AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-28, 10:11   Link #641
Zanshun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Absolutely my favorite anime of the season, H2O was keeping me about as entertained until the drop in the 4th episode, but with this anime just the beauty in the animation and execution makes me feel confident that the things that plague lesser anime like a drop in animation or a blatant and badly executed fan service filler episode won't occur. All the fan service this show needs is Noe's facial expressions, Hiromi's laughs, and the playful way Hiromi's hair is animated and moves in certain scenes.

I still think Hiromi might have an interest in #4 but I also think she is conflicted, that she would prefer Shin but that is blocked off and she would go out with number 4 which is her second choice because it goes hand in hand with moving on. I think everyone is making a big deal that she doesn't say his name and just calls him #4 but that might not be as strange as everyone says, she mentioned that he is older and she thought she had no chance at getting closer to him so calling him number 4 might just be about the distance she feels towards him atm. They make a big point in all these romance anime series to emphasize that calling each other by the first name is a big step in a romantic relationship, usually following AFTER hand holding, names are very sacred. The fact that she doesn't even call him by his last name or Isurugi-senpai might be she just isn't comfortable to do so atm.

Whatever Shin's mother's reasons it just can't turn out well, I'm just hoping it won't have lasting ramifications on Shin or Hiromi. Clearly shes been showing to be bitter and controlling which helps make us actually cheer Shin on when he just completely ignores her existence, he won't even greet her goodbye.

I'm still rooting for Hiromi/Shin as I have from episode 2, but Noe is starting to grow on me for sure. Also no worries about incest, didn't you guys see that odd red earring that #4 has in the middle of his left ear, he must either be a trap or I don't think he is into girls
Zanshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 10:30   Link #642
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
I only had the time to watch the first part of eps4 but hiromi is either very good at building story about #4 or she really is in love with #4 it s still strange that she hasnt said his name yet thou.
Hiromi has been calling Noe's brother number 4 not his name because that's how much she likes him, next to none. Noe's brother calls Hiromi number 6 because that's how much he likes her, next to none. That's how much of an interaction they've had, next to none. They how much they know each other, next to none. That's how much they have feelings for each other, next to none.

She and he may think of one another as cute but as far as having feelings for each other, I highly doubt it! They've hardly talk or even know each others name. There are lots of people I find cute/cool but I don't have feelings for any one of them. Lots of people are good from far but far from good.
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-01-28 at 10:53.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 10:36   Link #643
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Hiromi has been calling Noe's brother number 4 not his name because that's how much she likes him, next to none. Noe's brother calls Hiromi number 6 because that's how much he likes her, next to none. That's how much of an interaction they've had, next to none. That's how much they have feelings for each other, next to none.

She and he may think of one another as cute but as far as having feelings for each other, I highly doubt it! They've hardly talk or even know each others name. There are lots of people I find cute/cool but I don't have feelings for any one of them. Lots of people are good from far but far from good.
Completely agree once everything gets out in the open im sure it will fade away. I wouldnt be surprise if we start hearing less about it as we carry on. IT was a fib told by Hiromi and after seeing her crying after talking to Shin i cant see it going future. The problem is now i foresee Hiromi pushing Shin further away from her because of his mother. If you listen to what she says in the preview it sounded somewhat mean and not something she would say at all.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 10:39   Link #644
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshun View Post
I think everyone is making a big deal that she doesn't say his name and just calls him #4 but that might not be as strange as everyone says, she mentioned that he is older and she thought she had no chance at getting closer to him so calling him number 4 might just be about the distance she feels towards him atm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Hiromi has been calling Noe's brother number 4 not his name because that's how much she likes him, next to none.
However, Hiromi does mention his name at the beginning of episode 4 (about 1:50). She mentions "Isurugi-san" (clearly Noe's brother), then stops a moment and finishes the sentence by replacing "Isurugi-san" with "#4".
__________________
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 10:56   Link #645
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
However, Hiromi does mention his name at the beginning of episode 4 (about 1:50). She mentions "Isurugi-san" (clearly Noe's brother), then stops a moment and finishes the sentence by replacing "Isurugi-san" with "#4".
It's like putting 1 and 1 together. She's calling him by his last name, that's easy to conclude knowing that it's Noe's, Noe Isurugi, brother. They're blood siblings so of course they have the same last name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Completely agree once everything gets out in the open im sure it will fade away. I wouldnt be surprise if we start hearing less about it as we carry on. IT was a fib told by Hiromi and after seeing her crying after talking to Shin i cant see it going future. The problem is now i foresee Hiromi pushing Shin further away from her because of his mother. If you listen to what she says in the preview it sounded somewhat mean and not something she would say at all.
Yup, poor thing almost burst into tears. Not sure if Hiromi will push Shin away, looks at her change in action/expression towards him now compared to ep 1. She wants to become closer and is subconciously doing it. The person who is reminding her that's she's getting to close and shouldn't is Shin's mom. Besides Shin's mom trying to distance Hiromi from Shin, I think Shin will distance himself from Hiromi ( not intentionally or trying to hurt her of course ). It was made clear as day that he believes Hiromi likes Jun and most likely he try to get them together (like what he did with Ai and Nobuse) because he wants to she her happy/smiling.
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 11:41   Link #646
Zanshun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Looking back at the chin strap scene, I could understand where people are getting some implied siscon but I think its more innocent. I'm sure it was shocking to her brother for Noa to go on and on about Shin, it must also be difficult to secure a chin strap on someone when their chin keeps moving up and down from nonstop talking and her brother doesn't seem to type to just ask to her to be quiet for a second so he could secure the strap but rather to let Noa continue freely. Perhaps the light graze was in response of being happy to see his sister so excited, he is clearly being presented as her parental figure as there has been no signs or mentions of her father or mather but rather just her grandmother.

