AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2006-02-14, 15:32   Link #41
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Last Hope: Lol, yeah, I haven't made an actual fanfic of this, yet. First I need to get over this writer's block. >.> Then I'm going to make a summary of the series to outline where I'm going, then I'll post that. Then I might start making full episodes, but at the moment I don't have that much time.

Demogod86: What Illuyankas and Mr. Paper said. Eternity throws PLANT and the EA off their footing, then launches a massive attack while the EA and ZAFT's ability to launch a proper counterattack is minimized. And since the EA and ZAFT don't know that Eternity is more than just some small terrorist group gives Eternity another big advantage, since the EA and PLANT won't expect a massive attack.

Monstert: By new Freedom, I mean a new MS. The S-F is 10 years old, and while nuclear engines haven't been improved by an incredible amount, the actual mechanics and technology in the S-F are outdated in comparison to the modern mass-produced MS, since I'm going for the non-goded MS effect, lol. So while the S-F will have longer operation time and higher power output, its mechanics will limit it in the face of enemy MS with faster reaction time. I went said a basic version of that in my debate with Demongod, but I can understand you wanting to avoid those posts or just not paying attention to them, lol. And especially against Colly's Gundam, going out in a 10-year-old Gundam is not a good idea.

And yes, Colly's suit is a Gundam. I may not have been clear about that, because 1) I haven't been able to come up with a name for her Gundam yet, and 2) if I just put plain "Gundam" in the name slot for the time being, people would be yelling "You're ripping off the original Gundam!" Some of you may have realized that Colly's suit is going to be a Gundam since I said it's going to be designed based on the Freedom's look, and some of you may have not.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-02-14 at 15:51.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 15:53   Link #42
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Indeed, Neo's Windam did fairly well against Freedom to the point that he ended up getting beaten due to some stupid plot device.

I can see in my head how the decision for that sequence went...

"We need to get the original cast together, but how?"
"Let's have Neo beat on Freedom, pushing him to the limit like the druggies of the previous season."
"Then what?"
"Then Kira will turn around and disable him like it was nothing so that the Captain can frivolously leave her vessel in the midst of combat for the dramatic reunion."
"Perfect!"
how is that plot divice? when neo was in a Grunt suit and kira was in Freedom a Gundam not a mass produce suit? did shinn also have a plot device in the early Episodes when he almost took out neo in his windam with out trouble? the time when he took 30 windams all by himself and almost finish Neo windam that made neo retreat i see more neo windam kunai destroying freedom shield like a plot dive

if fight between grunts and Gundams were even in power i would had expect amuro to lose in his nu-gundam Rofl

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-02-14 at 16:19.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 15:58   Link #43
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
how is that plot divice?
Neo has great piloting skills and does well against the Freedom until the staff decides to have him get pwned so he can be reunited with Murrue.
Old 2006-02-14, 16:01   Link #44
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Neo has great piloting skills and does well against the Freedom until the staff decides to have him get pwned so he can be reunited with Murrue.
Wow.. did you read my post ? shinn almost finish off neo in the early Eps and he didnt just take on neo but on 30 windams
if we gonna poit out that only plot divices are made to support the old cast thats just being unfair.. kira had only to worry about Neo not more than one unlike shinn.. i have nothing else to say as this have nothing to do with your threat..

and if it was really a plot device to support the old cast MS should really be Equip with lots of kunai's as they make more damage rofl than beam weapons XD in my opinion .. wonder why neo didnt try to throw his kunai at impulse -_-""

edit---

Quote:
First, its not a kunai but a '"Stiletto" rocket-propelled anti-armor penetrator' that is designed to do exactly what it did, break shields. It's been standard equipment on EA mobile suits since the second generation Daggers so I hardly consider that a plot device.
i see .. i didnt know that ..
i call it a kunai cause it looks like one lol

i will look into the Ep wich i'm talking about "shinn vs neo"

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-02-14 at 16:50.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 16:15   Link #45
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
Wow.. did you read my post ? shinn almost finish off neo in the early Eps and he didnt just take on neo but on 30 windams
if we gonna poit out that only plot divices are made to support the old cast thats just being unfair.. kira had only to worry about Neo not more than one unlike shinn.. i have nothing else to say as this have nothing to do with your threat..
Yes I read it, and Shinn was rapidly growing in skill when he fought Neo the second time. And I'd hardly call it "almost taking him down." Shinn did much better than when he fought Neo the first time, but he wasn't about to "take him down," but he was certainly holding his own. And you apparently don't see that all grunt suits get the plot-device treatment in the face of any and all main ace/skilled pilots, which includes Kira and Athrun, not just Shinn. One of the few exceptions was when the MP Murasames took down Sting, but I wouldn't necessarily label him as a main ace.

And you're kinda getting a bit off topic there bringing in the "GSD plot devices favor the old cast" debate into this thread...that would belong in the "Why did GSD fail" thread...
Old 2006-02-14, 16:40   Link #46
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

First, its not a kunai but a '"Stiletto" rocket-propelled anti-armor penetrator' that is designed to do exactly what it did, break shields. It's been standard equipment on EA mobile suits since the second generation Daggers so I hardly consider that a plot device.

Now, I only recall Neo and Shinn directly fighting in one battle. In that battle Shinn didn't manage to land a hit on him (Shinn on Neo) and got led like a little fool into a trap. What was the other battle where Shinn faces Neo in a Windam?

Anyway, back on topic. >.>;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 17:24   Link #47
monster

Quote:
Monstert: By new Freedom, I mean a new MS. The S-F is 10 years old, and while nuclear engines haven't been improved by an incredible amount, the actual mechanics and technology in the S-F are outdated in comparison to the modern mass-produced MS, since I'm going for the non-goded MS effect, lol. So while the S-F will have longer operation time and higher power output, its mechanics will limit it in the face of enemy MS with faster reaction time. I went said a basic version of that in my debate with Demongod, but I can understand you wanting to avoid those posts or just not paying attention to them, lol. And especially against Colly's Gundam, going out in a 10-year-old Gundam is not a good idea.
Yeah, I don't usually read "long" debates unless something catches my attention.

So, kind of like a Rick Freedom vs Freedom Kai, eh? interesting.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 21:25   Link #48
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
So, kind of like a Rick Freedom vs Freedom Kai, eh? interesting.
Yeah something like that, lol. Except I intend to think up more original names. Although If I can think of something that doesn't sound stupid, I might name Kira's MS Freedom-something, since it'll be a rebirth of his Freedom. Colly's Gundam I intend to name something else entirely though.

Now if only I could just think of those names...
Old 2006-02-14, 22:04   Link #49
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Freedom Redux? Ourobouros? GALVATRON! Then have it's computer voiced by Leonard Nimoy!

Seriously though, take a leaf out of the Final Fantasy games' design team and look at the names of ancient civilisaton's gods, or old sci-fi novels. They normally have really cool names - I got my username from one, but there are better names than mine (never!).
Old 2006-02-14, 22:07   Link #50
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
That sounds kinda stupid that it runs on nuke power but it's WoL doesn't, don't you think? That just makes no sense at all...
actually this is one place where I have to agree with demon. you need to consider power vs. energy. nuclear power (for practical purposes like an MS for the the short period of time in one battle) is a near-infinate source of energy, but has limited power (it will constantly give off a certain amount of energy per second). WoL need more power than the nuclear generator makes (or at least more than its surplus after powering the MS's systems). A hyper-capacitor (a battery with really high power but a discrete maximum energy) and release its energy at any specified rate (which surprise surprise can be higher than the nuclear generator)
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 00:23   Link #51
Flo
The Necessary Evil

My version how I want GSD3 to be.

Neutral Colony 'Infinite' a technology haven which house many of the most advance technology, including the Cameleon, a stealth device that can render objects completely invisible through a special dust partical and undetectable by heat sensors/radars/sonar. The only way to dectect is through a device call the Decamo, will can detect dust particals used for Cameleon. Thanks to the Cameleon, Infinian was remain unscared and unaffected by the 2 wars. Mobile Suits were build in order to fend off the worse case senerio should the Cameleon failed, but in the end it was never used.

