AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-08, 20:13   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Thx Knightmare.

Man this writer's block is killing me. it's gonna take me a bit to get this fanfic going when I can't even think of names for three of the main suits. But I will get it done!
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 09:43   Link #22
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
In ten years, sorry, but even then, I find it quite difficult to out-god Freedom and Justice and Destiny. HOW, might I ask? You realize that out of all of the new American fighter jet technology, the numbers of "grunts" lost is next to nothing? Perhaps an F-16 or two to ground fire in the gulf war (not one has been shot down in air to air combat if I'm correct...not one in 30 years), an F-117 to stray fire over Kosovo, but you have to keep in mind that the only thing that can beat a gundam in the CE universe is...another gundam. Especially if it's terrorist attacks. The only reason that guerilla warfare happens today is that no military whatsoever can hope to stand against the USA+friends' combined forces. None. Add in gundams to the equation and...ouch.

I'm also not exactly up with following this guerilla warfare tactics stuff unless they have colloids. In which case, if they don't, someone else uses the colloid (can you say install on SF?) and follows said terrorists and smashes said stronghold.

Destiny DOES have a nuclear reactor, except it also has that hyper deuterium capacitor which it needs to power its WoL that was only shown once simply to plot-device Shinn off battle at which point I went .

It might take 10 years to come out with new suits, but I think that SF/IJ/Destiny would STILL be able to EASILY put them down. MSes cost LOTS of money. LOTS. Original justice was lost on a self detonation, and Freedom to an antimatter cannon (no, it was NOT shattered by that measely Shinn-stab(TM)--which is why Talia nearly TK'ed Shinn as well.). SF and IJ are gods among suits that have almost no weakness whatsoever (Freedom's lack of a huge buster rifle, Justice's lack of heavy ranged assault mechanisms), but those could come with a simple upgrade.

Originality in fanfiction? When you have an entire WORLD already BUILT for you, please tell me you can do something with that. You have developed characters, pairings waiting to happen, children waiting to be born, side-stories not uncovered...come ON. It is a lot EASIER with fanfiction due to having everything at your fingertips. So if you're going to write fanfiction, at least get it RIGHT. Super duper MSes don't come out of thin air. If you have MSes that roll out by the dozen that can spam himats or have insane maneuverability (read: surpass IJ and SF!!!!!!), all this in lieu of a SHATTERED EA, I am REALLY going to have to say BULL and tell you to pick up the cards.

Look at Osama today. Does he have stealth fighters? Nope. Or hey, how about the Desert Dawn? There's some terrorism for you! Selective, by all means, just like "terrorism" was before it got its filthy reputation from Mr. Bin Laden, but nevertheless using guerilla and underhanded tactics to take down a much larger enemy.

That said, if you're going terrorist-busting, if SF and IJ or Destiny were to ever FIND such happenstances of terrorist attacks (Destiny ESPECIALLY), expect the terrorists to be swiftly put down.

If you have superior technology, what's the need for terrorism and guerilla tactics? SF can destroy an entire city if Kira wanted to with it....
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 09:49   Link #23
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@ Nightmare: I say novel writing works like hypnotism...if you don't want to read it, you won't be entertained by it at all. Sort of if I'd pick up a romance novel and say "okay, there's no action, it's boring...who cares about the protagonist's emotions," etc... though that's perhaps a bad analogy. Yes, in three chapters, there isn't too much I can tell in terms of the story or otherwise run the risk of an infodump.

And Shinji, if you're not in college yet, just wait till you get there. If you think WB is bad now, wait till all of the studying for exams is put on your shoulders. I have four next week! (Economics=>PHYSICS 21 (Electricity!!!)=>Probability/Statistics=>MATH 205 (Linear methods).

I myself should finish chapter 4 and get started on chapter 5. Yes, there's the possibility of pairing up two hot babes or more (read: don't forget about Svyeta!), but f I'd dump an entire world on you instantly, you'd get bogged down. You're probably taking your stories for granted because they come in the form of 20 minute anime episodes, and a picture is worth 1000 words since one picture would save pages of description.

Oh, and I do buy original books...well...magic: the gathering ones. They're the actual storyline for the card game--NOT vice versa!
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 10:14   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Demongod86:

Well sorry, but since I'm not a fan of the god-moding, I really don't care what fanboys like yourself think about the god-moding. So in my fanfic, they're no longer goded. Live with it.

Except Colloids are still against the treaty, and since neither ZAFT or EA are trying to start a war, they're not ising them. And when did I say Eternity doesn't use Colloids? There are some big assumptions here...

That sounds kinda stupid that it runs on nuke power but it's WoL doesn't, don't you think? That just makes no sense at all...

*sigh* You and you're god-ing. The laws of common sense take presidence in my fanfic. If you don't like that...well, then you've got problems if you don't like common sense. >.>

Uh, yes originality in a fanfiction. And you're the last person I want to hear this from...

Why should I care if Osama has fighters or not?

And uhh, who said S-F and I-J still exist? And, as said, the're outdated. :P
Outdated, little Demon. Live with it.

Demon, if you don't like a fanfic, don't read it and stop posting continuous comment on it.

Demon, after all the bad assumptions you're making already, don't you even try to assume I'm not in college. Why? Because I am in college.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 16:20   Link #25
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm not posting continuous comment on it. I'm posting discrete comment on it. Tsk tsk...at least get your math right

How can a terrorist organization have advanced fighters? What would outdate SF and IJ? If common sense takes precedence, then common sense dictates that top of the line MSes way ahead of their time don't get phased out in 10 years.

Either take all of the anime, with its godmoding pilots, or take realism, with the fact that nations don't have zillions of dollars to develop MSes, especially not terrorist organizations that can outdate SF and IJ. Do you see Osama outdating the F/A-22 Raptor or F-35 Joint Strike Fighter? Nope. What makes them terrorists is using underhanded tactics with dated technology to strike quickly and run like little sissies. Once they're using state-of-the-line MSes, it sorta gets people going .

Realism--or anime. Can't touch your back and face with the same hand.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 16:53   Link #26
Headspace
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Milwaukee, wis
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
the only thing that can beat a gundam in the CE universe is...another gundam.
Not ture. Sting being shot down over berlin proves that. Also Freedom and Justice may be very powerful but far from unstopable
Headspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 17:02   Link #27
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Indeed, Neo's Windam did fairly well against Freedom to the point that he ended up getting beaten due to some stupid plot device.

I can see in my head how the decision for that sequence went...

"We need to get the original cast together, but how?"
"Let's have Neo beat on Freedom, pushing him to the limit like the druggies of the previous season."
"Then what?"
"Then Kira will turn around and disable him like it was nothing so that the Captain can frivolously leave her vessel in the midst of combat for the dramatic reunion."
"Perfect!"
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 19:39   Link #28
Knightmare213
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@Demongod86: Alright. You got me there, Demongod. Even though I don't think that your novel is not that interesting, it's still too early for me to decide that your entire novel is bad. I've only read three chapters and I jumped to conclusions, and I'm sorry for that.

Also, after reading yours and Shinji103's posts, I'm gonna have to switch sides for now.



What Demongod pointed out is true and using his metaphorical quotations, you can't touch your back and your face with the same hand. I like this story to be realistic as possible. However, thinking about how a large group of terrorists were hidden from the rest of the society.

And they are very organized and big?

I'm sorry, but that's the thing that makes it unreal.

So you have three factions in the CE: Orb, Neo-Earth Alliance (or whatever they are called here), and ZAFT. All of them must have a reasonable amount of armed forces and perhaps like every other forces, they must have a very good intelligence department.

Yeah, I understand that Orb may have made the two other factions trust each other but look what happened in DESTINY. Because the two sides were made to trust each other, they may have not had a very good or very well-funded intel department because they 'trust' each other.

I suppose after the Second War, it would only be realistic for all sides to have a very good intel, which they would figure out everything that's going around the world and in space.

And with this intel strength, Eternity is bound to be found as a threat to peace achieved long time ago. Therefore, there would be news flashes and army mobilizations to destroy the Eternity before they even try to do anything, either diplomatically or violently.

Besides, I think it's plausible to say that all three sides would like to follow this quote, "Peace, by any means necessary."

So in a nutshell, in a realistic way, the three factions have an intel department that are very experienced and are trying to keep an eye on everything so ensure that no one is trying to stab each other in the back. If they have an intel like that, and are trying to know everything that's going on, the Eternity may stick out like a sore thumb. If it is discovered as a threat because they are well armed, they, meaning the three factions, would want the terrorists to go away because they may be up to something.

If this didn't make sense, just say so. Because I'm things out of my mouth (literally out of my mouth for now), and I would love to explain better, if necessary.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 20:08   Link #29
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@ knightmare: IMHO, I really find that part of making a book good is that if readers EXPECT to be taken on an adventure, they'll be taken on that adventure. If they're going to constantly try and look for the bad, they won't enjoy it...ever. This is part of the reason that books assigned in English class really SUCK, because we were FORCED to read them, so had a negative outlook on them from the getgo. I have to get chapter 4 together and get started on five, but I have exams starting tomorrow and so much shit to study for .
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 20:19   Link #30
Knightmare213
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
@ knightmare: IMHO, I really find that part of making a book good is that if readers EXPECT to be taken on an adventure, they'll be taken on that adventure. If they're going to constantly try and look for the bad, they won't enjoy it...ever. This is part of the reason that books assigned in English class really SUCK, because we were FORCED to read them, so had a negative outlook on them from the getgo. I have to get chapter 4 together and get started on five, but I have exams starting tomorrow and so much shit to study for .
Yeah, sure. I'd like to read chapters 4 and 5 if I can. I'll probably judge on the book after the tenth chapter and may say that its boring or not or say something like, "make it into a flim script-style and send it to the movie studio companies!"

And don't be so surprised if I DO say that it's boring. Haven't I told you that I'm not a big fan of fantasy-genre?

Also, good luck on your exams!
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 22:40   Link #31
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thx a lot...ehhh...there's no difference between fantasy and scifi other than magic vs. nanotech, sword/bow vs. blaster, big castle vs. big city...the lines blur far more if people can do it better than that.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 00:20   Link #32
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Demon: Okay, once again, we have assumptions. Who said that Eternity is your average terrorist group? Who said that it was an actual terrorist group at all? I said they were making terrorist attacks, that doesn't mean they're nothing more than terrorists.

Actually I'll take both realism and anime, since Gundam X, CCA, Zeta Gundam, and just about most Gundam series pull it off quite nicely. (Psycho Frame, Biosensor, DOME's images in the final episode, etc. ) And god-moding has been booted out into the street.


Knightmare: I seem to recall that a bandof renegade Zeon escaped to the Asteroid Belt in UC and put together a very large military force by themselves, almost completely away from tthe eyes of the Federation. Not to mention Char's Neo Zeon in CCA. They didn't even head to another area of space to put together their military force without the Federation knowing until it was too late. And why are you assuming that there aren't spies for Eternity working in ZAFT, Orb, and the EA feeding false info? Maybe these "very good intel groups" are filled with Eternity supporters? White Fang spies in the OZ forces, anybody?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 00:56   Link #33
shaolo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Demon: Okay, once again, we have assumptions. Who said that Eternity is your average terrorist group? Who said that it was an actual terrorist group at all? I said they were making terrorist attacks, that doesn't mean they're nothing more than terrorists.

Actually I'll take both realism and anime, since Gundam X, CCA, Zeta Gundam, and just about most Gundam series pull it off quite nicely. (Psycho Frame, Biosensor, DOME's images in the final episode, etc. ) And god-moding has been booted out into the street.