I like how there has been alot of development and growth but we really don't know anything at all which is the perfect pace to be in at only the 4th episode. I don't think any winter preview gave this show a chance and so far its proven to be beyond expectations and I hope it continues to do so.
Zanshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 11:58   Link #647
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
It's like putting 1 and 1 together. She's calling him by his last name, that's easy to conclude knowing that it's Noe's, Noe Isurugi, brother. They're blood siblings so of course they have the same last name.
As for Hiromi I'm open to all the interpretations (even if I sense her real love is only one, that person not being Jun) , but please let's not jump to assumptions because Noe and Jun share the same surname.

Spoiler for Da Capo:


I have also interpreted the helmet scene as sign of "over-brotherly" interest showed by Jun towards Noe. They couldn't have animated it so well, if it wasn't serving any purpose or giving any hint.
__________________
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 12:17   Link #648
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Blog article is up:

[RIUVA] Trial Run: True Tears, Episode 4
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 12:45   Link #649
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
pretty nice Blog article there, pretty much agree with everything!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 13:09   Link #650
electronicmaji
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I watched episode and all I can say is.....

WINCEST?


OH btw, I am officially on the AI-SHIN couple wagon, those other whiny bitches don't deserve pussy boy IMO.
electronicmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 13:13   Link #651
cloudninja
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
True Tears is awesome

Partial review of episode 4 and thoughts on it. Not in chronological order, but in order of personal preference (Hiromi-Noe-Aiko).
Spoiler:

This series is getting even better. I hope there's no dropoff in enjoyability later.

Episode 5 preview thoughts
Spoiler:

Definitely my favorite new show in a while. This is the only one where I actually bother to watch two fansub versions so I don't miss out because of possible minor translation errors. Watching the same scenes a second time also allow me to take in some things I might have missed or did'nt quite connect the first time through.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-01-28 at 13:45. Reason: fixed minor spelling and grammar errors
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 13:21   Link #652
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
@ Rhyel. ~ Raises hand... If you're pointing to the licking part then... umm... it's not that weird, considering her personality. As for the current episode, good indeed, lots of development and, well stuff like usual. This show sure has a lot of "stuff" I can't name every single lil thing, but there are lots and lots of details. Although things do seem to repeat, like say:
  • Walk on the beach.
  • Talk in class (2-3 times)
  • Talk at Ai's store (3 times I think)
  • Talk in the hall. (2 times)
  • Talk just outside the house. (2 times)
  • Talk at the table. (2 times)
  • Talk beneath the tree. (3 times)
* Blah blah blah etc etc... Well, budgets gotta get cut somewhere I guess.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 13:36   Link #653
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post
I watched episode and all I can say is.....

WINCEST?


OH btw, I am officially on the AI-SHIN couple wagon, those other whiny bitches don't deserve pussy boy IMO.
AH! AH! damn I wish it would happen! It won't, Ai has not chance in hell! Don't get me wrong, they are the couple I wish would happen, but if Shin is not blood related with Haromi, they are going to end together, or Noe. Aiko has not chance in hell, it will be the biggest upset in anime since Canvas2. Aiko won't break with Nobuse and even if she did shin considers Aiko off limits.
I have been suffering since I finally was convinced that Aiko and Nobuse are actually dating.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post

This series is getting even better. I hope there's no dropoff in enjoyability later.

Episode 5 preview thoughts
Spoiler:

Definitely my favorite new show in a while. This is the only one where I actually bother to watch two fansub versions so I don't miss out because of possible minor translation errors.
I agree with your thoughts about the preview. Shin probably made another hook up like he did with Aiko and nobuse. I guess he likes being a freaking matchmaker and now I see how it happpened with poor Aiko!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 13:50   Link #654
nanaman
Musician guy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Yeah nice blog article Ascaloth, however I have to say you must be damn picky with your anime if it took 4 episodes for you to decide to watch the rest of this great anime I got stuck with it from the utmost beginning, I just can't wait for the next episode to come out.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 14:16   Link #655
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
@ nanaman ~ Took me a while to pick it up as well. The biggest and probably only bad part in the show is the first 3-5 second in the opening. Excuse me but it's fukin' piece of crap. The melody and scene sets your expectations to those of a crappy etcii show where you'd expect to see the characters panties more then her face, and where the male lead is besides a pervert, a molesting piece of idiot shit, which for no reason just exists surrounded by idiots trying to get him the big breasted stupid girl of the show.

First onlookers will likely shift through the scenes thinking they're finding what they be expecting. Worse case: horny/etchii brainless harem show.
Well, just try to imagine. It's very easy to drop this show even if you're the type to like it.

(I dropped it too at first, I just happen to watched the first episode later on because it had good looking animation)
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 14:25   Link #656
electronicmaji
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
The first half of the song is ok, but that last half sucks....

The Animation quality in this series is good, could be better, I don't see how Rosario, which has utter shite for character design, got good animators, and this show got pretty bad ones.

They still do a great job though....jut not as fluid as it could be...
electronicmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 14:40   Link #657
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exciting Mascot Village~Paya!
Episode 4 was another excellent one. It keeps getting better and better each week. The funniest and cutest moment for me was:
Spoiler for funniest and cutest moment:

True Tears and Spice & Wolf have redeemed me of my low expectations for the Winter 2008 anime season. They are my favorites of this season. Both prove a show can be excellent through character chemistry and solid storytelling, without the need for useless action sequences and melodramatics.
__________________
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 14:41   Link #658
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Just to repeat something I said a couple of times in spoilers before the sub for ep4 came out: don't jump to conclusions. Hiromi may actually like Isurugi Jun, and may actually see Shin as a brother. We just don't know yet.

One thing that makes me think she does like Jun is how happily she seemed to Shin to be talking abut Jun. Shin was shocked that his image of her as a sad person was contradicted by that, and felt that he had misunderstood her. Maybe she's faking it, maybe she isn't. She was fairly convincing, anyway.

Why was she so amused and happy in the tooth-brushing scene? Was it because she had been able to tell Shin she liked someone else, and felt the air had been cleared somewhat? Or was it because she felt closer to him, which is where she wants to be?

In any case, even if she likes Shin, she has been told by Shin's mom to keep her paws off him, and she is doing her best. Maybe even to the extent of falling in love with someone else.

The interpretation that she is telling Shin in the preview that he shouldn't have set her up with Jun is certainly the natural one, but previews often mislead.

Like SvenTheSweeper this and Spice & Wolf are the two new shows I most look forward to. Especially this one.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 14:47   Link #659
electronicmaji
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
this show needs its own subforum

it deserves it more than spice and wolf imo
electronicmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 15:01   Link #660
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Just to repeat something I said a couple of times in spoilers before the sub for ep4 came out: don't jump to conclusions. Hiromi may actually like Isurugi Jun, and may actually see Shin as a brother. We just don't know yet.

One thing that makes me think she does like Jun is how happily she seemed to Shin to be talking abut Jun. Shin was shocked that his image of her as a sad person was contradicted by that, and felt that he had misunderstood her. Maybe she's faking it, maybe she isn't. She was fairly convincing, anyway.

Why was she so amused and happy in the tooth-brushing scene? Was it because she had been able to tell Shin she liked someone else, and felt the air had been cleared somewhat? Or was it because she felt closer to him, which is where she wants to be?

In any case, even if she likes Shin, she has been told by Shin's mom to keep her paws off him, and she is doing her best. Maybe even to the extent of falling in love with someone else.

The interpretation that she is telling Shin in the preview that he shouldn't have set her up with Jun is certainly the natural one, but previews often mislead.

Like SvenTheSweeper this and Spice & Wolf are the two new shows I most look forward to. Especially this one.
You say all of this, but do you actually believe it? Does anybody reall truly believes that she may like anyone other that Shin. Like i have said at least twice before if she does not then this become pretty boring.

Since Ai won't act becaus eof seeing Noe and the friend (forgets name) is there even though she probably will break it off before the end. Unless something drastic happens.

Noe won't act because of her strange personality and because of Hirmomi.

Hiromi won't act because of number 4 and the mother not wanting her close to Shin.

^^all of this is if Hiromi does not like Shin.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.