AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 04:51   Link #1
ZzzZzzZzz
Inactive Member

bittorrent keep getting stuck

everytime when i download animes on bittorrent, it keep getting stuck. so everynight before i go to sleep i download animes, and the next morining when i want to watch that anime, it's only 1/4 done and it's stuck there. it did it to all the anime i ever download. how can i fix this problem?
ZzzZzzZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 03:01   Link #2
deadcoat

I would suggest you get the expiremintal version at http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/ after that uninstall your current client and delete the folder the folder will not delete when you uninstall it. Install the expiremintal version set your upload rate according to or lower than your connection speed. I would suggest lower than your connection speed.
Finally read the two sticky posts at the top of downloading help.
I hope that helps.
deadcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 04:22   Link #3
dmg022

I also have this problem. My bit torrent freezes whenever I download Naruto. ( The later episodes ), I heeded your advice, downloaded the experimental client and set my download speed lesser than my connection speed like you said. But it still freezes like before? Must I uninstall my previous client? Or will it effect anything?
dmg022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 04:29   Link #4
dmg022

Bit Torrent freezing.

I know there is another post regarding this but it doesn't seem to answer my problems.

Ok, firstly, this problem happens when I download anything. After a few hours, my bit torrent freeze. Usually the download rate will go up and down regulary but it totally freezes. Apart from that, even if it says "50kb/s" in the download rate, I am pretty sure it is NOT downloading at all. Since this problem happens occasionally, I've got used to it, waking up in the middle of the night to reset the torrent.

Now, recently I just got into Naruto. This problem have not occured for very long already and just recently, starting from episodes 57, my bit torrent freeze almost every two minutes.
I managed to get 58 and 59 by resetting it every two minutes, it took a longer period of time and pisses me off.

At first, I was using the normal bit torrent client, i believed it was 3.2.1. After reading that post, I downloaded the experimental client. I am using this Alcatel ADSL modem for my connection and my internet speed is 3.4 Mbps. My computer has a ram of 512. ( If I remember correctly ).

I'm hoping someone could help me out with this problem. If this has been answered before, my apologies. Thanks in advance.
dmg022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 07:16   Link #5
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
You can find an answer to your problems in the FAQs sticked at the top of this thread.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 08:20   Link #6
festosis

ok maybe I can help, I used to have the same problem my bt client would freeze along with the rest of my computers internet access epecially when downloading bigger files and I didn't know why. It would happen randomly it sucked because I couldn't even seed files. I did some research and I found out that what causes this is the python language that bitorrent is based on(the original one). I don't remember the specifics but I know that python since its an older language(I think) does not work that great with all systems causing bt to freeze. At the time I found one bt program that uses java instead of python its called Azureus(uses java, there might be more but I think its the only one). According to reviews this java based bittorrent program has its pros and cons, but I haven't froze up since I started using this and now I can leave the bt window open forever I guess you could call it an advanced program because it seems like it gives u to much information but I got used to it really quick. Let me know if this helped.
festosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 08:39   Link #7
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Merged the thread because the problem is the same.

The problem lies in your network card. Your drivers are not up to date enough to support more than X incoming connections, and thus your bittorrent stops (and sometimes it resets the PC). There are 2 ways to fix this problem. The first one is to download an upgraded version of the drivers. Second one is to use theshadow's client and set the incoming connections to less than 50/55. This usually is enough to fix your problem.
Now I dont know the Azureus client to tell you how it works or how it manages the incoming connection, but the problem is easly fixed with those two steps.

Of course, the problem was already explained in the FAQs, but seems like no one wants to read them.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 09:00   Link #8
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

The people who read them don't need to post