AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-17, 13:02   Link #61
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Errr, lol, guys, don't take this the wrong way, but I kinda made this thread to talk about [i]my[/u] fanfic, not open up a fanfic thread for multiple fanfics. This thread will be a nightmare for people trying to read stuff about these fanfics if we have discussions about 4+ fanfics in one thread.
You egoistic bastard...

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 10:24   Link #62
Knightmare213

Quote:
Errr, lol, guys, don't take this the wrong way, but I kinda made this thread to talk about my fanfic, not open up a fanfic thread for multiple fanfics. This thread will be a nightmare for people trying to read stuff about these fanfics if we have discussions about 4+ fanfics in one thread.
This is very egotistic of you, Shinji103.

Besides, you shared your own ideas and stuff. It was discussed and the thread title basically says "An Idea for a GS3 Story, Characters, and Mecha," not, "Shinji103's Ideas for GS3, no other ideas allowed!"

If you want to still write your fanfiction, then make another thread and say on the first post for other forumers only to comment and criticize so that no one else can post their own fanfictions on the thread.

Also, not until now, I don't think you said anything about not letting people post their own ideas, didn't you? I posted mine, as well as others too, before you made that selfish post (yeah... selfish, dude).

It's not like that you don't look down on other people's ideas, right?
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 16:24   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Dude, I said "Don't take this the wrong way." >.> If I was being egotistical, I would have said "Please don't post your ideas here" long ago when Moon posted his ideas. Then two or three more people did, and seriously, having full discussion for three differnet topics in one thread is going to be a nightmare (no pun intended ). >.> I don't "look down on other people's ideas" or any of that crap. >.> I'm not telling you to erase your ideas or don't post them or anything like that at all, I just honestly think it's going to be messy to have full discussions on four different topics in a single thread. >.>
Old 2006-02-20, 16:43   Link #64
Knightmare213

@Shinji103: Seriously, if you think this will get messy, try going to Gaia Online's Barton Town Forum. That place has thousands threads, no sh!tting, filled with hundreds of different stories at once and once again, no sh!tting.

And apologies for misunderstanding. I must have been impulsive again when I wasn't myself (had a few mugs of cold...stuff).

If anyone's waiting, I'll post some more about my idea later. Thanks much.
Old 2006-02-20, 16:56   Link #65
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Yeah, but this site isn't Gaia Online's Barton Town Forum.

Fyi, I'm not telling the people who have posted their ideas to stop. Now that you've started, go ahead and finish. I'm just saying to other people don't post more fanfics here. I guess I just didn't really say that as clearly as I should have...
Old 2006-03-07, 02:06   Link #66
neovu79

Rumors from aintitcool.com

It's been so long since I've posted in here so forgive me if this was already posted. This is a rumor I got of of Ain't It Cool New's website.

More Gundam SEED 3 Rumors

MangaNews.net has repeated the rumor that a third series based on the latest Gundam incarnation, SEED, is starting to be mentioned in Japanese magazines. It's said to scheduled for a fall premiere on Japanese TV.
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
The story will take place five years after Gundam SEED Destiny. Athrun and the red haired girl (Meyrin?) are married with 2 children, and is expecting a third.
END SPOILERS
END SPOILERS

Bandai will be releasing Gundam SEED Destiny starting Marth 14
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22450
neovu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 03:06   Link #67
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovu79
More Gundam SEED 3 Rumors

MangaNews.net has repeated the rumor that a third series based on the latest Gundam incarnation, SEED, is starting to be mentioned in Japanese magazines. It's said to scheduled for a fall premiere on Japanese TV.
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
The story will take place five years after Gundam SEED Destiny. Athrun and the red haired girl (Meyrin?) are married with 2 children, and is expecting a third.
END SPOILERS
END SPOILERS
Sounds too based off that hacked AthrunxMeyrin family pic to be true. And if the third series was really about the old cast again, I'd go to Japan and kill the staff with an axe. >.>

And fyi, that's somewhat off-topic. lol But go ahead and discuss a bit.
Old 2006-03-07, 10:47   Link #68
tetsuo69

Quote:
Sounds too based off that hacked AthrunxMeyrin family pic to be true. And if the third series was really about the old cast again, I'd go to Japan and kill the staff with an axe. >.>
i would love to see that
Old 2006-03-07, 13:17   Link #69
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
i would love to see that
You will if this is how the third series turns out.
Old 2006-03-28, 20:46   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I finally, finally overcame my writer's block somewhat, as well as the obstructions of college classes, and came up with two names for my list of unnamed MS so far (well, the reason it took me so long was because I've been trying to convince myself that these names worked and weren't too corny ):

Colly's mobile suit: Judgement Gundam

Shinn's mobile suit: Fate Gundam

Are they corny? Very. Do they fit the CE Gundam naming convention for the higher-tier Gundams? Yes. Are these names as bad as Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice? Hell no.

The name Liberty Gundam for Kira's mobile suit crossed my name for a split-fraction of a second, and I bashed my head into the wall a couple times for even considering such a name for a Gundam at all, regardless of how long I considered it.
Old 2006-03-28, 23:20   Link #71
Knightmare213

Quote:
The name Liberty Gundam for Kira's mobile suit crossed my name for a split-fraction of a second, and I bashed my head into the wall a couple times for even considering such a name for a Gundam at all, regardless of how long I considered it.
Congrats on getting through the writer's block. I just got through mine too.