Knightmare: I seem to recall that a bandof renegade Zeon escaped to the Asteroid Belt in UC and put together a very large military force by themselves, almost completely away from tthe eyes of the Federation. Not to mention Char's Neo Zeon in CCA. They didn't even head to another area of space to put together their military force without the Federation knowing until it was too late. And why are you assuming that there aren't spies for Eternity working in ZAFT, Orb, and the EA feeding false info? Maybe these "very good intel groups" are filled with Eternity supporters? White Fang spies in the OZ forces, anybody?
While I agree with most of what you say, the only problem is the terrorist attack thing unless you are trying to have the other three fraction believe that the Eternity group are a terrorist but in reality are a military group.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 02:56   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolo
While I agree with most of what you say, the only problem is the terrorist attack thing unless you are trying to have the other three fraction believe that the Eternity group are a terrorist but in reality are a military group.
That is pretty much what's going on, basically. Eternity claims that the EA and PLANT can't be trusted to lead the world, so to make their point, they launch simple terrorist attacks to make the EA and ZAFT start to go at each other's throats. This makes it look like Eternity is just a group of terrorists when they are actually a military force slowly built up over the past decade.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 03:23   Link #35
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Finally got around to reading it, great start, I enjoyed it. I hope you'll get over your roadblock soon, can't wait for the next installment (you will post it here, right?).

One question though, when you say that Kira takes his new Freedom in hand, do you a mean a new ms? If so, why not keep his old one? Or is this just a scaled-back version?
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 10:30   Link #36
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Except what military group worth its salt launches terrorist attacks when it can do more? The reason terrorists terrorize rather than militarily attack is that they're too weak to do otherwise.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 11:40   Link #37
Illuyankas
I need another drink.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Beer. Boobs. Wait... boobs again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Except what military group worth its salt launches terrorist attacks when it can do more? The reason terrorists terrorize rather than militarily attack is that they're too weak to do otherwise.
To help create the right tension-ridden atmosphere to help a military attack - I mean, why just attack a extremely large, very efficent force all at once when you can whittle it down, spread them out to cover supply bases, cut their morale down, and just generally weaken them WITHOUT them targeting you, before blasting them to hell and taking over the world then? If you've got the time, or you need to buy some, it's far easier for the fake terrorist route if your opponents are as powerful as Orb, ZAFT and (maybe) the EA. Granted, this leaves surprise attacks in the cold, but if you can surprise attack all forces against you, then it would just be easier to attack full on. But I don't think this group are that powerful yet. Yet.
__________________
"Now, I like animals as much as the next guy, but if I'm hungry, I'll eat a panda sandwich."
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 11:49   Link #38
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Finally got around to reading it, great start, I enjoyed it. I hope you'll get over your roadblock soon, can't wait for the next installment (you will post it here, right?).

One question though, when you say that Kira takes his new Freedom in hand, do you a mean a new ms? If so, why not keep his old one? Or is this just a scaled-back version?
I might be blind but where did you find the fanfic to read, I canīt find it... I want to read too!!!!
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 14:06   Link #39
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
I might be blind but where did you find the fanfic to read, I canīt find it... I want to read too!!!!
Oh, I was talking about Shinji's ideas, not the fanfic itself.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 15:31   Link #40
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Except what military group worth its salt launches terrorist attacks when it can do more?
Everyone.

Quote:
The reason terrorists terrorize rather than militarily attack is that they're too weak to do otherwise.
Gorilla and urban warfare is infinitely more effective than just throwing massive numbers of troops at the enemy (the US army can attest to this from Vietnam, Afganistan and Iraq).

Small units like terrorist cells are more difficult to track and detect due to their small resource footprint. Half a dozen men can cripple entire armies, block supply lines and ruin morale on countless levels, destroying a fighting force's effectiveness.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.