AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-23, 09:36   Link #161
flick
電脳コイル'd
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Actually that wasn't so much an analysis as it was a translation of what Riful told Clare.
Hehe, sorry I had only read up to 70 when I posted the reply. Now that I've read 71 I see what you mean Still ... very well put! thanks ^^
__________________
Back-on Online - Back-on Fansite
http://www.backon-online.com/


Dedicated Back-on Forums
http://www.backon-online.com/forums/
flick is offline  
Old 2007-04-23, 21:52   Link #162
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral100 View Post
To answer cajunman380:

Now I mostly agree with you here. It does seem a bit weird for Clare to have many years under her belt at the start of the series. However you can't deny the following facts (all can be proved):
The fact: At the time of Teresa's death - Clare looks about 10 years old
The fact: At the time of Teresa's death - Alicia and Beth - just born
The fact: At the time of Northern battle - Clare looks about 20 years old
The fact: At the time of Northern battle - Alicia and Beth - look about 20 years old.
How is that possible?
That's it. I'm going to point out those errornous summaries in this thread, since no one bothers to make the correction. First of all, read chapter 64. Raphalia goes to the town and overheard the organization adopted new born twin sisters. Afterward, she went back to the forest. She is followed by a ten years old Claymore trainee. That trainee is not Clare, repeat, not Clare. orz
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline  
Old 2007-04-23, 22:01   Link #163
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
That's it. I'm going to point out those errornous summaries in this thread, since no one bothers to make the correction. First of all, read chapter 64. Raphalia goes to the town and overheard the organization adopted new born twin sisters. Afterward, she went back to the forest. She is followed by a ten years old Claymore trainee. That trainee is not Clare, repeat, not Clare. orz
Hmm... but that's not what he said though. He said when Teresa died, which was clearly shown in the manga, Clare looked around 10.

But I do have a question. Where did it say that when Teresa died, Alicia and Beth were just born?
LCeh is offline  
Old 2007-04-23, 22:08   Link #164
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler:
cajunman380 is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 04:11   Link #165
dee32
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SC
I have a question maybe some one can answer? Is Clare still considered to be only 1/4 yoma instead of 1/2 yoma? I mean she was implanted with Theresa's flesh made her 1/4 yoma, but now she has Irene's right arm? So that the 1/4 from Teresa + Irene's arm = 1/2 yoma.


Also is it Irene or Ilena?

Last edited by dee32; 2007-04-24 at 04:14. Reason: mis spelling
dee32 is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 07:59   Link #166
liujeffqi
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
i will say Clare still 1/4 yoma because Irene's harm only effective itself which means Clare's rest body still 1/4 yoma, only her right arm is on a different level. which doesn't effect the agi of Clare and str that much. after all Clare's right arm(Irene's) only have 1/2 power compare when it is on Irene's body.
liujeffqi is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 13:01   Link #167
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: the Netherlands
minor spoiler : worried if our favourite claymores will survive

Hello all,

I guess you will all agree that unlike most action animes/manga currently existing. That the mortality rate in Claymore is quite high for both the major and minor characters in this series.

Unlike for for example bleach (I like watching this show, I am just taking it as benchmark) people don't drop down splattering blood everywhere after suffering a (near) mortal blow. And stand up a few minutes later uttering the words ' it was only a minor flesh wound' (ok they don't say this exactly lol).

In this series everyone is fair game and they can die quite quick and sometimes quite unexpected.

So who else is worried that some or possible most of our current favourite claymores
Spoiler:
will die before this series end?

I fear (I hope I am wrong) that in the near future the following favourites will die:

Spoiler:


Of course I could be entirely wrong, actually I hope I am. Instead of what I decribed it could also end that Clare finishes Pricilla and she Raki and all others will live long and happily after.

But somehow this kind of ending doesn't fit with the nature of this series.

So what do you guys foresee in the near future (post volume 12) ?

Happy times.. or not so happy times?

Last edited by dutchman; 2007-04-24 at 13:37.
dutchman is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 13:16   Link #168
liujeffqi
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Hello all,

I guess you will all agree that unlike most action animes/manga currently existing. That the mortality rate in Claymore is quite high for both the major and minor characters in this series.

Unlike for for example bleach (I like watching this show, I am just taking it as benchmark) people don't drop down splattering blood everywhere after suffering a (near) mortal blow. And stand up a few minutes later uttering the words ' it was only a minor flesh wound' (ok they don't say this exactly lol).

In this series everyone is fair game and they can die quite quick and sometimes quite unexpected.

So who else is worried that some or possible most of our current favourite claymores
Spoiler:
will die before this series end?

I fear (I hope I am wrong) that in the near future the following favourites will die:

Spoiler:


Of course I could be entirely wrong, actually I hope I am. Instead of what I decribed it could also end that Clare finishes Pricilla and she Raki and all others will live long and happily after.

But somehow this kind of ending doesn't fit with the nature of this series.

So what do you guys foresee in the near future (post volume 12) ?

Happy times.. or not so happy times?
hmm i think ur right about ppl dying at this manga i won't be surprise even Clare and Raki die in the end. after all this manga is covering a dark story line. second u felt things getting better it only getting worst than before. there is no break (well a little break here and there) between the dangers in their journey. so i think the chance having a happy ending is very tiny....
liujeffqi is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 15:22   Link #169
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iberian Peninsule...
Age: 25
My personnel end

Spoiler for 1:
Defiled one is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 17:27   Link #170
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
My personnel end

Spoiler for 1:

I think the more likely ending will have Clare giving the black card to Raki to cut her head off. I really don't see Clare surviving pass the ending.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 17:40   Link #171
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
to dutchman

Im not going to speculate the ending because for all we know the ending could be something different. One of the reasons why i got into this story because it reminded me of berserk (which is a darker bloodier version of claymore) but it also has a medievel setting. One of the primary things that makes me enjoy berserk is the constant evolution of characters and conceopts. At first you could say that it was dark and even now it still is, but it also has its moments of humor and there is slowly tht sense of hope that shows up> In claymore its the same. The first chapters and the black card were to show a claymores old fate and how they were treated for centuries and we were lead to believe that clare would meet the same end. what happened...raki. because of him he gave clare a second chance and he became something clar enever dreamed of having. a companion to care for and who wasnt afraid of her. We have seen claymores disrespect an dbe competetive. especially helen and deneve and what have we seen. Evolution. Helen who once looked down on clare becomes a companion to her. Clare who was once a loner is now surrounded by people who joined up with her of their own free will. Nout out of obligation, but choice. Im not going to speculate on the ending but if clare does indeed die, it will probably be in a heroic fashion, contrasting the regular fate of claymores and pissibly breaking the cycle. There is still much of the story to be told.

As for your fears of the fab 4 getting axed. I wouldnt worry. Hell look at konjiki no gash bell. You have a plethora of characters who have gotten off in the past 200 chapters yet there remains a constant group that stays alive and will do so till the end. Besides lets face it. All the characters who have died have either served one stationary purpose, had an ambiguous debatable death, was just nameless cannon fodder or was there to serve a single purpose. ANd theres the flashback deaths plus demons.This is not just clares story of revenge but it is also a story of reganing humanity, of breaking the norms and cycles that have been in place and thats why im liking it. Those four are there to stay and if the author wanted them axed earlier, it would have been done. But they are under clares protection and we know what happenes when clares peeps are in danger (mr lion man i love you and hate you but yous till got royally owned for messing with the peeps)

plus....... we have a whole new generation of claymores to be offed plus the org guys who undoubtadly have had it coming for ages. i cant wait .......oh plus nameless humans
cajunman380 is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 18:33   Link #172
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
I've always felt that the manga is heading towards a bittersweet ending. Clare's only reason for living before meeting Raki was to get revenge for Teresa, and while I know that being with Raki has changed her, I don't think she has changed enough. She gave up her humanity to become capable of getting that revenge and that is still her overriding goal. The Clare/Raki dynamic has always seemed to be Teresa/Clare version 2 to me. So I think Clare will die along with Priscilla. That leaves Raki alive to be the sole proof of Clare's existence in the same way that Clare was to Teresa. I see the last panel of the manga os one showing Teresa and Clare overlaid onto the statue of the twins with Raki in the foreground.

Remember that the goal of Clare and the others is not to kill Claymores, but to get revenge on the bosses for what they have done. Unless the warriors leave them no choice, they won't kill them. I have a feeling that the organization will survive as a whole, but the order givers will be purged.