Also, the name Liberty Gundam (full name XSF-T02 Liberty) is actually one of my created gundam that Flay pilots in my fanfiction, the Destiny Variances: Season One. Giving it a gundam named "Liberty" is pretty much of a...not recommmended idea.

By the way, I was wondering if I can post my created technology for the same fanfiction I just mentioned. Just wondering to get a feedback.
Old 2006-03-29, 12:42   Link #72
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well, yeah, go ahead. lol
Old 2006-04-26, 13:44   Link #73
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

One more post, one more suit down.

Model number: GAT-19
Code name: Dagger Y
Unit type: General purpose mass-production mobile suit
Operator: Earth Alliance
Accommodation: Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Powerplant: Ultracompact energy battery
Fixed armaments: 2x 100 mm gattling cannon, 1 mounted on either shoulder; 2x beam saber, stored on side armor; 1x beam shield, mounted on left arm
Optional hand armaments: 1x beam rifle, can be mounted on side waist armor, hand carried in use; 1x beam launcher, can be mounted on on rear waist armor, hand carried in use
Other optional armaments: 2x 3-tube missile launcher, mounted on legs
Notes: The EA's latest mobile suit, the Dagger Y is made to be a highly responsive, agile mobile suit. The "Y" in its name comes from the Y-shape that the mobile suit makes when its winged variable thrusters are fully deployed.
Old 2006-04-26, 14:24   Link #74
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

I think your idea fails because the main character is a girl.
Old 2006-04-26, 14:31   Link #75
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
I think your idea fails because the main character is a girl.
on noes a shoujo Gundam ahhhhh XD!!!! female emo characters ahhhhhhhhhhh XD!!!
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 14:34   Link #76
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
on noes a shoujo Gundam ahhhhh XD!!!! female emo characters ahhhhhhhhhhh XD!!!

Word up, G.
Old 2006-04-26, 15:31   Link #77
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

One more done:

Model number: MVF-M24S
Code name: Muramasa
Unit type: Transformable mass-production mobile suit
Operator: Orb
Accommodation: Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Powerplant: Ultracompact energy battery
Fixed armaments: 2x beam saber, stored in forearms, can be used as high-energy beam guns while stored; 2x 60 mm CIWS, mounted in nose of fighter mode, operable only in fighter mode; 2x beam shield, mounted on forearms; 4x 3-tube micromissile launcher, 2 stored on either wing
Optional hand armaments: 1x high-energy beam rifle, can be stored on side waist armor
Notes: Having its design based on the Masamune, the Muramasa bears a strong resemblance to it. The Muramasa is be Orb's newest line of mass-produced mobile suit.
Old 2006-04-26, 21:58   Link #78
reinloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Everyone.

Gorilla and urban warfare is infinitely more effective than just throwing massive numbers of troops at the enemy (the US army can attest to this from Vietnam, Afganistan and Iraq).

Small units like terrorist cells are more difficult to track and detect due to their small resource footprint. Half a dozen men can cripple entire armies, block supply lines and ruin morale on countless levels, destroying a fighting force's effectiveness.
Terrorist attacks are called that ... because they target non-combatants. Depanding on the intepretation on legality (formal declaration of war), surprise attacks on military targets may be illegal but they certainly are not terrorist attacks.

[REALISM]

Guerilla warfare is overhyped. Its effectiveness (vs conventional warfare) is only demonstrated in friendly territory. And Malaysia is one country that had defeated guerilla warfare in its own territory. And the so-called small footprint is due to ... conducting operations at a human level (how big is an MS?). And for the few times it had notable success, it was a national effort, not some small private organization's wetdream.

That the US lost in Vietnam is also a myth. Looking at the exchange ratio, only delusional ignorants will claim victory for the NVs. Had the war continued, the NVs would be extinct. But after the WWs, the West seemed to have lost their appetite to send young men to the meatgrinder. So they would call it a day after certain casulty limits were breached. Iraq, Afghanistan. The war is won. Period. What is happenning now is police work. Nothing more. The god of logistics that is the US army has no vulnerabilities for guerilla warfare to exploit as long as mission planners doesn't screw up.

[\REALISM]
reinloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 00:53   Link #79
The Sandman

Since it kind of got buried in this thread, I'd like to repeat my earlier idea for a name for Kira's suit: Infinity Gundam. For weaponry for it, I would figure two Dragoon elements (in the wings) along with various long range weaponry, since ranged attacks seem to fit Kira's style. Shinn, on the other hand, should be more focused on close-range weaponry, along with increased speed (again, it fits his fighting style). One crazy idea would be a sort of beam tonfa as built-in weaponry in the arms, along with new Wings of Light that function as beam wings a la Victory Gundam. While it would be reusing a weapon from an older series, beam wings are one of those ideas that is simply too cool to pass up.

Also, for the Gundam suits here (to give them the required edge, along with some interesting potential drawbacks), would there be any chance of making the control system some sort of biofeedback setup? As in, think to move an arm and the Gundam's arm moves, think to look behind you and have the view from rear sensors piped into your visual cortex, and so on? It would help make these true mobile suits, and be something a little bit different from the Gundam norm.

Also, I'm wondering if you're planning to bring in any other groups, like the characters from Astray, or the Mars colony that was mentioned once or twice.

Last edited by The Sandman; 2006-04-28 at 01:10.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 01:46   Link #80
epyon96

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.d...ed+-+After+War

Read this for some ideas. It's perhaps one of the most developed Gundam Seed Destiny Fanfic written.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote