AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 11:03   Link #221
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I guess I'm in the minority that wants Aiko to win eh? Partially because she is my favorite character, and partially because it would be funny to see a collective "WTF!?" sweep across the anime community. I'm so tired of series where the male lead chooses the obvious pick. Tokimeki was the biggest offender in this fashion. The only time my picks ever came through were for Shuffle!, Green Green, and Shining Tears x Wind.
Well having Aiko win would certainly be surprising and I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Even if Noe is my favorite. However I would hope they give the choice proper build up. Surprise for the sake of surprise can backfire. Granted this simply means they just need to give Aiko decent focus and remember that she actually exists. In the case of Shuffle!, I am definitely supportive of the girl who won. I've never seen Green Green, so no comment. As for Shining Tears x Wind. I have to admit that was a pretty surprising, but rather interesting choice that was made. So I can definitely support it.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:27   Link #222
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I rewatched episode 02 with some subs now and there are two things I just noticed.

The first is Hiromi being on the computer again. Whether or not she has too much homework to do, itís quite obvious she doesnít like to be there for some unknown reasons and that she is avoiding her foster family as much as possible by being on the computer. And it seems to me that she joins the basketball team for that matter in order to spend the least amount of time at Ďhome.í Hiromiís character is so complex and yet itís hard to understand. Does she hate her foster family or Shinnichiro himself? or itís simply because she really doesnít want to be there.

The other is the fact that Hiromi and Shinnichiro leave the house at different times not because one seems to be lazier than the other, but because they want to leave separately by eating slower or faster. I know their relationship has been tense and awkward from the very beginning (the moment Shinnichiro Ďinvitedí Hiromi to eat together with the family on episode 01), but thereís something going there and itís not just carrying a heavy mood. It makes me very curious to know the reasons why they are avoiding each other and it seems that Hiromi herself is the cause/answer to all these questions since for them to start an Ďactualí conversation, she must be willing to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Well having Aiko win would certainly be surprising and I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Even if Noe is my favorite. However I would hope they give the choice proper build up. Surprise for the sake of surprise can backfire. Granted this simply means they just need to give Aiko decent focus and remember that she actually exists. In the case of Shuffle!, I am definitely supportive of the girl who won. I've never seen Green Green, so no comment. As for Shining Tears x Wind. I have to admit that was a pretty surprising, but rather interesting choice that was made. So I can definitely support it.
This would be nice but i feel it will be like most anime and being with Shinnichiro and Noe and then Aiko knowing that she will try be his fried or something like that. i don;t really mind both ways are good as Neo is my favorite from the series as of yet.
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:44   Link #223
UPR

I find it funny that Hiromi friend mentioned to her if she was all right with Shinichiro being taken away, and her dening it very quickly. But, then trying to make friends with Noe.

I really don't have a favorite. But that's good because if any of the three get's with him there would not be a problem. At least for me.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:56   Link #224
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly liked this episode. Maybe just because Hiromi starts to show some more. Pretty active in basketball though clearly things are on her mind. Noe shows some good perception. As expected Shinichirou is a replacement chicken.

Felt they were moving in a solid direction. Finding out there is more behind Hiromi and Shinichirou at least in the past. Plus looks like from the ED that Noe's grandmother had passed away. Maybe in relation with giving away her tears.

At least the series is leaving me interested and looking forward to what happens.
Old 2008-01-14, 12:12   Link #225
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly liked this episode. Maybe just because Hiromi starts to show some more. Pretty active in basketball though clearly things are on her mind. Noe shows some good perception. As expected Shinichirou is a replacement chicken.

Felt they were moving in a solid direction. Finding out there is more behind Hiromi and Shinichirou at least in the past. Plus looks like from the ED that Noe's grandmother had passed away. Maybe in relation with giving away her tears.

At least the series is leaving me interested and looking forward to what happens.
Spoiler for Why is it?:
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 12:22   Link #226
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Plus looks like from the ED that Noe's grandmother had passed away. Maybe in relation with giving away her tears.
Yeah i was thinking that also, along with her photograph in the second episode.

Just like everyone else, i am loving the direction the series is taking. I'm sat here, waiting patiently until we see a lot more of lovely Aiko.
Old 2008-01-14, 12:56   Link #227
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Blog article is up:

[RIUVA] Trial Run: True Tears, Episode 2
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 15:18   Link #228
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Thanks all who responded to my selfish question. I asked a guy today at school who majored in Japanese and lived there for a year, and he explained it as essentially a double negative, or "I'm screwed if I don't do this" type of sentence.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 16:25   Link #229
Echoes

Episode 2 was excellent, I'm sold on the series.
Old 2008-01-14, 16:31   Link #230
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Skane's mention of the brewery in Moyashimon reminds me that there is also a sake brewery in Ghost Hound (a good show that is not getting enough attention, in my opinion).

I do feel a bit of similarity with ef. Not in style, and not just because there's a bit of a triangle. Maybe it's because I can feel the interesting characters so well, and because of the outsider (Chihiro/Noe). Or maybe it's because they both just seem so subtly made to me. I'm still watching H2O, but this show is so much subtler, more feeling, and more beautiful.

I can't help coming back to the excellent voice acting of Takagaki Ayahi (left) and Nazuka Kaori (right):

In my blog, I have burdened the world with my first impressions of almost all the new shows.

Ascaloth's blog article on episode two is excellent. Well worth reading.