On the anime, all I have to say is Next time, Bishou no Teresa! Although I'm not particularly looking forward to Romu Paku doing her voice. I always imagined Teresa with a strong, but still pretty feminine voice.
ickem is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 18:58   Link #173
Astral100
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
To answer GundamZZ:

Quote:
That's it. I'm going to point out those errornous summaries in this thread, since no one bothers to make the correction. First of all, read chapter 64. Raphalia goes to the town and overheard the organization adopted new born twin sisters. Afterward, she went back to the forest. She is followed by a ten years old Claymore trainee. That trainee is not Clare, repeat, not Clare. orz
Damn, you are right! How could I confuse them? Alicia and Beth were born at the time of Lucetia's death, not Teresa's. Teresa was a small girl at the time. While precise timeline is still not available, at least now it is obvious how Alicia and Beth could look the same age as Clare. And yeah, that means that there is no way that Clare has many more years of experience than Alicia/Beth. Now it makes sense that by the start of the story she has just a year or two under her belt. Thank you for pointing this out. I stand corrected.


To answer cajunman380:

Quote:
I can answer this... there is no evidenc ethat has been shown that it is harder to raise a high ranled claymore. How many single digits have the orginization mad eup to this point? lots. The claymores are ranked according to yoma power and proficency in its use. Thats why priscilla was no 2. cuz she had a lot of yoma power to throw around and the proficency to use it. Irence had the quicksword but she had a shitload of yoma power at her disposal. Hell we see this fact again and again. its the organizations way of thinking which is being phased out by our heroes. as for the northern campaign. Lets see..

Alicia/Beth.... they wer ethe REASON why the claymores were there in the fist place. They were there to stall the demons till these two were ready.

Galatea.... yeah shes strong but at the moment she was the orgs eye and we all know they hate being blind. (though she was gonna be replaced) besides if she was there she would be dead so noooo.........

Ophellia.... Psycho bitch... yeah smart put someone who will only giv ethe group a sligtly better chance and who has a tendency to attack her comrades...smart. oh plus shes dead (after she awoke)

Raphaela..... Plausible, but then she wouldnt exactly help. most claymores are wary of her, clare in particular, plus she had her own agenda, and plus she is suited for covert op missions.

I honestly think that Miria was the best choice there. given what they had to work with she really was able ot make the most of it and i honesly think rubel had clare sent there becaus ehe may have suspected that she could pull something (she did and took out a no 2 claymore from easlys era) incidentally rubel is somewhat respnsible for the groups current survival ironically.
Good point. I didn't think of it this way. But now that you mention it, indeed the reason 5 and ups were not sent is not because of their value, but more because of the circumstances. It could very well be like that. Although I personally don't believe Rubel sent Claire there with some kind of backthought. She was just one more of the rebellious claymores that organization could do without. That's why he said they would forgive all her sins if she completes this mission. As there was zero possibility.

Quote:
I hope not in this way. I would hate priscilla even more and it would completely stain rakis character. I mean clare told him that she would search for him and he ups and goes to bed with the demon she wants dead the most. That would be fucked up big time!!!!!
Yeah, that certainly would suck. However one of the best points of this manga is that we can't predict how it is going to turn out. Personally I think it could go into the direction of forgiveness. IMO Raki is there to spare Priscilla from death by Clare's hand. Actually the fact that Raki is with Priscilla now could lead to the endless interesting possibilities. Can't wait to see what's going to happen ^^

Quote:
That depends on the tactics used. Thats why thresa was so deadly she could surpress her youki which enabled her to sense the youki of others and thus predict their movements. Plus theres the notion of surprise attacks that have been shown. In the seven year skip the three demons were axed instantly yet they didnt know wtf happened. and ritfuls little tactic against the no 3 and 5 claymores. sometimes surpressing your youki has its advantages. it just depend son the sensing abilities of the enemy. The fact that they are able to mask themselves to the point of non detection even by the org is a feat that few have been able to do (namely top ranked)
Indeed it does depend on the tactics. Certainly as a surprise attack yoki suppresion is as good as it gets. And for lower class awakened beings and claymores this will work wery well. However what I meant was the strength of the actual combat where sudden surprises like that are not possible. The main reason why they went into stealth mode was not to strengthen themselves but to hide from the eyes of organization.

Quote:
not stronger. we dont know the differenc ein power and she probably worked on this move as a memento to flora and the fact that she doesnt have to use yoma power which would alert unwanted parties (Irenes mistake). Did you see how she parrie dmillias attacks. Heck back when they met she barely held up to her and now she fights woth her on even ground. plus clar enow had two sword techniques in her arsenal (and who knows what else). Until we se eher in a fight we wont know. all we know is that she cant fight TOP claymores and the big boys (easly, priscilla, Ritful) and that says a lot about how far shes come.
About Miria fighting on equal grounds with Clare - it is not surprising. Before the training they were on a completely different level. Remember, if not for Irene's hand Clare would still be in the lower forties (ok maybe thirties) in comparision with number 6 Miria (as they both half awakened, the fact that Clare became as storng as a single digit doesn't count here because Miria also was affected by this).
However since they both had to start from zero after suppressing their yoki, and spent the same amount of time training it is only to be expected that they now are about equal in terms of strengths. Where Clare has grown a lot stronger by herself (mostly compensating for Irenes hand) Miria in comparision didn't grow that much. But yeah, I agree that we have to see them in a real fight before we can understand how strong they really are. At the moment all of that is just speculation.

To answer dee32:

Quote:
I have a question maybe some one can answer? Is Clare still considered to be only 1/4 yoma instead of 1/2 yoma? I mean she was implanted with Theresa's flesh made her 1/4 yoma, but now she has Irene's right arm? So that the 1/4 from Teresa + Irene's arm = 1/2 yoma.
Considering that the weght of the hand is about 1/50 of the weight of the body (taken from the head) if we calculate the body as: 49/50 as 1/4 yoma and 1/50 as 1/2 yoma, then Claire now is about 0.255 part yoma. Or if you like it more 51/200 yoma ^_^

To answer dutchman:

I don't think author is going to kill off any of the main characters anytime soon. Maybe at the very end, but I doubt it. Because that would be cliche ^^
As for the foreseeing - I don't want to do that, because that would be overhyping yourself for nothing. I am completely satisfied with how mangaka handles things so I don't see the need to speculate on the future events. IMO.

Oh and by the way, one of my favourite moments in the recent chapters for me was when number 3 was "put to sleep" because this way "it is faster to deal with them". You just gotta love the previous number 15 treating current number 3 this way ^_^

EDIT: Just read the cajunman380's comment 2 posts back, and I have to say I completely agree with that. I couldn't have said it better. Oh and ickem? Your thoughts have a merit but I hope you are wrong. Nothing personal ^^ I like good things, ending included.

Last edited by Astral100; 2007-04-24 at 19:16.
Astral100 is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 21:13   Link #174
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Clare kills Pris
Raki gobbles up Pris becomes an awaken and kills Clare
Claris gobbles ups Clare, becomes her successor and hunts for Raki
Key Board is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 21:58   Link #175
liujeffqi
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
errr Raki can't awaken... since he is human as far as we know i don't think he have any chance to become a male Claymore...
liujeffqi is offline  
Old 2007-04-24, 22:12   Link #176
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
That's why I propose he put Priscilla's remains in him for REVENGE!!!

all he needs is someone to approach him with the offer. any faction would do
Key Board is offline  
Old 2007-04-25, 05:49   Link #177
liujeffqi
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
i don't think any one will approach to raki at all with that kind offer i mean.
1st of all organization doesn't want male claymore
2nd no one else except organization knows how to combine yoma with human. if any other ppl know such as Riful, then Riful won't try so hard look for clamore to awaken them, they could just simply grab some human and make them claymore type and let them awaken to gain pawns.

so Raki have no possible way to become one unless the author somehow come out a way of doing it
liujeffqi is offline  
Old 2007-04-25, 11:45   Link #178
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Talking about combine human body with yoma flesh and blood. I suspect where did organization take them from? I means from chapter1 to 71 we didn't even see any pure yoma which we could call it powerful yet. Yoma in Rabona may looked strong but not quite. I wonder the organization just catch those ordinary yoma and make Claymore from them . If so then how could they do it? Because even ordinary yoma is strong and sly enough to not be catched by human easily. Also their speed is incredible faster than human. Or else the organization may just collect yoma corpse just like little Clare did. But I still can't believe that an amazing Claymore just like Teresa was made from those ordinary yoma which she could chop them as if they were nothing. I think the organization may breed yoma itself. This will also support what Teresa had said in the past too. And what will happen to those who receives flesh and blood from the Awakened? May be the dead of Lucera is not meaningless. Her corpse could be useful for the organization. She is one of Lord of Abyss after all.
__________________
zato_1one is offline  
Old 2007-04-25, 15:16   Link #179
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iberian Peninsule...
Age: 25
It has been speculated that Youmas have "urges" human urges besides eating, So they can easily get one. Remember that Claymores are artificial halfbreeds, which doesn`t mean that halfbreeds, real ones, dont exist.

Of course Im speculating.
Defiled one is offline  
Old 2007-04-25, 15:37   Link #180
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I have a question about something from previous chapters:

I remember it was explained somewhere why the male hybrids awakened a lot faster than the females, and I remember the explanation had something to do with
Spoiler:
What exactly was the reason?
LCeh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.