AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-03-15, 13:41   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy
What surprises me about Japanese voice actors in general - and the cast members here are certainly no exception - is how many of them can sing at least passably well. And some of them are quite good. Compare that to, for example, the albums that William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy put out in the 60s...
Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari are two of the most successful seiyuu singers. Although I like Orikasa Fumiko better, of the ones I've heard. Chiba Saeko is good, too, I think.

I noticed that Chihara Minori, who plays Erika in Lemon Angel Project, majored at her seiyuu college in a course called something like "Singing Star." I think the seiyuu schools all teach some singing, probably since it's so hard to make a living from voice work alone.

I'm enjoying Lemon Angel Project, which is about the formation of an idol group, and eps 6 on give each of the six main seiyuu a chance to sing lead on the OP. There's even a flash file around that lets you play the OP and choose who is singing lead. The comparisons are interesting.

William Shatner's album will live forever -- in infamy.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 03:13   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In American comparison for singing skill as well as voice ability, only the cast of Animaniacs come to mind:
Jesse Harnell (Wakko), Rob Paulsen (Yakko), Tress MacNeille(Dot) -- whom all could sing in voice as well as normally.

I could mention Julie Brown (Minerva Mink) and Bernadette Peters (Rita the Cat) but I believe they've done a little work prior to voice acting

I find it kind of interesting that the seiyuu have *schools* to pump these little jewels out (makes me wonder how many get their pockets picked and then dumped out on the street ala many "business schools" that fleece people).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote