard to find but rather claymores dont bother seeking them out unles theres a job involved. But the point is not hiding, its when theres a face to face encounter. If your an average demon and you encounter someone say like ophelia (who had no toruble catching up to clare after clobbering an awakened one). WHat chances do you actually have of being able even to turn your back and run before you get disembowed, decapitated or what not. There is a reason theres a ranking system and unless your a demon gifted with godly speed your not gonna escape. (and i havent even mentioned other demons who would pissibley try to kill you for various reasons)
cajunman380 is offline  
Old 2007-04-08, 17:09   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Clare may be weak in terms of fighting power, but she is supposed to be good at sensing youma energy.

And I doubt they'll bother a single digit for a standard youma with a normal appetite. I'm not saying "run when the game's up and the Claymore already knows you're a youma". I'm saying "skip town when they start talking about hiring a Claymore". And if you meet one anyway, keep your cool, don't flex your muscles, and walk away discreetly.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-04-08, 17:41   Link #75
pushpaka
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Riful needs a new boy friend. That guy looks pitful.


This has been on my mind for a bit. Why is it that hybirds like the awaken ones are more powerful then regular demons? Where are the really powerful regular or is it they don't exist at all?



This is my guess and pure speculation. Hybrids probably are way, way more powerful than a pure-strain bar none. Even a weakling like Clare can steam-roller the Yoma. The reason I guess, would be because they're hybrid.

Why do Yoma eat human intestines? Why couldn't they just go eat chitlins from pigs or cows? For that matter, Yoma seem to eat alot more than the Claymores. A quick nibble on a lizard leg, was enough to fill Clare whereas Yomas just gobble down all the intestines they can get.

So maybe Claymore human parts act to supercharge their Yoma tissue above what the Yoma can do? The Awakened are probably so strong because they still have enough humanity in them and combine that with boosted Yoma powers.
pushpaka is offline  
Old 2007-04-08, 19:54   Link #76
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Clare may be weak in terms of fighting power, but she is supposed to be good at sensing youma energy.

You are correct. However at the time she made such a comment that ability of hers was not made known. Plus we discover from Mirias observation that the stronger the yoma power the easier it is for her(clare) to sense it. When she was dueling clare, she had trouble sensing mirias energy becuase she kept it surpressed. All im saying is that we cant take clares word at the time at 100 percent because there are some aspects of her that we didnt know yet and she didnt know as well. Heck she didnt even know about the offensive and defensive type claymores which is something i think every claymore should have at least known (information discrimination)


And I doubt they'll bother a single digit for a standard youma with a normal appetite. I'm not saying "run when the game's up and the Claymore already knows you're a youma". I'm saying "skip town when they start talking about hiring a Claymore". And if you meet one anyway, keep your cool, don't flex your muscles, and walk away discreetly.



incorrect. as Helen stated in the slashers arc, each claymore is assigned a different region of the ocntinent. SO if a demon falls in a certain claymores juresdiction then its that claymores job totake it out (unless its a special mission). We saw teresa (the number one claymore) deal with regular yoma probably because the requests fell into her district.

Also, Claymores are called in because they can identify a demon even when its disguised. If a demon tries to alk past a claymore then the claymore will know its a demon. Naturally there are tactics and the claymores rank comes into play, but if you run into a claymore then generally your screwed unless special circumstance comes into play.


This is my guess and pure speculation. Hybrids probably are way, way more powerful than a pure-strain bar none. Even a weakling like Clare can steam-roller the Yoma. The reason I guess, would be because they're hybrid.

I think it aslo has do do with how well human energy can synchronize with that of a demon. Also depends on the demon used

Why do Yoma eat human intestines? Why couldn't they just go eat chitlins from pigs or cows? For that matter, Yoma seem to eat alot more than the Claymores. A quick nibble on a lizard leg, was enough to fill Clare whereas Yomas just gobble down all the intestines they can get.

Actuallly no. I believe it was stated by clare that yoma tend to eat once every two weeks (there are exceptions of course). Its only the awakened ones that tend to eat more. (they ar emore pwerful). As for why human intestines, could be a preference, who knows? we wont know until we learn more about demon origins


So maybe Claymore human parts act to supercharge their Yoma tissue above what the Yoma can do? The Awakened are probably so strong because they still have enough humanity in them and combine that with boosted Yoma powers.

When one says a claymores awakened, it means that the human side is supposedly gone and the demon portion takes complete control.

cajunman380 is offline  
Old 2007-04-09, 11:18   Link #77
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post


When one says a claymores awakened, it means that the human side is supposedly gone and the demon portion takes complete control.

Looking at Easliy (sp?) Riful and some of the more powerful awakening ones. I would say it is more of a total merge of the human part of the mind with the demon part of the mind. Rather then a complete takeover of the demon mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
I was thinking one thing: I noticed that the organization managers are all males who doesn't seem very human to me... what if they're all awakened ones that are fighting other youma/awakened ones who don't want to subdue to the organization? If that's true then there will be no "good side" or "bad side" anymore.
I don't think that is very likely, as Galatea was in their presence before and considering how good she is at sense Yoma energy, i think she would have sense if the monks are awakening ones.

