AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-07, 17:28   Link #1
Kaiko
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles: The Movie

Hello, I've enjoyed Tsubasa Chronicles and am wondering if the movie is actually a part of the storyline. If it isn't I don't wanna waste getting it, but if it contributes than it would be worth checking out.
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 21:07   Link #2
deathbygirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The xxxHOLiC movie was quite the show. The artwork was extremely stylish (which I enjoyed thoroughly; some of the scenes were amazing, and the ambience was appropriate throughout the duration of the film), and the musical score throughout the movie was produced very well.

I can't really convey how well this feature film was done very well, but it's definitely worth a watch for CLAMP and non-CLAMP fans alike.
deathbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 23:17   Link #3
jpwong
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I don't believe the movie is part of the plot line at all, though I suppose if you really want, you can insert it anywhere in Tsubasa Chronicle where a joining episode didn't occur. IIRC it's not even done by the people who are doing the anime series.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 23:38   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
This is something the anime people came up with. In the movie they had yuko meet up with someone that she has never meet in the manga. And there is a damn good reason for that.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 00:50   Link #5
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
I don't believe the movie is part of the plot line at all, though I suppose if you really want, you can insert it anywhere in Tsubasa Chronicle where a joining episode didn't occur. IIRC it's not even done by the people who are doing the anime series.
Actually, Production I.G. is handling the xxxHOLIC tv. And yes, they are completely unrelated to either TV series. Also the whole interlinking story thing was stupid. "Oh, let's put 1 minute of common material between the movies which really arent linked at all."
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 03:59   Link #6
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Actually I didn't quite like the drawings in this movie. Kinda bad compared to the manga.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 03:43   Link #7
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
Actually I didn't quite like the drawings in this movie. Kinda bad compared to the manga.
Did you mean xxxHolic? Yes, I agree with you on that note. I liked the designs for Tsubasa movie though. The xxxHolic movie was interesting, I loved the CG scenes for the mansion's rooms. And the surprising thing is, they tied the series' title to the movie's plot which is something I haven't yet seen done in the manga yet.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 08:32   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I haven't watched the movie yet, but I'm pretty sure that I'll like it. t3h h0tn3ss ...

Last edited by physics223; 2006-03-06 at 08:47.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 10:33   Link #9
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Very nice movie. I was a bit hesitant to watch it due to relations with Tsubasa, but when I did watch it I really enjoyed it. Great animation, plot, and the humour didn't annoy me (and in some parts were even... funny?!). I will be buying this when it gets an R1 release.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 11:16   Link #10
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Did you mean xxxHolic? Yes, I agree with you on that note. I liked the designs for Tsubasa movie though. The xxxHolic movie was interesting, I loved the CG scenes for the mansion's rooms. And the surprising thing is, they tied the series' title to the movie's plot which is something I haven't yet seen done in the manga yet.

Yeap. The char designs were soooo bad.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 12:24   Link #11
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Given the rather freaky, and disjointed atmosphere of xxxHolic, I thought the character designs were very appropriate. And it also gave Production I.G. some creative freedom on Watanuki's overreactive behavior (and let's not forget that the director of Guu and Dokuro-chan is involved which has overreactive male protagonists).
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 12:45   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
I really enjoyed the movie, didn't think i was gonna enjoy it as much as i did. The fact that the first 10 minutes of the movie has parts that was mentioned in the first chapter of manga, i found interesting.. so newcomers to the story wouldn't be to lost on whats going on.

I can really see people jumping at the art style. I remember a lot of people saying the same about when Tsubasa first started.. long legged characters & so on, though i believe it to be a style thats only suited for the type of story that xxxHolic gives off.. strange that i didn't notice it that much while watching the first season of Tsubasa.

All and all it was a good watch, and brilliant music by Tsuneyoshi Saitou, glad i bought the ost when it was released.. though i'm a lil' buggered that Tsuneyoshi won't be doing the music for the anime that starts pretty soon.

Hope the Tsubasa movie is as good, i've already seen the first series.. so the feeling of manga to anime won't feel as good.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 13:31   Link #13
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I really enjoyed the movie, didn't think i was gonna enjoy it as much as i did. The fact that the first 10 minutes of the movie has parts that was mentioned in the first chapter of manga, i found interesting.. so newcomers to the story wouldn't be to lost on whats going on.

I can really see people jumping at the art style. I remember a lot of people saying the same about when Tsubasa first started.. long legged characters & so on, though i believe it to be a style thats only suited for the type of story that xxxHolic gives off.. strange that i didn't notice it that much while watching the first season of Tsubasa.

All and all it was a good watch, and brilliant music by Tsuneyoshi Saitou, glad i bought the ost when it was released.. though i'm a lil' buggered that Tsuneyoshi won't be doing the music for the anime that starts pretty soon.

Hope the Tsubasa movie is as good, i've already seen the first series.. so the feeling of manga to anime won't feel as good.

I am not complaining about the art style. If you look carefully the art of the chars is pretty bad compared to the xxxholic manga.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 13:36   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I am not complaining about the art style. If you look carefully the art of the chars is pretty bad compared to the xxxholic manga.
Well it would be different, anime form to manga form's a tricky thing - but like i said, imo the story behind xxxHolic needs the style.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:02   Link #15
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
i didnt like the animation too much of xxx holic, could be because it was not too well quality when i watched it but at certain points things were just chaotic, like when Watanuki got harashed by all the demons/ghosts in the start

well personally those things drive me nuts, when i have a fever i can suddenly see things spin around me like that so it makes me nuts looking at it

but the story line was super, i am curious about the Tsubasa movie

does anyone know what its about

btw : this year XxX Holic series
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:11   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
i am curious about the Tsubasa movie

does anyone know what its about
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5148

There's the information you seek~
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:34   Link #17
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler for Tsubasa movie:
__________________
Just some old fart passing by in the wind.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:16   Link #18
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
The Tsubassa movie makes me weap, knowing that we'll probably be back to the .hack//CLAMP nonsence for the tv series again.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:47   Link #19
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
The movie of xxxHOLiC was an exhilarating visual feast. Although the character design takes time to get used to, eventually you'll love everything about the film especially Ichihara Yuuko. Hang it all, even the story's great throughout the movie!

The character of Yuuko, however, impressed itself upon me. She's great.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:53   Link #20
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
The XXXholic movie didn't impress me all that much. 15 minutes was ripped from the Monkey paw episode and I didn't like how Yuuko stepped in and overrode Watanuki. She never does that in the book. It's sink or swim for Watanuki.
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.