There's a nice little TV interview with Takagaki Ayahi (Noe) and Iguchi Yuka (Ai) in which Iguchi-san says that the show is a romance, but more than that a "human drama."
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Marika), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Aoharu x Kikanjuu | Charlotte | Dandelion | Gangsta | Gatchaman | GATE | Im@s Cinderella | Jitsu wa Watashi wa... | Non Non Biyori | Overlord | Rokka no Yuusha | Simoneta | Sore ga Seiyuu | Working!!!

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-15 at 04:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 16:38   Link #231
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm still watching H2O, but this show is so much subtler, more feeling, and more beautiful.
In terms of beauty, i'd say True Tears steals the cookie this season. Everything right down to the dialogue is beautiful. On the subject, i can't wait to hear more from Shin's story. I have a feeling that could play a huge part in the story at a later date.
Old 2008-01-14, 17:33   Link #232
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Thanks all who responded to my selfish question. I asked a guy today at school who majored in Japanese and lived there for a year, and he explained it as essentially a double negative, or "I'm screwed if I don't do this" type of sentence.
Trust me on this one, it's not a double negative. The "ikenai" in the sentence you provided is essentially necessitating Noe to regain tears within the context of certain set of "rules" or "conditions" or "consequences", which haven't been hashed out.

Following a similar example:
"I need to buy an orange" = "Orange wo kawanaito ikenai"
the "ikenai" in that sentence adds the concept of "necessity" to the verb. However, there's no pretext indicating why there is a necessity to buy an orange. All the "ikenai" does is apply the concept of "necessity" to the sentence within an unknown set of conditions or rules.

Obviously the consequences for not fulfilling a necessity can be neutral or negative (or good in some circumstances), but because those are assumptions, in a situation like this, it doesn't necessarily indicate a double negative.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 17:46   Link #233
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Spoiler for Why is it?:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-14, 18:03   Link #234
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post

all the girl like related to Shinichirou, i mean something happen at the past..
I don't know about that, Shin knows that Nobose likes Aiko, thus why he left as soon as he showed up in the store.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 18:06   Link #235
totalnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
since the tanuki myth doesnt exist in the english language, the closes animal resembling it is a racoon, then it would be wise to use a racoon so some of the veiwers can get a visaul in their head to get a better understanding what the japanese people are talking about...its not perfect but it does help some veiwers built a better connection with this mysterious creature and myth

if your post is to simply clearified what a tanuki is then good job, your post seem like it was saying the translator are not up to snuff and i feel like the translators are doing a awesome job provinding us with a great service so if your are tired of the tanuki mistake perhaps you should apply to be a translator
Someone correct me, if I am wrong. I thought the tanuki that the show is talking about is a real animal and not about the mythical animal.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 18:19   Link #236
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I don't know about that, Shin knows that Nobose likes Aiko, thus why he left as soon as he showed up in the store.
He's not jaleous. Just that he knows that Nobose likes Aiko, so he doesn't want to bother him.
Old 2008-01-14, 18:56   Link #237
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I find it funny that Hiromi friend mentioned to her if she was all right with Shinichiro being taken away, and her dening it very quickly. But, then trying to make friends with Noe.

I really don't have a favorite. But that's good because if any of the three get's with him there would not be a problem. At least for me.
One mystery on the top of another on top of another. I wish they'd start explaining because I still feel like an outsider looking in on someone's private affair I have absolutely zero knowledge about.

I wish they'd at least delve ever so slightly into Hiromi's reasoning for wanting to make friends or even acquaint herself with Noe. I guess the stereotypical answer would be that she is consciously or subconsciously positioning herself between Noe and Shinichiro, but what is a social anxiety disorder girl to do?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:23   Link #238
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
He's not jaleous. Just that he knows that Nobose likes Aiko, so he doesn't want to bother him.
I didn't say anything about jealousy, just the he knows Nobuse likes Aiko and like he said when he left, "I don't want to interfare".
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:52   Link #239
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I didn't say anything about jealousy, just the he knows Nobuse likes Aiko and like he said when he left, "I don't want to interfare".
With jaleous I meant, well, let's pretend Shin likes Ai, they're having a nice conversation, but then Nobuse enters the shop and Shin gets angry becaus he wants to be alone with Ai; well, you're right, you didn't say nothing about that . As for the "I don't want to interfare" thing, I think it's quite clear Shin does not want to interfare with his (best?)friend's beloved person.
Old 2008-01-14, 19:52   Link #240
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
One mystery on the top of another on top of another. I wish they'd start explaining because I still feel like an outsider looking in on someone's private affair I have absolutely zero knowledge about.

I wish they'd at least delve ever so slightly into Hiromi's reasoning for wanting to make friends or even acquaint herself with Noe. I guess the stereotypical answer would be that she is consciously or subconsciously positioning herself between Noe and Shinichiro, but what is a social anxiety disorder girl to do?
I'm pretty sure that was the feeling you were supposed to get, based on the title of the episode, "What do I want to do?", though the translation "What am I trying to do" may have been more appropriate. It developed more on the character of Hiromi, who could probably be considered borderline "yandere". It's been rather evident since ep1 that she has some deep rooted problems based on her personality in-home and at school. TBH, I don't think she has much of a clue as to what she's doing, let alone why she's doing it.

Previews seem to indicate that the next episode will expand on her past, but her dark nature (rearranging Raigomaru's grave, telling Shinichiro that Noe flirts with guys from in the trees, lying to Shinichiro about becoming friends with Noe, etc) is intriguing.

Add to that, even if she does like Shinichiro, she's in a very awkward situation where Shin's family brought her under their roof, and the mother seems to have somewhat of a sharp tongue towards Hiromi (and is probably the last boss for any girl to date Shin, lol)
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life