Resident of the colony Infinians consist of both Naturals, Coordinators and Hybrids (a mix breed of Nat and Coord). Citizens there are mostly peaceful, harmonious and very intelligent. Their primary form of entertainment was the arena, where people build custom build mobile suits to compete with one another. Sometimes, Military would visit arena to look for talents, such as Mobile suit designers, pilots, etc.

Ok enough background. Time for story.

Cosmic Era 80, Lacus = Evil Dictator of PLANT while Cagalli = Evil Dictator of Earth. Kira and Athrun = Weapons Mass Destruction. EA more or less extincted. But enough about them.

Meanwhile back at Infinite, meet Alice King, a laid back 2nd Year Middle Schooler was heading to school when an explosion was heard. Announcement was heard that the colony was under attack and request all civilians to head to the shelter. Before Alice could head to the shelter she got caught in a near by explosion and flew her off to a nearby park bushes and became outcolded.

When she came to she found herself in a lap of a middle age man named Oji and in a cockpit of a miliary training mobile suit, Wildcat Trainer (Think Nemo from Zeta, painted all Black) fighting against an unknown mobile suit that was neither from ZAFT, Earth or Infnite. The battle was going downhill for Alice and Oji as the Wildcats weapons are Ridiculously WEAK (because it's a Training MS, what do you expect) The wildcat got hit in the left shoulder by the enemy beam rifle and could Oji to injure himself, Alice now have to fill his shoe.

Alice: "Eh? Are you crazy? I never pilot a Mobile Suit before!"
Oji: "Shaddup kid! If we are going to survive this you do as I say. I'll teach you as you go along."
Alice: "We'll be dead by then!"

Wildcat's movements are not a smooth as before and the enemy still have the upper hand, but thank's to Oji the wildcat still survive. Through his commands, Alice's movement slowly but sure become smoother. Since weapons are generally useless, they use physical attacks and stole the enemies beam saber and stab it to the enemy. After the battle Alice passed out from exhaustion, while Oji looked at her thinking that she may have some talent in her.

Meanwhile the unknown enemy threat was taken care of elsewhere but paid a price as the Cameleon system for the colony was damaged. Infinite became visible to PLANT's and Earth's eyes and now facing problems, how did the enemy see through the Cameleon. Suspecting it's an inside job, President's dashing young son Kid Saviour (22) sets out to investigate the enemy, track them down, find out their motives and stop them. Kid tells his personal crew get the battleship Bijin prepare in 3 days time.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 02:45   Link #52
The Sandman

Your idea sounds pretty cool, so I thought I'd chime in with some name ideas for your three currently nameless suits.

For Shinn's suit, Muramasa would be a perfect name; it fits both his personality and the naming conventions for Orb suits.

For Kira's, call it Infinity Gundam; that would mesh with the idea of 'limitless' Freedom, along with giving Athrun a nod (since he seems to be sitting this one out).

Finally, for Colly, if you want an idea that vaguely plays off of both opposition to Freedom and the nature of this Eternity organization, name her suit Judgement Gundam. It would seem to fit.

Hope you like these ideas, especially if it helps you with this awesome-looking fic.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 12:28   Link #53
StrikeFreedomGundam
Lacus lover

Somethoughts for GS 3
ZAFT:
MS:
Gelgoog warrior replaces Zaku Warrior
Scout Guiaz
New Guntank(mixed on Zoots and guntanks)
New Geong(Maybe transform into Gundam,Remember Hydra gundam?)
New Jagd doga (I still think of Gelgoog armed with DRAGOON)
SSF_Gundam for Kira
Atrun remains secrets(Can't think a new version of Justice, can you mix Justice with Sazabi?)
Orb:
Akasuki Kai-if shiki has improve ones, why Akasuki cannot have?
Gamma azeru
Murasame gamma-commander version of Murasame armed with beam cannon and armed with standard laser rifle at waist, which make them as powerful as Saviour Gundam
Shin Murasame
EA:
Special Assault dagger-can put into buter,duel or gunbarrel mode.
Maybe some new fighters that can attach to Windam
Strike-dam-II (aka.Strike Gundam mkII)- Mass product version of Strike gundam. It is a clone of strike gundam that can put a pack as Aegis, Buster,Duel or Blitz. However, the energy consumption depends on the add-on system.
StrikeFreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 08:03   Link #54
servitude

Just put Team A vs Team B. Not Team A vs Team B muddles in between is Team C which then somehow ended up being Team B and C vs A only to have Team D appearing out of the blue and joined the massive gang bang fest.

Just keep it seimple, put A vs B. Don't mess it up by having something like faction C. It worked once, failed the second time and won't work again the 3rd time.

And and And keep the show in focus. Don't change leads half way through and don't make crap enemies. In all series, Destiny seems to have the most one sided ending in history. It took Kira and Asuran just 1 episode to wack both Shinn and Rey.

Keep it simple keep it focused. Get a new director that focuses more on the action and story rather than having a director that felt preaching his ideas of world peace in a 52 ep anime series was a good idea.

Also what is everyone crapping about Kira + Lacus's offspring. Kill them all. Keep only some characters. Characters that didn't get enough screen time. Characters like Neo or whoever he is now. Since he is a soldier, there;s a degree of consistency much like Captain Bright was a constant feature in the UC series, where CHar was in anyway.

By the way, Mwu would certainly make a good Bright type of character. He now commands his own ship. There's a new crew and a new pilot.
servitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 12:06   Link #55
Knightmare213

Just a random idea for the third season. Got inspired by the fact that Cordies don't have a higher capability to reproduce after the 2nd, 3rd generation and by Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale.

Quote:
The year is CE 143, fourty years after the third Inter-Race war between the Naturals and the genetically modified Coordinators, called the Gencidal War. After the third war, Earth became inhabitable after the massive colony drop by using the obsolete designs of PLANT, once the homeland of Coordinators who had moved to Mars.

The Moon was the only place for the Naturals to live until ZAFT had invaded the rest of the surviving population by the year of CE 112, only letting a total population of 5,000 Naturals live for the Coordinators desperate plans to survive as the most dominant species.

The Coordinators had one flaw, even with their superior mind and body. After the third generation, their chance of success to reproduce would be at ten percent, a factor that may play to wipe out the entire human race.

So the ultimate plan for survival was to transform the entire surviving female Naturals to Farms while the male Naturals, who are incapable of reproduce due to their status of infertility, a way to reproduce 1st generation Coordinators by making the Farms to have the children of 3rd generation Coordinators through 'natural ways of reproduction.'

Okay, I already know how the Coordinators are born: either by two Coordinators getting funky, or by turning the genes of a Natural babies to a Cordie gene.

In a nutshell, the idea of turning the females into a baby-making machine comes directly from The Handmaid's Tale. The Handmaids in the book, which the story involves around a Handmaid, are fertile females who are forced to reproduce with the most elite kind of people, like a commander of a military force, to stablize the world's population.

This is sort of the same. There are about 121 million Cordies on Mars and only 5,000 Naturals remaining. The males would be used for manual labor because of their 'defective' genes compared to the male Cordies. Females, especially the fertile ones, would be used to reproduce 1st generation Cordies. To keep the Cordies surviving, more 1st generation Cordies would have to be made.

So what's the story really about? That was just a prologue for the setting of the story and I believe that I'll have a terrorist organization (which the idea directly comes from Shinji103) who wants the Naturals and the Cordies equal at an ethical sense. There will be battles, teen angsts and other stuffs that makes of the Gundam Series/movies formula.

I'll post something more as soon as I get home after school. (I said that since I'm posting this in my school's library!)
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:56   Link #56
Moon Eclipse

Nice idea. I look forward to reading more about it

Last edited by Moon Eclipse; 2006-02-16 at 19:22.
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:12   Link #57
sanghyun1990
상현

Extended as a main character, that would be nice. Cagalli and Lacus gets kill by the main character while on to a meeting, then ZAFT and Orb blame each other for death of their leader and start a war. While the main character try to escape he gets own by Kira because he is pissed. But before his ms gets destroyed he ejected, but Kira doesn't know so he thrashed the ms and they never found out who did it. Then the main character is found by a women. Then he changes while staying with her, then EAF still looking for extended ( since he is a new generation of extended that doesn't need drug and they need to kill him so Orb and ZAFt don't find out who really kill Lacus and Cagalli ) then the women dies. But before she dies she ask him to protect her sister in Orb.