Edit: just thought of something, it is possible the monks are awakening ones if they are using those pills that suppress yoma powers. That would explain why galatea wouldn't be able to sense them but that still wouldn't explain thier motivation.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now  
Old 2007-04-09, 14:24   Link #78
ccardoso
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Edit: just thought of something, it is possible the monks are awakening ones if they are using those pills that suppress yoma powers. That would explain why galatea wouldn't be able to sense them but that still wouldn't explain thier motivation.
World domination, the crappiest one...
ccardoso is offline  
Old 2007-04-09, 17:18   Link #79
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iberian Peninsule...
Age: 25
I have to disagree.

The order does not seem interested in that since we all know how the payment works. Yomas are killed and someone after, comes to collect the money. Not abiding to these rules would make the town powerless and
Spoiler for 1:


I really doubt the order is after that, world domination is at their hands yet...They possess an grudge agains`t awakenings.

I don`t know how the order makes hybrids but I know they use different methods...
Spoiler for 1:


But as the manga progresses the order intentions and the whole deal of Awakened, which the order says you turn in to a mindless monster
Spoiler for 1:



Which brings us to the all questioning of what exactly the order fears about awakened. Reputation? Fear? Or something else?

Spoiler for 1:


So, my veredict about the order is simple....They experimented too much and they fear something worse than the awakened...either they plan to control it or destroy it I don`t know. But I really doubt those skinny men lack power, especially knowing they incite fear in the Claymores, which are more powerfull than they.
Defiled one is offline  
Old 2007-04-09, 17:53   Link #80
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
I have to disagree.

The order does not seem interested in that since we all know how the payment works. Yomas are killed and someone after, comes to collect the money. Not abiding to these rules would make the town powerless and
Spoiler:

As Theresa said, more Yomas would appear, in a larger number.
Theresas statement at that time was more of a bad joke if anything else. For me its wide open to interpretation, from the wade she made those comments and as the man pointed out, she seemed to imply that the order actually sent the demons to the town which would not be far off. I mean, where do these demons come from? where does the order ge tthe spare parts from? Plus i have to wonder what use the order would have for money of such extent (claymores obviously have very little if any use for it at all)

Quote:
I really doubt the order is after that, world domination is at their hands yet...They possess an grudge agains`t awakenings.
There isnt exactly much of a world to dominate from whatr weve have seen. Now there could be more unkown areas the author hasnt shown, but all it would take would be the 10 ten and bam. Im not even sure why the oder does what it does.


Quote:
I don`t know how the order makes hybrids but I know they use different methods...
Spoiler for 1:
Spoiler:
Th eexact process was never made clear although there seems to be implications that direct fusion or surgury is involved. Possibly sorcery? We wont know until the exact details are sorted out. AS for candidates, basically theyre people who are technically trash or have no place else to go or have been sold to them as gimmypigs. The only exception is clare. As for the laws, i agree that the order does give the claymores a sense of fear about becoming demons so they put these rules in place to ensure that doesnt happen. But as we have been seeing in th emanga, not all of what the order says or thinks is correct (claymores who have awakened and yet retain their human side?)



Quote:

But as the manga progresses the order intentions and the whole deal of Awakened, which the order says you turn in to a mindless monster
Spoiler for 1:
Spoiler:
Among many that we are beginning to see
Quote:
Which brings us to the all questioning of what exactly the order fears about awakened. Reputation? Fear? Or something else?
Possibly all, or that they just consider them an unecessary hassle. The priest guy basically said it. If theres a request for an awakened to be killed, then they send a team to deal with it, otherwise they dont bother. Its like a scientist who ikes to experiment but doesnt want to deal with the hassle of failed experiments bugging him.

Quote:
Spoiler for 1:
Clare may be the lowest of the rank but, even the order whispered there and there. Of how Clare process was different since she was fused with Theresa blood
Exactly, clare is different for many reasons, she joined of her own will and instead of being half demon, shes only 1/4 it. Having the flesh and blood of theresa, arguably the strongest claymore kown. I get the feeling the priest dude knows this for a fact and has been somewhat testing her on that.

Quote:
So, my veredict about the order is simple....They experimented too much and they fear something worse than the awakened...either they plan to control it or destroy it I don`t know. But I really doubt those skinny men lack power, especially knowing they incite fear in the Claymores, which are more powerfull than they.
Defiled one is offline Reply With Quote

You kno wwhat, why dont we see any claymore killing these guys. I mean galatea could have easily wiped them all out after hearing that she was gonna be replaced and that claymores were disposable pawns. I dont think they experimented to much but rather they didnt experiment enough. It definately has something to do with mirias knowlege anout the organizations secret and it may have to do with demon origins. Im itching to find out
cajunman380 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.