This would be just rough draft of the story.
Old 2006-02-17, 07:56   Link #58
Knightmare213

Thanks, Mood Eclipse. Now, I'd like to post something I just came up. But this will only be about statuses of the society.

Farmers: Natural women who are capable of creating first generation Coordinators. The highest state of fertility comes at the age of 16-22, but the successful rate for the pragnancy with a 2nd generation and a 3rd generation Coordinators is at 51.62%. Amongst some of the Coordinators, the Farmers are considered valuble while some others consider them as mere toys to create their children and their future.

Naturals: Unmodified humans and the lowest status of the human society ruled by the Plantians (explained later of what they are). 60% of the males are forcibly steriled with X-ray radiation to control the Natural's population. The males are also hired to do manual labor such as waste disposal.

Plantians/Martians: The word 'Coordinator' to describe a genetically-modified human is no longer used and the word Plantian or Martian is used. Between the 2nd and the 3rd war, a third of the Coordinators move and colonize Mars and began terraforming the planet. The terraforming was done in a decade after a series of nuclear bombardment on the northern pole of Mars, melting all the ice and creating more oxygen for the entire planet.

That's all I have for now. I have to get to school and maybe I'll be able to post something more after I get back.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 10:30   Link #59
Strike Mk.II

Seed III

Many years have passed since the 2nd conflict between Naturals and Co-ordinators. Seed Factor has been emerging in many people and research is being conducted on it.
In space a group of scientists consisting of Plant, Orb and EA, had detected a very large unknown colony orbiting around (some planet), after reporting this to there homelands, Plant, Orb and EA were baffled as to how it remained undetected for so long. It was also discovered that there was a chance that people are still living on this colony
The people from the Unknown colony had realised that they had been discovered, and to avoid conflict had decided to send an invitation to Plant, EA and Orb. The people of the colony designated themselves as Phoenix.
Representatives from Orb, Plant, EA had come to Phoenix and were introduced to the colony by its Chairman, who was a co-ordinator.
The representatives were awed by the lifestyle that the people were living in, the colony was vast and consisted of both Naturals and Co-ordinators, and the technology that was in use was more advanced than technology used in both Plant and Earth. The Director explaned that a previous group of exiles from of both co-ordinators and Natural who wanted peace had managed to create a small colony many years ago. Although the colony was originally meant to act as a base of operations to find out some means to end the war.
The prevous Chairman of Phoenix who was a natural, didnt tell the Current Chairman the exact details, of how and why, but they had somehow people who didnt want to take part in war would be secretly transported to the colony. Over time the colony was expanded to accomodate many people, many people had also certain backgrounds as scientists, doctors, teachers etc, and this had eventually created a population.
Priority had shifted from protecting the people instead of finding a means to end the war, but they hoped that somehow the people of the colony would pave the wave for peace for Plant and Earth.
The representatives asked why they never revealed themselves so far and he explaned that despite that there hasnt been a war for a long time between Plant and Earth, it was a still a fragile time. The Chairman also explained that they are nor fully prepared either.
After the representatives returned they were called again by the Chairman of Phoenix, upon arrival the Chairman asked why they are here and they replied that it was the Chairman who called them, but the Chairman denied contacting them, it was then that the spacecraft containing the representatives were destroyed.
This brings about chaos and confusion and the EA makes a first all out attack against the Phoenix colony, although the people of Phoenix are advanced technologically there forces were small in number and Technology in weapons were limited. Without a choice they ask assistance from Plant and they give them assistance. With all this a new conflict is brought about again between Naturals and Co-ordinators.

(Im tired now)
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 12:57   Link #60
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Errr, lol, guys, don't take this the wrong way, but I kinda made this thread to talk about [i]my[/u] fanfic, not open up a fanfic thread for multiple fanfics. This thread will be a nightmare for people trying to read stuff about these fanfics if we have discussions about 4+ fanfics in one thread.